• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

The thing I hate about the boss is goodness forbid they just let you retry from the beginning. No, they have to respawn you with barely any health, so it's either eat through your food resources, or fast travel twice for no good reason. That doesn't make the fight more challenging, it just makes it more tedious. Just let me reattempt from the health and ability charges I had when I started the fight!

My AR is 35, and my character level is 70. This fight still seems really poorly designed.

Last edited:

Pejo

Ah, I haven't even touched the story quests yet, going to dig in tonight.

By the way, anyone up for some Co-Op Oceanid later? I need a bunch of those materials for Childe and with the changes to environmental damage, it's a real chore for me to solo it with Razor.

saved 60 wishes and got like 3 trash weapons, beidou, ninuang, and Diona x2. Feels bad man. Kind of feel like quitting this game.

75 is the soft pity, 90 is the actual pity, and 180 is the banner character pity if you didn't get them as your last five star. So if you don't have a five star yet, you're still just working towards one. If you count your wishes, you should be able to tell how close you are.

BlackM1st

Banned
There's a reason why Genshin has a bad rep among Chinese players. Miserable rates. Just accept it and never expect anything lol

75 is the soft pity, 90 is the actual pity, and 180 is the banner character pity if you didn't get them as your last five star. So if you don't have a five star yet, you're still just working towards one. If you count your wishes, you should be able to tell how close you are.
Yeah I know it's just annoying af playing that much...for that. Luckily I had already rerolled multiple times so started my account with Diluc, Razor, and Xianglang. Of course right now that also sucks as I'm burning the shit out of myself trying to play.

Last edited:
I finished the story. hmmm, you gotta experience yourself.

The boss fight is hard! but once you learn the pattern, it’s much easier. The key is to dash at the right moment to avoid 1hko.

Pejo

Behold, Albedo and Ganyu Albedo is a Geo catalyst supposedly, and a boy. Ganyu is supposedly another fucking ice bow. Enough with the bows MiHoYo.

7g71r9fn8ry51.jpg

vce96afn8ry51.jpg

*edit* Bonus content. Brand new enemies, original design, do NOT steal.

mdscj8fn8ry51.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a nice guide for that new boss:

Regarding the unblockable jump attack, you can also avoid it by using an ultimate that has a cutscene associated with it, such as Barbara's.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
And now we're back to doing dailies again, with some new boring weekly commissions from the reputation system. I think I'm on burnout phase now particularly on the gacha/grind aspect. Lowkey enjoyed the story but doing those chores man, especially on PC daily....

Kinda wanted to drop the game and maybe sell the account off.

crumbs

I feel like an idiot. I was trying to do some of the bounties last night and could not find any targets in the denoted areas. I thought it was bugged, but apparently you need to use the elemental sight to find their tracks 3 times. I guess I totally missed that instruction when I unlocked the reputation system.

BlackM1st

Banned
And now we're back to doing dailies again, with some new boring weekly commissions from the reputation system. I think I'm on burnout phase now particularly on the gacha/grind aspect. Lowkey enjoyed the story but doing those chores man, especially on PC daily....

Kinda wanted to drop the game and maybe sell the account off.
If you are thinking about selling your account, sell it. But only if you will get at least some money. Don't throw it away for cheap.
In the future it will be easier for you to come back. You will just buy your progress back ;)

Fake

I feel like an idiot. I was trying to do some of the bounties last night and could not find any targets in the denoted areas. I thought it was bugged, but apparently you need to use the elemental sight to find their tracks 3 times. I guess I totally missed that instruction when I unlocked the reputation system.

Not only that, but bounties enemies have some immunities.

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. If you go to a fast travel point that's in the search area, you never get the notification that you need to use elemental sight. That happened the first time I tried a bounty, so I never knew how to search for the enemy I was supposed to kill. The timer just started counting down, and I looked everywhere.

deanote666

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. If you go to a fast travel point that's in the search area, you never get the notification that you need to use elemental sight. That happened the first time I tried a bounty, so I never knew how to search for the enemy I was supposed to kill. The timer just started counting down, and I looked everywhere.
I was the same too. Failed 3 times looking for them. I eventually read the instructions on the bounty select screen to figure it out. Crafty bastards, lol.

Has there been any updates on PS4 cross save? Stuck on android at the moment. I don't want that Kernel level program running around on my PC.

crumbs

That makes sense, both bounties I selected allowed fast travel within their quest radius, so there was no tutorial. The devs should probably think about explaining this mechanic better.

Maybe I'm missing it, but It would also be helpful if you could check your currently selected bounty's info from the quest menu, rather than needing to interact with the reputation quest giver.

Saber

Gold Member
Its just me or is this reputation system very lame?
Like, if you do one thing at one region it counts to another(limit). To make matters worse, it only renews once in a week. I though this was an another way to make people keep logged in the game lol

Last edited:

deanote666

We Monster Hunter now

Pejo

Its just me or is this reputation system very lame?
Like, if you do one thing at one region it counts to another(limit). To make matters worse, it only renews once in a week. I though this was an another way to make people keep logged in the game lol
yea it's just another time gated grind to keep people logging in, nothing more or less. Bounties are kinda fun though. I like the idea, i just wish we could do more than 3 a week.

BlackM1st

Banned
just another time gated grind to keep people logging in, nothing more
that's the point. All gacha games are like that. All gaas games like that.

Hell, even monster like CoD MW is also exactly like dat.

In MW after most of players complete their Battle Passes, Activision adds grindy maps into 24/7 rotation. They also do 2xp events regularly. So yeah, don't expect anything grand from the updates, just hope that general gameplay loop is fun enough and/or login bonuses are worth your time.

I came back to the boss and beat him on my second attempt. Watching the video that I posted was very helpful. That guy makes some great boss guides. He even posted another video that explains how to avoid the "unavoidable" jump attack.

If I knew that, the fight would have been even easier.

Last edited:
Reached pity on one of my accounts (spent $15 to get to it) and got a Diluc as my first 5 star on that account. At least I have him on both my main accounts now. My other account with DIluc I'm at 65 wishes on the banner so should be getting a second 5 star for that account soon. Really hoping it is anyone besides another Diluc or Mona or Jean. Would much much rather get Keqing, Qiqi, or Childe.

LOLCats

Banned
This game is fucking sick on PS 5 my fucking God

i literally was grinning ear to ear just now doing a talent domain.

Last edited:

BJK

Reached pity on one of my accounts (spent $15 to get to it) and got a Diluc as my first 5 star on that account. At least I have him on both my main accounts now. My other account with DIluc I'm at 65 wishes on the banner so should be getting a second 5 star for that account soon. Really hoping it is anyone besides another Diluc or Mona or Jean. Would much much rather get Keqing, Qiqi, or Childe.

If your original Diluc was on the promo banner (rather than the 2-pull Beginner banner, or the general banner), then the 2nd legend would 100% be the promo 5* character (currently Childe).

Christ this game runs so much better on PS5. I love it. Loads twice as fast (and maybe even slightly more than that), very noticeably smoother overall, and when I go to pick up an item (like a mushroom) it...picks it up right away as opposed to base PS4 where I had to mash the button to get it to pick up consistently.

If your original Diluc was on the promo banner (rather than the 2-pull Beginner banner, or the general banner), then the 2nd legend would 100% be the promo 5* character (currently Childe).
Thanks, but Diluc was on the Beginners Banner. So I believe I have a 50% chance at Childe and a 10% chance of each of the others. I honestly just want Keqing, but would be happy with Qiqi or Childe as well. So overall I figure I have a 70% chance of not being pissed off lol. My only dilemma is if I want Childe enough to pull for him, or if I should just save for another better character banner. I like Childe, he just seems like he's more work to use unlike a Diluc, Qiqi, Keqing where I can just go bash some baddies mindlessly.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Thanks, but Diluc was on the Beginners Banner. So I believe I have a 50% chance at Childe and a 10% chance of each of the others. I honestly just want Keqing, but would be happy with Qiqi or Childe as well. So overall I figure I have a 70% chance of not being pissed off lol. My only dilemma is if I want Childe enough to pull for him, or if I should just save for another better character banner. I like Childe, he just seems like he's more work to use unlike a Diluc, Qiqi, Keqing where I can just go bash some baddies mindlessly.

Well, I tried 5 times in a row using 10 wish set at Keqing increased chance banner and pretty much failed to get her. I don't think I will get her anytime soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom