• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

nel e nel

They had some Microsoft-side server issues last week that prevented them from updating the special event. They fixed it, and updated the special event in the middle of the week. I got my ribbon on Wednesday.

Makes me wish they had weekly declassified mission mutators for the campaign.

Anything that adds dynamism to the campaign is a great thing in my book, and I'd probably still be playing it if there was something along those lines.

malfcn

After a few weeks without the event changing, now the event for 2 weeks hasn't given medals. C'mon guys, you have to support your game.

at this point I would just settle for the achievement to pop next time we start up the game. it's really the only reason i put the disc in anymore.

I rented this back in July from Gamefly and beat both campaigns in normal mode. Finally got it for $15 from Gamefly. I really love this game and think that the entire series is really underrated... Time to farm all the achievements :D I guess I'm gonna do all the declassified mission ach via casual mode first.

malfcn

The support for this title is not helping a future title. They can't even update the events. It has been 2 weeks and not a peep.

Kabuto

I found out from watching a guy play Gears of War 3 on Twitch that the Ink Stun is GONE in that game.

Also:

♠HITMAN AGNT47♠ ‏@MADFERNY

@PeteNub Well removing the stun from the ink was a success. What say try taking stopping power & actives out?! 👍

‏
Peter Knepley ‏@PeteNub

@MADFERNY sounds good to me

I might renew Xbox Live if they really do update Gears 3

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I feel like Judgment was the weakest. I feel like the design talent done by Epic was extremely hard to beat. The first Gears of War was extremely satisfying and the sequel and the third game were extremely very well made. I was very late getting to Gears of War Judgment, picking it up a couple weeks ago, so I felt absolutely crushed by its effort to topple the 3 titans that are Gears 1-3. It feels like I'm out of the loop to be honest. I have put in a couple hours into the campaign and I feel like it does a few things right, but the characters feel like they're trapped in a prequel. Does that make sense? I didn't pick it up when it came out because it seemed like it was far away from the spirit of Gears. It felt tough, but I was already expecting what the game was developing to become.

I recently got something I've been wanting to get lately and that was a signature from Cliff Bleszinksi. I found one and was going to post it in a GoW appreciation thread, but there is non period outside an OP clarifying certain disclaimers. It's sad the series went silent for now. I'd rather post it here than start an actual thread for a game that's well over a year from possibly coming out.

This is a time piece for me. It is something I will hold onto and remember for the years to come.
photo_2.jpg

I love having both signatures. I was shocked to get Rod Fergusson's signature too! I hope the heritage of the franchise lives on and Black Tusk Studios captures the wonderful times we had and still do to this day with the franchise. Gears of War was one of the best franchises to come out during the previous console generation.

Top Bottom