• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

LordOfChaos

22ietsplb3t51.png

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
How the fuck are you guys already past AR 36? I'm level 34 and I play like 3 hours of this game a day.

How the fuck are you guys already past AR 36? I'm level 34 and I play like 3 hours of this game a day.
I've been spending most of my time exploring, finding and doing side quests, and also my dailies. Well, and the event quests this week. I only hit AR29 today, and I haven't even started the Liyue main story quest line yet.

On the up side, I pulled 2 more Fischl today so I've now gotten her to C4. This is one excessively powerful chuuni. I think I'm done pulling for now, I won't pull again until there's a Keqing banner.

Last edited:

Wunray

31 and I'm gonna go slow for now, don't care about leveling up world until I'm stuck on materials.

Once a week. Better with coop though.
😐 Only once a week? That's tough, given his drops he should at least be once a day. You can fight him in coop? And here I was suffering by myself until I found out on the second stage of the fight his ai is bugged when you stand in a certain spot.

Last edited:
He hits hard if you can't figure out his attacks, and you can only do it solo.
You can co-op the wolf and the dragon but I can't imagine why you would, both are extremely easy boss fights once you've done it once or twice and have learned the patterns. The dragon is identical to his story version, the wolf does add a second phase but it's the most basic and rudimentary boss mechanics imaginable for PC and PS4 players, remember that this game is meant to be playable using on-screen controls on mobiles.

But don't worry about difficulty, they never held back on that with Honkai even though that one's also on mobiles. You'll get your real challenge soon enough if that's what you're after.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Is the event region locked or something? It doesn't appear in my game at all. I have no extra quests in the battlepass menu or anything.

Xanine

Neo Member
Is the event region locked or something? It doesn't appear in my game at all. I have no extra quests in the battlepass menu or anything.
You have to talk to Timmious at the alchemy table in Mondstat. He should give you the location for where you can do the event.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

You have to talk to Timmious at the alchemy table in Mondstat. He should give you the location for where you can do the event.
Ah, I see, where was this information though? It wasn't in the letter, it just told me to got to the battlepass menu and check the quests.

MagnesG

Banned
You can co-op the wolf and the dragon but I can't imagine why you would, both are extremely easy boss fights once you've done it once or twice and have learned the patterns. The dragon is identical to his story version, the wolf does add a second phase but it's the most basic and rudimentary boss mechanics imaginable for PC and PS4 players, remember that this game is meant to be playable using on-screen controls on mobiles.

But don't worry about difficulty, they never held back on that with Honkai even though that one's also on mobiles. You'll get your real challenge soon enough if that's what you're after.
It can get tricky though if your dps is low, you just make more mistakes over time.

masterkajo

I've been spending most of my time exploring, finding and doing side quests, and also my dailies. Well, and the event quests this week. I only hit AR29 today, and I haven't even started the Liyue main story quest line yet.

On the up side, I pulled 2 more Fischl today so I've now gotten her to C4. This is one excessively powerful chuuni. I think I'm done pulling for now, I won't pull again until there's a Keqing banner.
Coming in this thread just out of curiosity, reading this comment, I don't know what the fuck is going on :pie_grinning_sweat:

Coming in this thread just out of curiosity, reading this comment, I don't know what the fuck is going on :pie_grinning_sweat:

Welcome.

Dailies - daily quests that give you a little bit of currency for the slot machine that can unlock various characters and weapons.
AR29 - Adventure rank 29. Think games that won't allow you to do other story missions until you've done more side quests.
Liyue - The second major area of the game.
C4 - Constellation rank 4. When you unlock a character you already have, they gain new abilities though the constellation system.
Banner - a limited time slot machine with better odds of getting the character featured on the banner.
Other words - names of characters.

The game is pretty good about explaining most of this, but I can understand it looking confusing for someone who hasn't played.

Compsiox

Banned
Please god let this game set a new standard for mobile games. I know it's on all platforms but I hope phone gamers start to expect more from these money grubbing companies that are running things on mobile.

Last edited:

Compsiox

Banned
I know it came out like 4 years ago but could Breath of the Wild not had a more lively world on Switch if Genshin pulls this off on Mobile?

The world of BOTW felt barren compared to Genshin where the world is living and breathing and there's always something interesting around every corner.

This kind of makes me wonder, did Nintendo give Zelda the budget it deserves or was a very lively world not a part of their vision?

Last edited:

anothertech

Hey guys, for any rerollers out there, did you just go to ar5 point and reroll, or did you go all the way to ar10 and reroll? ar10 seems to take a long time for a reroll.

Any tips? Happy journey lol :D

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Haven't followed this thread at but people are still talking about this one in my circles I follow. SO FINE ILL DOWNLOAD IT.

But mainly the cross save is why I am gonna give it a go.

Saber

Gold Member
Haven't followed this thread at but people are still talking about this one in my circles I follow. SO FINE ILL DOWNLOAD IT.

But mainly the cross save is why I am gonna give it a go.

It's ok dude, give it a go.
The best thing is that this game is free. If you don't like for whatever reason you just quit, no hard feelings or money spend.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Now that some time has passed since release, what is everyone's opinion of the game? Worth playing if you don't plan to spend any money?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hit AR26 this morning after unlocking world rank 2. I'm still struggling to find character ascension materials, like for Jean I need three of these crystal thingies that require fighting a level 40+ anemo butterfly boss thing, I've fought a few of them but no items yet. Of course, the mostly worthless traveler gets everything they need handed to them on a silver platter. I did another 10x wish this morning and got all weapons and the 4* weapon was a repeat :(

Speaking of weapons, anybody have any 5 star weapons? Do such things exist? I imagine they're beastly, considering the stark difference between my 4* and 3* weapons (avg. 38 atk vs 178 atk). I've unlocked enough 4* weapons via pulls and crafting prototypes that my entire main party (Jean, Fischl, Xiangling, and Chongyun) all do pretty decent damage even though they're currently locked at level 40.

Xanine

Neo Member
Speaking of weapons, anybody have any 5 star weapons? Do such things exist?
Yes, the Weapon Event Wish banner's 5 stars are all weapons, and the Standard Wish banner has a mix of characters and weapons in the 5 star pool. The Character Event Wish banner, however, only has characters in the 5 star pool.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Hit AR26 this morning after unlocking world rank 2. I'm still struggling to find character ascension materials, like for Jean I need three of these crystal thingies that require fighting a level 40+ anemo butterfly boss thing, I've fought a few of them but no items yet. Of course, the mostly worthless traveler gets everything they need handed to them on a silver platter. I did another 10x wish this morning and got all weapons and the 4* weapon was a repeat :(

Speaking of weapons, anybody have any 5 star weapons? Do such things exist? I imagine they're beastly, considering the stark difference between my 4* and 3* weapons (avg. 38 atk vs 178 atk). I've unlocked enough 4* weapons via pulls and crafting prototypes that my entire main party (Jean, Fischl, Xiangling, and Chongyun) all do pretty decent damage even though they're currently locked at level 40.
yes i got a 5 star gold spell book from gacha pull. they cost more resources to ascend (about double)

Trogdor1123

Logged in last night for the first time and almost at the first city but I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong. Should I spend all my gold on leveling right away?

Saber

Gold Member
Logged in last night for the first time and almost at the first city but I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong. Should I spend all my gold on leveling right away?

If you do have your mains, I suggest you greatly invest in those 2 first and use then to farm itens and mora for the rest of your team. If you try leveling them all the same time, you could either lack mora or ascend materials eventually.

My suggestion is level the protagonist to about 15, or just keep with the levels of the enemies you're fighting. Then do your first 20 pulls on the beginner banner and get Noelle and your random character. Then play around with everyone and decide who you want your main damage dealer to be. Consider watching some character overviews and a tier video or two. Once you've decided, hit level 20 with your main DPS, and after that only level them enough to keep up with enemy levels while you maybe pull other characters and then make a real decision on who you want your main DPS character to be. You really only need to be concerned once you're going past 20 and ascending your characters.

Saber

Gold Member
Eh, I don't think this is much of an issue early game, I'd say you could safely level any character you get to 20 and not worry about hurting yourself later.

I'm thinking more about late game. Even if a player ends up not using much of ascending materials(or have trouple with boss and resins spends), they can aways use alchemy. Also, trading sigils for ascending materials is a sweet option as well.

Trogdor1123

My suggestion is level the protagonist to about 15, or just keep with the levels of the enemies you're fighting. Then do your first 20 pulls on the beginner banner and get Noelle and your random character. Then play around with everyone and decide who you want your main damage dealer to be. Consider watching some character overviews and a tier video or two. Once you've decided, hit level 20 with your main DPS, and after that only level them enough to keep up with enemy levels while you maybe pull other characters and then make a real decision on who you want your main DPS character to be. You really only need to be concerned once you're going past 20 and ascending your characters.
This will make sense as I get further in i assume?

Fake

I highly recommend, before choise your favorite char to be your main/lvl up, to first check the combat style and most important the element.

You can get stuck in some challenges if you stick with same char elements. Elemental reaction its what this game all about.

Moochi

I got my first legendary accessory drop from the wolf boss, put it on Fischl, leveled it to 20, and almost tripled my attack value. Legendaries are no joke.

Welcome.

Dailies - daily quests that give you a little bit of currency for the slot machine that can unlock various characters and weapons.
AR29 - Adventure rank 29. Think games that won't allow you to do other story missions until you've done more side quests.
Liyue - The second major area of the game.
C4 - Constellation rank 4. When you unlock a character you already have, they gain new abilities though the constellation system.
Banner - a limited time slot machine with better odds of getting the character featured on the banner.
Other words - names of characters.

The game is pretty good about explaining most of this, but I can understand it looking confusing for someone who hasn't played.

I was reading this waiting for you to get to your explanation of chuuni and was very sad that you decided to skip that one

Last edited:
K9tcm0m.jpg

First wish. Is this good start??

Question: Should I lvl up only one character first or all of them even??

Yes, it's a good start. The girl in the middle you get no matter what. The one on the left is just okay, but the one on the right is arguably the best four star support character in the game.

You should always keep your main damage dealer higher leveled than your other three characters. They're on the field more, so they're the ones who will need to do most of the damage with their main attacks. The rest you can just take out for a second, use their special ability, and then go back to your main DPS character.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Loving it still.
AR 30 currently
Battle Pass level 33
6 level 50 characters
4 level 40 4 star weapons
2 level 40 5 star weapons
85% of my artifact sets are +15

I have 12 characters in total.
3 5stars.

Play way too many hours a day still. Mostly at night after work I put in 3 - 5 hours. Spend about 30 min every AM doing a few dailies so I can close out the night with a BP level up.

Top Bottom