• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 coming free with Nvidia 1070 & 1080s through Oct 30

Soulflarz

Banned
lmao you all are doing what I did
the game hasn't been revoked yet
call ms
it's still good on their side even though it says revoked
fucking weird.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So now he is threatening me, he said he will contact the shipper for my personal information.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Does the guy have any prior history on eBay? If not I would assume he feels like he has nothing to lose.

He has 123 items sold and 100% feedback, I don't understand though because he sent me the full refund now...
So he forced that partial refund, then I sent him a message saying I did not agree with that and I'd like the full refund, that I was civil and asked him first how he wanted to proceed before I went for the chargeback directly, then he sent me the other part of the refund with a message "I will contact the shipper for your personal information" (I was charged that shipping fee from Pitney Bowes because it was an international sale and was done automatically by eBay, and I let that charge slide).
It feels like it's an empty threat, but who knows, I should maybe inform eBay and see how to proceed with this?

Haha, the Reddit keys were retroactively disabled. Serves us right I guess. Going to try and file a complaint with Paypal. But It's on me, I should have known.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ignore threat, file dispute.
But I see in my PayPal activity that it was refunded and marked as refund, he can't chargeback right?
Should I still file a dispute?
Edit: Oh actually, it appears I can't open a dispute on an item that was refunded. He only refunded me the $15 he had the game on sale for, the Pitney Bowes $13 charge wasn't refunded. Should I use that for a dispute?

mdsfx

mine is downloading fine...strange.

0keOOxj.png

jrcbandit

My GoW4 was revoked but I bought it from a fellow GAFer. Should have bought it off Ebay to ensure the ability to get a refund, but I sent a PM here so hopefully he comes through.

PrinceKee

Who knows, this is damn weird.

Ignore threat, file dispute.

Both.

I'm talking to support now and he doesn't even see the game on my account any more. And asked for the code which isn't a Microsoft code and just an nvidia code. He's still trying to look into it...

Edit: now he says he does see the preorder but since it's not from Microsoft it's no price attached. Says it's may be just a timing issue whatever that means...

etta

my hard graphic balls
I asked him about the threat, about why he needs to threaten people over $15, said I was civil about the whole exchange, asked if this was just an empty threat due to the stress of having to refund all these people or if it was a serious issue I needed to follow up on, and he said that it wasn't a threat but just his English barrier.

Does this not sound like a threat:
I will be contacting the reship for your personal information. Have a good day.

Looks like mine got borked as well... oh well, I PMed the user who sold it to me earlier asking if they'd be willing to refund if mine died as well, still waiting for a response.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Hi all

We detected some Gears 4 Windows 10 keys were obtained illegitimately via our NVIDIA promotion. We have gone ahead and revoked keys that fell in this bucket. If you believe your key was incorrectly revoked, we highly recommend you contact NVIDIA support with proof of purchase to help out with this.

mdsfx

Hi all

We detected some Gears 4 Windows 10 keys were obtained illegitimately via our NVIDIA promotion. We have gone ahead and revoked keys that fell in this bucket. If you believe your key was incorrectly revoked, we highly recommend you contact NVIDIA support with proof of purchase to help out with this.

Sooo... if mine is still downloading am i good?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hi all

Getting a key for $15 was pretty much the only way I could afford your game, haha. RIP

Sooo... if mine is still downloading am i good?

It'll more than likely give you errors when you boot after downloading.

Hi all

The xbox store still says that I own this product

Am I in the clear or should I start crying?

Soulflarz

Banned
oh

Hi all

RIP literally every GAF member who bought it :^)

etta

my hard graphic balls
It just disappeared from my library as well. Still kinda scared about that threat though, who threatens people over $15 when they know eBay can track him down though.
Should I get in contact with eBay over this?

Zerbaderb

Neo Member
It just disappeared from my library as well. Still kinda scared about that threat though, who threatens people over $15 when they know eBay can track him down though.
Should I get in contact with eBay over this?

Absolutely. Don't stand for that shit.

robotrock

Banned
A thought: Will this not just lead to more piracy and less actual money for Microsoft? Seems a poor choice.

If anyone's trying to revoke them, it's probably nvidia, and not Microsoft. I'm sure the way this works is Nvidia gives money to Microsoft for every code that gets redeemed.

Top Bottom