• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

I like Rosaria's last Constellation. It enables her to run as a perma-freeze physical DPS. Sucks if you use her off-field for the cryo application though, I admit.

I would prefer Cryo reduction because I already use cry+electro reaction. Still, IMO is very poor effect for a last constelation.

deanote666

Are you using her as off-field cryo applicator or as a main dps? I've tried both, and she's decent off field, but she gets mogged by Rosaria for a physical dps or in permafreeze teams.

*edit*

Got the rest of the quest you were talking about today Fuz Fuz - So that's how I was supposed to get in there. That was a great quest though, even had a domain and everything.

Is there anything left to do after The fatui chick permanently becomes Gendou after you coax her back at the dock?
I'm using her has main dps. Not my highest damage dealer but still melts enemies decent enough.

Got Oz going so don't know if I'm getting the overload physical def decrease but she's doing over 3000 damage with regular attacks fairly regularly (decent for spear users?). Sometimes doing 16000 with her elemental skill. With C1, she can cast it twice so she can actually use her own buff (assuming at affects herself too).

Anyone else able to climb to the top of the Jade Chamber while it's still docked?
tOEx1YQ.png
EQYBmAm.png
DyXn3Xi.png

I5UZctv.png
a3rEyNl.png
Now I'm stuck... I went through all the trouble to get up there but don't want to get down...

Pejo

I'm using her has main dps. Not my highest damage dealer but still melts enemies decent enough.

Got Oz going so don't know if I'm getting the overload physical def decrease but she's doing over 3000 damage with regular attacks fairly regularly (decent for spear users?). Sometimes doing 16000 with her elemental skill. With C1, she can cast it twice so she can actually use her own buff (assuming at affects herself too).
As long as you're happy with the results, then that sounds good. 3k is kinda low, especially for a main dps though. You mentioned still having some building to do with talents and maybe some other stuff, keep me posted how strong she gets when finished. Also - which spear are you running?
Now I'm stuck... I went through all the trouble to get up there but don't want to get down...
Temporary waypoint time?

Fake

Keep in mind Polearms are not well know for dps due to the nature of polearm. They're fast weapon, but Claymore and Swords usually do more damage.

Hydro char and anemo(anemo chars that reduce elemental resistence) are good for increase damage output of cryo chars.

Last edited:

Fake

Damn... Vortex have so much potential doing the same thing as the pull anemo skills like Sucrose and Anemo Traveler.

I still don't quite understand why the need of taunt in every single kit.

deanote666

I understand different weapon types hit different, though balanced by attack speed, claymore will probably always be the highest dps. As far as pole arms go, I think she's one of my higher ones out of the pole arm users I actually have as DPS.

Pure physical damage with no elemental skills or other buffs, my Shenhe is doing higher numbers than my C2 Raiden with Engulfing Lightning and 266.1% ER.

Got Zhongli when he was still under powered and everyone said he was worthless.
Got Kazuha when everyone thought he was worthless.
Got Kokomi when everyone thought she was worthless before the corrosion status effect became prevalent.
Got Shenhe so hopefully she'll find her place in the game mechanics too.

On my previous messages about where I didn't want to leave, I continued the quest and it transported me up to the main part as part of the quest so I should specify that I climbed up there via one of the cables, climbed up the underside to get to the main part, and then up the central tower in my screenshots. Took the wind bottle item and Kazuha to get to the top part of the tower due to the edges of the roof.

Fake

Zhongli got 3 buffs at row before people calling worthless. No other char of the entire game get so much buff as he get.

In fact, buffs are almost non existence in this game. 5* when don't meet expectations usually get this attention.

Search on google to see the backlash around Zhongli being a shit. Part of that of course was the fact Geo sucks in general.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Zhongli got 3 buffs at row before people calling worthless. No other char of the entire game get so much buff as he get.

In fact, buffs are almost non existence in this game. 5* when don't meet expectations usually get this attention.

Search on google to see the backlash around Zhongli being a shit. Part of that of course was the fact Geo sucks in general.
buff and nerf are difficult for gacha games, if you buff the character alot you can't nerf it because there is a law in japan that protects characters from nerf, what they do is to add new gameplay mechanics, monster and bosses to make the character weaker, the problem is that zhongli will affect other characters like noel.

Fake

buff and nerf are difficult for gacha games, if you buff the character alot you can't nerf it because there is a law in japan that protects characters from nerf, what they do is to add new gameplay mechanics, monster and bosses to make the character weaker, the problem is that zhongli will affect other characters like noel.

But Geo chars sucks in general, so IDK why geo can't get buff. Besides, Electro got a buff and even know my Lisa is doing a better job than before.

The backlash was if I remember right the Chinese/Japanese playerbase that spend a LOT of money in Zhongli banner, but he was like a mess in general.
Thats why he got so many times a buff. Because people that spend money start the backlash and MHY usually try to avoid battle with that percent of playerbase, you know, the part of the community that spend really an absurd amount of money in the game for being a meta base.

I remember seeing here people posting threads of reddit showing Zhongli getting his ass beat on the Abyss 10/11

Last edited:

Dregnel

But Geo chars sucks in general, so IDK why geo can't get buff. Besides, Electro got a buff and even know my Lisa is doing a better job than before.

The backlash was if I remember right the Chinese/Japanese playerbase that spend a LOT of money in Zhongli banner, but he was like a mess in general.
Thats why he got so many times a buff. Because people that spend money start the backlash and MHY usually try to avoid battle with that percent of playerbase, you know, the part of the community that spend really an absurd amount of money in the game for being a meta base.

I remember seeing here people posting threads of reddit showing Zhongli getting his ass beat on the Abyss 10/11
wait when electro got a buff i wasn't playing.

Fake

wait when electro got a buff i wasn't playing.

The pre patch before Inazuma buffed electro reaction in general (increase the EM scale). Probably for make Baal more powerful, but ends up helping out Lisa and Keeqing.

• After reaching Level 60, every character will get a DMG buff for the major Elemental Reactions they trigger, including Electro-Charged, Superconduct, Overloaded, Swirl, and Shatter.
  • The Base Shield DMG Absorption for shields generated by Crystallize reactions will be increased.
  • The DMG Bonus provided by Elemental Mastery for major reactions will be increased. (Refer to the attributes panel in-game for the exact DMG Bonus amount)

Before the patch, my Lisa make 7k from electro+pyro, after the patch she is doing almost 15K using the same build.

Version 1.6
  • Increases the damage from Elemental Mastery for Electro-Charged, Superconduct, Overloaded, Swirl, and Shatter.
    • Old formula:
      {\displaystyle Y=667\times {\frac {\text{EM}}{{\text{EM}}+1400}}}

Last edited:

Pejo

q4ifgajpu9c81.png

At least they tied the censored outfits into the lore a little bit. Mona's was essentially a goodwill costume and Rosaria's was the church trying to make her dress more conservatively. I still hate the costumes, but neat touch.

BlackM1st

Banned
q4ifgajpu9c81.png

At least they tied the censored outfits into the lore a little bit. Mona's was essentially a goodwill costume and Rosaria's was the church trying to make her dress more conservatively. I still hate the costumes, but neat touch.
Ah, so it's in a lore that they're just a cheap versions of the original outfits made by people without imagination? Nice. Still trash tho.

Pejo

Ah, so it's in a lore that they're just a cheap versions of the original outfits made by people without imagination? Nice. Still trash tho.
It's such a dark day for future costumes. Not that we ever had good post-release costumes, but now it's basically a given that we never will. On top of that, all future designs are going to be done with CN censorship in mind. No way are they going to do 2 versions of every character. I doubt characters like Amber or Rosaria will ever get another costume other than the default and the censored, since they're not meta or popular in the fanbase. Kinda shitty if I'm being honest.
A lore behind the censorship. Thats a new one.

Mona looks more like a clown with that outfit.
I still don't even get why they censored Amber and Jean. They were great designs but not exactly screaming "TOO MUCH SKIN CENSOR ME!"

Fuz

Banned
I don't give a shit about waifus and costumes, but I find censorship unacceptable.

Guys, it's YET ANOTHER REASON to stop giving mihoyo any money at all.

Pejo

Man I just had a bruh moment.

Hu Tao's name in the english order (Given name/Family name) is Tao Hu.

In other words her first name is Tao.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Considering the regulars who visit this thread, I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed.
I'd agree. They really have no self control. If you really care about censorship and objectively hate it then uninstall and delete the game.

The characters were fine with the outfits they were made with. Changing them into eskimo villagers is overall insulting to the characters original vision.

Those that want to claim "stop giving them money" and proceed to give them more money I find laughable.

Mihoyo really needs to overhaul their stamina system, stop bastardizing characters and stop wringing players out of their entertainment dollars over weak gameplay elements and pretty artwork.

Especially if the stat sheets on these new characters are just full of hot air. All fluff and no soul.

Fake

Don't worry, people will start to call censorship as soon as Xingqiu, Itto, Xiao and others boys get they permanent outfit as well.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Boy, girl, in-between?

Also. Fuck yes. Please, please be Water Cocogoat...
Woman (tall) model. She's the one that looks like Fu Hua (from Honkai) in the Gouba event cutscene.

iu

Also strongly suggested that she's a master of weapons and likely to switch weapon types ala Childe, and likely is Waterboi's master (maybe current head of the clan?) that taught him the sword style he uses.

I was personally hoping for Hydro Polearm since it's one of the few combos we don't have yet along with Cryo catalyst.

Pejo

Grinded out a bunch of Windtrace tonight, and kept getting caught. I thought maybe the playerbase got smarter or better at the game all of a sudden, then I noticed I forgot to put Shiki Koshou away before starting the event, so I had a little paper asshole giving me away the whole time.

1yinFYD.jpg

Fake

Fuck this windtrace.

Anw, yesterday I finally get the commission that give me acess to the last Mondstad quest, the famouns 'Equivalent Exchange', and I gonna say, how much I missed quest there are main plot related.

I've been ignoring all those filer shit, but for the first time I was reading the conversation. They really need to go back to the main lore.

Looks like Yelan is Hydro Bow 5*, out in 2.7 according to several leaks.

Also strongly suggested that she's a master of weapons and likely to switch weapon types ala Childe...

I was personally hoping for Hydro Polearm since it's one of the few combos we don't have yet along with Cryo catalyst.
They could literally do this for any other weapon type and/or any other element and it'd be a valuable addition to the game. Hydro polearm would have been much cooler, though I've run out of spears at this point.

I'm also disappointed that the Liyue train shows no signs of stopping. This patch's focus on Liyue makes sense, but Mondstadt has been neglected for a long time (in terms of new characters), Inazuma still has a bunch of potential, Sumeru is coming up, so stop it with the Chinese self-fellating. Unless it's Chasm/Dendro related I'm not interested.

crumbs

Finished the new secret world questline "The Very Special Fortune Slip" last night. Pretty enjoyable, wish we had more like it. Shows that story-heavy quests can still be interesting without voiced dialog. Also, the lack of variety in NPC models really worked in the devs favor this time :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Does anyone know if you can find the eye-patch wearing Momoyo anywhere after the quest?

Pejo

They could literally do this for any other weapon type and/or any other element and it'd be a valuable addition to the game. Hydro polearm would have been much cooler, though I've run out of spears at this point.

I'm also disappointed that the Liyue train shows no signs of stopping. This patch's focus on Liyue makes sense, but Mondstadt has been neglected for a long time (in terms of new characters), Inazuma still has a bunch of potential, Sumeru is coming up, so stop it with the Chinese self-fellating. Unless it's Chasm/Dendro related I'm not interested.
Yea I wouldn't even care that they fellate Liyue so much if Liyue was an actual interesting location with cool stuff going on, but it's literally the most boring area in the game visually and thematically. They had 2 nation ending threats now that they could have used to reshape the area and make it cool (i.e. A Realm Reborn for FFXIV).
Anw, yesterday I finally get the commission that give me acess to the last Mondstad quest, the famouns 'Equivalent Exchange', and I gonna say, how much I missed quest there are main plot related.
Lucky bastard. I still need that one and the other Fatui Mondstadt one. It's been over a year now and still haven't received any of them.
Finished the new secret world questline "The Very Special Fortune Slip" last night. Pretty enjoyable, wish we had more like it. Shows that story-heavy quests can still be interesting without voiced dialog. Also, the lack of variety in NPC models really worked in the devs favor this time :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Does anyone know if you can find the eye-patch wearing Momoyo anywhere after the quest?
I haven't been able to find her after the quest. I'm guessing there will be a part 2 of that questline though, it left on a very open ended note.

In other news, the free time and dedication of some people still astounds me. Here's Genshin - in Minecraft.

Top Bottom