• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Everything is gated at some point. Stormterror is once per week too.
Eh? I fought him twice in a week and got no fucking reward lol. They didn't even stop me to tell me fighting him gave me nothing the fight just started.

K9tcm0m.jpg

First wish. Is this good start??

Question: Should I lvl up only one character first or all of them even??
Fish is good. You should be able to get her again for cons level up. Red girl is meh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tygeezy

Are people here mostly playing this on mobile, pc or ps4? I love that it has gyro controls on mobile, but you cant adjust gyro sensitivity... It's way too low for my liking.

Saber

Gold Member
K9tcm0m.jpg

First wish. Is this good start??

Question: Should I lvl up only one character first or all of them even??

Yes. One is aways garanteed(Noelle). The other two are at random.

Those are 2 eletric elemental characters: one is an archer and the other one is a two-handed sword user.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are people here mostly playing this on mobile, pc or ps4? I love that it has gyro controls on mobile, but you cant adjust gyro sensitivity... It's way too low for my liking.
I've been playing on the PS4 Pro but somewhat regret that since I wish I could pick up my save on mobile like PC users can.

Also the PC release has ultrawide support, I bet that looks nice.

Tygeezy

I've been playing on the PS4 Pro but somewhat regret that since I wish I could pick up my save on mobile like PC users can.

Also the PC release has ultrawide support, I bet that looks nice.
Yeah, I think im going to install this on my pc and maybe use steam controller since you can use custom maps and have gyroscope. I can just switch between my iphone x and pc.

Pejo

Well, I finished the event grind yesterday, today I've only been running the gold leylines with resin. Banked about 400k Mora so far. Tomorrow I'm going to run nothing but bosses to get some more ascension materials. I hit AR37 and realized I'm quickly approaching AR40, when my world level is going to hit 5 with no input from me, so I need to get at least one team prepared for that. 3 to 4 was a bigger jump than I was prepared for, honestly, and it's made farming this stuff more of a chore than I'd hoped. I especially dread fighting the water boss now, because of the inflation of stats of the water animals in that fight. The cubes and the vines are still super easy, but I'm not digging the increase in difficulty of the water boss and the wolf.

Anyways, I've been leveling and building out Ningguang, and I'm constantly impressed with her. Super strong burst damage, great survivability, nice defensive skills too. I think people are sleeping on her quite a bit right now. She solo'd the eletro cube in just a few minutes for me today, it was much easier than past strategies.

Also, she's top 5 waifu in a game full of them.

Ltobyq3.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man the game is really freaking huge.

I already thought it was big but when the game tells you to explore and allows you to leave Monstadt region, only then you get a sense of it's scope.

The more I play this the more kudos I give to the developer. They're really nailed it for a F2P game.

This is Breath of the wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 legit son.

Currently running Venti, Qiqi and Xiangling. I combine them with main character for now, since I feel the need to have him on party while doing the narrative.

Without him, its Venti, Qiqi, Xiangling and Fischl.

Last edited:
Currently running Venti, Qiqi and Xiangling. I combine them with main character for now, since I feel the need to have him on party while doing the narrative.

You don't you know. If you do a story mission without the main character as one of the four in your team, they just pop out every time they're needed for the plot. They're still considered to be "with you" at all times.

manfestival

About to hit AR 23. At what point does the story end? I am in the first chapter. That prologue stuff was surprisingly long. I have been playing it roughly 1 hour a day so no rush.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
You don't you know. If you do a story mission without the main character as one of the four in your team, they just pop out every time they're needed for the plot. They're still considered to be "with you" at all times.

Didn't know that. But I actually kind of dig Traveler. I know he is low on tier list, maybe a C level, but I like playing with him.

Even more, considering he can switch elements.

Last edited:

d[-_-]b

Banned
Got trash luck in the wishes, not a single 5-star weapon, I got Lisa twice? Outside of the bad luck with the Gacha crap, the game was fun, exploring, and trying to get every amenoculus and geoculus I see. I usually run Amber/Fischl for overload combo, with Traveler running Anemo and Noelle for mining. I just ran a "temple" for making the World Level 2, With Traveler (Anemo), Amber, Kaeya, and Barbara, for the first time the game felt like a chore. The low DPS was the biggest meh for me.

Got trash luck in the wishes, not a single 5-star weapon, I got Lisa twice? Outside of the bad luck with the Gacha crap, the game was fun, exploring, and trying to get every amenoculus and geoculus I see. I usually run Amber/Fischl for overload combo, with Traveler running Anemo and Noelle for mining. I just ran a "temple" for making the World Level 2, With Traveler (Anemo), Amber, Kaeya, and Barbara, for the first time the game felt like a chore. The low DPS was the biggest meh for me.

You probably weren't ready yet if the game felt like a chore. And even if you can't pull a good DPS before them, you can always eventually get Xiang from Spiral Abyss and make her your DPS. She's way better than Amber for that task. If you have a level 40 character with some decent attack oriented artifacts and a weapon you've ascended at least once, you should be able to unlock Xiang.

MagnesG

Banned
Even if I got another meta character at this point I'm not sure I got enough mora/resins to spend and farm.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
About to hit AR 23. At what point does the story end? I am in the first chapter. That prologue stuff was surprisingly long. I have been playing it roughly 1 hour a day so no rush.
36 until the whatever patch happens (maybe) in Nov 11.

Tygeezy

It doesn't allow controller support tho right? I hate touch screen controls lol
Im not sure, i haven't had any issues with the touch control to be honest. It feels a little like using steam controller with touch pads and gyroscope for bow. touch screen is so much better than right thumb stick for camera and muscle memory has taken over for the digital buttons and left digital joystick.

Ive done 20 or so wishes on the Venti banner and no Venti. Got Barbara and Fischl but I read Barbara you can get at explorer level 20 or something like that anyway? And Fischl is supposed to have an event where you can also get her?? So blaaaah. At least I got them early I guess. Fischl is fun at least.

I really wanted Venti though. Is she going to be gone from the game in 2 days with no way to get her unless they bring her back?

I wish I had started playing sooner so I could have gotten at least 90 wishes in time and gotten a guaranteed 5 star/50% chance at Venti.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Ive done 20 or so wishes on the Venti banner and no Venti. Got Barbara and Fischl but I read Barbara you can get at explorer level 20 or something like that anyway? And Fischl is supposed to have an event where you can also get her?? So blaaaah. At least I got them early I guess. Fischl is fun at least.

I really wanted Venti though. Is she going to be gone from the game in 2 days with no way to get her unless they bring her back?

I wish I had started playing sooner so I could have gotten at least 90 wishes and a guaranteed 5 star/50% chance at Venti.

the banner is not worth it if you don't want venti, barbara and xian are free and fischi will be free too, also with 20 wishes you must be really lucky to get him i did several reroll i got 2 accounts with venti.

Pejo

I wish I had started playing sooner so I could have gotten at least 90 wishes in time and gotten a guaranteed 5 star/50% chance at Venti.
Venti is a boy.

Getting dupes of characters is actually good because it unlocks their constellations, which makes them stronger. Fischl will probably never leave your team, she's that good.

Mossybrew

Venti is a boy.
Getting dupes of characters is actually good because it unlocks their constellations, which makes them stronger.

Seriously, I'm at the point where when I roll a wish I'm hoping for a dupe for my main team, not a new character. My team are almost all level 50 and at this point getting a new character up to speed would suck up a lot of resources.

MagnesG

Banned
Seriously, I'm at the point where when I roll a wish I'm hoping for a dupe for my main team, not a new character. My team are almost all level 50 and at this point getting a new character up to speed would suck up a lot of resources.
Yeah pretty much sums up my thought. Though I do want another anemo characters for movement buffs.

the banner is not worth it if you don't want venti, barbara and xian are free and fischi will be free too, also with 20 wishes you must be really lucky to get him i did several reroll i got 2 accounts with venti.
Yeah I'm on PS4 so I imagine I could keep making PSN accounts but not worth the time I wouldn't think to reroll. I'll either get him or not. I'll just be sure the next character that comes along I'll be ready for so I don't miss out.

Last edited:

Silvawuff

F2P club here. It's got some real scope, but the bottleneck is pretty apparent with 4+ characters to level, artifacts, weapons, talents, the list goes on...It's fun just running around and there's a lot to do.

My comp is Chongyun, Traveler, Xiangling and Fischl. Fischl in particular is an absolute beast. I pulled her twice and that first constellation unlock like doubles her DPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Fully maxing out Fish is worth it.

So... How much money did you spend on this game? :messenger_grinning_smiling:
HUf4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Still hoping for more characters here. I pulled a 5 star bow early on, but still don't have any bow characters besides Amber. I keep pulling Barbara, she's buffed up now, but that's not solving my problems. I just need a bit more flexibility.

Still hoping for more characters here. I pulled a 5 star bow early on, but still don't have any bow characters besides Amber. I keep pulling Barbara, she's buffed up now, but that's not solving my problems. I just need a bit more flexibility.

I believe a Fischl event was leaked a little while back, so there's a good chance you'll be able to unlock her with effort rather than luck.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You'll get a Fish by the next update.

Xisiqomelir

I'm still struggling to find character ascension materials, like for Jean I need three of these crystal thingies that require fighting a level 40+ anemo butterfly boss thing, I've fought a few of them but no items yet.

This one?

latest

You can fuse the little crappy fragments

latest

together to make them at a 3:1 rate at an Alchemy crucible and you probably have enough since you said you've been running the boss a bit.

LOLCats

Banned
thanks guys, confirmed my thoughts, as much as i like her character upgrades for Amber are seemingly not great. my xiangling is a crazy girl since ive gotten 2 dupes plus the event. so ill get razor for extra dps against fire bosses.

also my psn uid is 604731285 if anyone wants to team up to kill an oceanid...

Last edited:
Top Bottom