• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genius Sonority Announces new RPG Denpa Ningen for the 3DS, Releasing Feb 8

U2izq.jpg

Official Site: http://www.denpaningen.jp/
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DenpaNingenRPG

Nintendo 3DS: eShop
Release Date: February 8, 2012
Price: 800 Yen

Demo: 30 Plays
Release Date: February 1, 2012

Screenshots:

hI7xA.jpg

nosGJ.jpg

2hXUT.jpg

E3mm8.jpg

h71F1.jpg

Meier

Out in a week? Crazy Japanese devs and their short windows between announcement and release. This seems like a new record.

watershed

Banned
Wow this game looks surprisingly good and I love the mii integration. Hopefully it gets a demo in NA too at some point.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Looks awesome for an eShop offering.

I'll definitely pick it up if it makes the jump across the pond.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I think they are fun. I like having fun playing games.

Yup. They were both fun Pokémon spin-offs with a pseudo-mainline vibe.

I also really liked having Pokémon DP battles with my friends through Battle Revolution.

That party sorting/creating menu looks straight out of Mii Maker.

And I guess you get new characters by looking around with the camera?

Were they ever really mighty? They don't have a history of making good games.
They have a history of making average, boring games, imo. Some flaws here and there but pretty standard fare for games.

I meant more sales-wise. Developing DQ and Pokemon games are pretty significant and now they are making obscure digital release games that are knocking off what they used to make.

Granted do we know who is developing DQX? I don't think L-5 has the time or team for it unless they anounced they were developing it internally this time.

DQ Swords and The Pokemon games are good.

They haven't really made much beyond that.

Didn't they also make DQ7 or was it just that this studio was composed of a lot of DQ vets?

Zenaku

The games title doesn't really translate to "Human Interference" (denpa is lit. "electric wave" and is the word used for radio waves and the like) but oh well.

Basically, you use AR to catch the human characters, and use them to travel through a dungeon. Characters with antennae have special skills/abilities.

Slime

Banned
I've been wanting to see these guys do their own thing for a while. They're made up of people who worked on some great stuff previously (DQVI, VII and the Mother series), but unfortunately they were basically Nintendo's go-to studio for Pokemon spin-offs.

Should be interesting to see how this turns out now that they've been given some freedom.

Takao

Banned
No mention of Nintendo anywhere. I guess they're self-publishing, which would explain why it's such a low key (yes, even for Genius Sonority) release.

Top Bottom