• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

Lunchbox

Banned
Stat Flow said:

"But what if I dont like change cliffy............."
TOO BAD MOTHERFUCKER!

After the awful TV commercial, rumors were going around the epic forums that Judgement was the last locked up exclusive Gears of war for Microsoft. So MS are purposely PGR4-ing this game to let the series go into hibernation with a low profile before the future of the franchise (which will probably get money hatted and stay exclusive) is finalized. Thats why its not receiving the marketing budget that can feed 3-4 third world countries that usual MS first party games get. What do you think of this conspiracy theory, cliffy?
CliffyB said:

QhleNVK.jpg
isjy0axezbd7.png

Devs: Epic and People can fly colab
Campaign and Co-op: 1-5 players
Versus : 2-10 players
Retail release: March 19th, 2013 (Preorder early access multiplayer hits 3 days before release, your progression from early access carries over to retail game)
Price: 60$ (if you are getting it, Microsofts online store has free 1600 points with it, so you can get it for 40$ at launch..........BOMBA)
Season pass: 1600 points (20$)

PWTmlO0.png
kfy0nmW.png
A5DGWp6.jpg
nHvqqmZ.jpg

Before Marcus took his Doo-rag off in Gears 3 and changed the universe, this prequel sets up the events of the original trilogy. Takes place 14 years before Emergence Day, you’ll fight to save the city of Halvo Bay from the perspective of Kilo Squad, led by Baird and Cole. The story is told in part through a series of flashbacks. As war rages around them, Kilo Squad is put on trial and this leads up to testimonies and court scenes.

New Stuff:

You have the option to play the campaign levels as presented, or change it up by declassifying information with the new Declassified Testimony system. By declassifying testimonies within the course of the campaign, which act as side objectives, you can change up the game and campaign playthroughs wont be the same every time (think Left 4 Dead). Weapons and alternate scenarios will be unlocked, modifiers will be thrown in to mix up the combat (enemy rushes you with melee weapons more, FOG OF WAR etc.) and change up enemies, encounters, testimonies in court and other things story related People can fly wont tell us about.....cause you know story is so so important to gears, gotta keep it HUSH HUSH

Boooooooooooooooring............ZZzzZZZZzzzZZZZzzz, heres why you really play gears -

x9wXZ4a.png

oXtblka.png

Updates - 1 primary weapon (any Riffle or any Shotgun), 1 secondary (pistols), Hit Y to switch between, No stopping power on guns, that visor thing that no one used other than to see through Smoke grenades on D-Pad, Ink doesnt stun, Flame grenades got buff, Smokes are thicker, Grenades have less radius, NO TAGGING WALLS, Boomshot splash damage tweeked, Sawed off has 2 shots (LOL), Armor customization along with weapons, Red vs Blue: RIP shirtless locusts :'(

New Stuff
  • No down but not out, you straight fall over and die Call of duty style
  • LB to toss grenades, they stick if you hit someone, Halo Style
  • Loot chests for doing good in Multiplayer that unlocks things for your character, Diablo-Masseffect style
  • Vertical maps and jumping/falling through ledges/windows, Paul Walker style
  • PERMANENT double xp for season pass buyers, EA style
  • Free for all mode for the first time in Gears
  • Execution is still there, free dlc, sponsored by a titty magazine

2afZM8k.png

- Free for all: everyone shoots everyone
- Team Deathmatch: shoot the other team
- Execution: Round based, 1 spawn per round, shoot the other team to win the round

New Stuff:

- Domination: Replaces king of the hill, 3 hills instead of 1, hold more and hold them longer while shooting the other team
- Surival: Replaces Horde. 10 longer, more difficult rounds instead of 50 rounds of ZzZzZzZ.
- Overrun: The mode they are pimping the most. COG vs Locust in class based, round based attack and defense. While COGS have classes like Engineer, Medic, Soldier, Scout, Locusts have different tiers of Creatures with different abilities. Public demo of this on live at launch.

RP6ZrbK.png

lol theres like 4 maps

laugh1v6b10rssh.gif

Gondola, Island, Streets, Library, Skyline, Junkyard. 2 more as free DLC sponsored by the titty magazine

veOisvL.png

All new copies come with digital download code for Gears 1, Preorder gets you Gears 1 hammerburst.

Gamestop - Early multiplayer demo that carries over to retail and Young Marcus
Microsoft Store - 1600 MS points and Alex Brand (new chick from comics or something)
Amazon - Young Dom
Bestbuy - Anya (Marcus' slam piece that no one cared about in gears 3 because Dom before hoes)
Walmart - Any 1 of the previous gears games

TL;DR - MS store gives you 20$, Gamestop gives you early multiplayer. rest are dumb

JI9veSZ.png

http://www.amazon.com/s/url=search-... of war turbo controller&tag=viglink129408-20

CiBsIU2.jpg

reviews1njsr.png

tumblr_mi2gs0vw5o1qmb0es1a.gif

tugqbkr.png

Journey that started in 2006, ends in 2013. We in the gears community get angry only because we care, but thank you for this franchise that defined the 360's identity Cliff. See you on the flipside.

HX2hU7A.jpg

Also PXG for letting me use some of his art (dont be angry at the game bro, it might be good, i hope), and SpacLock for being lazy and doing nothing

PR DUMP-

Launch trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R9Jof28jANY
AWFUL Commercial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCbQ_3yVVBM
More Videos, gameplay, trailers -http://forums.epicgames.com/threads...dated-3-4-13-We-re-Gold!-11-days-and-counting

jbug617

Banned
The show they did on the 360 brought this game back to my attention. I planned to skip it but I will probably pick it up after the first price drop.

Amir0x

Banned
what the SHIT at this coming out now!

How the heck did a Gears of War game fly under my radar @_o

by the way, your review section is BRILLIANT.

No info on the dynamic spawns in campaign? The fact that I haven't seen the topic explored much makes me worry that its not all that dynamic.

I'm in though, because they are trying some new things here and it looks great. Some of us don't play Gears for the roady-run-attach-to-cover-mantle-roll-roll-shotgun-shotgun-pray action.

You can have OT's 11 days before the game??

Too early.

Anyways, surprised how good graphically the occasional youtubes I catch of this look. Other than that I guess I'll stay mostly on media blackout *shrug*

Getting this as a gift later this month. It doesn't look as puke inducing as GAF would have you believe. I'm decently excited about it.

The pre-release show with Major Nelson gave me some confidence in the title.

Lunchbox

Banned
You can have OT's 11 days before the game??

Too early.

Anyways, surprised how good graphically the occasional youtubes I catch of this look. Other than that I guess I'll stay mostly on media blackout *shrug*

the early access multiplayer comes out next firday, asked a mod if it was ok

whitehawk

Banned
Oh man, wasn't expecting one of these types of OT's.

This will be the first Gears of War game that I'm not buying at launch however. The multiplayer changes are what concern me. No DBNO, quick weapon changes, quick grenade throws and jumping off high ledges/roofs are all things I hate. What I love about the first Gears was the slow gameplay. In any other shooter I've played, once you see an enemy within medium range, one of you dies in about 2-3 seconds. However gears slowed it down. You could see an enemy not far from you, and the battle could take 5 seconds, or up to a minute. Slower movement, DBNO, lots of health, lots of cover, some restrictions on movement (no jumping, jumping off roofs) all attributed to this type of gameplay. Gears 2 and 3 strayed away from this a bit, but Judgement goes too far in my eyes.

I am posting in one of the greatest OTs ever made.

Feed me some chicken after midnight, and I'll tell the masses it's even better than that.

It's just a comedy OP, they're entertaining in its own right. It's vidyagames, we should have some fun with it sometimes right? :)
It sets the tone though. This'll be a troll thread with a dab of butt-hurt for a while.

And fuckin-A this is not a series that lives or dies purely on its multiplayer.

Amir0x

Banned
It sets the tone though. This'll be a troll thread with a dab of butt-hurt for a while.

And fuckin-A this is not a series that lives or dies purely on its multiplayer.

I don't even play this series multiplayer anymore (except the monster wave ones), because to me it just devolves into Shotgun world, and I don't really find that entertaining.

But I do play single player co-op. Fun for one go at least on Hardcore.

Re: Setting the tone, I guess I just thought the tone it was setting was goofy fun. Reviews don't matter, thread highlights that. Other than that, I don't think it'll be a troll thread. The mods here tend to be pretty good :p

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Buying this day one, since I love Gears and Baird is one of my favorite characters, but I've got to say that Cole is looking a lot, uh whiter in that screenshot than I remember him appearing in the first three games. Using a phone to view the thread though, so hopefully its just my phone doing something weird.

Augustus-Cole-figure-Gears-of-War.jpg

Edit: unless that's not Cole? Sort of looks like him though, unless it's a young Marcus.

Grisby

I'm down. I think.

I'm debating holding off on Infinite for a bit to get some time outta Gears. Looking forward to seeing what PCF has done with it.

Those 4 maps can suck it though.

RoKKeR

Reading through the multiplayer changes just made me laugh. How pathetic. This is really still a Gears game?

I'm actually interested in the campaign, but I feel this game will bomba.

Top Bottom