• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Thanks for posting!! Where do you find these?
I usually see them on Reddit, but there's also a wiki page that shows them:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I usually see them on Reddit, but there's also a wiki page that shows them:

Thank you!!

KIm7hck.png

Alright, done with this total garbage part of this event. The entire design of these event fights for this part is absolutely fucking awful. Mihoyo thought it would be funny to spawn ranged enemies who can stand 10 miles outside of this tiny fucking grass circle and just shit on me from Celestia while I have to hug this dumb meteor and stay within 1 foot of it because if I take 1 step outside of the tiny grass fucking circle my progress bar resets to zero. So I'm in the middle here being shit on by multiple elemental reactions because I'm a Klee player and that means through just normal gameplay the whole fucking grass circle is literally on fire so I have no place to fucking stand without being overloaded repeatedly and killed by everything.

I realize this is Mihoyo's first event ever in this game but I sincerely hope someone in China is giving them feedback about how absolutely fucking retarded this encounter design is and hopefully they will improve it to be less retarded for the next event.

Saber

Gold Member
KIm7hck.png

Alright, done with this total garbage part of this event. The entire design of these event fights for this part is absolutely fucking awful. Mihoyo thought it would be funny to spawn ranged enemies who can stand 10 miles outside of this tiny fucking grass circle and just shit on me from Celestia while I have to hug this dumb meteor and stay within 1 foot of it because if I take 1 step outside of the tiny grass fucking circle my progress bar resets to zero. So I'm in the middle here being shit on by multiple elemental reactions because I'm a Klee player and that means through just normal gameplay the whole fucking grass circle is literally on fire so I have no place to fucking stand without being overloaded repeatedly and killed by everything.

I realize this is Mihoyo's first event ever in this game but I sincerely hope someone in China is giving them feedback about how absolutely fucking retarded this encounter design is and hopefully they will improve it to be less retarded for the next event.

Haha, I had a hammer fatui falling into a cliff outside of the meteor area. The progress bar went to zero because he couldn't climb back, I had to beat him out of the area.
What about the Geo fatui mage creating his shield that covers more than the area of the metorite?

We're lucky they didn't decide to put that Anemo sphere as one of challenges. If it ends up buffed, theres no way to interrupt it's aoe anemo damage in time.

Thank god I ended this event as well. That whats happenens when you throw out ideas before even testing.

Pejo

KIm7hck.png

I know you can do this solo, but it sure feels like it was meant to be done Co-op. My friends and I realized that in co-op, you only have to keep the host inside the circle, guests can come and go without resetting the bar. Makes the whole thing a lot easier.

I cleared out the shop, so I'm done with it too. This was more enjoyable for me than the Alchemy event, at least. Better rewards too. I'm sitting at around 2.8 million mora right now, and that's after doing a bunch of Artifact upgrades to +16. Wish there were more xp books in the shop.

Also, I've been reading about this a lot over the past few days, careful playing co-op right now with random players. I guess hackers are going around, flashing their 5* characters at you to incentivize you to show off your team, and then somehow hacking your account by seeing your user ID, region, and character/character levels. Thoughts for now are that they're using account recovery to hijack the accounts, and binding the account to a throwaway phone or something. Should also probably not post your User ID in public with your characters/levels until MHY addresses the problem. I already bound my account to my phone #, so I think that's probably safe, but who knows.

deanote666

Do any of the weekly boss and artifact domains change drops on different days of the week or is that just the material drop domains?

crumbs

KIm7hck.png

It was definitely a weird deign that wasn't really fun to play. It would have been a bit less annoying if they revealed what element was buffing the enemies prior to the encounter so you could tweak your team.

I had the most trouble with meteors that spawned Treasure Hoarders. The worst instance was them spawning at a meteor on a beach area and there being multiple electro ranged guys (outside of meteor zone) filling the battle space with their element. It was super easy to get juggled out of the zone between the elemental reactions + their buffed melee fighters.

I did end up with a lot of EXP books and mora, so it has that going for it.

Fake

Its quite funny how I can't spam elemental reaction on those monsters, but they do like no end on me. This event is actually an elemental reaction showcase.

Moochi

I had no difficulty soloing the lvl 75 event, but my main is machine-gun Fishcl with a ton of physical damage bonuses. I just stand there and press shoot and occasionally dash.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Got to adventure rank 28 and it's killing me. It doesn't go up. And I need 29 to keep on with the story. :messenger_expressionless:

Pejo

So I have Childe to lv 70 now, level 70 weapon, level 20 artifacts (Including a +46% hydro damage goblet), and he absolutely wrecks everything I've come across other than water abyss mage shields and water slimes. Paired with Beidou's elemental burst, he absolutely melts things like robots and stone hilichurls. I haven't had this much fun in the game since the first day. I still don't even have him or his talents maxed out, can't wait to see how crazy it gets.

Apparently the developer of this game is copyright striking you tube channels that are talking about leaked content, or content that can be found on test servers. This was one creator's response to the situation:

BlackM1st

Banned
Runs better on PS5, yeah. But ppl, you should dial back your excitement a little bit. It's a mobile game running on 60 fps on NextGen console lol. Smooth is good, but hardly a gamechanger 4 me (probably because I also have a PC).

Fake

The last event at least is not to bad in comparison with that meteor arena freakshow. Already got my rare crown and almost done with char reward.

Pejo

The last event at least is not to bad in comparison with that meteor arena freakshow. Already got my rare crown and almost done with char reward.
Are you soloing it or doing co-op? The solo version isn't difficult but is very time consuming, took me like 7 minutes to finish one.

Fake

Are you soloing it or doing co-op? The solo version isn't difficult but is very time consuming, took me like 7 minutes to finish one.

Co-op. I guess you need to becareful about the condition the quest will give. Buffing monster not only make them strong, but give them new attacks patterns you usally don't see.

Fuz

Banned
So... about the pity system....

From: https://twinfinite.net/2020/10/genshin-impact-pity-system-explained/
Pity is basically what it sounds like: when the game notices that you’ve been extremely unlucky in not receiving any high-level items (4 and 5-star items), it will take pity and guarantee you one on the next pull.

For example, again citing the game’s fandom wiki site for the exact figures, “when pulling a promotional/event banner Wish, if a player does not win a 4-star or above item 9 pulls in a row the 10th pull is guaranteed to be a 4-star or higher item.”

In the case of a 5-star character, “if a player does not win a 5-star item 89 pulls in a row the 90th pull is guaranteed to be a 5-star item. This counter will reset if the player pulls any 5-star item.”

In both cases, the counter does not transfer between wishes/banners.
Soooooo... do I understand correctly that, for example, I could do 60 pulls on the event banner, then 60 pulls on the normal banner and not get a single 5 star?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Soooooo... do I understand correctly that, for example, I could do 60 pulls on the event banner, then 60 pulls on the normal banner and not get a single 5 star?
Yes

Pejo

So... about the pity system....

From: https://twinfinite.net/2020/10/genshin-impact-pity-system-explained/

That's still a little misleading though, because the pity supposedly DOES carry over between limited banners. So like if you pulled 89 times on Klee banner and didn't get her or a 5*, your first pull on the Childe banner would have been a 5*. The pity DOES NOT carry between the standard wish banner and the limited ones though, (there are even 2 different types of wishes there).

Saber

Gold Member

Already had a feeling it would be that way.
I'm also playing on co-op and there were certain times the game didn't gave my party time to breath, respawing alot of enemies instantly.

Funny enought, I died because of daendro mage hili. He not only is more resistant to be interrupted, be he can also spam his thorn garden 2 times in a row. My character became stuck and died.
The other time was because of daendro+fire, but this combination is by far the most unbalanced effect the game have.

Even though monsters take a lot to die, its still less demanding and less frustating than the meteorite event. I hope they get feedback and never bring back that kind of event.

Fuz

Banned
That's still a little misleading though, because the pity supposedly DOES carry over between limited banners. So like if you pulled 89 times on Klee banner and didn't get her or a 5*, your first pull on the Childe banner would have been a 5*. The pity DOES NOT carry between the standard wish banner and the limited ones though, (there are even 2 different types of wishes there).
Oooooh ok. That's not too bad.

I want Diluc ffs. Tried a reroll and the 2 pulls gave me only shit. Rerolling takes too long, it's not feasible.

Last edited:

Pejo

Oooooh ok. That's not too bad.

I want Diluc ffs. Tried a reroll and the 2 pulls gave me only shit. Rerolling takes too long, it's not feasible.
I rerolled 15 times until I got one I was happy with, and I was rerolling at AR7 each time. It was a lot easier when they gave away a lot of beginner rolls pre-patch 1.1, but still time consuming.

I feel like it was worth it though, if you were targeting a specific non-limited banner 5*. Who knows when you will eventually roll a specific one, if ever.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

God, I hate switching back and forth. Thanks guys.

100% agree. I hope the devs come up with a faster way for switching MC's elemental ability. I don't currently have another anemo character outside of the MC, so it feels like I'm always finding anemo/geo construct puzzles that require the opposite of whatever the MC is resonating with.

crumbs

Ah, it was good while it lasted.
Got World Level 3.
Most of the characters are un-ascended at 40lvl and all the bosses that I need to farm for ascension materials are 50lvl+ now.
Mwahahaha.

Yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way when I did an ascension quest and ended up skipping ahead to world level 3 due to all the built up AR experience. Now I make sure to farm the bosses so that I have plenty of the the ascension materials. The "bonus" is that I've done the bosses so many times that their attack patterns are ingrained in my memory, so even if I have to face them again while under-leveled, it shouldn't be as bad.

Fuz

Banned
100% agree. I hope the devs come up with a faster way for switching MC's elemental ability. I don't currently have another anemo character outside of the MC, so it feels like I'm always finding anemo/geo construct puzzles that require the opposite of whatever the MC is resonating with.
Also an hotkey for party setup.

I got Ningguang so I'm keeping the Traveller as anemo (it's also much funnier to play).

crumbs

IIRC there are a lot of unavoidable or almost unavoidable ones...

It can be tough, the key is tightly managing stamina and watching for their tells.

It also helped to figure out which boss (or bosses) your current under-leveled team work well against and farm them first. For me is was the pyro regisvine & electro hypostatis, so worked on them and was able to ascend my pyro & electro characters, which it turn made the cryo regisvine easier. Once I got my cryo character ascended, I could tackle the Oceanid, which is always a pain in the ass.

Fuz

Banned
Btw, is there any site that lists quest in order of AR (and where to get them, when they're scattered on the map)?

Pejo

Btw, is there any site that lists quest in order of AR (and where to get them, when they're scattered on the map)?
The wiki does a decent job of getting you started.

*edit* - Just got my free Fischl. Thank goodness. That was a lot of stuff for a free 4*, but I still appreciate that they gave it out. Now I need to balance clearing out the talent book shop with the other usual weekly stuff on the battle pass. Just a week and some change until big dong Zhong. You guys rolling for him?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Just got my free Fischl. Thank goodness. That was a lot of stuff for a free 4*, but I still appreciate that they gave it out. Now I need to balance clearing out the talent book shop with the other usual weekly stuff on the battle pass. Just a week and some change until big dong Zhong. You guys rolling for him?

Not me, no. I'm pretty fine with Noelle, shes hitting hard this time(and btw she was my heroine at the stupid meteor event). Looks like the update kinda adjusted how the 4-set claymore damage bonus works, so now I can see it finnally shinning.

Besides I just move my interest to Beidou, shes doing pretty well too.

Top Bottom