• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

headerippus.png

detailslop3f.png

versionsoyqbk.png

newfeatureshiqim.png

campaignpmqqr.png

multiplayerklp2s.png

maps0zpbp.jpg

gifsztplu.png

otherw6ogu.png

videosuyo34.png

FAQ said:
How much Gamerscore does it have?

It has 56 achievements with 1250 gamerscore! List here

What do I have to do to be eligible for early access to the Gears of War 4 beta?

Login to Xbox Live and play it by 1st March 2016

What do I have to do in order to get Gears of War 1/2/3/Judgment digital copies for free?

Purchase and play the game before 31st December 2015

What if I already have the digital version of the games that were on Games With Gold? Or I bought them digitally? Also when can I play them on Xbox One?

Good for you! Everyone else gets them too so we can all play through the entire series again on Xbox One. Gears of War 1 is being tested by preview members, the games will launch for everyone when backwards compatibility rolls out in November.

Are the PC and Xbox One versions cross-buy/play? Does it include the Gears of War 4 beta and copies of Gears 1/2/3/Judgment on PC?

PC version is due out later in Holiday 2015 but does not support cross-play, whether it is cross-buy is unclear (it originally said it was on the official announcement but that has since been changed)

As it stands, Gears of War 4 has not been announced for PC so no beta is included.

Gears 2/3/Judgment are not available on PC so they are not included with the PC version (neither is the original PC version of Gears 1).

Have Microsoft/The Coalition been pesky and limited the frame-rate and resolution options of Gears of War Ultimate Edition on PC? Is it Windows 10 only?

It supports up to 4k resolution with frame-rate unlocking as well as keyboard/mouse and controller options (Source). The game is exclusive to Windows 10 on PC though due to utilising DX12

Will I be able to buy the PC Version on Steam?

Officially unconfirmed at this stage (to my knowledge) but Microsoft have said they will be supporting Steam “aggressively”, so how the game will link together for cross-buy and with the Windows Store and Steam its unclear as yet.

The Coalition and ESL announced an eSports league for Gears of War didn't they?

Sure did! Details here, please note its for North America only

There is a ton of pre-order bonuses etc and it hard to keep track, do you have a list?

I sure do!

Reviews thread
Metacritic: 82

Thanks to Mr Xbob who helps me with the creation of the OT, I hope y'all like it. Gears is back baby.

latest

Nearly a decade old-very much looking forward to re-emergence day tomorrow :D had a TON of fun in the MP beta (something I mostly ignored upon initial release) looks great-

bumpkin

I can't count how many times I played through the original release both solo and co-op with friends, but I can't wait to dive right in and do it all again. GOW was the start of "next gen" for me on the 360. While it's not necessarily the same for me on XB1, I'm psyched as hell nevertheless.

"Look at all 'dat, juice!"

U2NUMB

This will be my first time playing Gears. So excited, I can't wait for Friday. I wish it was a worldwide release :(

Oh man you are in for a treat... Gears 1 is fantastic, 2 and 3 are also VERY good.. if you have a best bud to play through it with do that. Some of the best co-op ever.

Nice OT Steverulez !

Can't wait to get back for more Gears !!!

Will get the regular edition as the ultimate edition has skin only which i don't care about much.

c0de

“Nur noch Fetzen“
It's sad that the game is still forbidden in Germany so xbone users have to import the game.

Mr.Fresh

Damn I want this... Gears was the first "Next Gen" game we played at the time. Should I get this bundle or wait for a better deal?

I'm interested, but I'm really not a fan of the aesthetic changes. Should have kept the color tone of the original, imo.

Same here. This may sound backwards, but the MP maps are best viewed in isolation and not in comparison. The old maps were far more moodier and stylistic. As much as I prefer the look of the older maps from an artistic perspective, I think the new maps will play a bit better because they are not as washed out and dark. Some of the locust variants blended into the environments too easily.

EDIT:
Forgot to say, but NICE OT man. Very pleasing to the eye.

leeh

I'm interested, but I'm really not a fan of the aesthetic changes. Should have kept the color tone of the original, imo.
This game was at the forefront of the brown joke. You can't win.

Nice OT :) Can't wait to set my Xbox to US tomorrow to get on the COLE TRAIN.

Hixx

The Steverulez Brand is growing nicely

Don't forget your old pal Hixx when you make it, yeah?
phRbX43.png

Time to see if it has unlocked in Hong Kong.

Madness

Solid OT. Can't wait to play. The original Gears was one of the best mp games I'd ever played. Played almost every day for a long time. I hope I still have the skills.

sprinkles

For some reason (must have been the typical MS PR "we totally support PC from now on") I thought this releases same day on PC. Ah well..

Duxxy3

Gonna pick this up on PC when it comes out, but the lack of bonuses kind of sucks (no BC games or beta access).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Mine should have unlocked in the past few minutes. Great OT.

Edit: Yes its unlocked. Woo.

Someone convince me to buy this. As much as I loved Gears 1 when it first released, I just can't get excited about this remaster.

I can't help but think meh on this remaster since I played the beta. I have nothing postiive to say about the multplayer. It's just not what I wanted from a gears remaster.

Same. I really didn't love the beta. The gameplay felt a little stale to me.

Lothars

I can't help but think meh on this remaster since I played the beta. I have nothing postiive to say about the multplayer. It's just not what I wanted from a gears remaster.

randomwab

Wait, this doesn't unlock until Friday for the UK? Why! I bought it yesterday thinking it unlocked tomorrow and I could blast through it before Until Dawn on Friday and Metal Gear next week. What have I done... :(

Wait, this doesn't unlock until Friday for the UK? Why! I bought it yesterday thinking it unlocked tomorrow and I could blast through it before Until Dawn on Friday and Metal Gear next week. What have I done... :(

Go on Xbox support, get a refund and then re-buy it from one of the other stores

MaxiLive

Whoa Steverulez and Mr Xbob that is some classic Gameplay forum go'ers. Great OT.

I'll wait for the PC version of this and might jump back in but without the other games the entrance price is a little high for me!

Great OT! It's going to be nice to finally play Gears 1 without getting exclusively stomped by the folk still playing it 9 years later.

Bessy67

Pretty excited for this. The only thing that I'm bummed about is that there's no horde mode but at least gears 3 will be BC soon.

Top Bottom