• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 VidDoc 2 - Crescendo: The Making of Gears 3

-PXG-

OdysseusVA said:
Looking good!
Why not use CliffyB's title suggestion? "This time it works" :p

I really liked the "Brothers To The End" tagline. It's much better than "Hope Runs Deep" from Gears 2. I felt nothing was more appropriate.

I'll repost it for the new page. This will probably be the last time I post any art for the OT. I have to keep some things a surprise. Plus, I have to wait for Epic to release some more art for me to make stuff out of.

gears_3_septemberthreag8pw.jpg

I made a ninja edit to my last post. I forgot to apply hard light to the characters. I also switched the background splatters to vivid light, from normal. Gives it more pop. I don't plan on making any changes to it. It's pretty much a done deal.

-PXG-

I have to make finishing touches on the XBL tags. Once those are done, and we get close to Sept. 20th, I'll add people to them. 1 and 2 have a few spots left. The third is has plenty of vacancy.

It appears that Epic is pretty nonchalant about hyping their game. I guess we'll see more stuff and more excitement next month or in the beginning of September. We're nearing the home stretch. I know my fellow beta bros are ready foaming at the mouths right about now, just itching to get back into it. I sure am.

Gears 2 is the shitty pizza joint across the street. It's readily available, you know what has to offer and it's terrible, but fills your belly when you're starving. Gears 3 is the new spot downtown that you hear nothing but good things about. Problem is, it won't be open for another two months.

-PXG- said:
I really liked the "Brothers To The End" tagline. It's much better than "Hope Runs Deep" from Gears 2. I felt nothing was more appropriate.

I'll repost it for the new page. This will probably be the last time I post any art for the OT. I have to keep some things a surprise. Plus, I have to wait for Epic to release some more art for me to make stuff out of.

http://www.abload.de/img/gears_3_septemberthreag8pw.jpg[/im]

I made a ninja edit to my last post. I forgot to apply hard light to the characters. I also switched the background splatters to vivid light, from normal. Gives it more pop. I don't plan on making any changes to it. It's pretty much a done deal.[/quote]

Definitely gives the image more "pop", and I can't get over how great your logo looks in gold.

Looking forward to see what else you have instore for the OT.

Ballistik

I feel that there's got to be a way we can link the tags so that we can play with everyone from all 3 tags! Atleast for me, i pretty much only played with those in the first tag. And not everyone on it was a regular player, i noticed some people only tried the beta once or twice but kept the tag as their friend.

Perhaps we can have a big list of active players that survive past the first few weeks?

-PXG-

Ballistik said:
I feel that there's got to be a way we can link the tags so that we can play with everyone from all 3 tags! Atleast for me, i pretty much only played with those in the first tag. And not everyone on it was a regular player, i noticed some people only tried the beta once or twice but kept the tag as their friend.

Perhaps we can have a big list of active players that survive past the first few weeks?

I'm only I have all three tags added, so that I can easily manage them.

If only you could view friends of friends of friends. That would fix the problem.

whitehawk

Banned
-PXG- said:

I made a ninja edit to my last post. I forgot to apply hard light to the characters. I also switched the background splatters to vivid light, from normal. Gives it more pop. I don't plan on making any changes to it. It's pretty much a done deal.
Honestly, I don't like the text.

-PXG-

whitehawk said:
Honestly, I don't like the text.

Hmmm. Just now, I started tooling around with 3D effects in Illustator. I might do another version with 3D text, with a concrete texture.

Kydd BlaZe

Yeah, that text shadow wasn't even necessary, PXG. The font, as well as everything else was perfect as it was. Awesome work nonetheless, bro.

-PXG-

Product-Shot-OG-Slick-x-Gears-of-War-3.jpg

I got this shirt the other day. Designed by OG Slick and originally only available at E3. They're being sold at Hot Topic for a limited time.

Darkone

Hope to see great boss fights here, and espically a challanging Final boss, not like the one in GOW2 who was very easy to kill even on hardest setting.

Konny

Neo Member
-PXG- said:
Product-Shot-OG-Slick-x-Gears-of-War-3.jpg

I got this shirt the other day. Designed by OG Slick and originally only available at E3. They're being sold at Hot Topic for a limited time.

i need this shirt : O

Morphis

Balehead said:
"So what happens with the apocalypse, we have these low tech weapons. - So here's the Silverback robotsuit."
This made me chuckle as well.

Honestly, can't wait. I had so much fun in the beta and I look forward to hooking up two Xboxes to play the campaign in 4 player co-op day one.

-PXG-

MUST....STOP....

agg_gow3_otmainbanner_e82p.jpg

- Added cracks and distress to text
- Added decoractive cracks to BG
- Added a faded crimson omen and graffiti tags to the BG
- fixed the "3" so that it matches the one in the official logo
- Smoothed out jagged edges of the text (just a simple manual blur)

No more....

Karram

The header looks really nice. But if there is one thing I don't like is how bright the yellow color is around Dom.

nomis

Chairman Yang said:
Incredible graphics: This is what really baffles me. Everyone seems to love the graphics, but to me, they look like the same generic brown-grey worn-down stuff that plagued a good chunk of this generation. I guess you could argue that Gears 1 was one of the pioneers of this style, and that's fine, but it doesn't excuse Gears 2 or 3.

Why should they have to change their art style instead of keeping it consistent throughout the series, just because some other games aped it?

Tight controls: Movement in Gears is ponderous, slow, and not particularly responsive. Controls are an area where Gears is downright worse than the competition.

sgsx6s.jpg

Xamdou

-PXG- said:

Great work on the Gears 3 Official thread banner -PXG-!

Veelk

Banned
-PXG- said:
MUST....STOP....

agg_gow3_otmainbanner_e82p.jpg

- Added cracks and distress to text
- Added decoractive cracks to BG
- Added a faded crimson omen and graffiti tags to the BG
- fixed the "3" so that it matches the one in the official logo
- Smoothed out jagged edges of the text (just a simple manual blur)

No more....

Do you hate baird or something? It was bad enough that he was so distant before, but now he's almost completely covered up.
KuGsj.gif

omnomis said:

Compared to Vanquish, the controls are unresponsive and especially the movement is so plodding. Its going to be hard to go back to this slow style of play after Vanquish. Still looking forward to Gears, but more for the set pieces than the actual moment to moment gameplay.

vanquish-o.gif

-PXG-

No I don't hate Baird. In fact, he's my favorite character. I just felt at that height, the text looked good. So...sorry Baird....you got smothered.

Xamdou said:
Great work on the Gears 3 Official thread banner -PXG-!

Why did you quote an old version?

Oh, and I also made this wallpaper today. Feel free to use it.

agg_gow3_immulsion_wal88fy.jpg

1920 x 1200

exYle

MentalNoiz said:
Compared to Vanquish, the controls are unresponsive and especially the movement is so plodding. Its going to be hard to go back to this slow style of play after Vanquish. Still looking forward to Gears, but more for the set pieces than the actual moment to moment gameplay.

vanquish-o.gif

The style of gameplay in Vanquish and Gears are really quite different... the tactics of one will get you killed in the other.

Great work, PXG!

exYle said:
The style of gameplay in Vanquish and Gears are really quite different... the tactics of one will get you killed in the other.

Great work, PXG!

What he's missing is related to the weight and size of Gears models, so expecting them to move with the same speed and agility as Vanquish hero is asking for to much.

-PXG-

I really hope I can snag an early copy, just like I did with Gears 2. Lets hope my local Sears breaks street date again....or....some nice folks at Epic a brother up....cough.........

I might go pay off the rest of my Epic Edition today. Still contemplating getting that console. God damn...

Just watched the Crescendo trailer. Wow. I saw some stuff I probably didn't want to see and would rather be surprised by, but wow. The Gears 3 beta already convinced me that Gears 3 would be the best Gears game...But now I'm super hyped. Can't wait. Glad this is hitting in September, not November.

Top Bottom