• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
bwpAYJL.png

From the shape of the leaves, I'd say that's a passion flower sprout. In-game romance confirmed?

Anyone else predicting leaks within the next few days?

No I get the sense that this will be a leak free event. At least it seems people on these boards (myself included) respect it enough not to spoil things. It's the 20th Anniversary Event and Sony deserves to have a fantastic show.

I only wish I could be there to watch it go down live. Vegas style.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
emagon [e'magon]
perfect: ēdan
v. irreg. to have. 3s. pres. act. ind. ēza, 3pl. ēzi, imperfect emilen, emiles, etc.)

lol i tried, apparently the word is from

HBO's adaptation of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series, as well as Mr. Martin's use of fictitious languages in his books

in case anyone wants to look at it, its a start at something... emagon

koutoru

What game was released 20 years ago on PS 1???

U.S. launch games:

Battle Arena Toshinden
ESPN Extreme Games
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Power Serve 3D Tennis
The Raiden Project
Rayman
Ridge Racer
Street Fighter: The Movie
Total Eclipse Turbo

Salex_

I'm pretty sure this is about an old IP being brought back to life (Traveling to a specific location and a leaf grows from the ground).

The " Emagon --> (backwards) No Game" trailer name is most likely trying to let people know that the trailer itself isn't related to the game. "SCE presents" lets us know that whatever the secret game is they own the IP to. So....I think it's either one of their old IPs or they acquired an old IP.

Amused

Sounds like a bad plan calling Morpheus something that spells out No Game backwards, as that will probably be one of the main criticism Morpheus will see the first few years...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Wow, no one is trying to break down the word emagon? I looked it up and apparently is part of a made up language by George R.R. Martin.

Are we sure it's suppose to be read backwards, what if Emagon is actually for Game On? And the trailer itself is just hyping everything.

Playing Detective is fun.

Nimby

Banned
Their best kept secret is they've bought back the Crash IP without anyone noticing.

"You help advertise Destiny, we will give you a certain IP for free..." - Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Corp.

If only that was a possibility...

liquidtmd

Banned
U.S. launch games:

Battle Arena Toshinden
ESPN Extreme Games
Power Serve 3D Tennis
The Raiden Project
Rayman
Ridge Racer
Total Eclipse Turbo

Holy Shit Street Fighter The Movie The Game 2 confirmed!!!

Apathy

U.S. launch games:

Battle Arena Toshinden
ESPN Extreme Games
Power Serve 3D Tennis
The Raiden Project
Rayman
Ridge Racer
Total Eclipse Turbo

Didn't the US launch happen in 1995, the Japan launch was 1994?

H4r4kiri

Guy do you really think it is a Morpheus title ? Don't be fools. Did you look at the Graphics. The ground looked so real with all the woods and moose. For VR you have to render at full HD at least with 60fps. There is now way the Ps4 can do it. I don't even think a Modern PC can render such high Quality textures and Lighting and absolute no Aliasing with constant 60 fps.

The translation is a little bit off. Here's a more faithful one:

"20 years. It's a lot of time. Look around you and see everything you have achieved. You have reigned on infinite places, you have conquered and freed, you have built and destroyed. You have been the light before the darkness. However, this time is different. This time, it is real. For the first time your actions have real consequences. They need your help. I know you can hear them (Children laughter). The power to change things is in your hands. "

They're hyping this up. The way it all sounds to me is that they made a JRPG for Morpheus.

The budding sprout in the middle of the desert symbolizes the lack of games the PS4 has had for a year and that it will all suddenly change. Hence "NOGAME"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom