• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Beta |OT| Hello Chainsaw My Old Friend, I've Come To Rev You Up Again

Moofers

I'm really impressed with the spectator setup. Having a player control the broadcast to the audience and actively choose the angles and zooms is really cool. Gives you a view like we've never had before.

Domination. But get a 3 cap is instant win. If you lose a round you can place power weapons where you want.
sounds interesting. im glad they are making all these new game modes, all i usually play is koth but dodgeball could be my new fav mode.
Ring based game to 210. Whoever loses the round gets to pick where to put a power weapon. Every round the respawn timer is upped by 2 seconds. A 3 cap ends the round immediately. They said something about a half time but I'm not sure after which round that happens tho. Basically it begins at the settings for round 1 (10 second respawn, no power weapons) and the rings are moved.
man that sounds real good

BradC00

so you can remove power weapons too...interesting. wonder what's up with the sounds now. gnashers pumping out melodies lol.

they really need to add a theatre mode like halo, so much cool shit happens in gears. recording a clip isnt the same thing because you cant view things from different angles

Yeah get to 210 first.

Yeah I think you can score first to 210 or something I don't remember the exact Number.

Thanks.

Okay this looks legit. My main concern was that this game would be too campy with the strong lancer and wall-tagging nades, but this mode drives good movement and aggression.

My only concern now is that 7 rounds to win is way too long for matchmaking. I can imagine a lot of people quitting or dropping out after losing a few rounds.

Theorry

Thanks.

Okay this looks legit. My main concern was that this game would be too campy with the strong lancer and wall-tagging nades, but this mode drives good movement and aggression.

My only concern now is that 7 rounds to win is way too long for matchmaking. I can imagine a lot of people quitting or dropping out after losing a few rounds.

They did say this was the gamemode for more comp play.

Thanks.

yeah thats what im thinking. i remember back in gears 1 days we would play 12 rounds or something ridiculous like that of warzone/execution but majority of gears 1 players were hardcore group.

should be best out of 7

BradC00

yeah thats what im thinking. i remember back in gears 1 days we would play 12 rounds or something ridiculous like that of warzone/execution but majority of gears 1 players were hardcore group.

should be best out of 7

I bet for match making it'll be best of 5 or 7.

Tried the beta for the first time yesterday! I love the updated movement compared to UE, so smooth and fast, all the weapons feel great as well. The moment I changed my turning and aiming speed up on my options, the game became even better. The maps... Oh man, the maps are so great compared to UE's, they worked hard to make them clean. Count me in as hyped for the full game!

BradC00

Tried the beta for the first time yesterday! I love the updated movement compared to UE, so smooth and fast, all the weapons feel great as well. The moment I changed my turning and aiming speed up on my options, the game became even better. The maps... Oh man, the maps are so great compared to UE's, they worked hard to make them clean. Count me in as hyped for the full game!

one of us one of us!

nice to see the old character skins making a comeback. the new cogs and swarm are not doing it for me.

T3uEBPl.jpg

pizzacat

Banned
nice to see the old character skins making a comeback. the new cogs and swarm are not doing it for me.
Commando Dom 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Also naming a mode escalation confirms no escalation map coming back right?

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Theorry

Skins, characters could have been so great like Halo 5 and free maps. Still not sure about the rotating maps. Even if they are free. Would have been fine with every month new maps dropping in the normal matchmaking next to all other maps.

Played Dodgeball at PaxEast today. I wanted the dam level but didn't get it. The level we played was a lot of fun though. Just not graphically impressive. It's now on my holiday wish list.

pizzacat

Banned
I mean those were all characters from UE anyway.

Tell me when that boy Paduk and Skorge come back

Pretty sure those are all their UE icons too

Theorry

Played Dodgeball at PaxEast today. I wanted the dam level but didn't get it. The level we played was a lot of fun though. Just not graphically impressive. It's now on my holiday wish list.

Dodgeball is such a great mode. Just one little different thing compared to Execution and its opens up to a larger audience right away.

Dodgeball is such a great mode. Just one little different thing compared to Execution and its opens up to a larger audience right away.

It's even better if you have a full team..Lots of fun..

I wish Guardian will be good too but ı doubt that it will be as good as Gears 2 guardian..Gears 2 maps were designed around Guardian that's why G2 Guardian was the best.G3 guardian was shit compared to G2.

I mean those were all characters from UE anyway.

Tell me when that boy Paduk and Skorge come back

Pretty sure those are all their UE icons too

someone on reddit made a good point, the character icons might be placeholders. the cog side doesn't have a JD portrait and he's the one on screen. i should have checked that before posting the pic.

It's even better if you have a full team..Lots of fun..

I wish Guardian will be good too but ı doubt that it will be as good as Gears 2 guardian..Gears 2 maps were designed around Guardian that's why G2 Guardian was the best.G3 guardian was shit compared to G2.

It always baffles me when people hate on gears 2 cause Guardian is still to this day my favourite gamemode, especially with those maps

So I was ducked into the back of a truck with a clear height advantage over a sniper on Dam yet somehow he was able to pop my head...that seems physically impossible. It looked like the shot just clipped through the back window of the truck. Wish I would've grabbed a clip.

bidguy

Banned
someone on reddit made a good point, the character icons might be placeholders. the cog side doesn't have a JD portrait and he's the one on screen. i should have checked that before posting the pic.

man it would be amazing if they put every gears character as skins im mp ...

Top Bottom