• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition out now on Windows 10

Banned
NVIDIA will have a driver update in the near future that will address the G-Sync issue.
Will it fix the gsync issue in ROTR as well? Or are these windows 10 Xbox games going to need to be fixed on a game by game basis? At least let me disable vsync so I can enable gsync.

JebaćBiedę;197213375 said:
Ukrainian trick doesn't work anymore. I bought TR that way but no luck with this.

I just changed my region to Russia and my Russian credit showed up (Its 999 Rubles which is about £10), just buy the credit the way its done for XB1 and get it that way.

So it's DX12's fault? This whole this is such a headache.

At the moment, yes. But the implementation of Vsync as per DX12, currently, is targetted to never have Vsync really off.

A mod very nicely changed the title to that thread. Someone should bump it IMO regarding the limitations in the current Gears win10 release.

Microsoft's DX12 plans to limit standard PC user control options (PcPer)

I am curious, how does Vsync off work in the current Gears release? Does it work at all? Probably not.

Lister

Banned
So for a newbie, what's in this package exactly? How good is the game? Never played Gears.

Would you recommend it to a PC gamer?

Sydle

No cross buy? WTF

I do not like how they keep talking about Windows as a unified platform and release games as of they are on different platforms.

I'm not buying this again.

How is a driver from Nvidia going to make G-sync work with this?

Isn't the issue that Windows Store apps are V-sync locked? Unless the Nvidia patch addresses THAT, I don't see how the issue is on their end.

Unless you mean by fix, the patch will allow G-sync to simply turn itself off when the game runs, which isn't a fix. A fix is making G-sync WORK with the game.

I love how Microsoft's regional stores work.
They added my region's currency (argentine pesos) but didn't add local credit card support or paypal. They they try to charge me the equivalent of 46 dollars for something that costs $30 in the US.

Yeah, I think you can keep your Gears, Microsoft.

Jawmuncher

Crossplay and shooters dont work.

Just make it an option then like it is in SFV. Don't force everyone to have to play, but don't completely get rid of it. The MP community for Gears is gonna be barren if it's anything like Gears 1 on PC was originally.

This is one of my favorite MP shooters ever, by far! But it's of course a Universal App isn't it? It's not releasing anywhere but the Windows store? I REALLY want to play this again but not through GFWL 2.0

G-Sync™ is not supported by Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10. Running the Game with G-Sync™ enabled will cause significant performance issues. If you are using a G-Sync™ enabled monitor, you should disable it from the NVIDIA Control Panel. Alternatively, you can set Lock Framerate to OFF in the Video settings. Please visit NVIDIA support pages for the latest on NVIDIA drivers and software.

Ugh.... Count me out.

Wait is that for real. It does not support G-Sync?

I'm already soured on this. Purchased the game but cannot download it. I got better things to do and if they won't let me download it soon I'm just going to refund it and not bother with the Windows Store going forward.

So much potential but of course they can't do their part.

Shari

No G-Sync = no buy. Sorry Coalition.

Also the cross play issue, while I understand the reasons, considering this is an old remastered game and already population wont be huge, not doing crossplay will have community dead in a couple of weeks.

Luq

So for a newbie, what's in this package exactly? How good is the game? Never played Gears.

Would you recommend it to a PC gamer?

If you NEVER played any Gears, go grab it. It's still one of the best 3rd person shooter ever made, now with simply better graphics for PC.

It works perfectly fine with slower paced games like Gears. Worked beautifully w/ Blacklist SvM. Obviously doesn't work with CS: GO, TF2, twitch shooters, etc.

I've seen some insane footage of the games that say otherwise. Even if those particular videos were on the extreme end of the skill scale, there are still varying degrees below that would benefit from mouse input.

I just changed my region to Russia and my Russian credit showed up (Its 999 Rubles which is about £10), just buy the credit the way its done for XB1 and get it that way.

Could you elaborate this a little bit more, since I'm looking to buy it that way, do you just buy some store credits, and then change the region of the store?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. Windows 10 only? How long until that can be bypassed 😿

Except Windows 10 is worth it. Update.

Complain about them making it Windows Walled Garden Store only, that's a more legit complaint.

jediyoshi

....clearly? So its the ultimate edition. Improved textures/lighting, 1080p and 60fps. Other than that it's still an old game that should be crushed by modern PC hardware.

"Other than the exact things that would graphically tax a system, it shouldn't be any more demanding"

GAF

They've got about 15 minutes to let me download the game before I refund it.

I'm actually extremely disappointed because I love Gears but at this point I am just more than annoyed.

I can take the lack of G-sync support (however hilarious it is that it doesn't support it) but add in no things like not being able to specify download location, Windows Store only (which also means it'll have a smaller playerbase) and Vsync issues... yeah I'm starting to not feel it.

Lingitiz

They've got about 15 minutes to let me download the game before I refund it.

I'm actually extremely disappointed because I love Gears but at this point I am just more than annoyed.

I can take the lack of G-sync support (however hilarious it is that it doesn't support it) but add in no things like not being able to specify download location, Windows Store only (which also means it'll have a smaller playerbase) and Vsync issues... yeah I'm starting to not feel it.

You can go into the W10 settings - storage - and specific where to DL windows apps. Can't add a specific location though I think, just hard drive.

Top Bottom