• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

MagnesG

Banned
Wait a sec, so if you use a +8 blue to level a +0 purple, it will automatically raise it to like +7?
Haha I'm not sure, I just asked people from Discord. Again, you can try adding it in the level up slot without actually proceeding. Maybe different tier will have different xp requirement?

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

Eh? I have a Galaxy S9 and it runs perfectly.

Really? My framerate is rough. Lots of drops and stutters. I don't see an option where I can lower the settings to see if this improves performance.

Then again...this phone has been around some of my larger Tesla Coils..soooo maybe it's been damaged.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Super interesting reddit post with all of the compiled info on patch 1.1. There are some spoilers, so read at your own risk (though the plot ones are tagged).

Is it weird Childe is suppose to be one of the big shots yet he didn't even get a good intro but she did?

z1TFd8T.png

Pejo

Is it weird Childe is suppose to be one of the big shots yet he didn't even get a good intro but she did?

z1TFd8T.png
Well supposedly he's the next "region" boss like Stormterror, so he'll probably get his full introduction then. Otherwise, he did kick a little ass when he saves you from the Liyue guards.

How many primogems are people realistically getting per day at higher levels?

I'm pretty new and so couldn't do the pve event thing(not sure if that gave primogem rewards or not), but outside of that it seems like there simply isn't going to be enough to make the game fun to play down the road. I got a few hundred or so but I had the daily commission that gives 60 total I think? Then I get a few achievements for a few more which I won't keep getting.

What aside from that though will give you enough to bother playing at higher levels? There's chests where you get a couple...and what else? Is there anything?

If there's not a simple way to get say 480 per day (3 wishes) I don't see why people will keep grinding this out over the long haul. Even at that rate, odds are you would get like a single 5 star character in a month. And I don't even see that rate being realistic.

Last edited:
Also forgot to say that this is something Fortnite should have done ages ago to keep people playing. Catch some fish, get some V-bucks. Get kills, get v-bucks. Open chests? V-bucks. Win? v-bucks. Give small amounts for everything. Give people the game currency for playing the damn game! No idea why they never did it aside from Save The World.

Anyway, Genshin Impact is no doubt going to be my GOTY, but I don't know that it will last much beyond that in it's current state.

Last edited:

Pejo

How many primogems are people realistically getting per day at higher levels?

I'm pretty new and so couldn't do the pve event thing(not sure if that gave primogem rewards or not), but outside of that it seems like there simply isn't going to be enough to make the game fun to play down the road. I got a few hundred or so but I had the daily commission that gives 60 total I think? Then I get a few achievements for a few more which I won't keep getting.

What aside from that though will give you enough to bother playing at higher levels? There's chests where you get a couple...and what else? Is there anything?

If there's not a simple way to get say 480 per day (3 wishes) I don't see why people will keep grinding this out over the long haul. Even at that rate, odds are you would get like a single 5 star character in a month. And I don't even see that rate being realistic.
The better way to gauge this is to see how many they distribute for major/minor content expansions and updates. Like when 1.1 drops, we need to see how many new ways there are for getting primos. Obviously when they open new areas like 1.2's rumored mountain, there will be a chance at more gems due to new chests, explorations, achievements, etc. We saw with the alchemy mini event they gave out a spattering of gems in that book. It's never going to be enough to pull every new character, but if it's like most gacha, you will be able to do probably a 10 pull every few weeks if you're doing your daily grind.

Techies

When will this game get gamepad support for android. It runs really well on the Quest1, might be able hit 60fps on the Quest2. And it looks great on the big screen of Oculus TV. Unlike a normal phone, it's designed for gaming and has a build in fan. Makes it the perfect platform for the game. Apart from the lack of gamepad support...

Pejo

When will this game get gamepad support for android. It runs really well on the Quest1, might be able hit 60fps on the Quest2. And it looks great on the big screen of Oculus TV. Unlike a normal phone, it's designed for gaming and has a build in fan. Makes it the perfect platform for the game. Apart from the lack of gamepad support...
you can probably use those screen mapper utilities to ghetto engineer the controller in, not sure if that's against MiHoYo's 3rd party app policy though. Octopus is the one I've heard of before, and it just lets you set a touch screen area and bind it to a button. You will still have to deal with the overlay though.

Pejo

60 Gems from dailies x 30 = 1800 per month
2400 Gems from Spiral Abyss per month
90 Gems Daily x 30 = 2700 per month, from the Moon Blessing i bought for less than 6 Bucks, best thing to buy if you can wait.
You can also add another 300 per week for login bonuses or other small event things , so another 1200 per month that way.

Techies

you can probably use those screen mapper utilities to ghetto engineer the controller in, not sure if that's against MiHoYo's 3rd party app policy though. Octopus is the one I've heard of before, and it just lets you set a touch screen area and bind it to a button. You will still have to deal with the overlay though.
Does not work, because of google play. Could never get google play to work on the Quest.

MagnesG

Banned
I'm forced to use my phone for today's log in and the control's surprisingly serviceable. Like at least I can deal with it on short term.

The battery drains fast though.

Techies

you can't just get the apk?

It's on apkpure: https://m.apkpure.com/search?q=octopus

I got the APK, but when you add a game with it, it says you need to be signed in to google play for it to work for some reason.
And since there are no google play services running on the Quest it doesn't work when I click the login button.

It really needs the gamepad support. Imagine having a Quest2 with the Elite strap + battery pack. You could literally play it for 4 hours straight.

Last edited:

Pejo

I got the APK, but when you add a game with it, it says you need to be signed in to google play for it to work for some reason.
And since there are no google play services running on the Quest it doesn't work when I click the login button.

It really needs the gamepad support. Imagine having a Quest2 with the Elite strap + battery pack. You could literally play it for 4 hours straight.
Ah gotcha. I wouldn't count on gamepad support, though I agree it seems like a no brainer. Their other big game (Honkai Impact) is a gacha DMC/Bayonetta type game which would benefit even more from controller usage, and it still doesn't have pad support on mobile either. No idea why.

*edit*

Klee is going to make so much money in Japan. Some fan already made this:

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
After listening about three Giant Bomcasts worth of hype I need to check this out, but I don’t want to get tied to PSN, since I travel a lot. But I guess there is no Switch / Xbox version, and iPad doesn’t support controllers?

Also, do you need yo be always online?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
After listening about three Giant Bomcasts worth of hype I need to check this out, but I don’t want to get tied to PSN, since I travel a lot. But I guess there is no Switch / Xbox version, and iPad doesn’t support controllers?
Switch version is planned but won't materialize until next year. Mobile version, regardless of platform, doesn't support controllers and is touch only.

Was also disappointed and it's what also led me to being "stuck" on PSN. Hopefully the PS5 helps the game's loading times, my only real gripe.

I'm surprised people are so hyped for Klee. I thought she was extremely underwhelming in the Story dungeon she had, but maybe I just wasn't playing her right? lol

Edit: Yay, I got Sucrose on my first pull. She's all I wanted, because I got some crafting and upgrading to do

Last edited:

Fake

Yes. You need to be always online unfortunately. Will be a version for Switch, but don't get your hopes. Runs like shit on base PS4.

Pejo

If you plan to reroll, do it on mobile/PC then I think you can log in on PS4. PS4 binds your account to your PSN though, so you won't be able to reroll there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you plan to reroll, do it on mobile/PC then I think you can log in on PS4. PS4 binds your account to your PSN though, so you won't be able to reroll there.
There is currently no crossplay on PS4 at all. You can't log in with an existing account, you just boot up the game and you're automatically signed in with your PSN account.

The only way to reroll is to create an entirely new PSN account.

Last edited:

Pejo

There is currently no crossplay on PS4 at all. You can't log in with an existing account, you just boot up the game and you're automatically signed in with your PSN account.

The only way to reroll is to create an entirely new PSN account.
Man, that sucks. Good to know though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I rolled once on the new banner because why not right? One time won't hurt, surely I'll get a weapon or another 4. (pls I just want my earth goddess)

Then I got fucking Diluc.

There goes all my luck for the next 6 months.

jLMkMeo.jpg

:/

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom