• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Moofers

Great job, Nate! I don't use dark theme so it looks great to me. I especially liked the links to the old OT's dating back to Gears 2. Nice touch!

Anyone needing a Horde partner should add me. I'll be on all weekend. GT: uno ill Nino

Electret

Would someone please clarify for me: I thought I read that if you order Gears 4 - in general, i.e., any edition - before 2017 you get the 360 collection regardless. OP says it doesn't come with the standard edition. So is it anytime before 2017 or would I need to preorder?

Thanks.

Edit: I see this has already been asked.

Dabanton

Knowing I'm going to be busy this weekend means the temptation to get the ultimate edition to play early has faded.

0racle

Guys, I want to play gears I really do

but that rodeo run camera shake kills me, I get motion sick. PLEASE tell me I can turn it off this time? I played through the first one years ago...just barely because of it.

Would someone please clarify for me: I thought I read that if you order Gears 4 - in general, i.e., any edition - before 2017 you get the 360 collection regardless. OP says it doesn't come with the standard edition. So is it anytime before 2017 or would I need to preorder?

Thanks.

Edit: I see this has already been asked.

Typo!

WhiteWolf

I am really intrigued by this game; I haven't played a Gears game since Gears 2 and the quality of the PC port looks high. How meaty will the campaign be?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So those playing on PC, are you going mouse/keyboard or controller? I can't make up my mind. I usually go with mouse/keyboard for any shooter, but I'm so damn used to playing the Gears series with a controller.

So those playing on PC, are you going mouse/keyboard or controller? I can't make up my mind. I usually go with mouse/keyboard for any shooter, but I'm so damn used to playing the Gears series with a controller.

Controller all the way. I play my FPS games with keyboard and mouse, but third person shooters work best on controllers. Also, Gears without a controller would feel "wrong"

If I have the UE on XB1 can I get it on PC on Friday?

Digital? If it's digital then yes.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
I'm ready to eat! Btw, anyone who ordered from Amazon have their order shipped yet? (Ultimate Edition)

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Btw, how do I choose where to install my games from the Windows Store? Don't have any space on my SSD.

WhiteWolf

10 hours but impressions say its the best one yet.
Awesome, that sounds like the perfect length for this type of game. I will probably end up getting this, but do I need to know much of what happened in the older games? I only played the first 2 and that was a long time ago.

SaganIsGOAT

Guys, I want to play gears I really do

but that rodeo run camera shake kills me, I get motion sick. PLEASE tell me I can turn it off this time? I played through the first one years ago...just barely because of it.

They've toned down the camera shake during roadie runs SIGNIFICANTLY and it looks great!

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=4700080

Hard to believe it has been 10 years since the first Gears of War. I have some of my best memories of playing with fellow GAFfers from those days that still rank among the best times on Xbox Live for me. Nostalgia has more to do with me wanting to play 4 than anything else. Truly wish Rod and everyone on GOW4 the very best!

Wow, almost 80 pages to get to the point where the game actually released. Gee, I miss those old OTs. Wait, I totally don't.

Added digital unlock times to the OP.

HOdFurv.png

phant0m

When do we get our 360 collection games? I was hoping before launch so I could burn through Gears 3 again this weekend.

Playing the Gears remaster and Gears 2 over the past few nights has me really kinda jonesing for this.

Not nearly $100 jonesing, but if the reviews are decent I'll jump in quick.

Controller all the way. I play my FPS games with keyboard and mouse, but third person shooters work best on controllers. Also, Gears without a controller would feel "wrong"

Digital? If it's digital then yes.

Oh yeah I see it here available on 07/10/2016 awesome. One more question, if I buy an XB1 code (off cdkeys), do I enter it into Xbox.com and it should show up in my library on PC? Or do I need an XB1 console to activate it for PC? Not done the play anywhere thing yet.

burgerdog

I'm in on PC. Just waiting for user reports on the port. I've seen the nvidia guide and DF video, but after FH3 I'm waiting for gaffers to try it first.

Soi-Fong

I'm in on PC. Just waiting for user reports on the port. I've seen the nvidia guide and DF video, but after FH3 I'm waiting for gaffers to try it first.

Yeah... Hearing the Horizon horror stories will get to you especially with reports a 1080 couldn't hold 1080p/60 on that game.

HiiiLife

Watching all the executions why do all the heads explode? Lol. I know why but the OG trilogy executions really felt brutal to watch.

Maybe I'm just used to it.

Bsigg12

Is there anyway to upgrade from standard edition to ultimate edition? I suddenly really wanna play on Friday

Contact customer support and cancel your order and then order the ultimate edition.

I wonder when they'll add the ability to easily upgrade if you want.

Top Bottom