• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Karak

Why would anyone play gears on normal? Thats like easy mode.

The fact is people are literally buying consoles and PC's every day. And sometimes a game like Gears might have caused them to be interested. They don't have the skills to jump into a higher difficulty.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME OF ALL TIME IS BACK

This will literally be the only reason I have an Xbox One.

THANK YOU BASED ROD

Grisby

Just got back from Blaire Witch. This thread is the best thing I've seen all day. So exicited.

czs3O.jpg

Don't screw this up hurricane Matthew.

Nori Chan

So came back from the Gears 4 launch event and it was amazing! Almost 100 people in a packed building with star power up the wazoo. I arrived a little "early" late at around 2ish while the doors open at around 230. They let an x amount of people in and I wasn't a part of it. They told us that they wouldn't guarantee a spot for us, but we were more than welcome to wait if we wanted to. Half of the people in front of me left, but I was like "fuck it" might as well wait. Like 10 minutes later they let us through, but we were awaited by another line. Maybe an 40 min later they offered to let us in and I got to see all the celebs, gear, and bright lights you guys saw on the stream.

Liam, Eugene, and Laura (secret waifu btw) were all great, polite, and legitimately happy to be there and be a part of this franchise now. Hopefully they are a part of the future as well

Can't believe they gave out the UE of Gears 4 for free :D #INRODWETRUST

So came back from the Gears 4 launch event and it was amazing! Almost 100 people in a packed building with star power up the wazoo. I arrived a little "early" late at around 2ish while the doors open at around 230. They let an x amount of people in and I wasn't a part of it. They told us that they wouldn't guarantee a spot for us, but we were more than welcome to wait if we wanted to. Half of the people in front of me left, but I was like "fuck it" might as well wait. Like 10 minutes later they let us through, but we were awaited by another line. Maybe an 40 min later they offered to let us in and I got to see all the celebs, gear, and bright lights you guys saw on the stream.

Liam, Eugene, and Laura (secret waifu btw) were all great, polite, and legitimately happy to be there and be a part of this franchise now. Hopefully they are a part of the future as well

Holy hell, so jealous. Thanks for sharing, looks like it was an amazing time!

Hyyyyyype. Fuck man it's finally here. Bought an S, a ks8000, and a denon s720w just for this game. Friday my house will be rockin.

Damn son, I'm jealous! Looks like you had an awesome time.

Deciding whether to cancel my regular edition and pre-order the UE from Best Buy to pick it up tomorrow night. They already shipped the free mugs so after contacting support I would be charged for them so I'd have to return them even though I'll be receiving another batch from the UE pre-order lol.

GeoNeo

I disagree.

That is freaking awesome!

Also, I don't know who you are out of the three people in the photo but all good looking so #DatPrettyLife 😁

man... no multiplayer cross play with a controller only option just really upsets me. I'm glad I get to play horde with my console owning buddies, but Warzone was our shit back in the day... =(

GeoNeo

I disagree.
man... no multiplayer cross play with a controller only option just really upsets me. I'm glad I get to play horde with my console owning buddies, but Warzone was our shit back in the day... =(

No way to lock it down that is why. You can easily "trick" any game into thinking you're using a pad when infact you're using K&M.

Though, I think it should be allowed in "friendly" mode where stats or whatever don't matter.

Fotos

Also, I don't know who you are out of the three people in the photo but all good looking so #DatPrettyLife 😁

I believe those are the voice actors for the 3 main characters JD, Kait, and Del.

Oh yeah I see it here available on 07/10/2016 awesome. One more question, if I buy an XB1 code (off cdkeys), do I enter it into Xbox.com and it should show up in my library on PC? Or do I need an XB1 console to activate it for PC? Not done the play anywhere thing yet.

You don't need a console. The codes work on PC and Xbox One (as far as I know there are no specific codes)

Nori Chan

shiiiit that's JD, Kait, and Del :D

I was telling them that Laura had to be on Supergirl somehow seeing as how Liam (JD) was on the Flash and Eugene (Del) was on Arrow

No way to lock it down that is why. You can easily "trick" any game into thinking you're using a pad when infact you're using K&M.

Though, I think it should be allowed in "friendly" mode where stats or whatever don't matter.

the thing is, you can do it on consoles too...it's just not as wide spread of an issue.

Damn it hurts =/

Thewonandonly

Damn does anyone know if I can order that run the jewels gears shirt or a sticker of that symbol becuase that's one of the coolest things I have seen in my life and might just get a tattoo of it :O.
most likely not but it's still bad assssss

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I believe those are the voice actors for the 3 main characters JD, Kait, and Del.

shiiiit that's JD, Kait, and Del :D

I was telling them that Laura had to be on Supergirl somehow seeing as how Liam (JD) was on the Flash and Eugene (Del) was on Arrow

Oh shit haha my bad I first time seeing them. 😂

Thanks for sharing the photos and stuff that is awesome that they gave out cool stuff to fans. <3

the thing is, you can do it on consoles too...it's just not as wide spread of an issue.

Damn it hurts =/

I agree bro wish they could have handled it better, but maybe they can add in proper filtering in future patch that would be best option.

enemy2k

Should I preorder from the Xbox store or Microsoft store? MS store has the ten dollar gift card, does the Xbox store have any exclusive bonuses?

Getting ultimate if that matters.

bumpkin

I was worried that Best Buy was going to screw up and I wouldn't get the game (Ultimate Edition) by Friday, so imagine my shock when I got home from work today and had a package.

I've played it for about two hours and the most accurate thing I can say about it is this; "Yep, it's Gears." I'm playing on Hardcore and have died at least half a dozen times, about a 50-50 on me being stupid and the game playing dirty. But all in all I'm enjoying it. I can't really talk specifics about what I like or dislike without spoiling anything, but I can say Gears fans won't be disappointed.

Grisby

Legit jealous. Nice swag.

Did you talk with the VA at all about what the process was like? Laura's been in a lot of stuff.

dreamfall

ALL IN ! Going to jump straight in multiplayer and just be in Gears bliss! So happy we are back - playing the Remaster until it hits!

Karak

Glad to see voice actors being discussed. Love covering them in the reviews and they get mentioned so little these days.

shanew21

So those playing on PC, are you going mouse/keyboard or controller? I can't make up my mind. I usually go with mouse/keyboard for any shooter, but I'm so damn used to playing the Gears series with a controller.
I'm going to try the prologue with M+KB and switch if I feel like it. Forza I HAD to play with a controller. Gears I might still use a controller for old times sake.

Although I'll probably play it some on the XB1 because of HDR

Madness

Still remember the Gears 2 and Gears 3 midnight launches like it was yesterday. Cannot wait for Gears 4. I have to wait for Amazon canada to ship it since I had it preordered over a year and half ago because of the E3 30% promotion. Going to suck missing launch. Love that the series is back. Coalition in my backyard as well. Great group of people. Hope it is a massive success.

Glad to see voice actors being discussed. Love covering them in the reviews and they get mentioned so little these days.

Looking forward to your review buddy. Thanks for bringing such high quality content. Kicks so much ass. I probably say it too much everytime you are in a thread, but games are a massive passion so I deeply appreciate the work, time, care, and thought that is put into your channel.

Love and Respect

BizzyBum

If I bought the standard edition on the Windows store can I upgrade to the Ultimate edition or would I have to pay the full $99?

Courage

Pretty pumped for this, I was impressed by the beta, since it seemed like a more refined, faster paced Gears 3, and the changes to Horde seem refreshing without altering how it fundamentally plays; hopefully a solid campaign ties it together and I expect Coalition to comfortably take up the mantle of the series.

bbd23

man, I can't seem to get a legit gears code so im going to have to wait for a sale on the windows store...hopefully around black friday in murica. damn canadian dollar.

Game looks great though. this is going to be my first gears game when I eventually get it. hope I can still enjoy the story

golem

If I bought the standard edition on the Windows store can I upgrade to the Ultimate edition or would I have to pay the full $99?

Website chat with Microsoft support, they will need to refund your preorder in order to purchase the ultimate

Glassboy

I was worried that Best Buy was going to screw up and I wouldn't get the game (Ultimate Edition) by Friday, so imagine my shock when I got home from work today and had a package.

I've played it for about two hours and the most accurate thing I can say about it is this; "Yep, it's Gears." I'm playing on Hardcore and have died at least half a dozen times, about a 50-50 on me being stupid and the game playing dirty. But all in all I'm enjoying it. I can't really talk specifics about what I like or dislike without spoiling anything, but I can say Gears fans won't be disappointed.
That's awesome. I love getting games early. Rarely happens but it's always fun.

Damn! I wanted to go to the launch event today, but completely forgot about it.

Awesome swag.. sounds like fun!

Still on the fence if I'm going to Day 1 this or not. Already got Battlefield 1 on the way and not sure if I'll have the time between that and FH3.. but.. damn I'm hyped.

Top Bottom