• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Win 10 |OT| Down But Not Out

Sajjaja

Not that I know of, but I can tell you pc players only play social tdm. You can't find any other game mode online and it sucks so bad. I personally can't stand social tdm.
I've actually going social king of the hill and social war zone a few times. Had no luck with blitz.

mcrommert

Banned
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the reason for no cross platform multiplayer is a current limit on the platform...once that comes i'll pick this up. The player numbers are going to be garbage for the foreseeable future until that happens

Not that I know of, but I can tell you pc players only play social tdm. You can't find any other game mode online and it sucks so bad. I personally can't stand social tdm.

I was able to get into Execution matches last night actually. It was mostly against coordinated teams that seemed like they just hopped off of GoW 3 and were playing a bunch of randoms that just picked up the game. Still had fun though.

Still trying to remember all the weapon placements and figure out if I should be using the keyboard and mouse or a controller.

I've actually going social king of the hill and social war zone a few times. Had no luck with blitz.

I was able to get into Execution matches last night actually. It was mostly against coordinated teams that seemed like they just hopped off of GoW 3 and were playing a bunch of randoms that just picked up the game. Still had fun though.

Still trying to remember all the weapon placements and figure out if I should be using the keyboard and mouse or a controller.

Yeah I tried multiple times and let it search for like 30 mins with no luck, only social tdm I could find. The last time I played gears was the original on 360 and I was pretty good back in the day. I don't remember some of these maps though, must of been dlc or something. Starting to get use to mouse and keyboard a bit, you are gonna have an advantage over controller in the end, so I would stick with that if I were you.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the reason for no cross platform multiplayer is a current limit on the platform...once that comes i'll pick this up. The player numbers are going to be garbage for the foreseeable future until that happens

i dont think theyll do cross platform due to M&KB vs Controllers. It wouldn't be fair, really.

mcrommert

Banned
Do any fps games have cross play? I woukd think the mouse and keyboard is too big of an afvantage to make that viable.

The rumor for some upcoming games is that ranked will be separated and there will be a toggle for social if you want to play with same control type

Honestly for gears...i doubt mouse is much of an advantage

Carlius

Banned
The rumor for some upcoming games is that ranked will be separated and there will be a toggle for social if you want to play with same control type

Honestly for gears...i doubt mouse is much of an advantage

it is...turning on a pad is just too slow...a good gaming mouse def has an advantage. much quicker response too.

SliChillax

Game has no sound for me today. Was playing last night perfectly fine, booted up the game today and no sound. Speakers work, everything works I get sound everywhere but in the game. Volume is max in the options, tried full screen or windowed, nothing. Anyone have any tips?

dLMN8R

What happened to updating apps separately from the OS? It's embarrassing that we need Update ver 15xxxxxx just to get a game.

All these years beta testing our ass on Win Phone and you guys learned nothing.

I know I am being harsh but you can't just half bake every goddamn new announcement.

There are a number of reasons why 1511 is a minimum requirement. I won't go into them here. But the expectation is that since updates are automatic, everyone would have 1511 by now. For the overwhelming majority of people, that's proven to be the case.

There is a small group of people who don't have 1511 yet, and most are for the two reasons I described above (Defer Upgrades and the 30-day limit). The 30-day limit doesn't apply anymore for the most part since 1511 has been out for well over 30 days, and anyone just upgrading to Windows 10 since 1511 released, will get 1511 automatically instead of RTM.

The rest, well, that's what I'm trying to help diagnose.

drGonz0o

Neo Member
I don't know how is the connection on Xbox One, put for me on PC is like original Gears of War on 360. It's so inconsistent, I doubt that the game runs on servers, it feels like P2P.

Another thing, I tried to search for 2v2 gnasher playlist today, gave up after 15 minutes of searching and just played TDM. There's probably around 100 people playing this game right now.

Lingitiz

The MP population is insanely low. Unsurprising since I doubt most people even know the game is for sale.

I feel like this was sent out to die. It's impossible to find a match on anything other than TDM.

psp12345

Game has no sound for me today. Was playing last night perfectly fine, booted up the game today and no sound. Speakers work, everything works I get sound everywhere but in the game. Volume is max in the options, tried full screen or windowed, nothing. Anyone have any tips?

That has happened for me too. Rebooting my computer solved it.

Lingitiz

Have you guys been using KB/M or controller online? Having a hard time getting used to the movement on KB/M after so many years of Gears on Xbox.

Have you guys been using KB/M or controller online? Having a hard time getting used to the movement on KB/M after so many years of Gears on Xbox.

Same here, still trying to get the hang of it. It's been quite a few years since I have played Gears 3 though so i feel just as bad with the controller.

Hahaha. Yeaaaaaaah, I'm getting wrecked using a controller. I tried to justify using it; because analog sticks are better for movement, and movement is such an important part of actively avoiding damage in this game, but....

Seems with KB/M you have better control over your wall bounce angles, your aiming, you can slide into cover and turn 180 before you even hit the wall. There's a whole other 'feel' to the game, and it's on another level. I spent some time in a private match last night trying to get used to it, and man I'm just fumbling around like crazy. I'll try it again later, but it's tough to adapt for me.

Seems most people are using KB/M. No matter how much I bounce around, people seem to track me significantly better than they would on a console gears.

Afro

cross-post
24857762823_8f280704b0_b.jpg
BIGGER

Idk, I think it runs okay. I'm averaging about 50FPS at 4K maxed settings with my 4790k/980 Ti setup. Some drops into the 30s, highs in the 80s.

Looks fantastic at times as well.

Momentary

Banned
VSYNC seems busted for me in the game. I turned off the frame lock and it made things better, but it's still giving me issues. I'm running on a GTX 980m. Anyone having similar issues?

Good god id forgotten what a load of absolute trash the MP is in this. I used to love it back in the day but its just the most infuriating thing to play now. Never again.
SP is good tho, downloaded, installed and running without any issues here.

Ulysses 31

Anyone else on Windows 10 Pro and unable to launch the game? Store says to do a windows update but I'm all up to date. 0o

Bossniak

Are they showing up on your account, but not showing the notification? If so, you need to clear the action center because they stop showing up if it is full.

No the achievements aren't showing unlocked on my account. When I look at the Xbox app it shows all achievement locked even tho I already unlocked some.

I'm sure it'll be up soon.

Anyone up for some Blitz later? (NA server, 8-12pm EST)
...like 3 hrs from this post?

I has a TeamSpeak server we can use. If you want to get some games going, just add me on the XBL app: Busta SMurk

The update just showed up for me and was 97MB.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...ix/5dc281ac-1975-4fb9-ac4b-3d8824107317/posts
Multiplayer Notice
If you are intending to play Multiplayer, we strongly suggest you download this update now. Playing without this update may result in extended wait times or an inability to find a match in multiplayer. Please go to the Windows Store, then select Downloads & Updates to begin the process.

A new update has been released for Ultimate Edition For Windows 10 that addresses the visual issues with AMD graphics cards and the Ambient Occlusion setting. If you disabled this setting, you can turn it back on following these steps:

To turn ON Ambient Occlusion:
- Launch Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10
- From the Main Menu, go to Settings
- Select Video and set Ambient Occlusion to ON

Additional Note on AMD Performance
AMD is an important partner bringing the promise of DirectX 12 to life for gamers everywhere. We are working closely with them to address a few issues encountered in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 on AMD cards using GCN 1.1/GCN 1.2, and expect they will be addressed quickly in an upcoming update. We highly recommend those on GCN 1.1/1.2 cards to play on 1920x1080 resolutions or lower until the update. Please visit AMD support pages for the latest on AMD drivers and software.

Afro

Gears PvP is glorious at 144hz w/ G-sync. There are no words. There's nothing like it.

edit: g-sync bug will need to be fixed via Nvidia drivers, right? annoying.

Top Bottom