• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 coming free with Nvidia 1070 & 1080s through Oct 30

Corpekata

Banned
The Verge has details

Microsoft is teaming up with Nvidia to give away free copies of Gears of War 4. If you purchase a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 as a graphics card, part of a system, or inside a laptop then you'll get a free copy of Gears of War 4. The promotion runs from today until October 30th, and as the game is Xbox Play Anywhere you'll get a copy of the PC version and Xbox One variant for free.

Nvidia hasn't pushed the game promos too much lately due to the high demand of their higher end cards. Last promo was for Paragon fun bucks, so this is a step up. Seems like MS is really pushing this port too.

Edit:

For those of you that have purchased a card within the past short while, it is worth contacting your retailer to ask to be upgraded to the promotion. YMMV of course, but calling Newegg worked for me and at least one other person in the thread.

Yes, this is a code that would also work for Xbox gamers, so they can get it from people selling in the BST thread too.

Titan X Pascal users am cry
They did the same thing around the TW3 launch and then gave Titan X users TW3 for free anyway

cheezcake

Pretty smart move, gotta try and get people a little more enthused about UWP games and the Windows Store. At least they've been moving in the right direction.

MS is pushing Gears 4 PC pretty hard. Really happy to see that.

This promo will help keep the player base on PC up, too. Glad to see that.

Vuze

So what are the chances either Caseking or EVGA will grant me a code for one of my 1080 """launch"""" purchases? :v

Corpekata

Banned
Damn, a week too late for me.

I would try talking to where you got it from once the deal is live in most places. Most are pretty good at giving it as a sign of good faith (after all, if you are buying 300-700 dollar GPUs, you're probably a customer they want to retain). A long time ago Newegg did it for me for one promo.

Lexxon

Aw man, looking forward to Gears 4 local co-op now that that's been announced, but I got my 1070 3-4 weeks ago. Wait for the sales, I guess!

As a quick reminder, most places where this is possible to redeem, will also grant you the code if you got a Titan X or 1070 or 1080 slightly before the action started.

Same thing happens every time these deals come about. People always get the codes from my personal experience.

Corpekata

Banned
Even if you don't like the series or something, it's a Win 10 UWP game. All the other candidates like Mafia 3 or something are games that are going to get discounted a lot anyway (or hell, are probably like 20 percent off at GMG right now), so personally I'm all for something that means we'll see discounts for this type of game (even if you have to go to the BST thread for it)

Corpekata

Banned
So ... how do I do this?

Do I have to scan the invoice and send it to someone ?

Typically it'll just be added into your cart if it's a new purchase. Like if you go to Newegg now you'll see 1080s with Paragon promos a little under the item details. Retail wise it's sometimes included on a card. There should be a redemption page that'll go live later today with more specifics.

If you bought it before today, you'll likely just need to contact customer service there and ask.

mike4001_

Typically it'll just be added into your cart if it's a new purchase. Like if you go to Newegg now you'll see 1080s with Paragon promos. Retail wise it's sometimes included on a card. There should be a redemption page that'll go live later today with more specifics.

If you bought it before today, you'll likely just need to contact customer service there and ask.

OK, but there a thousands of little computer stores which sell hardware.

I double they will all have a system to give out these codes.

I've no plans on upgrading my GPU until 2018, but the combination of cheap keys and not having to give the Windows store my money means I'll definitely be playing this which is a nice surprise!

Hopefully this becomes a common occurrence for MS games from here on out.

Jawmuncher

Hope I can get my hands on one. Had I not bought a 1060 a little while ago, this would have enticed me to get a 1070 instead

Nice. I might pull the trigger on a 1070 and retire my 970.

Thing is though, I have a Xbox 360 but never bought a Gears game and never played the original on PC either. Hope Gears 4 is decent to play without knowing much. Only thing I heard was Marcus Fenix has a now older son in the game or something.

Ah cool, means cheap keys for Gears 4 ?

You already know

Obama-Smirk.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
OK, but there a thousands of little computer stores which sell hardware.

I double they will all have a system to give out these codes.

In that case if you haven't bought it yet I would wait and see. Checking the page from the Paragon promo implies it's only participating retailers, so there might not be a way for buying it from a random shop unless the shop typically participates, and it looks like they are suggesting the onus is on the store.

If you already have it and can't get the store to budge it certainly would not hurt to email Nvidia with a copy of your invoice.

Top Bottom