• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
I found this rhythm game to be pretty good honestly. Yeah the position of the notes is a bit confusing, but otherwise I thought it was very doable even on the hardest difficulty on PC.
Agree, it's the best rhythm game we got so far in Genshin.

The position of the notes, the confusion and the inability to rebind the keys makes me not want to play it more than once per song, though.

Fuz

Banned
Despite my hatred toward it, I decided to clear the abyss today.

Didn't really go too well, but oh well got the achi and the namecard.
Abyss.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Despite my hatred toward it, I decided to clear the abyss today.

Didn't really go too well, but oh well got the achi and the namecard.
Abyss.jpg
Congrats! Which teams did you use for floor 12?

Also, I haven't been posting much about this because I don't really care that much, but there have been lots of leaks that there's an adult pretty male character that'll likely be revealed in the next few weeks. There's finally an artist's rendition of him.

jtsdsqqhhl691.jpg

*edit*

Also a new character description:
injb8ub93m691.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Congrats! Which teams did you use for floor 12?

Also, I haven't been posting much about this because I don't really care that much, but there have been lots of leaks that there's an adult pretty male character that'll likely be revealed in the next few weeks. There's finally an artist's rendition of him.

jtsdsqqhhl691.jpg

*edit*

Also a new character description:
injb8ub93m691.png
Please... Be hydro claymore.

Fake

According to some other arts he's dendro, hence the

Well, for now I can't judge until whats dendro are about.

I mean, the picture Pejo posted, is a female tall hydro. I guess you're talking about the white hair guy.

Pejo

Clarification on the new character.

f35k2iz0qn691.jpg

*edit*

Holy shit how fucking cheap is the event reward drum we get. It's only got 4 buttons and 2 sounds, a dink and a boop. I can make more noises just by tapping my Dualsense controller in real life. They really went all out with that one.

Last edited:

SSfox

Alright just few more hours before Itto banner
1639507983-chat-gorou.png

I'll try to get some Gorou while i don't want Itto, a Shinobu will be nice, don't mind some Chongs but the most important thing to me is Gorou constellations, hopefully things will go well

Looks like first impressions on Kuki aren't very positive. She deals no damage and her healing's mediocre. She applies electro consistently and can offer the Tenacity buff for your team, but there's stiff competition. She's also uncomfortable to use since she keeps eating her HP without a way to replenish it. Unless you truly need the role consolidation, it seems there's hardly a reason to use her. A shame.

barf GIF

70 pulls & got a first constellation for Gorou, first constellation for Itto, 2 Chong’s and Shinobu. The urge is strong but I’m going to be happy with that and not open my wallet!

Last edited:

deanote666

5 hours till the banner goes live in NA.

Only have enough saved for 1 10 pull.

Shinobu's kit looks like a pain to use so don't know if I'll ever use her. Not sure how much I'd actually use Itto... But do I want those empty spots in my roster...? Only missing Ayato, Shinobu, and Itto...

SSfox

Alright just few more hours before Itto banner

I'll try to get some Gorou while i don't want Itto, a Shinobu will be nice, don't mind some Chongs but the most important thing to me is Gorou constellations, hopefully things will go well

So did 60 wishes (pity was 10/90 50/50%)

1 Shinobu, 2 Chongs (now C5) and most importantly 3 Gorous that's C4 now

The Bonus DEF is nice and healing bonus is very welcome

Quite happy tbh. Result pretty good overall

Pejo

So did 60 wishes (pity was 10/90 50/50%)

1 Shinobu, 2 Chongs (now C5) and most importantly 3 Gorous that's C4 now

The Bonus DEF is nice and healing bonus is very welcome

Quite happy tbh. Result pretty good overall
Congrats, that's not a bad haul. Still can't believe you were targeting Gorou on that banner though.
kr6KO7Y.png

But do I want those empty spots in my roster...? Only missing Ayato, Shinobu, and Itto...
Hah! The whale experience right here.

Itto will save the banner day because looks like Shinobu is bad?
Is Itto even that popular? I know a few people like him in this thread but not sure about the general population. I'd never go for him since he's so inflexible with his teams.

SSfox

Congrats, that's not a bad haul. Still can't believe you were targeting Gorou on that banner though.
kr6KO7Y.png
Thanks!!

Full Geo team is one of my main team, Gorou constellations are pretty good, and C6 give +40 GRIT DMG geo when 4 characters are geo. I mean if you don't use full geo teams that's another story, but if you do Gorou is simply a must and you need to buff him as much as you can

Fake

Is Itto even that popular? I know a few people like him in this thread but not sure about the general population. I'd never go for him since he's so inflexible with his teams.

Is he the Waifu counter-part? I guess this make him popular, not to mention reddit.

Pejo

Man it's painful being in the US in Genshin-GAF. I feel like I'm always the last person to get a banner.

In looking at Shinobu, C4 is the goal (C6 adds very little and is sort of a shitty effect, if I'm being honest), but C2 is what makes her usable as an electro applicator/healer. I'm going to see what I can get in 60 pulls so I don't venture into soft pity range. C2 would be nice but I'm realistic. Even getting a single copy is enough for me to test out a few team comps with her, and wait for a better banner to chase constellations if I end up liking her. If only she would have been featured on the Yelan banner....

What are you guys thinking for Shinobu's sword btw?

Looks like Iron Sting, Festering Desire, Favonius Sword are all decent options. I don't think she really needs the extra energy recharge, but with Favonius she could also help charge the party's bursts.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, I stayed under pity, got C1 Shinobu. Good enough for now. It makes no sense that she uses the mecha snake boss's materials, other than it just being the "new" boss. I was kinda hoping it'd be Thunder Manifestation since I haven't fought that in a minute. Her Electro application is what I was hoping for, it does great for proc'ing Superconduct in either my Rosaria or Eula teams, and provides some room for different team comps for them. Nothing flashy, but a solid unit that fills a niche that I needed, so I'm happy. Somehow I missed reading that using her elemental skill also eats part of her HP like Hu Tao, but since she's a healer it's more just annoying to deal with than a real danger to strategy. Why the fuck does MHY have to fuck up at least ONE little thing with all of their new 4* characters?

*edit*

Seems like 4pc Millelith is good for her. Nothing else strikes me as a better fit. Maybe she could be your Noblesse unit, but her burst isn't very good or easy to fit into rotations. 2pc Wanderer's/2pc Thundering Fury might be ok if you're going for elemental skill damage. Maybe if you really depend on those heals, you could make use of those 2000 Maiden's Beloved spares you got while farming VV sets.

Last edited:

deanote666

It makes no sense that she uses the mecha snake boss's materials, other than it just being the "new" boss.

True but that's been the only pattern behind new materials unless I'm missing something?

Why does Itto and liyue opera girl require a boss material from an Inazuma island where only a few have set foot on for hundreds of years?

Why does Ayaka and Gorou need materials from a mech in a cave underwater?

Pejo

True but that's been the only pattern behind new materials unless I'm missing something?

Why does Itto and liyue opera girl require a boss material from an Inazuma island where only a few have set foot on for hundreds of years?

Why does Ayaka and Gorou need materials from a mech in a cave underwater?
well at least the wolf lord drops Geo crystals, that they both need. If you don't have a glut of the transformation powder by now, you'd need to farm both the snake boss AND an electro boss for the gems just to ascend her. Like if a new player rolls Shinobu, that's twice the boss fights just to level up a 4*. that's why I think all characters that need boss drops should get the crystals as an option from those bosses. Even the old big lizard boss did that, it dropped Geo gems, but also random element depending on which one it spawned as. Not a huge deal, granted, but an annoying detail that they seemingly overlooked when they picked her ascension mats.

Pejo

Here's a leaked image of the new male Sumeru guy.
e0q1b9bw34791.png

*edit*

Lmao, reddit, never change.

msyXX7f.jpg

Last edited:

Fake

I noted that the sword from the archipelago is already on the honey impact.

Maybe the same base sub as the flute, but the passive is great. Finally gonna change the Traveler sword.

edit: I already looking for a Catalyst on Heizou, for the F2P zone looks like Dodoco Tales will be the best option for him. Not to mention 4-set anemo artifact.

Last edited:

Pejo

The very....*cough* dedicated people over at reddit have put together a sheet of all current character leaks and available info. It can be found here:

Here are the highlights to save you a click:
Arlecchino
▪︎ Said to be the next Harbinger to appear (non specified to be playable) - Waiting for miko

Baizhu
▪︎ Changsheng Lore in the near future - Ubatcha

Capitano
▪︎ High chance he'll be playable in the future [1] - Fish touching

Collei
▪︎ Dendro bow. Her skills have been finished and are still being tested - Uncle Y
▪︎ 4 star rarity, release 3.0 - Ubatcha
▪︎ There was an entry in the files about one of Collei Elemental Burst gadgets. - Dimbreath
▪︎ Has red gems on her chest even if she is dendro - Hxg_Diluc
▪︎ Forest patrol member who tries very hard to appear normal to others. Pale skin tone, she has the "girl" model. Her hair has grown past her shoulders and she wears a green shawl over a short black dress, asymmetrical stockings and short black heels. The outfit has cute ornaments with a color scheme of black > gold > yellow/orange. This fanart was rated 8.5/10 on accuracy [2] - SYP

Cyno
▪︎ Electro polearm, release after 3.0 - Ubatcha
▪︎ Release 3.1 - MrX

Djajeet
▪︎ Named Djajeet [3] - Fish touching

Dori
▪︎ Named Dori [4] - Fish touching

Dottore
▪︎ Apparently he will be playable [5] - Hxg_Diluc

Ikhfa
▪︎ Named Ikhfa [6] - Fish touching

Kusanali/Dendro Archon
▪︎ Loli, hair color white with a bit of Grey, attire similar to Paimon's skirt clothing. Similar to this image but the body type of a female child model with a few more details. May release in 3.2 (or 3.1 even) - Uncle DD
▪︎ Hair similar to this image but the clothes are completely different. Description of the character by DD seems accurate [7] - SYP
▪︎ Appears to be an "hikikomori" - Ubatcha
▪︎ Appears to have a new model from the previously stated one, slightly taller than the female child but slightly shorter than teen model - Tangzhu_tz
▪︎ Kusanali design: she carries a small magical staff, grey+whiteish hair, three piece of flower on the left side of her head clothing is very flowery pattern. Face looks like Theresa Apocalypse from Honkai. Gacha art suggests curious and playful/mischievous personality - [idk who but comes from this post]

Layla
▪︎ Named Layla [8] - Fish touching

Nafs
▪︎ Named Nafs [9] - Fish touching

Nahida
▪︎ Confirmed via data [10]

Nilou
▪︎ Teen female model - ProjectC
▪︎ Hydro, red hair with horns on her head - Uncle Bao
▪︎ Hydro teen female with long hair [11] - Hxg_Diluc
▪︎ Hydro girl that is both a dancer and a healer, with horns similar in shape to Azhdaha's but of a different color. Skin tone pale, red hair. She uses the teen female model - SYP
▪︎ Probably the hydro 5 star with release around Cyno's (after 3.0) - Ubatcha

Scaramouche
▪︎ Release in 3.2 [12] - Uncle DD
▪︎ 5 star catalyst user. Release either in 3.1 or 3.2. He seem to be a main DPS using transformative reactions - MrX
▪︎ Banner will arrive after the 2022 genshin anniversary, around the end of Sumeru - Uncle A

Soutine
▪︎ Named Soutine - Fish touching

Su (expy)
▪︎ The Su Expy it's not called Su and he won't be playable in 3.0 [13] - Ubatcha
▪︎ Genshin Su is very different from Honkai Su. Genshin’s Su has a more serious temperament. Su in Honkai is quite gentle, and his art features him with a small smile. Genshin’s Su doesn’t speak with a smile. In terms of design, it seems he features lots of peacock green elements, gold patterns, dendro gemstones embedded in gold jewelry where his collarbone is, and lots of black, gold, and teal/green. There does not seem to be white in his design, but his hair is a gradient from grey to white. In Honkai, his hair is exclusively grey. It seems that his design is very elaborate [14] - Uncle bao
▪︎ Su is the next Honkai character that will have a Genshin counterpart. Su's hair is tied up. From the front the length of his hair cannot be seen. This fanart seems to share similarities to Su original art. In particular, the tight high-collared black shirt, the dark blue belt, and the chosen colors are very similar. The pairing of dark blue and peacock green is also correct. The original art has more musculature, especially in the abdomen. His hair is still grey to white. Su appears to be well built. A pic close to the concept is this one, even if he seems a bit thinner compared to the pic. The concept in this art is also very close to the original. Su's tight shirt consists of two black garments put together, with a left one thinner and the right one thicker. The design is similar to this picture but instead of the red color it's dark black, and the black color of the pic it's a light black/dark gray. He doesn't have as many muscles as the ones shown in the pic. The ranking of musculature would be Itto > Su > Thoma since Su seems to be more on Itto's side. This fanart is very close to the original with the exceptions of the dendro gems which are of diamond/rhombus shape on his chest. These gems are not his vision but they are similar to Zhongli's gem on his chest. [15] Also this fanart seems to be very close. Su's original design also has golden embroidery on his black clothes [16] - Hxg_Diluc
▪︎ Tall male model with pale skin-tone called Sumeru scholar/scribe. He has a new outfit with lots of shades of teal complemented by black and and pale gold, but keeping a diagonal overcoat (left shoulder to right waist) similar to his Honkai design. He also wears a black high-collar sleeveless undershirt that might be slightly translucent under his torso. Hair length unknown, but grey with sweeping bags and seafoam accents/underside. His eyes are a pale blue-green with orange pupils narrow in shape (like Zhongli's or Ayato's), with red liner. This fanart was rated 8/10 on accuracy based on this description. About this picture, the shirt fabric and the cut are very similar to the original. It will look closer if you remove the trim and add the rest of the shirt and the turtleneck collar in solid black. This fanart was rated as 8.5/10 in accuracy, lacking only Su's big long coat. The hair has two separate colors, with a base hair color of grey-white but pale-green on the underside (similar to Itto's bangs that are red on the underside). [17] His coat blocks off his whole silhouette from the rear view like Itto. [18] Su also seems to be an important character [speculation based on this post] - SYP
▪︎ A leaked puzzle piece image of Su appeared. Hxg_Diluc said that the picture is real. This was also confirmed by Ubatcha [19] and SYP. [20]
▪︎ A complete version of the Su's picture appeared.
▪︎ Su design may be changed because of the leaked images. The changes will be probably be minor like every beta character [speculation] [21] - Ubatcha

Tighnari
▪︎ 5 star bow dendro male. Has long ears. He'll release in 3.0 [22] - Ubatcha
▪︎ Pale or peach/tan leaning skin tone (inconclusive). Dendro, short male model with a poofy tail. Difficult to describe the type of animal he is. He wears long shorts with laced boots, a long shoulder cape colored with a gradient of bright greens. He also has dark, short and straight hair with two lime green stripes in his bangs. He is reported to be an expert botanist. Compared to this fanart Tighnari appears to have ears taller and rounder/more towards the top of the head and the tail is one big floof [23] - SYP
▪︎ He appears to wear cropped pants. (?) His skin tone appears to be similar to this one (olive? Light tan) - Hxg_Diluc
▪︎ Some data mentioning a Tighnari Story Quest were added to the game data - ProjectC

Yaoyao
▪︎ She'll release after 3.0 [24] - Uncle im1urDaddy

Electro female child (?)
▪︎ One character that appears to be an electro female child. Cryo-colored despite being electro - Hxg_Diluc

Hydro tall lady (?)
▪︎ One character that appears to be a Hydro tall lady. She isn't Nilou. She appears to have Egyptian elements in her design and the closest thing to the original design may be Cleopatra [25] - Hxg_Diluc
▪︎ Not Nilou. Tall female body type, dark-skinned. Navy hair in twin tails that reach just past her chest. Purple/gold heterochromia. Has golden accessories with an ankh as a collar pendant. Crescent moon motifs. Flowy clothing, Tummy and legs exposed. Hydro (not sure). Weapon type unknown. [26] Her design reminds me of looking at the night sky. Low twin tails, just past chest-length, similar to this. She may have a third, longer part of her hair hidden behind her. Can't be said for sure. [27] Compared to this fanart she appears to have more fabric to the layers she wears and she's slightly more covered up. She gives similar vibes to the aforementioned art, especially for the starry gradient pattern of the inner lining of the wrap around her waist - SYP

Pyro tall lady (?)
▪︎ One character that appears to be a Pyro tall lady. Rarity unknown - Hxg_Diluc
▪︎ Peach/tan leaning skin tone similar to this art. [28] Appears to have cat ears (?) and a pyro vision - SYP

Notes:
▪︎ Character with ears similar to Klee's, bow user - Ubatcha
▪︎ Two 5 stars [Maybe one is Tighnari; speculation] and one 4 star (Collei) for 3.0 [29] - Ubatcha
▪︎ Sumeru characters seem to have lots of Egyptian elements in their design [30] - Hxg_Diluc
▪︎ Sumeru characters seem to have many animal like features - Ubatcha
▪︎ We will meet a new playable fatui Harbinger - Ubatcha
▪︎ A male 5 star character (Maybe Su?) should be released in 3.0 [31] - Uncle DD
▪︎ The characters seem to be ideated especially around the new dendro reactions - Ubatcha
▪︎ 3.0 should see the release of a 5 star Cryo DPS - MrX [32]

Top Bottom