• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 - New screenshots

Some more at the link: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/g.../2016/03/11/exclusive-screenshot-gallery.aspx

Looks fantastic.

gameplay_storm_wall_final.jpg

zsynqx

I kinda miss that Unreal Engine look which was so present last gen, so loving these shots.

Lighting looks phenomenal.

DJ_Lae

I like the vaulting over cover to kick the enemy in the face move, although it reminds me of Bulletstorm and that makes me sad because we'll never get another of those.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
gears_of_war_1.jpg

Fucking bullshots. Ten years later and we are barely coming close to this.

lighting looks awesome.

1080p, great lighting, and that gears 1 atmosphere - good to go boys! [& girls!]

i'm sure there will be some xbone shortcomings when we see bigger pictures, but they seem to have nailed a solid "look" regardless.

gears_of_war_1.jpg

HIgh quality assets, per object motion blur, good post post process bloom, real time shadows.

Gears only started looking like this around Gears 3 time.
---

They probably are PC shots tbh. But yeah,... at unattainable resolutions. That is, if you can even see them in the first place screenshotsforants.jpg

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
gears_of_war_1.jpg

Game Informer noted the one render which is the knife kill. It's stated in the article.

[Note: the image above is technically a render and not a screenshot but it looks pretty close to the execution animations we saw in the two demos.]

The rest are screenshots from the demo they got to see.

Nibel

Come on, Game Informer - exclusive coverage or not, this is 2016 and you ain't Famitsu. These screenshot sizes, smh

Xbob42

Banned
Not sure why Game Informer decided to upload fucking 610x330 shots but...they look great even at this small size.

Er, I think you mean they look great because of their small size. Screenshots almost always look way more impressive as you shrink them down, much harder to see flaws. (Not saying they do or do not look great at full size, as I obviously don't know.)

Top Bottom