• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genderfield V: The saga continues

NickFire

EA decided to give in to the SJW agenda and their stock has tanked as a result. Who would have thought the core EA audience were those dreaded white males!
I don't think EA itself decided to "give in" to an agenda. I think EA was given false information (media driven) about how popular an agenda is from a consumer standpoint, and decided to capitalize every possible cent by allowing Dice to promote the agenda in hopes of selling more loot boxes to phantom consumers (who they were told constitute the majority of their potential audience). As someone else pointed out before me, EA does not buy into the leftist agenda. They are ruled by greed, greed, greed and more greed.

Mooreberg

The ... uhm... "special" depiction of WW2 in this game isn't even the problem.
The Anti-SJW brigade is getting all hung up on it, of course, but if it was just that, the game would do fine.

The game is:
- Unfinished
- A bad Battlefield game that tries to be a Call Of Duty game, and is at best mediocre at that (BF was always about the big scale, this one just isn't)
- Published by EA, and I do have a feeling that little by little, their rep is catching up with them, with even casuals taking notice
- Released with too many other, similar games to compete with

Dice can do good games, but EA pushes them to do one release per year. You cannot produce consistent quality like that.
Even AngryJoe just gives the game a 5/10, because it is so.... meh.
I agree, the game has much larger issues that EA should be concerned with. It reminds me of Star Wars - people disliking one or two side characters in YouTube videos is meaningless overall, but $300 million less in gross in one country followed by the first movie to lose a studio money in franchise history is a bad trend. It means you've lost a large chunk of the general audience that doesn't even care about peripheral culture war arguments. They're pushing out content faster than the audience is willing to keep up with (four Lucasfilm Star Wars films - 22 years, four Disney Star Wars films - 27 months).

Battlefield is getting stuck in a similar pattern - the studio is pumping games out at a fast rate because the property holder has zero reservations about milking brands into Oblivion. Look at how long people played BF2 vs BF3 or BF1. Medal of Honor fizzing out turned Battlefield into EA's ghost chaser to try to keep up with a Call of Duty franchise that has three distinct studios working on it.

Last edited:

NickFire

I agree, the game has much larger issues that EA should be concerned with. It reminds me of Star Wars - people disliking one or two side characters in YouTube videos is meaningless overall, but $300 million less in gross in one country followed by the first movie to lose a studio money in franchise history is a bad trend. It means you've lost a large chunk of the general audience that doesn't even care about peripheral culture war arguments. They're pushing out content faster than the audience is willing to keep up with (four Lucasfilm Star Wars films - 22 years, four Disney Star Wars films - 27 months).

Battlefield is getting stuck in a similar pattern - the studio is pumping games out at a fast rate because the property holder has zero reservations about milking brands into Oblivion. Look at how long people played BF2 vs BF3 or BF1. Medal of Honor fizzing out turned Battlefield into EA's ghost chaser to try to keep up with a Call of Duty franchise that has three distinct studios working on it.
That's one way to look at it I suppose. Another, and more logical way would be to actually take note of the common theme. And that theme is when a certain agenda is pushed on a particular crowd, the crowd takes issue, speaks up, and then reinforces its complaints with its collective wallet. People can say whatever they want about over saturation, but that excuse is nothing more than wishful thinking, as shown by the most over-saturated product out there, Disney's (fantastic) Marvel Universe movies.

McLovin

I bought bf1 and played like 2-3 matches online. It just didn’t click. I figured why buy another one if I didn't like the last one? Couldn’t care less about the controversies around it.

Mooreberg

That's one way to look at it I suppose. Another, and more logical way would be to actually take note of the common theme. And that theme is when a certain agenda is pushed on a particular crowd, the crowd takes issue, speaks up, and then reinforces its complaints with its collective wallet. People can say whatever they want about over saturation, but that excuse is nothing more than wishful thinking, as shown by the most over-saturated product out there, Disney's (fantastic) Marvel Universe movies.
I agree it was a multitude of factors and EA's bizzaro PR gaffes did the game no favors. But the Marvel movies help illustrate the point -milking that works for one brand doesn't necessarily work for another, even if they are owned by the same company. EA wants Battlefield customers to be ATM machines like FIFA customers. A 30% dip in sales (and that is generous vs what we know about UK sales numbers and Target price cuts) could be a 50% dip in revenue if the MTX whales stick to other games. I say this is the most damaging aspect because continual profits from a smaller batch of games has replaced any attempt at releasing a wide variety of interesting titles. Whatever you attribute the decline to, 2018 is/was a horrendously bad time to experience it.

Filben

Why were people 'outraged' (this must be this twitter-generation's favourite leisure activity) over female characters in the first place? As BF ever was a realistic history lesson. Especially when people spam the chat, don't do their fucking job they're supposed to do with their class, and revive teammates by handshakes. I don't see any problem with looking at a model and texture that resembles a female body and face.
the haircut told me everything i need to know
lol, funny thing is, I knew exactly what haircut you meant before even clicking on it.

Dunki

Why were people 'outraged' (this must be this twitter-generation's favourite leisure activity) over female characters in the first place? As BF ever was a realistic history lesson. Especially when people spam the chat, don't do their fucking job they're supposed to do with their class, and revive teammates by handshakes. I don't see any problem with looking at a model and texture that resembles a female body and face.

lol, funny thing is, I knew exactly what haircut you meant before even clicking on it.
this was never the reason why peoople were upset...

people get offended way too easy. It's a video game for crying out loud it's not a history book. They can do whatever they please it's their game. Either play it or don't.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Literally read the thread before you post. It has been explained multiple times.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Zero context in the OP. And I don't read the entire thread, and the "yikes" and "retarded" and what not.

You don't need to read the entire thread. Hell, just look back 1-3 pages and you will find repeated explanations. Normally people do some basic research before spouting disingenuous posts.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Actually yes. I'm a father with young kids so if I detect an agenda I drop it immediately. I studied literature for my bachelor's so I'm pretty good at detecting allegories and metaphors. If I detect an agenda I drop it. Simple as that.

Yea, that doesn't work that way bud. Anyone can have anything inside a game that unbeknownst to you is part of some other concept symbolically supporting some ideal. As how would you know based on something you didn't create?

Until they tell you, it might simply be assumed to be a normal story and game. Suddenly you reading minds now? LOL!

Raitoningu

Banned
So, if i start a new group rising from "oppression" to defend the right to have sex with my own socks, does it mean every game/movie/book have to include me???

After all the rest of the world have to know about that, right?

NickFire

So, if i start a new group rising from "oppression" to defend the right to have sex with my own socks, does it mean every game/movie/book have to include me???

Let's try to stay balanced. At some point every guy on earth uses a sock to clean up after whacking off. So that group is already well represented.

Zewp

Oh dear god. It's the "but what if people want to fuck goats!!111" argument dressed up in a new skin. :messenger_expressionless:

Raitoningu

Banned
Oh dear god. It's the "but what if people want to fuck goats!!111" argument dressed up in a new skin. :messenger_expressionless:
That's a good suggestion, the goats lovers also fought in WW 1+2 why are they ignored???

Sexuality is a private shit, why does it getting shoved in peoples throats?

Last edited:

Zewp

That's a good suggestion, the goats lovers also fought in WW 1+2 why are they ignored???

Sexuality is a private shit, why does it getting shoved in peoples throats?

It doesn't? Not really sure why you're even bringing it up here, because there are no gay/lesbian/trans/whatever characters in the game.

I'm inclined to say you're just a shit-stirring troll.

EDMIX

This is why I predict TLOU 2 will 'tank' relative to TLOU. There is only so much SJW crap you can shove down throats. There are plenty of other AAA epics coming to Playstation that hopefully won't have the SJW virus like 'Death Stranding', 'Ghosts of Tsushima' and 'Days Gone'.

? The first game receive lots of awards and moved massive units, the character was gay in that game.

No one is trying to "shove down throats" of anything anymore then any game with a straight male or female having a relationship.

You folks sound just as bad as the SJW, simply arguing for a different "agenda" lol

Be like - "This is why I predict Gears 5 will 'tank' relative to Gears 4. There is only so much alt right crap you can shove down throats"

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
? The first game receive lots of awards and moved massive units, the character was gay in that game.

No one is trying to "shove down throats" of anything anymore then any game with a straight male or female having a relationship.

You folks sound just as bad as the SJW, simply arguing for a different "agenda" lol

Be like - "This is why I predict Gears 5 will 'tank' relative to Gears 4. There is only so much alt right crap you can shove down throats"

I believe the difference was that the game did not advertise its "inclusive" characters first and foremost. It showed a world gone to hell and people trying to survive it. With the first major gameplay reveal for the sequel, the thing they showed off immediately was the "romantic" kiss. Personally I don't have an issue with it (as I just don't really care for the characters anyway, I just want my bloody MP back) - but I can see how some do.

Dacon

Banned
Yea, that doesn't work that way bud. Anyone can have anything inside a game that unbeknownst to you is part of some other concept symbolically supporting some ideal. As how would you know based on something you didn't create?

Until they tell you, it might simply be assumed to be a normal story and game. Suddenly you reading minds now? LOL!

I don't necessarily support the poster's original position since I'm not sure what it is, however. I will say this.

This is an incredibly ridiculous statement to make as far as I'm concerned, seeing as how there's deliberate cues and meanings meant to be inferred from writing, otherwise no one would understand the meaning of anyone's story. You don't need to "read minds" you simply need to be well versed in allegory, symbolism, reading subtext, and language. As many who major in Literary fields will tell you. If there isn't a means to decipher symbolism and allegory, then it's ultimately worthless, not to mention meaningless.

Meowzers

I bought bf1 and played like 2-3 matches online. It just didn’t click. I figured why buy another one if I didn't like the last one? Couldn’t care less about the controversies around it.

I bought a mouse for my PC and it just didn't click.

So I know where you're coming from.

EDMIX

It doesn't? Not really sure why you're even bringing it up here, because there are no gay/lesbian/trans/whatever characters in the game.

I'm inclined to say you're just a shit-stirring troll.

Agreed. My issue is, even if they did have that, is someone legit assuming zero gay people existed during those times?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-38932955

So if the game even had a solider that was gay, its not as if such a thing didn't and couldn't happen. Folks like to argue "agenda" and like to claim its about history, but if they where to make the game about this, a factual story, they'd find something to argue over it, likely the um "agenda". Turns out real life is a "agenda" to them. This is the SJW argument too, ie oh a demographic is in said game based on "agenda" with zero proof to support it.

It was dumb when folks try to claim it must be a "agenda" for Uncharted to have a straight white male
It was dumb when folks try to claim it must be a "agenda" for The Last Of Us to have a gay girl

How about don't play it if you feel that way. It was dumb when SJW said it about Uncharted, its just as dumb when Anti-SJW have the same stupid argument about a different demographic. They are basically SJW for alt right lol

It all comes down to this, modern culture just inherently does not like white men.

If something features a primarily all white male cast that is considered an actual problem and you almost always have to throw in a few token women and minorities, regardless of any context.

The vast, vast majority of games have not featured a primarily all white male cast for decades now, it's not normally a big deal, but occasionally there will be a certain context in which it makes the most sense, like say, a WW2 game.

But it just can't be done anymore, that is why is feels so phoney baloney and artificial to people and many are reacting negatively, not because everyone has a problem with women and minorities, but because a developer sees it as a problem that has to be fixed when their game potentially features a primarily all white male cast and it's only a problem when you see white men as inherently a problem.

I just hate that fucking attitude, modern culture really tries to build women and minorities up, that's fine, but it shouldn't come at the cost of wanting to tear white men down.

#Everyonesbf and yet the sales are down. It's funny how when they try to pander to SJWs they sell less copies.

Same thing happened to Arkane, they even met Anita to change their games and they bombed out the gate. No one cared about Emily and that asian/female duo in Prey.

Other games put female soldiers without issues but DICE had to make a big point and it backfired badly.

It's a shame too because Prey is a really, really good game despite some SJW flavoring (which is fairly mild at the end of the day)

Nope, Ellie wasn't revealed to be gay until the Last of Us DLC in 2014, there's no clear indication at all that she's gay in the main game.

EDMIX

I don't necessarily support the poster's original position since I'm not sure what it is, however. I will say this.

This is an incredibly ridiculous statement to make as far as I'm concerned, seeing as how there's deliberate cues and meanings meant to be inferred from writing, otherwise no one would understand the meaning of anyone's story. You don't need to "read minds" you simply need to be well versed in allegory, symbolism, reading subtext, and language. As many who major in Literary fields will tell you. If there isn't a means to decipher symbolism and allegory, then it's ultimately worthless, not to mention meaningless.

Thats not to say someone can't do it in a way that is only revealed when they tell you. If something is put in the work that is completely unknown to its real meaning, unless the person tells you, you are not going to know. SOME things can be understood and deciphered, ALL THINGS CAN'T! I might have the dumbest reason for why a dog is the main character in a book, you can't tell me that YOU KNOW 100% why that is, you can have many theory, you can't actually 100% know exactly why.

Might be the silliest thing I've ever heard someone claim.

" meanings meant to be inferred from writing, otherwise no one would understand the meaning of anyone's story"

Ok, and lets say I make a story in which that one part you don't get and I've made to not understand in the first place, only to say later on Twitter its really suppose to show how I feel about communism?

So I think this whole "agenda" thing is silly and even if someone believed something different then me and put it in the game, so long as the game is fun, I don't care. I never be able to play anything if those were the reasons I played games for lol

Be like "Great, I just found out that the maker of Puzzle Quest really made it to support racist beliefs and the blocks are really about segregation, never playing that game again" /s

Ladioss

I swear to you people, I love reading Resetera these days - the comedy is golden. Those people are so far into their racist/sexist view of the world and so blatantly pround of it, it's a riot.

It all comes down to this, modern culture just inherently does not like white men.

We have gone way too far into the cultural self-deprecation. Parts of the population have gone insane - especially among the educated class, being the most exposed to that ideology.

Last edited:
I swear to you people, I love reading Resetera these days - the comedy is golden. Those people are so far into their racist/sexist view of the world and so blatantly pround of it, it's a riot.

We have gone way too far into the cultural self-deprecation. Parts of the population have gone insane - especially among the educated class, being the most exposed to that ideology.

It's the literal definition of racism, they're upset over shit like Trump or the Charlottesville rally so all white men have to be vilified because of it.

Just like white racists who hate all black people over gang members and criminals.

EDMIX

If something features a primarily all white male cast that is considered an actual problem and you almost always have to throw in a few token women and minorities, regardless of any context.

The vast, vast majority of games have not featured a primarily all white male cast for decades now, it's not normally a big deal, but occasionally there will be a certain context in which it makes the most sense, like say, a WW2 game.

But it just can't be done anymore, that is why is feels so phoney baloney and artificial to people and many are reacting negatively, not because everyone has a problem with women and minorities, but because a developer sees it as a problem that has to be fixed when their game potentially features a primarily all white male cast and it's only a problem when you see white men as inherently a problem.

I just hate that fucking attitude, modern culture really tries to build women and minorities up, that's fine, but it shouldn't come at the cost of wanting to tear white men down.

It's a shame too because Prey is a really, really good game despite some SJW flavoring (which is fairly mild at the end of the day)

Nope, Ellie wasn't revealed to be gay until the Last of Us DLC in 2014, there's no clear indication at all that she's gay in the main game.

Ok, but she still is gay.

"it shouldn't come at the cost of wanting to tear white men down." huh? Buddy, they can have a gay character in the game, I have no clue how that would "tear white men down". That is just as dumb as saying having a white guy it the game is to "tear black men down" or to "tear gay people down" etc.

If a SJW told you that, would that make sense to you? ie " I just hate that fucking attitude, modern culture really tries to build white men up, that's fine, but it shouldn't come at the cost of wanting to tear gay men down"

So I ask, is that happening in Uncharted? Gears? GTA? So its a dumb SJW argument, it doesn't make it less dumb just cause you are attacking a different demographic.

Same argument, different demographic.

Vaev

Gaming companies are heavily investing in valuing inclusivity, get used to it and you'll be much happier I guarantee it.

Ok, but she still is gay.

"it shouldn't come at the cost of wanting to tear white men down." huh? Buddy, they can have a gay character in the game, I have no clue how that would "tear white men down". That is just as dumb as saying having a white guy it the game is to "tear black men down" or to "tear gay people down" etc.

If a SJW told you that, would that make sense to you? ie " I just hate that fucking attitude, modern culture really tries to build white men up, that's fine, but it shouldn't come at the cost of wanting to tear gay men down"

So I ask, is that happening in Uncharted? Gears? GTA? So its a dumb SJW argument, it doesn't make it less dumb just cause you are attacking a different demographic.

Same argument, different demographic.

For all you know she's not gay in the main game of the first Last of Us because it's never clearly stated or relevant to the story.

Also, my comment about "tearing down white men" was in reference to Battlefield V, not Last of Us, sorry if that wasn't clear.

I was referring to the fact that in the single player stories of Battlefield V they have stuff like the Norwegian male soldiers being ineffective losers and the mission being carried out by a woman and her daughter or the black soldiers being treated racistly by white male French soldiers.

That is exactly what I'm talking about, it's not enough to diversify something up, no, you gotta slam white men at the same time, depicting them as buffoons or racist assholes, I hate that shit.

Elcid

Banned
Th

That is literally the entire purpose of literary analysis....

EDMIX

I believe the difference was that the game did not advertise its "inclusive" characters first and foremost. It showed a world gone to hell and people trying to survive it. With the first major gameplay reveal for the sequel, the thing they showed off immediately was the "romantic" kiss. Personally I don't have an issue with it (as I just don't really care for the characters anyway, I just want my bloody MP back) - but I can see how some do.

" With the first major gameplay reveal for the sequel, the thing they showed off immediately was the "romantic" kiss. Personally I don't have an issue with it (as I just don't really care for the characters anyway, I just want my bloody MP back) - but I can see how some do."

Ok, but those that do seem to hate anything different.

Lets pretend this is a SJW saying this.

" With the first major gameplay reveal for the sequel, the thing they showed off immediately was the white guys fighting Personally I don't have an issue with it (as I just don't really care for the characters anyway, I just want my bloody MP back) - but I can see how some do"

So that "some" are those that will basically hate it based on the whole "alt right" and "white man bad" complex, I simply see that the same as the whole "left" and "gay person taking over" folks.

They are the same, simply against different sides. If you think its dumb on one end, its not sounding any brighter on the other. So sure, some might think that, but those that even worry about that, seem to hate most things anyway.

Both sides are pretty slow in this respect.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Can't believe it's 2018 and we have people throwing tantrums over women and minorities being in a game.

And don't give me that "historical accuracy" nonsense. Battlefield has NEVER been a beacon for historical accuracy or realism. All they have done is make sure the soldier customization options is as diverse as their player base. If you don't like that women are in the game then don't play as a woman. If you don't want to support the evil "SJW" agenda then don't buy the game.

Good luck trying to find a game these days that doesn't have some kind of inclusion in it though.

Last edited:

EDMIX

For all you know she's not gay in the main game of the first Last of Us because it's never clearly stated or relevant to the story.

Also, my comment about "tearing down white men" was in reference to Battlefield V, not Last of Us, sorry if that wasn't clear.

I was referring to the fact that in the single player stories of Battlefield V they have stuff like the Norwegian male soldiers being ineffective losers and the mission being carried out by a woman and her daughter or the black soldiers being treated racistly by white male French soldiers.

That is exactly what I'm talking about, it's not enough to diversify something up, no, you gotta slam white men at the same time, depicting them as buffoons or racist assholes, I hate that shit.

"or the black soldiers being treated racistly by white male French soldiers." Because historically that is what did actually happen, they are not just showing that for lolz or to pretend as if one side is better then the other, they are simply showing an example of stuff that happened. France over time would be less racist against African American's after their help in WWII, this is not trying to say that ALL FRENCH PEOPLE ARE LIKE THIS.

It would be like getting mad at a white person killing a native American in a period piece or something when that is indeed stuff that happened.

Trying to make it seem as if its SOLELY to "slam white men" is just silly.

Its like trying to say the film Boyz In The Hood is made to try to "slam black men", yet ignore what the film is about is EXACTLY what was going on in 1992 in LA. Not every damn thing is being made to "slam white men", as even as a African American, its not as if I believe every black gangster film is made to "slam black men" as its just a strange claim with little to really support it. Its why I was ok with the N-word being used in Mafia 3. I don't think the game has a "agenda" or to "slam black men" etc Folks used that word freely at that time, that doesn't mean the developer is out to get me and wants to make me feel bad or anything like that. Its just a massive stretch to really go that far.

Shmunter

The Identity Politics marketing in media was successful for a time, but perhaps people are waking up to the fact and pushing back. I certainly got burnt on Moonlight. Went out of my way to see the movie of the year only to be presented with a B grade social commentary movie that was neither movie of the year, much less a movie even worth seeing.

Then Wonder Woman and Black Panther. Expected to watch superhero movies of the generation, instead they were average superhero films that were obviously elevated not for their remarkable artistry, but because of politics.

3 strikes, you’re out.

EDMIX

"you gotta slam white men at the same time, depicting them as buffoons or racist assholes, I hate that shit. " ??? Why does this bother you so much?

They might be making something where its indeed about racist. JUST like someone could make a film about Black men that are thugs or in gangs etc. I don't get upset at it as ITS NOT CLAIMING 100% of black men are this, JUST like what you are talking about is not making this claim that 100% of white men are that.

So If I can understand a film like Boyz In The Hood having black men committing crimes is not some agenda to "slam" black men, why on earth can't you get a film about the KKK is not this sole motive to "slam" ALL white men?

Can SJW come out and claim Uncharted is about trying to support the alt right and slam gay people by having a white person as the main character?

Thiagosc777

Can't believe it's 2018 and we have people throwing tantrums over women and minorities being in a game.

And don't give me that "historical accuracy" nonsense. Battlefield has NEVER been a beacon for historical accuracy or realism. All they have done is make sure the soldier customization options is as diverse as their player base. If you don't like that women are in the game then don't play as a woman. If you don't want to support the evil "SJW" agenda then don't buy the game.

Good luck trying to find a game these days that doesn't have some kind of inclusion in it though.

Why do you keep repeating that? Nobody here bought the game, nobody wants to buy this flop, and nobody will. This is like a car crash, it's horrible, but we can't stop watching it. It's kind of entertaining to see Dice going down in flames by their own doing.

And there are plenty of games out there without propaganda in them. Just play the good ones, not this one.

Ladioss

And don't give me that "historical accuracy" nonsense. Battlefield has NEVER been a beacon for historical accuracy or realism.

Not being a beacon of historical accuracy doesn't give them a free pass for full liberal propaganda / historical fanfiction.

Given the current political context, the kind of "everything is political" blatant disingenuity you can read here and there WILL cut you off from parts of your audience - and their money. And it's perfectly fine : people must be allowed to speak their mind, one way or another.

Nivrap

Neo Member
Now a DICE dev is on Era going "I don't get it, why don't they like us? So disappointed with people." Like, your job isn't to be a moral arbiter, it's to make money so your company doesn't become another casualty on EA's rap sheet after what you did to Battlefront 2.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
It's a shame too because Prey is a really, really good game despite some SJW flavoring (which is fairly mild at the end.)

I know but when Arkane outright said they were changing the game to meet Anita's dumb standards (even meet her) it was their biggest victory. Representation = more sales they said. Arkane drank the koolaid and then the games actually came out and no one cared. Emily didn't become a feminist icon. The SJWs never talked about her ever again, they just jumped on the next target, female Link or whatever.

BFV is doing the same and the sales are not up so SJWs are a meaningless market that don't buy games but they are everywhere in the gaming media and gaming communities. We need a purge.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Why do you keep repeating that? Nobody here bought the game, nobody wants to buy this flop, and nobody will. This is like a car crash, it's horrible, but we can't stop watching it. It's kind of entertaining to see Dice going down in flames by their own doing.

And there are plenty of games out there without propaganda in them. Just play the good ones, not this one.
"Propaganda"? Get the fuck out of here lol

Women and minorities being included in an online multiplayer game is not fucking "propaganda". It's not like DICE forces players to play as women or minorities. In fact if you don't play as one yourself then aside from hearing a female soldier yell something every now and then YOU WOULDNT EVEN KNOW THEY ARE IN THE FUCKING GAME.

They wear the same clothes. Use the same weapons. Have the same customization options. And you have people throwing hissy fits as if DICE is personally coming into their houses and kicking their dogs.

The level of pettiness and immaturity that is being put on display over something as simple as including women and minorities in an online first person shooter in 2018 is fucking absurd.

And I'm not sure what you mean when you say "nobody will buy this flop" either. I started playing when early access hit and I invariably find a match within seconds of queuing up for one so the playberbase seems to be doing just fine. It may come as a great shock, but most normal people don't give a crap if there women and minorities in their video games.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Not being a beacon of historical accuracy doesn't give them a free pass for full liberal propaganda / historical fanfiction.

Given the current political context, the kind of "everything is political" blatant disingenuity you can read here and there WILL cut you off from parts of your audience - and their money. And it's perfectly fine : people must be allowed to speak their mind, one way or another.
cfvSvxf.png

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
"Propaganda"? Get the fuck out of here lol

Women and minorities being included in an online multiplayer game is not fucking "propaganda". It's not like DICE forces players to play as women or minorities. In fact if you don't play as one yourself then aside from hearing a female soldier yell something every now and then YOU WOULDNT EVEN KNOW THEY ARE IN THE FUCKING GAME.

They wear the same clothes. Use the same weapons. Have the same customization options. And you have people throwing hissy fits as if DICE is personally coming into their houses and kicking their dogs.

The level of pettiness and immaturity that is being put on display over something as simple as including women and minorities in an online first person shooter in 2018 is fucking absurd.

And I'm not sure what you mean when you say "nobody will buy this flop" either. I started playing when early access hit and I invariably find a match within seconds of queuing up for one so the playberbase seems to be doing just fine. It may come as a great shock, but most normal people don't give a crap if there women and minorities in their video games.

You keep stating bullshit. You know it isn't about the "women and minorities" and it has been explained multiple times through this thread, but that wouldn't fit into your nice little narrative you keep trying to construct (and fail to do so). Stop with the disingenuous crap, mate.

Top Bottom