• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

While back in the tread. People complaining about the controls on mobile. Pejo Pejo

As the only mobile player here, apparently, I'm trying to establish a running joke.
To be fair, the controls for this event on mobile are probably 10x better until you get your muscle memory trained.

When I try to do my dailies on mobile though, I feel like I'm constantly missing buttons and hitting bursts by mistake and stuff like that. I'm sure with enough practice I could be ok at it.

I hope iOS's controller exclusivity ends soon so we can get proper Android controller support.

Fake

While back in the tread. People complaining about the controls on mobile. Pejo Pejo

As the only mobile player here, apparently, I'm trying to establish a running joke.

Because of the lack of a controller? IDK if GI mobile still have support for joystick.

I play some emulators on my phone and find terrible using the touch, but I turn on the bluetooth and use my dualshock so no problem.

Fuz

Banned
As the only mobile player here
Half Baked Boo GIF

Pejo

I like that the songs we're playing this time actually are kinda up-tempo. I was tired of playing all that sleepy ass music in past music events. They should start bringing in some more of the character trailer themes. They're usually the most memorable tunes in the game.

Also, teasing that Hina stand again.

Pejo

New 5* Dendro bow. Male, teen model, big poofball tail. Tighnari. A rendition of him drawn to description by a leaker.

8xtwakdk0m591.jpg

Bruce Willis Wtf GIF

Gorou will find himself in good company I guess.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Fischl castle battle theme. Make sure you listen until around 1:30. It gets pretty cool there. Apparently it doesn't have all of the musical layers added in yet, but still sounds cool.

Saber

Gold Member

Fischl castle battle theme. Make sure you listen until around 1:30. It gets pretty cool there. Apparently it doesn't have all of the musical layers added in yet, but still sounds cool.

At the start it gets some Harry Potter vibes(sounds cool). A bit from there, it starts on its own rhytim(also cool). From 1:00 to 1:30 it's super boring and repetitive. Post 1:30 looks interesting.
Overall not bad, the music keeps evolving in a significant way the more it passes imo.

Last edited:

Pejo

suylcn3wwx591.jpg

9sbkan3wwx591.jpg

disgusted not safe for work GIF

I want Shinobu a lot but god damn the rest of that banner....

That may just be the biggest minefield of a character banner as we've ever had. Blackm1st must be rolling in his grave.

• LOL
Looks like a great banner to me. Easiest skip in the game. Gorou and Chong won't be messing up any future banners for a while.

I'm 2 wishes away from a 4 star, so I'll try to snipe Cookie and then I'm out.

crumbs

Between that sorry-ass Itto banner and the few remaining events revealed on 2.7 livestream, the second half of this update is looking pretty rough. What are the odds of another Liben appearance?

Fake

I like Itto, but hate geo. Chongus are already max out, don't a huge fan of Shinobu kit and hate Gorou.

Probably the most easy banner for me to skip in ages.

Looking ahead a bit, it seems likely Kazuha and Yoimiya will not be on the same banner. This is because the weapon banner would have to contain both their signature weapons. That's just too good a value. Klee doesn't have a 5 star signature weapon, and I doubt they would put two pyro DPS characters on the same banner.

As a result, I assume Heizou will be on Yoimiya's banner, which will likely be during the second half of the patch.

Pejo

Looking ahead a bit, it seems likely Kazuha and Yoimiya will not be on the same banner. This is because the weapon banner would have to contain both their signature weapons. That's just too good a value. Klee doesn't have a 5 star signature weapon, and I doubt they would put two pyro DPS characters on the same banner.

As a result, I assume Heizou will be on Yoimiya's banner, which will likely be during the second half of the patch.
I'd be alright pulling on a Yoimiya/Heizou banner. She was a surprise standout for me and is my go-to for every weekly boss other than Signora.

The painful part is that after 2.8 is Sumeru....

Saber

Gold Member

Does that means Kaede will be the last one to have a rerun? Then its still a long way to prepare.

Pejo

It's hard to predict. I suppose the double banner will happen first because that's usually what happens. That would mean Kazuha + Klee first. Just my assumption though.
Yea that's my guess too. Kaz/Klee with existing 4*s on the first half, followed by Yoimiya with Heizou at the end. Yoimiya will get neglected again because they sandwich her right before Sumeru, just like she was right before Shogun last time.

deanote666

Is there a way to know if you got all of your 80 crimson agate? Was there enough of the quests that gave them regardless of how many you collected to get to max level or was there a set number of those quests? Got 5 extra agates myself.

Tree is already at max level but it bugs me never knowing... if there's one out there.... (I've used the interactive map but it's always possible I wasn't standing in exactly the right spot...)

Yea that's my guess too. Kaz/Klee with existing 4*s on the first half, followed by Yoimiya with Heizou at the end. Yoimiya will get neglected again because they sandwich her right before Sumeru, just like she was right before Shogun last time.
She can't catch a break huh? At least they keep giving her new 4 star anemo characters on her banners to sweeten the deal.

Fuz

Banned

That would be great. I woldn't mind a Yoimiya. She's one of the rare tolerable female characters.

Anyway, I think the main problem with the drum event is (apart the fact that it's designed for shitty mobile controls and not for keyboard and it shows) that the dots fall starting close to each other in a diagonal line, and not straight up to the key piece, making it very hard to understand what you need to click at glance.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
That would be great. I woldn't mind a Yoimiya. She's one of the rare tolerable female characters.

Anyway, I think the main problem with the drum event is (apart the fact that it's designed for shitty mobile controls and not for keyboard and it shows) that the dots fall starting close to each other in a diagonal line, and not straight up to the key piece, making it very hard to understand what you need to click at glance.

As for me, I think the problem is that when you discover the button you need to press, its already too late.
My suggestion(coming from a guy who doesn't give a crap about this btw) is that the dots fall with the button you need to press already attached to it. If a person saw a Down D-pad falling, all he needs to do is wait for the right timing to press instead of figuring out what the button he needs to press.

Last edited:

Pejo

It'll be interesting to see how they shoehorn Xinyan into this event. Maybe the translators will spell her name right this time.
Our good ol' travelling drummer or whatever friend Xingyan. Here to sound like a redneck southerner from the US in a game where very few characters have any other accent.

BJK

Two of the three 4*s are characters I don’t have, but there’s no chance I’m making any pulls on an Itto banner. Albedo was my least-favorite 5* in the game…but at least his character is just boring. Every time Itto shows up, I like him even less; even his Paimon-insult name is dumb.

Side note: finally getting around to friend-leveling Yae and Eula. Those two work so well together!

Pejo

If you didn't get a 5* then it's good. Now just save you pity and pull someday in a weapon banner that has good weapons.
The bow is basically Staff of Homa, there's just currently only 1 bow user that scales off of HP. Still, that Crit Damage stat is hot. The Jade Spear is universally good, even if not maybe BiS for all spear users not named Zhongli or Shogun. On top of that, it's got 2 of the best 4* weapons, the Sacrificial Sword and Sacrificial Bow which are BiS for some of the best 4* supports.

Not that I'd ever advocate for weapon banner shenanigans, but this one's pretty good considered the stuff we've had in the past.

SSfox

The bow is basically Staff of Homa, there's just currently only 1 bow user that scales off of HP. Still, that Crit Damage stat is hot. The Jade Spear is universally good, even if not maybe BiS for all spear users not named Zhongli or Shogun. On top of that, it's got 2 of the best 4* weapons, the Sacrificial Sword and Sacrificial Bow which are BiS for some of the best 4* supports.

Not that I'd ever advocate for weapon banner shenanigans, but this one's pretty good considered the stuff we've had in the past.
Oh yeah i agree it's a good weapon banner, but it also depends, i have Jade staff that i got in perma so to me it's 50/50.

If there was Wolfgreavestone instead i would be more tempted.

Last edited:

Pejo

It's a shame that CN feminists got the butt creases removed from the game, you can be 100% sure Shinobu was going to have them (like Amber's default outfit).

Pejo

Finally getting used to hitting "down" on the dpad for the middle note on the left hand side, for this drum event. Went back and redid a few just for fun, and now I've "discantus'd" each song on Pro. I like this music event quite a bit more because the songs are a little more melodic and upbeat. We still need some of the character themes in here like Ganyu's, Childe's, Zhongli's, Eula's, etc. They're generally the most memorable.

EiPwStb.jpg

• Praise the Sun
I found this rhythm game to be pretty good honestly. Yeah the position of the notes is a bit confusing, but otherwise I thought it was very doable even on the hardest difficulty on PC.

Top Bottom