• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

So when you need to do the AR quest to keep ranking up, you can continue to collect AR exp even past the AR level you're at and level up 5 levels at once when you do do the AR rank up quest?

Right. If you're not ready, there's no need to rush.

All of them. There's a lot. And since it's a gacha and I know how they work, I don't really want to waste anything.
Primogem, Genesis Crystals, Stardust, Intertwined Fate... I can't even remember all the currencies I saw while playing so far. It's confusing. Is there a guide somewhere that examines all of them with tips on how to use them without wasting them?

Going back to this, I reworked the OP a little bit to make it easier to find resource info.

Well I'm on wish number 71 for pity with my account that has Diluc from the beginners banner. Reaallllly hoping for eithe Childe or Keqing. Qiqi would be fine...anyone else and I'm going to cry I think. I think I want Childe most just because he won't be here for long and I don't have a Bow user yet. I'll be able to get Fischl for free soon...but I think I'd rather have Childe and Fischl.

Trying to decide if I should buy a few wishes or just keep playing and get there in a week or so. I'll probably end up buying some lol.

Last edited:
Well I'm on wish number 71 for pity with my account that has Diluc from the beginners banner. Reaallllly hoping for eithe Childe or Keqing. Qiqi would be fine...anyone else and I'm going to cry I think. I think I want Childe most just because he won't be here for long and I don't have a Bow user yet. I'll be able to get Fischl for free soon...but I think I'd rather have Childe and Fischl.

Trying to decide if I should buy a few wishes or just keep playing and get there in a week or so. I'll probably end up buying some lol.

No, that's how they get you. Over $25 for a single 10 pull. At the very least wait until the last day before deciding to do something like that, finish the storyline, and watch some videos of the next leaked banner character. Unless you REALLY want Childe, you can do some research into both characters when the new banner is about to begin. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
That daendro hili mage is very dangerous right now, since burning basically saps more than half of your health, thanks to them correcting his daendro enchanting effect.

Last edited:
I dont know if my game is glitched or what but how are you supposed to see your reputation for Mondstadt? I'm going to Hertha and she just has 2 options (tell me a little about yourself or Mm. See you around, then), neither of which shows me my reputation.

Edit: I'm adventure rank 24. It looks like I may have to be 25 for it to unlock.

Last edited:

Jedge

If you've been pulling on the intertwined fate banner (which should be the beginners banner) for characters, after pull 76-90 is when you are guaranteed Childe. (edit: the pity system)
I would argue he uses his melee form more than his bow.

Soon.....

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm really glad you can co-op the new Childe fight for the weekly rewards, it's actually kinda fun doing co-op there. I'm making good progress on strengthening my characters, just unbound a ton of weapons today running the 2 weapon ascension domains. Childe is such a fun character to play, and it got way better after his level 70 ascension. Now I can actually apply riptide without using aimed shots, and his AoE damage is crazy good in tight groups. Can't wait until we get the full hydro damage bonus artifact sets next patch. I'm also getting pretty good at swapping Beidou in for counters too, it's a really satisfying way to play. She's still a good 30 levels behind the things I'm fighting though, so if her shield gets broken she pretty much gets shit on, even if she perfect counters. Had a pretty good laugh when I proc'd a counter and exploded a bunch of barrels, killing her in the process.

Also, found out that if you're building artifacts and don't want to level intermediate ones, you can get a lot of bang for your buck on the feather of whatever set you're using. I guess the flat attack is added in before the %s are calculated, so it's actually a pretty big overall attack boost to just level that one up ahead of the rest. That also made me look at ascending/leveling weapons a little differently, as it's a bit bigger of a priority than I was considering.

I'm going to hold off burning any more resin on xp leylines this week and spam that event, hope we get the same or better resin rates per xp book as the alchemy event. If so, I'll likely burn my moon resins and just stock up.

It seems if you do not teleport away after finishing gathering materials, they don't vanish from the world, but do vanish from the minimap. So mark them with map markers before you grab them, and then grab the rest.

Pinned You Tube comment:

Some more precise math:
AR 35 XP Leyline: average ~4.125 purple books worth of xp (82.5k XP)
AR 35 XP books from shop: 6.25 purple books (125k XP)
Ratio: shop is 1.515x a leyline for XP
AR 35 Mora Leyline: 44k
AR 35 Event shop Mora: 62.5k
Ratio: Shop is 1.42x a Mora leyline
Worth it? YES.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah, for XP seems like a decent deal. Even more for me because I'm in need of xp books since ley lines are very trashy.

Btw, do those events started already? I got nothing here.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah, for XP seems like a deal. Even more for me since I'm a need of xp books and ley lines are very trashy.

Btw, do those events started already? I got nothing here.
This game always does their timing based on local time instead of server time. Europe always gets stuff ahead of the US because of this, etc. It really threw me off when people were pulling Klee/Childe before the banner was even available for me.

Thanks for the event tips LegendOfKage LegendOfKage , I'm glad I saved my resin moons for this.

Make sure you guys still do your 4x leylines and don't collect rewards each day, you still need them for the weekly BP quest and can only do 4 a day without claiming.

BJK

I built up 10 fates for the non-limited banner, and ended up getting only one 4* weapon. Fortunately for me, it was Rust...since I needed a good weapon for Childe.

Narrowly beat the 1.1 story boss fight at AR42 this weekend...like, down to just Barb at one point narrowly. I’ve done a ton of artifact “upgrades” from 4* to 5*, which left me a bit weaker in the short-term due to lowered bonuses on the new artifacts, something I realized while struggling with Oceanid (to ascend Childe past 70).

Will have to try the new event tonight.

Pejo

Here's a little guide in case some of you can't find all the shards for today's portion of the event:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sbzuxi9.png

BlackM1st

Banned
Childe is a fucking wimp. Can't imagine myself enjoying him. Sigh, so many wasted 5 star chars design/playstyle wise for me.

On the other hand, Beidou is a freaking monster. Loved her trial stage. Reminds me my Demon Souls struggles lol If only her controls were just as responsive.

Still hate that little brat and his pigeon friends from the 1st city. Still in the search of a character that can effectively kill em all in 1 swing. Maybe Childe? Decisions, decisions...

crumbs

Childe is a fucking wimp. Can't imagine myself enjoying him. Sigh, so many wasted 5 star chars design/playstyle wise for me.

On the other hand, Beidou is a freaking monster. Loved her trial stage. Reminds me my Demon Souls struggles lol If only her controls were just as responsive.

Still hate that little brat and his pigeon friends from the 1st city. Still in the search of a character that can effectively kill em all in 1 swing. Maybe Childe? Decisions, decisions...

I just had a commission for that kid last night where you need to feed wheat to the ducks to make sure they're not messing with his pigeons. As I was feeding the ducks, I realized that I needed some poultry, so I helped the ducks into their digital afterlife. The text for completing the commission immediately changed from "Talk to Timmie" to something like "Angry Timmie" . When I spoke to him, he said he never wanted to see me again, but the commission was still complete and I received the rewards.

Fake

Man... I did so many jobs today. Commission, week reputation, the meteor event, wolf respaw, stormterror respaw.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Diluc.

Fake

You can use the hurricane skill from the main char to kill all at once. Thats my main farm.

BlackM1st

Banned
I just had a commission for that kid last night where you need to feed wheat to the ducks to make sure they're not messing with his pigeons. As I was feeding the ducks, I realized that I needed some poultry, so I helped the ducks into their digital afterlife. The text for completing the commission immediately changed from "Talk to Timmie" to something like "Angry Timmie" . When I spoke to him, he said he never wanted to see me again, but the commission was still complete and I received the rewards.
You just wait. He will snitch on you. And even after you will run a quest for making it up for him (lolwut, I only killed wild ducks) he will snitch on you AGAIN because you wasn't sincere enough. That mf...

BlackM1st

Banned
Man... I did so many jobs today. Commission, week reputation, the meteor event, wolf respaw, stormterror respaw.
My biggest gripe with a genre. You just can't move on your own pace, shit becomes your second job. Because of that you can't play 2 or more games simultaneously. It's just not enough hours in 1 day. 24 is not enough...

MagnesG

Banned
Deleted the game last night due to time constraints, I've not enjoyed doing busywork everyday just for a tiny amount of wishes for quite a while.

Gachas are not really my style of games though, so maybe for some it is enjoyable enough (new chars, pulling the new chars and wasting resources on that chars, repeat).

BlackM1st

Banned
Deleted the game last night due to time constraints, I've not enjoyed doing busywork everyday just for a tiny amount of wishes for quite a while.

Gachas are not really my style of games though, so maybe for some it is enjoyable enough (new chars, pulling the new chars and wasting resources on that chars, repeat).
Just download some high res wallpapers with your favorite characters and read wiki 4 story. You will not miss much.

Fuz

Banned
I've read there is a pity system. How does it work?

Semi related: I want Diluc, what's the best way to obtain him? ...is there a best way to obtain him?

Pejo

I've read there is a pity system. How does it work?

Semi related: I want Diluc, what's the best way to obtain him? ...is there a best way to obtain him?
Pity guarantees a 5 star by 90 pulls. People have found out that there's a soft pity around pull 75 though, so if you get to 70 pulls and no 5*, it's worth doing singles until you get one to save resources.

To get Diluc, you need 2 things - good luck and rerolling. The "normal pool" 5* characters, including Diluc, have yet to get their own rate-ups, so they're all hovering at like 0.6% chance to pull.

Reactions: Fuz

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
We're only up to China 1.1 so far.
Hmm, does that version provide COVID protection or not?

Yes. I've been playing this for the last month and all of a sudden I took an interest in the NBA and starting hating Hong Kong.
Damn, does it give you a boost on your social score or?

I am actually kind of serious, has anyone found shady shit with this game yet?

Last edited:
I am actually kind of serious, has anyone found shady shit with this game yet?

The shady shit is that it still demands from your PC all the permissions and access it demanded when it did the REALLY shady shit. That's probably better explained in the OP. If the thought of the game having level of access bothers you, I'd suggest playing on PlayStation, or waiting for the Switch version.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I played a few minutes of this on the PS5 this morning. Holy cow, it feels like an entirely different game!

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
The shady shit is that it still demands from your PC all the permissions and access it demanded when it did the REALLY shady shit. That's probably better explained in the OP. If the thought of the game having level of access bothers you, I'd suggest playing on PlayStation, or waiting for the Switch version.
I think I might wait for the switch version.

jshackles

How does this run on PS5?
As others have said already, a solid 60fps. Loading times are vastly improved, for me going from about 90 seconds on the PS4 Pro to around 15 seconds on the PS5. It might just be that my PS4 wasn't properly calibrated (and I calibrated my PS5 out of the box) but the colors look sharper to me too.

deanote666

The anti-cheat program on PC is the reason why I'm only playing on my phone.

It's a program that can see everything your computer is doing. It's bad enough Microsoft and Google are already doing it. Don't need one more.

I'd play on my PS4 if they implement a cross save with it.

Pejo

A random 5 star, I suppose. With 90 pulls - I assume it means 9 multipulls.

I hoped they'd let you chose a character with the pity, like they do with weapons in Dissidia. :messenger_pensive:
Random 5* indeed, and in the regular pool it can even be a character or a 5* weapon.

In the time-limited pool, it's guaranteed to be a 5* character, but the 2nd 5* you get is ALSO guaranteed to be the limited character featured on the banner. So an additional level of pity i guess. If you want to save for a guaranteed character, you essentially need 180 pulls or 18 multi pulls for a limited banner.

jshackles

Random 5* indeed, and in the regular pool it can even be a character or a 5* weapon.

In the time-limited pool, it's guaranteed to be a 5* character, but the 2nd 5* you get is ALSO guaranteed to be the limited character featured on the banner. So an additional level of pity i guess. If you want to save for a guaranteed character, you essentially need 180 pulls or 18 multi pulls for a limited banner.
For those keeping track at home, that's 28,800 Primogems. If you were to outright buy them with real money, that works out to around $450.00 USD.

Last edited:

crumbs

For those keeping track at home, that's 28,800 Primogems. If you were to outright buy them with real money, that works out to around $450.00 USD.

This is a good number to keep in mind when you see those Youtubers with multiple 5 star characters at max or near max constellation :messenger_grimmacing_

Pejo

This is a good number to keep in mind when you see those Youtubers with multiple 5 star characters at max or near max constellation :messenger_grimmacing_
While true, it doesn't mean your luck will always be so bad that you will hit pity for all of your 5* stuff. I have quite a few 5*s by now, and almost all of them were not even at the 75 "softcap" pity. Also, I rerolled 15~ times until I got a starting set of characters I was happy with.

crumbs

While true, it doesn't mean your luck will always be so bad that you will hit pity for all of your 5* stuff. I have quite a few 5*s by now, and almost all of them were not even at the 75 "softcap" pity. Also, I rerolled 15~ times until I got a starting set of characters I was happy with.

Totally understand. My only 5 star (Klee) came on a non-pity roll from her banner. Getting someone like Diluc can be luck, but getting multiple Dilucs to fill out most of his constellation must take luck + lots of cash.

Saber

Gold Member
I recently get Beidou, but was aiming to Keqing. While my brother got both Beidou and Keqing.

Well...not gonna make much of deal. If I got Beidou, then shes the one to be part of my team. No hard feelings.

BlackM1st

Banned
I recently get Beidou, but was aiming to Keqing. While my brother got both Beidou and Keqing.

Well...not gonna make much of deal. If I got Beidou, then shes the one to be part of my team. No hard feelings.
She's amazing gameplay wise. She's very fun to play.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Finally logged back in. I hate this meteor event or just in general collecting things. :/

A random 5 star, I suppose. With 90 pulls - I assume it means 9 multipulls.

I hoped they'd let you chose a character with the pity, like they do with weapons in Dissidia. :messenger_pensive:
Don't do that. Do pulls 1 at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong...but I don't think I am??

I take it the game basically forces you to use those books like Hero's Wit to level up? Kind of a shit system imo. I've just played the game and not used any and got to AR 25 and I'm stuck at that until I level up and can do the ascension quest I think.

I'm AR 25 but only like level 15 and in the Ascension dungeon thingy the bad guys are level 37 I think it was? I was getting my ass kicked. Kind of crap design to force you to use those books. Just playing the game should level you properly, and then the books should all be useable for extra characters. You shouldn't be forced to use them just to keep one team up with the enemies levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz
Top Bottom