• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
With today's hints/announcements, we can make out four potential PSX announcements

- New David Jaffe Project

- New Capcom Project

- New Square Project

- Guarini/Suda Project

David's is confirmed at this point. But now Capcom, Square, and Suda all seem likely. Suda, Ono (Capcom), and Hashimoto (Square) were all in Sony's initial PSX teaser, but none of them appear on any panels. Which could hint toward their presence being related to the keynote.

wmlk

jb0XhCChuD0TdG.PNG

ArcTheLadAnime.jpg

There we go :)

Arc the Lad, this is from the anime by the way.

EDIT: This is probably wrong lol

Apathy

Wonder how many people in the know and executives laugh when looking at threads like this where we analyze blurry pictures with crazy theories but they know they did it just to see how crazy we could get.

Oh well, back to speculating wildly. That skull, totally MediEvil

Wonder how many people in the know and executives laugh when looking at threads like this where we analyze blurry pictures with crazy theories but they know they did it just to see how crazy we could get.

Oh well, back to speculating wildly. That skull, totally MediEvil

Shawn layden and Adam boyes are probably reading this right now!

With today's hints/announcements, we can make out four potential PSX announcements

- New David Jaffe Project

- New Capcom Project

- New Square Project

- Guarini/Suda Project

David's is confirmed at this point. But now Capcom, Square, and Suda all seem likely. Suda, Ono (Capcom), and Hashimoto (Square) were all in Sony's initial PSX teaser, but none of them appear on any panels. Which could hint toward their presence being related to the keynote.

When's the keynote? It's the first thing of the event?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm going to start compiling info. I feel we're going to be getting a lot of teases between non and then.

The three events to pay attention to in December are the Japanese Playstation Awards on December 3rd, The Game Awards on Dec 5th, Playstation Experience from Dec 6-7, and Jump Festa from Dec 20-21st I believe.

Capcom Game:
First hinted by a listing on Ono's LinkedIn it was originally listed as PS4 only, but has since been made TBD. This could mean that it's moved to multiplat, or just that they don't want to announce that its a PS4 exclusive yet. This may be supported by his meetings with SCEA. Capcom announced they have a major announcement coming soon that will "even turn heads overseas", so there is a strong chance it this game, and that it will be revealed at PS Experience or the Game Awards.

Square Enix JRPG:
They recently teased a new RPG to be announced in December. This could be anywhere.

Guerilla's Horizon:
Guerilla is known to be working on a new IP involving Dino robots. They're going to be here and probably not showing Killzone, so this may be what's shown.

Bend's New Game:
The rumor mill (mostly Shinobi) has told us that the game isn't Syphon Filter or Kill Strain, and will be out in 2015 IIRC. Can't seem to find exactly where he said that though so I may be remembering wrong. If it is in fact a 2015 title, there is a pretty high chance they'll reveal it soon, so PS Exp makes the most sense.

Uncharted 4:
We were told that we would be seeing more of Uncharted 4 very soon and the banner for PS Exp has Uncharted 4 front and center.

Hype:
It's being called "unprecedented" and that they're going to show "a bunch of stuff that maybe we shouldn't show you yet". We also don't know what many studios such as SSM, Sucker Punch, Quantic Dream, or Media Molecule are working on, as well as there being rumors of an exclusive JRPG in the works. GET HYPED!!!

Tell me if I'm missing anything.
Great summary here, I am hyped.

I'm excited for this and Jaffe's game. Sony is playing their cards right and revealing them while they withhold information until E3.

Please don't hate me for this, but in the sharpened image of the blurry drawing, I *kind of* see Frog, with perhaps the Masamune off to the side.

Zukkoyaki

This kind of reminds me of the "five beeps = five megatons" teaser vid back before E3. Good times! Though this is an official teaser from Sony...

Halabane

if ono is doing something with an unannounced game (as his linked in shows) a monster hunter game on ps4 and vita... becomes more possible.

Danlord

Please don't hate me for this, but in the sharpened image of the blurry drawing, I *kind of* see Frog, with perhaps the Masamune off to the side.
One can only dream... but the Square Enix thing probably something new.. Hopefully.

then
Hm

Im out before I say anything more!

Noting deranged_666 noting the frog and Masamune, has me thinking.

Sony dropped hints with Vib Ribbon with the T-shirts and the name drops, then they did the re-release, and has me thinking about the PS4 Firmware 2.00 update named Masamune could also be a hint in some way. It's not as subtle and definitely not a minor thing, especially naming an important, large firmware update after it but just a thought and could be linked to being a new Chrono Trigger for PS4 and/or Vita.

KoopaTheCasual

Well... that's something, alright.

Doesn't look as drab and uninspired as "Let It Die", so it seems like a new thing. Hopefully this is actually a full game, and not some bullshit F2P scheme, again.
Guys, we are getting a game where you ride a phoenix dog who must defeat aliens using dino robots. There will be ninjas as well.
...Wut? Is this about GG's game? (which I will reiterate, will very likely not show up at the December event, since it's targeting 2016)

When did we learn that tidbit?

Come on.
That seriously sucks :<

No. What sucks is when I tell you and the event comes around and you aren't surprised! :)

aw what the hell. Whenever I say I'm out, I always come back and stalk this thread.Therefore, I'll be stalking this thread, and maybe you will get a post from me here and there. One thing though is that those who are always looking at this thread may be in for a treat whenever I post in the thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom