• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

General "Spread" of Next Gen Console Issues, A poll.

Have you Had any issues with your 'Next Gen' console?

• Yes, With my PS5

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • No, My PS5 is Fine

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Yes, With my Xbox Series S/X

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No, my Xbox Series S/X is Fine

Votes: 30 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've seen the thread(s) on Console issues, and its become a blur of "I've got this/I've not got this" So this is for those that Have new Consoles that would like to leave a vote so we can see a more Accurate (not that its Really possible with such a sample size) take on the issues.

Ideally, who ever votes they have an issue, would leave a comment as to what issue(s) they are having.

Stats Stolen from Reddit:

Gen 7 Failure Rate
Wii: 2.7 - 6.8%
PS3: 10.6%
Xbox 360: 23.7 - 54.2%

Gen 8 Failure Rate
WiiU: nothing found, presumed to be about 1%
PS4: 1%
Xbox One: about 1%

Where Would this gen fall? An Average failure rate is ~3% in electronics, Microsoft Allegedly shipped somewhere between 1.2 and 1.4 Million on launch, giving a 3% failure rate of between 36,000 and 42,000 in the wild.

All this really shows is the power of social media as reports come out left, right and centre. But are the amount of Failures we see online REALLY as bad as they seem?

Discuss. Nicely.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Xbox 360: 23.7 - 54.2%

Ouch...

It'll all most likely end up at 1% just as the previous gen, as the consoles are once again nothing more than just a closed spec PCs, and BR drive is nothing new anymore, I really don't see what could go wrong, both companies learned the lessons from RROD, no one wants to repeat that ever again.

PS. Why does the poll ends on 1st December? Some people will have the consoles for just about a week by then, or even just mere days, some even won't get their hands on the new systems at all by that time, it's more than certain we won;t see anyone having any issues with the consoles before the poll ends...

slade

My issues with the PS5 so far only happened during the first day I got it. A data base rebuild due to a problem with the HDD and then crashing and shutting down five minutes into Miles Morales. Since then, it has been fine.

PS. Why does the poll ends on 1st December? Some people will have the consoles for just about a week by then, or even just mere days, some even won't get their hands on the new systems at all by that time, it's more than certain we won;t see anyone having any issues with the consoles before the poll ends...

In all honesty, I anticipate a patch by then, which would probably make all these issues moot. I wanted to really look at how many issues were "Day one" as it were, I.e Straight out the box.

ZywyPL

Banned
In all honesty, I anticipate a patch by then, which would probably make all these issues moot. I wanted to really look at how many issues were "Day one" as it were, I.e Straight out the box.

Fair enough, but I'd personally extend it to 1st January, it's more possible the FW updates will be out by then.

Fair enough, but I'd personally extend it to 1st January, it's more possible the FW updates will be out by then.

I'd be more worried Sony would sleep on this for nearly 2 months! But your point is valid. I've never done a poll on GAF, Can I extend it for example, on the 30th November for a month, Assuming the patch Isn't out by then?

Last edited:
Coil whining thread incoming

Ah, We can argue over whether "Coil Whine" is an Issue. I'm sure people will say it is and others will say its a by-product of use and isnt an Issue.

I've never heard it (Not got my PS5 yet) so not sure how loud it can really get to.

Sethbacca

My issues with the PS5 so far only happened during the first day I got it. A data base rebuild due to a problem with the HDD and then crashing and shutting down five minutes into Miles Morales. Since then, it has been fine.

This has also been my experience. I’m not sure a single crash constitutes “issues”. It crashed right as rhino hit the gas tower. That’s the only problem I’ve had.

I had a weird crash on my PS5 when using Spotify with DeS, then it got stuck in a crash loop where my external drive had to be repaired. Strange bug, but only happened once. Kinda freaked me out but needed a few power cycles and it cleared.

slade

This has also been my experience. I’m not sure a single crash constitutes “issues”. It crashed right as rhino hit the gas tower. That’s the only problem I’ve had.

Mine was during the Rhino fight as well. It was during the first section where Peter fights him while you take on the thugs. Since that first shutdown everything has run beautifully.

These are early days. Anxiety over a 500 dollar product magnifies every little problem.

JCK75

I'm saying it's fine because only one game is causing minor issues and that is COD Cold War.
I think it's an issue with the game not the system.

splattered

I put yes on my series x but thinking about it I think it was just because quick resume wasn't fully working for the games I was playing so I expected things to be faster. Seems to be fixed now.

reinking

Gold Member
PS5 fine.

XSX disc drive grindy/loud. Not sure if I will ever use the disc drive but now my console makes a noise on boot up that it did not when I first got it.

Top Bottom