• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears POP! Exclusive First Look Gameplay and Dev Diary.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Rod Fergusson (Studio Head, The Coalition) and Tyler Bielman (Lead Game Designer) give an update on everything

Gears POP! including the first look at gameplay. Gears POP! is where Funko POP! characters come to life to face each other in fun fast-paced explosive real-time multiplayer battles in the blockbuster Gears universe - for the first time ever on mobile.

pr0cs

I love gears and the universe but agreed, I don't like Funkos junk. The preview wasn't very good either.. Seemed too chaotic with little strategy and zoomed out seemed to hurt the character identification.
Was hoping more of a turned based strategy instead

alienator

One of these games where a board of gamedesigners and ceo's meet with shareholders and ask themself: what can we create ... to give our biggest fans of gears of war ... a game they want to play.

And then somebody yells: a mobile game we can stuff with microtransactions and such!

Pallas

One of these games where a board of gamedesigners and ceo's meet with shareholders and ask themself: what can we create ... to give our biggest fans of gears of war ... a game they want to play.

And then somebody yells: a mobile game we can stuff with microtransactions and such!

Lol they are already making Gears 5 and a tactical game, they also want to get in on the mobile train. Can’t blame them. Be thankful they aren’t Blizzard-Activision and making it a priority of that IP.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Kvally

Banned

Rod Fergusson (Studio Head, The Coalition) and Tyler Bielman (Lead Game Designer) give an update on everything

Gears POP! including the first look at gameplay. Gears POP! is where Funko POP! characters come to life to face each other in fun fast-paced explosive real-time multiplayer battles in the blockbuster Gears universe - for the first time ever on mobile.

Thank you. I will check it out because it’s Gears, but I am sure I will delete it the same day.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
- can we make a phone game?
- hold my chainsaw gun
- (Gears for a phone? Holy shit)
*few months later*
- we make an arange with Funko
- it's Gears?
- yeah, baby
*shows it*
- ...ok

Elenchus

Banned
They’re releasing Gears 5 so they’re immune to criticism on this stuff. Doesn’t really matter. Play if you like. Skip if you like. 🤷‍♂️

Three

I don't think that was the agenda of that meeting to be honest. The CEOs met and thought "how could we attract a child audience to our 18+ franchise like COD does and make them future gears players. Lets make a cute mobile game"

Last edited:

Filben

Who honestly buys that shit?
Those kind of parents who try to do their kids a favor, get advice from an "expert" at the store, look the back cover and think how "cute" or "cool" everything looks and the description reads. "Here son, I know you wanted F1 World Grand Prix II, but I bought you GT64 instead. It's also a racing game!" "Yeah, thanks... dad."

baphomet

Cool, combining 2 completely dead things into 1 doa thing.

Edit- I guess I should clarify a bit. POP and POP collectors are the lamest shit on the planet. I wouldn't play this game just because of the association.

Gears is well past it's prime, but I'd play Gears 5 for some dumb fun.

Last edited:

McCheese

It's pretty good fun, there is a neogaf clan if you want company.

The sniper unit seems a bit overpowered, but enjoying the game so far. It's very pay to win, but the matchmaking does a good job of playing you against folks with equal stats.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I had quite a bit of fun with Clash Royale until I had the paywall barrier. I'll definitely check this out until I hit the pay wall again.

There's a chance that this game will make a ton of money if it takes off like Clash Royale did.

Pantz

Gold Member
I've lost HARD to every girl playing this. They really do know their mobile games

I've literally lost to like 29/30 female avatar players. The one win had a guys gamertag so it was probably a dude afterall.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I had quite a bit of fun with Clash Royale until I had the paywall barrier. I'll definitely check this out until I hit the pay wall again.

There's a chance that this game will make a ton of money if it takes off like Clash Royale did.
Over 500K downloads and counting thus far... Ratings are 4 star too.

Top Bottom