• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genderfield V: The saga continues

ROMhack

IMHO, the problem was never the inclusion of women.
Sure there's people who just got angry from that.

But there was something more harmful than that, and that was the way they sent the message.

Basically it was: "We put women because is our game, and if you dont like it, you can fuck off."
And also, the SJW dev who said that about: 'What could I say to my daughter if she asks me if she cant play as a woman in WWII?'

They managed it awfully, and even if the game is great, they will learn to not have retards on their team.

Calling it like it is, it's pretentious. There's a lot of pretence from the people making the game and selling it that it's a more important product than it deserves to be.

If they just came out and said Battlefield V is an unrealistic, epic, blockbuster World War II shooter then I don't think people would care as much.

Last edited:

Senhua

Calling it like it is, it's pretentious. There's a lot of pretence from the people making the game and selling it that it's a more important product than it deserves to be.

If they just came out and said Battlefield V is an unrealistic, epic, blockbuster World War II shooter then I don't think people would care as much.
They should do like MG Survive, just call the game's setting was about WW2 at the alternate dimension and they can make whatever shit they want to.

Shmunter

If this were Bad Company 3 set in historically agnostic setting, nobody would have batted an eyelid at a squad of female super soldiers plastered all over the promotional material.

If that is indeed true, and it most certainly is, any conversation stating misogyny or bigotry is a deliberate attempt at miscrediiting genuine complaints and a direct attack on the gaming community.

The transparency is so obvious, that EA’s continued reinforcement and justification of the attack makes them extremely hostile towards their customers. Ea and Dice has nailed their flag to the mast and proclaimed ideology first and foremost. This form of activism is not only undesirable, it is being clearly rejected by the masses.

I pity the shareholders, and heads will roll soon enough.

Last edited:

I know they're different publishers, but how amazing would a Wolfenstein Battlefield crossover game be? Street Fighter X Tekken is a thing, so why couldn't they? And who would complain about historical inaccuracy in that game? Not me!

-MD-

Willing to bet he's still a whole lot better than you. And the criticisms raised in the review had nothing to do with his gaming prowess and everything to do with how scummy the game is. But keep sinking more hours (and dollars) into it though. One man's trash is another's treasure.

How much money do you have? I'm all in baby.

Edit:

bXezjrt.png

----
xATxqwt.png

0.71 k/d

mjl.gif

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Oh, and by the way... I'm sure EA isn't doing all this to better their image after being awarded as worst company several times.

People are so gullible.

Saruhashi

Banned
Got to say this thread has been a laugh to read, so I think I'm done with writing in it.... but will keep reading it.

But to sum up, pretty sure gamers having a beef with BF comes from this..... and I'm not going to get into "Realism vs Authenticity" because to me is semantics:

- EA/DICE saying BF games strive to be gritty and realistic
- BFV puts in some believable missions (water plant is real) and French/Senegalese working together
- BFV executes missions with unbelieveable/false narratives that definitely do seem pretty liberal/SJW like

So on one hand, BFV tries to give off a sense of real life WWII gaming, but the storylines are far fetched. Just doesn't seem to mesh coherently.

It would be like Street Fighter with it's crazy characters, beat your ass attitudes and revenge storylines suddenly getting changed in the next SF game where Ryu and Ken want to beat up Bison becasue Bison thinks any opponent wearing pink costumes is gay. It's a fictitious game where any stroyline can be written in without needing history lessons, but that storyline just doesn't fit the game.

You could kind of see the Street Fighter example happening though in the right (wrong) kind of circumstances.

Has anyone here ever been exposed to Christian rock music? Or Christian comedy?
I was sent to events as a kid and while I had a good time in the moment looking back it's all a bit cringey and lame.

The thing about content or entertainment like that is that it's very prescriptive. To really enjoy it you already have to be on board with the fundamental tenets of what the content is going to refer too.

If you don't "get" Jesus then you're gonna be standing at a Christian rock event thinking "what the f is going on here, this is so lame". Unless maybe you are there to impress a cute girl or something.

So, you could have just a regular rock group that "finds Jesus" and suddenly starts doing all this really preachy, really Jesus focused content.

In a similar way if Capcom and the specific team developing the Street Fighter game became full of people who were fully indoctrinated into a specific set of beliefs then you could end up with a very focused and very preachy SF game.

And the fan base would meltdown, of course.

Similar seems to have happened with BFV. The developers appear to have a set of beliefs and it follows then that the game tries to impose those on the player.

Just like an Atheist being made to feel unwelcome at the Christian rock event the message is get on board with us or shut up or get the F out.

I see a lot of people saying things like there would be no issue if it was a modern setting or a futuristic setting or a highly stylized version of WW2 or even just an actual authentic portrayal of womens roles in the conflict. That is all true.

I think it begs the question though, did Dice/EA deliberately choose WW2 with a view to changing the narrative?

A bit conspiratorial maybe but, if you think about it, that kind of makes sense to me.

One of the fundamental beliefs is that games are aimed at white men too often. Another fundamental belief is that popular history in entertainment media focuses too much on the stories of white men.

So it does kind of make sense that a very social justice conscious development team would literally think "let's rewrite history". It would certainly achieve their goals.

So now you are preaching to an audience that basically does not want to be preached to. On top of that you can literally see where the game ends and the preaching begins. Then of course to top it off people criticizing this need to be vilified and smeared etc because otherwise you lose control of the narrative that this "is a plausible scenario".

It' funny isn't it? For years and years the gaming community is told "guys, you need to be open to criticism of games",
Games are not above criticism.
Super Mario promotes sexism and misogyny.
You need to be willing to criticism the media you love.
Etc etc etc.

OK, cool. So I can have a go at criticism of BFV? Cos the way they've changed the story in this Norwegian mission is seriously fucked u-
"OH MY GOD YOU SEXIST RACIST ALT-RIGHT INCEL TROLL RUSSIAN BOT GAMERGATE MANBABY. ITS JUST A GAME! CAN'T YOU JUST PLAY AND HAVE FUN. YOUR SILLY PEW PEW GAME ELECTRONIC TOYS AREN'T EVEN CLOSE TO ACCURATE"

I see. Hm. So we shouldn't criticize now?

Some big boobed lady in a fantasy game wearing bikini-like armor? Oh my god how could she even survive in a battle? It's so impractical and stupid.
Women fighting on the front lines of WW2? It's totally plausible and anyone who suggests otherwise is an entitled manbaby and it's just a game anyway.

Azurro

Banned
Im not them so I can't answer your questions.

I personally play the game (Origin Premier) because it's fun and I liked the previous Battlefield games. My character in the assault class which is the one I play as the most is a woman. Why? Because I don't care, I haven't bothered changing the gender to a man (Im a man) because I don't care and have no problem with playing as a woman, mostly because I don't care.

Question, if you don't care about playing as a man or a woman, why must women HAVE to play as women to "join the fun"?

I'm a brown Latino dude and have been playing all my life. I played as Simon Belmont, Mario, 2B, Dante, Kitana, Bayek and had tons of fun. Why is it necessary to add female characters in a conflict that didn't have any, just so women can have fun? That's so sexist of them.

Saruhashi

Banned
The whole forcing black soldiers to dig trenches while white French soldiers fought?

They do this to make it look like "the white people didn't want the black people to get any of the glory" but that only works in hindsight after the battle is won.

On the actual ground, on the actual day, when everyone is right there in the moment I think most soldiers would prefer to be left behind digging trenches while someone else gets sent to do the fighting.

In reality if the French army was fundamentally racist then the frontline would be full of the dispensable soldiers and the favored class would be held back to do the digging.

It's funny when you think about it. You can throw women into a historical rewriting of events and even spin the story that they were somehow denied the opportunity to become soldiers and fighters because of Patriarchy.

In reality of the early 1940s I don't think too many people would be all that disappointed at being told they won't be going off to a foreign land to potentially die a horrible death.

Over 16 million military dead on the Allies side. It's a retroactive accusation of sexism and racism because that's mostly white men among the 16 million and white men wouldn't allow women and minorities to die too.

What a fucking shit show.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

How much money do you have? I'm all in baby.

If he took it seriously or dedicated his life to this trash like you do, I'd still win. He doesn't. Nobody here does except you. And it still doesn't invalidate his review.

Last edited:

-MD-

If he took it seriously or dedicated his life to this trash like you do, I'd still win. He doesn't. Nobody here does except you. And it still doesn't invalidate his review.

Do you need help quoting my post? You seem to be struggling.

Why do you feel the need to rush to Joe's defense, are you his boyfriend? I know it's your first day on the boards posting and getting bitch slapped like that was embarrassing but you'll get there.

Edit: Hey you fixed it!

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Why do you feel the need to rush to Joe's defense, are you his boyfriend? I know it's your first day on the boards posting and getting bitch slapped like that was embarrassing but you'll get there.

Why do you feel the need to rush to this game's defense? Do you suck Soderlund's ****? . Like I said, his review is still legit and you having a better k/d doesn't mean squat when you have 5 times his playtime and are probably a longterm bf fanboy. A gif sure showed me lol.

I think AJs review is pretty fair. Game is unfinished and maps are at times boring. It has some map rotation issues that has plagued other Dice games. Some design elements seem sloppy.

If you like the core gameplay loop and eat EAs half baked shit that is good on you. The people seem to have spoken and hopefully EA and Dice will right the ship. But no one should hold their breath.

-MD-

Why do you feel the need to rush to this game's defense? Do you suck Soderlund's ****? . Like I said, his review is still legit and you having a better k/d doesn't mean squat when you have 5 times his playtime and are probably a longterm bf fanboy. A gif sure showed me lol.

Because it makes fairies like you insanely upset. I've skipped half the games in this series so yeah, huge Battlefield fan over here. The game is good so my friends and I play it, that's all the reason we need.

You stated in another thread that Detroit: Become Human was a top 50 game of all time, why would anybody ever take anything you say seriously?

hyperbertha

Detroit having good writing and not having tired gameplay tropes puts it above most games coming out these days. You put 50 hours into battlefield in its first month. What makes you an authority on any top games list?

zelo-ca

"fans" gimmie a fucking break. They cant handle a woman in a video game. Theyre not fans, theyre an embarassement to video games. And FYI, COD WW2 had playable women in MP. Didnt hear a peep out of that peanut squad.

Literally changing history is the issue. One of the war stories is a real life missionwhere they deliberately changed the heroes who were men into women for no reason. They are changing history to satisfy the sjws

Meccs

Literally changing history is the issue. One of the war stories is a real life missionwhere they deliberately changed the heroes who were men into women for no reason. They are changing history to satisfy the sjws
Everyone is ignoring that. It's not about the gaming having female soldiers, it's about them feeling the need to replace real life WW2 heroes with women just because "right side of history" or whatever. How are we ok with that?

ROMhack

Question, if you don't care about playing as a man or a woman, why must women HAVE to play as women to "join the fun"?

I'm a brown Latino dude and have been playing all my life. I played as Simon Belmont, Mario, 2B, Dante, Kitana, Bayek and had tons of fun. Why is it necessary to add female characters in a conflict that didn't have any, just so women can have fun? That's so sexist of them.

I had this conversation with my ex a few times and came to the opinion that women like to have characters who they can feel attached to. It doesn't always need to be a woman but in some respects it does because developers will usually put more thought into designing female leads compared with male ones.

I don't think us guys really always care as much but we do tend to be sold games with characters as one-dimensional as a cardboard cutout of said character.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Battlefield V is having a 50% off promotion from Microsoft aimed at lapsed BF fans. I'm sure EA just loved how this all turned out.

odhin

I had this conversation with my ex a few times and came to the opinion that women like to have characters who they can feel attached to. It doesn't always need to be a woman but in some respects it does because developers will usually put more thought into designing female leads than male ones.

I don't think us guys really always care as much but we do tend to be sold games with characters as one-dimensional as a cardboard cutout of said character.

Coincidentally she also loved any type of RPG where you could customise the character.

That's the thing I never get with all this X GROUP REPRESENTATION in video games, or any other media tbh.

People should understand that they are not playing as themselves but as a fictional character. Like, I understand that in a game where you create your character first thing (like a dark souls, wow, etc.) you can have that type of role play feeling all you want, but those are a different type of game. And thats why this BFV controversy is not, in my understanding, as some people like to make it wich is "male gamers just don't like women and/or minorities in games". It drives me crazy.

Similar thing (kind of) happened in a Last of Us discussion I remeber seeing (dunno if in NeoGaf), where people said they enjoyed the game until the ending, where they said they were "forced" to do something they would never do IRL in that particular moment and then they just hated it because of it. But thats the thing, you are playing as the main character in a fictional story/world, you're not playing as yourself. You may not like it, you may not accept it or even understand that character motivations, but if you don't make that distinction you're probably not going to enjoy something as much as you can possibly do.

Last edited:

bilderberg

That's the thing I never get with all this X GROUP REPRESENTATION in video games, or any other media tbh.

People should understand that they are not playing as themselves but as a fictional character. Like, I understand that in a game where you create your character first thing (like a dark souls, wow, etc.) you can have that type of role play feeling all you want, but those are a different type of game. And thats why this BFV controversy is not, in my understanding, as some people like to make it wich is "male gamers just don't like women and/or minorities in games". It drives me crazy.

Similar thing (kind of) happened in a Last of Us discussion I remeber seeing (dunno if in NeoGaf), where people said they enjoyed the game until the ending, where they said they were "forced" to do something they would never do IRL in that particular moment and then they just hated it because of it. But thats the thing, you are playing as the main character in a fictional story/world, you're not playing as yourself. You may not like it, you may not accept it or even understand that character motivations, but if you don't make that distinction you're probably not going to enjoy something as much as you can possibly do.

The most annoying thing I see about video game characters is that they seemingly have to be "likable." If you could somehow turn characters like Don Draper or Walter White into video game protagonists people would hate them, but their some of the best characters we've seen in t.v. Video game character's don't need to be an extension of the player. They can be their own thing.

Shai-Tan

Banned

In multiplayer your character doesn't have mental content beyond how much you are into role playing. I think that gives them more leeway to alter details but there's always a tension there in that some people are more engaged with role playing than others (think about how many complainers there have been on the BF forums over the years about what guns were common or how realistic looking the reload is). This is supported by the tone of the game like e.g. if they lean into faux realism and trappings of it then altering details will seem more out of place. If it's more silly then the setting will seem like window dressing giving them more room to alter details like customization (they hide behind representation as if the business motivation for character customization doesn't exist)

For single player there is a conflation by DICE and other of representation, diversity, and inclusion. Inclusion can be supported by representation to the extent that seeing oneself in popular culture will increase a sense of belonging in society but it's not equivalent. If it was equivalent then there would be no complaints about gender swapping characters with no changes to how they think or behave. Diversity in media is more about perspective taking. It's enhanced when it's grounded in details about differences in experience. If you complain about not seeing yourself in a character in this context it's missing the point of perspective taking which presumably increases empathy. DICE is incapable of engaging with any of this because the stories are cliched action movie garbage pretending to have some relationship with history via rhetoric about "untold stories". It's mostly hollow corporate virtue signaling about a perceived social problem (lack of representation in the media) projected on to the past as if their hollow gesture (suspiciously in line with economic interests in customization) didn't have to engage with the complexity of the phrase being "on the right side of history" as if propagandizing the past was sufficient to solve current social problems.

McCheese

The war taught us some pretty important lessons, it's a shame EA decided to mostly ignore them and instead shoehorn their hot-topic of the day into it. At first I figured their heart was in the right place, but then the general disdain they hold for their own audience swayed me into skipping this game in protest.

Hearing stuff about how they've portrayed the french troops etc, goes too far into disrespectful territory imo.

lukilladog

Guys, it doesn´t matter, EA doesn´t give a flying about the outcome of debates between gaming feminists and their opposition, they want that, BF is the sacrificial lamb and now EA are martyrs to the eyes of the left. We are not critizicing the real source of the problem. The screen wall isn´t EA or Dice making fun of their customers, it´s a message to the left, telling them that they are taking the shots for them, it´s so big because they think they are idiots, but still don´t want them to make noise about the real social problems corps like EA are causing... like introducing younglings to online gambling by the millions. The left and their ramifications need to fucking wake up.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I thought maybe this was a photoshop (because you know, how dumb can someone be) but no, appearently it was real:

(kudos towards my friends over at 4channel)

1543724233487pfeuf.jpg

1543724390875uudr2.png

and there is this women, trippling down on the bullshit:

1543724893880g8ca4.jpg

That is a very white development squad they have there. Much diversity, such inclusiveness. :pie_smirking:

Bad Company 3 is going to focus on the romantic relationships among the squad and really be a dating sim, isn’t ?

Bad Company 3: Dream Daddy in Uniform?

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
If you want to better represent and "include" women in a WWII game, how about... just thinking here... make additional games that show and involve in the player in the efforts women were actually undertaking at that time? How about a simulation / management game in which women with little prior experience are suddenly thrust into keeping up a munitions production factory once the men are deployed, with all the interesting human elements that would involve?

I mean, if you're looking for difference and representation, you shouldn't be shoehorning it into the overwhelmingly male domain of war battles. You should instead be seeking to create compelling gaming experiences about other areas of life and struggle. You'll also probably get more women interested in it that way.

If this were Bad Company 3 set in historically agnostic setting, nobody would have batted an eyelid at a squad of female super soldiers plastered all over the promotional material.

If that is indeed true, and it most certainly is, any conversation stating misogyny or bigotry is a deliberate attempt at miscrediiting genuine complaints and a direct attack on the gaming community.

The transparency is so obvious, that EA’s continued reinforcement and justification of the attack makes them extremely hostile towards their customers. Ea and Dice has nailed their flag to the mast and proclaimed ideology first and foremost. This form of activism is not only undesirable, it is being clearly rejected by the masses.

I pity the shareholders, and heads will roll soon enough.
I remember the early rumours around this game being that it was Bad Company 3. I wonder if something changed at some point and they shifted to a much more serious town. Even that first trailer felt more like Bad Company than Battleflield. I would have loved a story with a one armed woman badass wielding a sword in a Bad Company game.

Overall I have no issues with women being in Battlefield V multiplayer but if the single player content was advertised as something that it was not I can understand why some may be upset.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So, the Battlefield Reddit has some... fun things happen over the past few hours. Apparently a few mods were pulling a play right out of the former Neogaf (and current Era) moderation team: randomly banning members, silencing speech they don't like, and making baseless accusations of alt-right. They have since been removed and things seem to be looking up:

Them 'Game Changers' doing work, eh?

" They could've just said "it's just a game", but nope"

Well...they actually did.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/12/17453728/ea-women-in-battlefield-v-backlash-response

"listen: this is a game"

I understand if peoples feelings get hurt or they are sensitive to those comments etc, but folks.....its a video game. I don't take JACK personal that any publisher or developer states. Don't play games for that and feel that this was overblown to a massive degree. Even with publishers I openly criticize, take MS for example. Don's comments about (buy 360 instead of XONE) for offline gaming was jacked up, but irrelevant to me not buying a XONE. Even as much as I question the publisher , if they make a fun game.....I'm buying it.

I'm a gamer FIRST folks, nothing any damn publisher states outside of the content of the game itself is going to stop me from actually playing something if its fun, so the whole feelings over games bs is a bit too sensitive for my taste and folks who are even buying anything like this need a grip on reality.
They said that, AFTER repeatedly insulting their fanbase.

That shouldnt have been dne in the first place.

petran79

Banned
If you want to better represent and "include" women in a WWII game, how about... just thinking here... make additional games that show and involve in the player in the efforts women were actually undertaking at that time? How about a simulation / management game in which women with little prior experience are suddenly thrust into keeping up a munitions production factory once the men are deployed, with all the interesting human elements that would involve?

I mean, if you're looking for difference and representation, you shouldn't be shoehorning it into the overwhelmingly male domain of war battles. You should instead be seeking to create compelling gaming experiences about other areas of life and struggle. You'll also probably get more women interested in it that way.

Hearts of Iron 4 features women leaders, pilots and generals in some countries if you opt for Communism or Fascism, has the USSR Women in Aviation option, producing women pilot aces and the USA has also Amelia Earhart with a chance to survive and join the war. Turkey has also Sabiha Gökçen(First female military pilot)for CAS doctrine (which increases CAS by %10 percent). Mods allow even further customization.

But that game requires some knowledge and brain to be enjoyed, so it is not for the average gamer and who dares question DICE' sanctioned inclusion

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I know I said I'd stop posting in this thread, but I'm like Milhouse....... "I cannot turn away". I love when people or companies get into sticky situations when politics, religion or any self-righteous PR speak spreads.

But here's something I was thinking about as to why DICE (based in Sweden) might have gone extreme in storyline:

1. Historically, Sweden claimed neutrality in WWI and WWII
2. The world (especially the last 5 years), has gone into lots of tweets, SJW, internet shaming etc....
3. Swedish governments and people's high standard of living has a very social/balanced economy of high taxes and ensuring income balancing and lots of social services
4. Look at any article describing a country's masculine/feminine traits (it's not a literal sense of the number of men vs women). Sweden ranks low on the masculine scale

So you know what I'm thinking?

(1) Little sense of respect for fighting, no long histories of families dying or grandparents being war vets, or families decimated or being homeless and starving as soldiers fought in their towns like the other big countries fighting from beginning to the end.

The reason why DICE made these cute storylines is because historically, they had no skin in the game. While allies and axis countries were killing each other by the millions, people being imprisoned and cities being bombed, Sweden signed deals with warring countries to stay on the sidelines in both WWI and WWII. And believe it or not, even went beyond that to become suppliers of goods and materials for both sides. While the other fighting countries were killing each other, they were making profits off it.

Put it this way..... if EA needed to make a BF and some reason they had to choose another office in US, Canada, UK, Germany, Russia (just making examples here for the heck of it), do you really think some Russians, Brits or Yanks would do a water plant mission and cut out the allied soldiers and replace them with a mother and daughter tag team? I don't see it.

So combine the above with the SJW movement (2) and they probably felt it was time to change up the stories assuming everyone felt the same way...... let's get rid of archaic real life soldiers and stories where [Captain Insert Name Here] and [Private Insert Name Here] are done to death. So let's make it for the modern world where female stars like Bayonetta, Lara Croft and the Nier: Automate leads can do it, so can women by subbing them into real life WWII missions..... where a mom and daughter can kick ass like Rambo, kill endless German soldiers and finish off the mission by blowing up a submarine and German Captain.

Makes sense DICE would try these storylines since the attitudes and politics in Sweden are very equal (3+4). So despite real life examples (male soldiers), it's a matter of spreading out the diversity so it doesn't become too macho and competitive (the stereotypical tough guy soldier in a shooter).

Last edited:

autoduelist

Can we just fast forward past all this politically correct bullshit and jump back in when all of it crumples in on its own nonsense. There are dozens upon dozens of reasons that men traditionally fought in wars, and patriarchal tyranny has nothing to do with it . Survival is actually important, both on the individual and societial/tribal levels, and men are far more biologically disposable than women for the preservation of any given population. This need to rewrite history and walk on eggshells with our words is an Orwellian travesty.

Edit: spelling mistake

Last edited:
Im still getting the game for Christmas and Idc what anyone else says I have been waiting for a good WW2 shooter for a long time now. BUT, I am SO happy that this myth of the "vocal minority" BS has been shown not to be true. So tired of SJW's and game "journalist" trying to spin thats its the "vocal minority" time and time again for anything gamers don't like.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Im still getting the game for Christmas and Idc what anyone else says I have been waiting for a good WW2 shooter for a long time now. BUT, I am SO happy that this myth of the "vocal minority" BS has been shown not to be true. So tired of SJW's and game "journalist" trying to spin thats its the "vocal minority" time and time again for anything gamers don't like.
Yep. Glad the sales are tanking. But you shouldn't support it though. For god's sake buy something else. There are other world war shooters. What was its name? World war 3 or some such.

hyperbertha

The most annoying thing I see about video game characters is that they seemingly have to be "likable." If you could somehow turn characters like Don Draper or Walter White into video game protagonists people would hate them, but their some of the best characters we've seen in t.v. Video game character's don't need to be an extension of the player. They can be their own thing.
Joel from tlou.

Ogbert

So do we have an idea on how big a flop it is yet?

Not retail/digital comparisons, which are misleading, but simple units sold?

NickFire

So do we have an idea on how big a flop it is yet?

Not retail/digital comparisons, which are misleading, but simple units sold?

I think sales revenue is the more appropriate measuring stick. This game was heavily discounted so fast that units sold will not tell the entire story.

Dont buy it! The boycott has to continue. Don't reward their behaviour.

Also the game isn't good.

RedVIper

Banned

Buy the game used if you really want to, I'm sure there is plenty of copies floating around.

Thiagosc777

Please buy a used copy then.

Nydus

Gold Member
I think it's more the fact that CoD had ww2 last year already and this bf looks too much like bf1 and more importantly: has no BR.

The vast majority of gamers don't give a shit about the cover art or what the developer says. I mean I'm interested in gaming and even I don't care.

When was the last time a triple AAA release was impacted by gamer rage? Battlefront 2? Even that game sold gangbusters and EAs stock seems fine. (For now)

Top Bottom