• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Is there a reason horde players kill themselves with a grenade at the beginning of the game? I don't normally play horde, but it's happened every match today.

BenjiGAF

200 waves is a LOT of waves, man. I played a bunch last night and plan to again tonight but damn if it isn't super time-consuming

Acrylic7

1KUjZCM.gif

Z0awDAl.gif

V3K3juQ.gif

v9ycdxz.gif

p7uavdD.gif

Yeah I'm having horrible luck with this playlist. Normally players will go to first wipe/wave 10.

It's rough out there man, just played with an Engineer that didn't build or repair a single fortification. Instead he just kept dying and then buying Dropshots from the Fabricator every time he respawned. Somehow the idea of classes and roles is lost on like 80% of the player base.

J-Roderton

Kinda limited to my time over the weekend on feral horde, but, I was lucky enough on my first attempt. One dude bailed on wave 2 so the rest of us just built turrets and blew threw that shit. Had a solid engineer. The new variety on the waves was great. Would not hate if this playlist stayed a while.

^And holy shit at those clips posted

http://i.imgur.com/1KUjZCM.gif[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Z0awDAl.gif[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/V3K3juQ.gif[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/v9ycdxz.gif[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/p7uavdD.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Nice to know Im not the only one who gets these calls. Rage inducing.

Beat Feral Horde tonight (with a team of 3, from wave 30 onwards). All we did was hide in the cave in the center of the Clocktower map with some laser gates, weapon racks and most importantly, manned turrets. We didnt die once and it all seemed very easy. Our replicator was laid across the sole entrance to the cave, which created even more of a tight chokepoint. I was a heavy weapons class, but lucky for me, the other guys were an Engineer and Scout. It felt like a cheap win TBH.

The Stig

if you have bought this game on xbone, like I did is there a way to get a discount on a copy for windows 10? I just built a new PC.

Lol, first game on Social since they added crossplay. Dude on PC is 15-0.

I guess forcing the use of a controller just made too much sense for TC.

Edit: He ended up 20-0 lol. RIP Social.

Interested to see the weapon tuning they do in March. The gnasher in core is insane. I wish they would nerf it a bit. I feel like if they found a balance between core and competitive settings it would be amazing. Basically I would prefer to play competitive settings but I can't go into escalation without a team and even then it can feel lopsided at times.

Ballistik

From Facebook:

"The Competitive Warmup Trial Weekend is now live in Gears of War 4! Play Dodgeball, King Of The Hill and Arms Race with Competitive settings in a Social format playlist. Let us know your feedback on our official forums!"

This is what I wanted. Awesome.

I only okay core koth and I honestly have no problem with the Gnasher.

Yeah It has good range but I guess I'm always moving so its never an issue for me

Either that or it just doesnt annoy me. Id be happy enough for it to stay the way it is.

Acrylic7

I always play social. I feel like I'm moving way better in rotating competitive. weird

edit- Shotgun is even more broken?

Ballistik

Loved King with competitive tuning, it's how it should always be. It just gives you more breathing room with that shotgun since it requires more accuracy to get one shot kills. It's not as forgiving and lets you survive shots... that's how I was able to pull off this quin Lol

S7zz1ZX.gif

Acrylic7

You know there's different weapon tuning in competitive compared to social/core right?

yes
I know the shotgun only works super close but I'm still not killing people even when my shotgun is up their butt. I just have to come to the realization that gears will always be broken in some way.

edit- aw man they took the warm-up thing out?

Gnasher is slightly better. Still some sponging but not as much.

Sadly the small improvement has come at the cost of the range being increased by ridiculous amounts. We're essentially using the Gears 2 TU6 Gnasher now.

so they moved the shot point towards the end of the barrel but neglected to shorten the range to compensate? how did they miss this?

They're supposed to be doing some weapon rebalancing next week that should (I hope) hit the Core Gnasher pretty hard, I just hate that we have to endure a week of this Gnasher, especially when it's the only week of the month that we get the Developer Playlist.

BHK3

Banned
Do people still leave at a certain wave in horde(think it was 20)? Did they ever tweak any of the perk cards for horde or add more? Can I make a horde match and pick a map and invite my friend to play it yet?

Haven't played since maybe halloween since it took them 5 months to fix the gnasher and they never acknowledged that they created a horde mode.

I wish they would stop putting KotH in the Developer Playlist. The spawn system is just too damn broken.

On Old Town the hill is at the Longshot and my team is spawning at the Boomshot. That means that no matter where the enemy team is spawning, they're spawning closer to the hill. It makes no damn sense and has been a constant problem since the game launched.

Loved King with competitive tuning, it's how it should always be. It just gives you more breathing room with that shotgun since it requires more accuracy to get one shot kills. It's not as forgiving and lets you survive shots... that's how I was able to pull off this quin Lol

S7zz1ZX.gif

Nice. I've never had a quint kill in Gears 4.
My only criticism is your choice of outfit. Hoffman looks so much better in everything else. lol

Ballistik

Nice. I've never had a quint kill in Gears 4.
My only criticism is your choice of outfit. Hoffman looks so much better in everything else. lol

I used to rock the other skin but he just looks skinnier in this one. Pretty sure there's no difference in hitboxes between characters, but I like the illusion of being smaller and more nimble.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Love love love the new gnasher. Such a good feeling having the CONFIDENCE that when you walk up to someone with your shotty they're dead, no exceptions. Dream come true.

Im glad Tai is coming back, but Im more eager to see the new Swarm guys (and Myrrah). Especially since I seem to get allocated to their team 75% of the time.

Opened 30 packs, still no Tai. Friend gets him on his first pack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fuck this RNG shit. Saving up credits and scrap only for Anto & Clay Carmine / Classic Baird / Locust Sniper and Grenadier from now on.

pizzacat

Banned
Had a koth game where I was dominating some dude on purple prestiege and I'm still in the base levels

63 kills going into the second round

Lost connection to host

It was on developer playlist too

Lmfao

I bought about 50 packs. Got Tai twice, but really need the green laser Lancer and the steam Gnasher. I always seem to struggle to get a Lancer and Gnasher set of purple grade skins in these packs. Even with not the best luck, they are still good value for the scrap anyway.

pizzacat

Banned
Also they need to start making better craft only characters

I have so much craft points because the game insists on giving me skins even though I already have a set of the dumbest skins I've ever seen (chillin)

I'm using UIR guy for now because he's at least a bit close to Paduk but where's Paduk 🤔 just really strange to have so many uir people but not the only one with a face thats been in past games

Top Bottom