• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I hate you.
Same. I just wanted Ningguang and not have to wait for her rate up. I just used ONE wish as well. :/ I don't even have swords for him since I'm using Razor and I'm broke from leveling up my other guys to level 70.

Tygeezy

I'm forced to use my phone for today's log in and the control's surprisingly serviceable. Like at least I can deal with it on short term.

The battery drains fast though.
I mostly play with iPad and iPhone X. It’s more than serviceable in my opinion. This game, call of duty mobile and pubg mobile highlight what is possible on mobile. Not many compromises realistically need to be made.

Theu desperately need to have a gyro sensitivity slider though. It’s way too slow for my taste.

Fake

Same. I just wanted Ningguang and not have to wait for her rate up. I just used ONE wish as well. :/ I don't even have swords for him since I'm using Razor and I'm broke from leveling up my other guys to level 70.
With luck I'll get Dilic on the next update trying to get that spear geo dude. For now Amber is my main fire. I guess my chars are lvl 70 as well.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
With luck I'll get Dilic on the next update trying to get that spear geo dude. For now Amber is my main fire. I guess my chars are lvl 70 as well.
Why aren't you using Xiangling ?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Not like her kit. I still collection stuff to make good spears because besides those wishes, Book and Spear are quite crap. Really praying for the update add more of those.
The best spear in the game for her is craftable.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Thats what I've doing. Craft the same spear and than refine to increase the buff, but I getting poor very quick now.
Yeah getting a weapon to level 70 is something else. Anyway I mentioned her because she's better than Amber (outside exploring) in just about every way.

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah getting a weapon to level 70 is something else. Anyway I mentioned her because she's better than Amber (outside exploring) in just about every way.

Me on the other hand, use her basically everywhere. Her bear even spit some power increase chili.
Tried to put her on 70, since Kaeya, Noelle and Fichl are on 70. End up without Mora. Now I'm very poor, streets of Monstad here I go.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Me on the other hand, use her basically everywhere. Her bear even spit some power increase chili.
Tried to put her on 70, since Kaeya, Noelle and Fichl are on 70. End up without Mora. Now I'm very poor, streets of Monstad here I go.
I have no books and I'm broke as well after talent/artifact upgrades lol. I never bothered leveling up Kaeya properly. I just throw out his ult or ice and then switch to another character to destroy the fire mages in certain not shrines. I was REALLY hoping somewhere in the future we'd get more NOT Russia (but is totally America with its "embassies" everywhere) people with ice power that were girls or looked like The Woman (in italian). I just don't like his design at all. :/

MagnesG

Banned
I rolled once on the new banner because why not right? One time won't hurt, surely I'll get a weapon or another 4. (pls I just want my earth goddess)

Then I got fucking Diluc.

There goes all my luck for the next 6 months.

jLMkMeo.jpg

:/
You suck.

MagnesG

Banned
Trade me your Ning for him :/.
Actually I would if that is possible. Why do you want her so much though, is it because of the hotness factor or because she is really useful :messenger_weary:

I just got her and Fischl dups from the last pull, I feel like as a F2P player I can only confidently invest on *4 characters because of how it is easier to fill up their stars compare to *5. My Fischl have 3 stars and Xianling have 4. They are pretty OP with their skills at this point.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Actually I would if that is possible. Why do you want her so much though, is it because of the hotness factor or because she is really useful :messenger_weary:
She's blonde, has red eyes, is good looking and is an adult. Also I need a GEO that isn't Noelle to take out things from a distance.
fxbddi0.jpg

I just got her and Fischl dups from the last pull, I feel like as a F2P player I can only confidently invest on *4 characters because of how it is easier to fill up their stars compare to *5. My Fischl have 3 stars and Xianling have 4. They are pretty OP with their skills at this point.
That's what a rate up banner is SUPPOSE to do. How the FUCK did I get a Diluc in somebody else's banner I have no idea. Maybe you just GET a 5* character eventually and it is at random? I hope you guys get Morax or w/e character you are aiming for.

Didn't take Japan long to go all in on everyone's favorite LMD (Loli of Mass Destruction).
Genshin Impact hit $100 million of revenue in the first 2 weeks, I don't think it will take another month to hit $200 million. And people in the West still think anything about the game's monetization is going to change or it's going to die or something. All of my LMAO.

Sooo I take it the pity timer doesn't carry over/starts over between event banners? I had 8 straight wishes with no 4 star or higher since the Venti banner. Now I made 5 wishes on the Klee banner and still no 4 star+...apparently I should have made 2 more wishes on the Venti banner.

This fucking game...
It's supposed to carry over. The History menu shows the Venti pulls for me.
Are you sure you didn't split your wishes between the Character Banner and the Standard Banner?

AJUMP23

I pulled a Dulic last night. That felt pretty good to get my first 5 star. My favorite character so far is Noelle, I love her spinning great sword attacks.

I also finished the quest where I got a 4 or 5 star weapon blueprint, but I do not know how to get it made.

I pulled a Dulic last night. That felt pretty good to get my first 5 star. My favorite character so far is Noelle, I love her spinning great sword attacks.

I also finished the quest where I got a 4 or 5 star weapon blueprint, but I do not know how to get it made.

You need to go to the blacksmith in either town with the blueprint, and 50 pieces of White Iron Chunk and Crystal Chunk each. You'll have two options for each type of weapon, and you'll likely want to watch some you tube comparisons of both before deciding.

AJUMP23

You need to go to the blacksmith in either town with the blueprint, and 50 pieces of White Iron Chunk and Crystal Chunk each. You'll have two options for each type of weapon, and you'll likely want to watch some you tube comparisons of both before deciding.

Do you have a youtube Genshin Impact channel you would recommend?

MagnesG

Banned
Just got AR35, finished all of my current possible quest and now I'm gonna proceed on maxing my statue level.

It's time to memorize the map I guess.

Pejo

I've been using her in my post-exploration party non stop, she's amazing. I't feels like I'm playing Panzer Dragoon or Magick Archer from Dragon's Dogma - the waifu version.

MagnesG

Banned

I've been using her in my post-exploration party non stop, she's amazing. I't feels like I'm playing Panzer Dragoon or Magick Archer from Dragon's Dogma - the waifu version.

Yeah I've been thinking of experimenting some reaction combos with her. I've always like mage combat more even Lisa.

Might as well do it soon.

Last edited:
Do you have a youtube Genshin Impact channel you would recommend?

Not really. Something like "Genshin impact best claymore" or "which claymore" or "blacksmith claymore" should work just fine. Most weapon types seem to have a clear winner, unless you're not really going for DPS. For example, never even seen this video before, but it was an easy find. At the same time, it's never a bad idea to hear several opinions over several videos before making a decision.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Eh. For one they are all level 70 fighting lv62 bosses. (with a maxed out constellation to boot) Also If you have Mona any character hits hard. The only time you don't need to do this with a GEO character is when you fight the cryo flower.

I still want to get her one day though, geo shields.

Not really. Something like "Genshin impact best claymore" or "which claymore" or "blacksmith claymore" should work just fine. Most weapon types seem to have a clear winner, unless you're not really going for DPS. For example, never even seen this video before, but it was an easy find. At the same time, it's never a bad idea to hear several opinions over several videos before making a decision.
People can also read up on a weapons description and do maths.

MagnesG

Banned
I have this one *3 artifact with energy recharge as its base, and you know with Mona new lvl 70 talent 20% dmg er scaling, i'm kinda tempted to invest?

How are people doing with pulls?

From the event banners I started off really good with both Barbara and Fischl in my first 15 wishes.

But it's been all downhill from there.

Other than them I've gotten Beidou, Lisa (again), Noelle x2, and Ningguang x2

That's in 64 total pulls across all banners.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Played through the new trials of the new characters. Klee was a lot of fun and I'm finally starting to see the hype. The water sword guy was okay but nothing special. The wind alchemist Sucrose was the worst, I actually failed the challenge at first just because their damage output was so low and the AOE effect on their regular L2 attack was pretty limited.

I thought "OK I've got enough to do a pull on this new banner, let's see what I get." Fuckin Sucrose.

Pejo

Played through the new trials of the new characters. Klee was a lot of fun and I'm finally starting to see the hype. The water sword guy was okay but nothing special. The wind alchemist Sucrose was the worst, I actually failed the challenge at first just because their damage output was so low and the AOE effect on their regular L2 attack was pretty limited.

I thought "OK I've got enough to do a pull on this new banner, let's see what I get." Fuckin Sucrose.
At least you can use her to craft character ascension materials. She has a % chance to give you a refund of the materials used. Silver lining!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
At least you can use her to craft character ascension materials. She has a % chance to give you a refund of the materials used. Silver lining!
I didn't realize that. That's actually super handy!

LOLCats

Banned

I watch a video says she gets real powerful when combined with other elements so you use her basically as an igniter, things go boom.

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh I thought they were going to take away the clearing activity after the patch ?
You only have until the patch to get AR20 for Barbara. Xiangling is permanent for when you clear whatever stage it was on the abyss (I think 3-2 or 3-3). We will also be getting a free Fischl it looks like in 1.1 or beyond.

Top Bottom