• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

LOLCats

Banned
that free 50 primo gems from steel series is back it's a limited time thing so get your key if you want it. worked fine on Playstation also.

I just created a burner steelseries.com account and got a key no problem

it's one per account.. I don't know about if you've previously redeemed on a previous steelseries promo run

Last edited:

Aenima

Event with Pets is coming tomorrow i think, there will be 3 colors for the pet but you can only pick one from the event, so remember to choose the one you like the most cuz the other 2 will not be available to grab once u get the 1st one.

Fuz

Banned
Event with Pets is coming tomorrow i think, there will be 3 colors for the pet but you can only pick one from the event, so remember to choose the one you like the most cuz the other 2 will not be available to grab once u get the 1st one.
They'll probably be useless. Most likely, we'll have to activate them by equipping... and I rather have my compass equipped at all time.

that free 50 primo gems from steel series is back it's a limited time thing so get your key if you want it. worked fine on Playstation also.

I just created a burner steelseries.com account and got a key no problem

it's one per account.. I don't know about if you've previously redeemed on a previous steelseries promo run
No keys remaining

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
OR you can pull for someone like Klee and lay waste with 1 button press without any team building...
Is Klee even in rotation? Just like Childe I thought that the special 5* were out of the rotation. I pulled her during her banner but never got her again.

Last edited:

crumbs

Is Klee even in rotation? Just like Childe I thought that the special 5* were out of the rotation. I pulled her during her banner but never got her again.
You are correct, the character banner 5 stars (Venti, Klee, Childe, Zhongli) are not on the permanent or current Albedo banner. Hopefully they are added to the perm banner in the future or maybe MiHoYo will start to rerun past character banners.

Saber

Gold Member
You are correct, the character banner 5 stars (Venti, Klee, Childe, Zhongli) are not on the permanent or current Albedo banner. Hopefully they are added to the perm banner in the future or maybe MiHoYo will start to rerun past character banners.

They could start doing an exclusive banner with 4 5-star characters or more for those who couldn't pick them last time.

BlackM1st

Banned
Nah. I said someone like Klee. A character whose mechanics are similar to Klee's "press A for awesome". Hu Tao is mechanically complicated and not worth the effort of building the whole team around her.

deanote666

Has anyone at WL7 noticed any difference in drop rates from the wolf weekly boss compared to WL6?

Currently sitting at AR50, haven't upgraded my world level yet.

Fake

Has anyone at WL7 noticed any difference in drop rates from the wolf weekly boss compared to WL6?

Currently sitting at AR50, haven't upgraded my world level yet.

Differencial are minor to nothing. Not to mention AR 50 your chars reach the max level while monster will receive boost this time without you trying to keep up with their lvl scale.

BlackM1st

Banned
They'll probably be useless. Most likely, we'll have to activate them by equipping...
I hope it's not their idea of "pets". If it is, then I'm scared to see their "housing" implementation...

yif3Dak.png

Pejo

I would much rather just be able to let Paimon follow me around instead of a Seelie if they don't serve a function. I know there's a glitch to allow it to happen, but I mean officially.

Fuz

Banned
I would much rather just be able to let Paimon follow me around instead of a Seelie if they don't serve a function. I know there's a glitch to allow it to happen, but I mean officially.
AND YOU CAN SHOOT OR HACK HER TO PIECES!

I'm in.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Will pass on Ganyu as well. Stats and kit is good but I've already invested in BP weapon, mats and artifacts for Rosaria and if Rosaria is still a 4* I can likely get max constellations by time they come out. And I think the Charge Shot Cryo archer will get old really quick.

She's pretty much all the buffs Amber wishes she could get. Her E and Burst are pretty much the same but bigger, better and with added effects.

x@3f*oo_e!

And I think the Charge Shot Cryo archer will get old really quick.
Yep. Ice seems to wear off quick for me. One of the reasons I still like Amber's charged shot is they stay on fire long enough to get easily get reactions.

I also just pulled Diona week ago on a single fate and haven't even had chance to use her yet

not sure how to make ranged ice work

Dregnel

Will pass on Ganyu as well. Stats and kit is good but I've already invested in BP weapon, mats and artifacts for Rosaria and if Rosaria is still a 4* I can likely get max constellations by time they come out. And I think the Charge Shot Cryo archer will get old really quick.

She's pretty much all the buffs Amber wishes she could get. Her E and Burst are pretty much the same but bigger, better and with added effects.

nHIPP5G.png

Saber

Gold Member
it looks like they will fix the resin system with a resin pass, I guess the Chinese community are preparing their next review bombing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Haha, they aways resolves our problems by not resolving them at all. Those guys are a genius, I'm still wondering about the condensed resin and sacrificing resing to create 6 forging crystals.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yep. Ice seems to wear off quick for me. One of the reasons I still like Amber's charged shot is they stay on fire long enough to get easily get reactions.

I also just pulled Diona week ago on a single fate and haven't even had chance to use her yet

not sure how to make ranged ice work
Ganyu will be useful in any aspect that any bow character is (weak points on ruin hunter/sentinels, exploding barrells, etc), and her level 2 charge does an AoE so it's a good way to start a fight, but I picture using her for her skill and burst that are both AoE and deployable, so I can swing back to Diluc and proc melt. I'm running out of equipment that gives energy recharge though considering that usually 3/4 characters on my teams are built for this purpose.

I don't think Bow characters without a transform like Childe will ever be main DPS characters, mostly because they have 0 auto attack AoE and bosses are the only time you're really doing 1v1, which is comparatively a tiny part of the gameplay.

Resin pass is shit, in both concept and amount. If it was like 120 resin a day I'd consider it, but 40? Fuck them.

BlackM1st

Banned
Wow, extra 40? 1 extra domain run? Such generous, so wow.

Still same old drip feeding , but now you will also pay for it xD

All in all I think that direct purchasing is the way to go with F2P games.

In GI your first purchase of 6480 crystals with x2 bonus is a better offer than a few cheaper subscriptions IMO. You pay money anyway, but with direct purchases at least you feel at ease without added stress of additional reasons for daily logins.

x@3f*oo_e!

I don't think Bow characters without a transform like Childe will ever be main DPS characters, mostly because they have 0 auto attack AoE and bosses
I thought some had multi arrow shots at high constellations. Maybe that was fever dream .. well some hillichurls do so that could be an option to really increase archer's power.

crumbs

I thought some had multi arrow shots at high constellations. Maybe that was fever dream .. well some hillichurls do so that could be an option to really increase archer's power.
Amber's first constellation gives you 2 arrows on an aimed shot, but the 2nd arrow (which fires below the original arrow) only does 20% of the damage from your normal aimed shot.

Edit: Looks like Venti's first constellation also gives him 2 additional arrows on an aimed shot, fired horizontally, each at 33% damage of the main arrow.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
LSeLRD9.jpg

Most popular ads from Japanese marketing package.

Amber was the most popular among the western audience, while QiQi was the number 1 for China.

I can understand why Ning isn't a 5 - she seems to hit hard enough, but tbh is kind of clunky to play. Her basic attacks are just too slow for me (and can't be aimed - which sort of defeats the point of an archer proof jade screen when you can't hit archers without a second character)

Albedo's tower -- I've seen it lets you melee Ruin guard's weakpoints - I'd be happy to get him just for that. Replaces 75% of stuff I use archers for (also hilichurls on platforms etc)

Plunge damage needs a massive buff, just for fun, especially from extreme glider height - it should be like a mini-nuke when Noelle drops from 100m up (specifically AOE radius should increase with height imo) - wouldn't really impact challengers etc
You can make Ning attack MUCH faster by tapping any movement direction at the same time as you attack. More than doubles her attack speed. Plus she has that AoE on basic attacks with her C1

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You can make Ning attack MUCH faster by tapping any movement direction at the same time as you attack. More than doubles her attack speed. Plus she has that AoE on basic attacks with her C1
You can just hold up/forward while attacking. Works for all Catalyst users.

deanote666

Ganyu will be useful in any aspect that any bow character is (weak points on ruin hunter/sentinels, exploding barrells, etc), and her level 2 charge does an AoE so it's a good way to start a fight, but I picture using her for her skill and burst that are both AoE and deployable, so I can swing back to Diluc and proc melt. I'm running out of equipment that gives energy recharge though considering that usually 3/4 characters on my teams are built for this purpose.

I don't think Bow characters without a transform like Childe will ever be main DPS characters, mostly because they have 0 auto attack AoE and bosses are the only time you're really doing 1v1, which is comparatively a tiny part of the gameplay.

Resin pass is shit, in both concept and amount. If it was like 120 resin a day I'd consider it, but 40? Fuck them.
I have my Fischl at almost 50% crit rate and 112% crit damage with 2323 attack. Paired with Oz, she can melt mobs pretty quick. When Oz is up, she's probably 1.5 Diluc worth of damage per enemy.

Mobile player only so R.I.P aimed shots, lol.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Everything but Genshin delivered on the Holiday seasonal goods... was hoping for something so I've just been spamming AK.
Haven't touched AK in weeks. AL has the better event so I'm playing that lol.

Pejo

Man I was reading Ganyu's skills and the cooldowns/effects earlier on honeyhunter. She seems really bad. More alike with Amber than I originally was aware. Her Taunt flower doesn't do periodical damage like Mona's, it just taunts and then explodes after 6 seconds or after taking enough damage. In a huge mistake again, like Ambers, it scales up HP based on Ganyu's HP. When I use that taunt, I want to gather mobs and then hit them with the element, not wait while they dance around it and don't attack, or frustratingly like with slimes, bounce backward out of range and look at it. It's even more frustrating when they do attack it and don't do enough damage to actually kill it, so you're going to want to minimize your Ganyu's HP, which is annoying with Artifacts since almost everything has a HP substat.

The only really good move she has is her Burst, which has a 12 second duration (practically forever in Genshin timers) with a 15 second cooldown. If you load her up with enough energy recharge, you could probably have a near permanent ice field, great for fire characters to proc melt over and over again (because they needed a buff right?).

I mean, I'm going to roll for her, I should be up to pity soon, I haven't been keeping track. Still a bummer that she's literally ice amber with better numbers though. I would have thought they'd at least give her Mona's supremely better taunt. I can't believe that after all the feedback of "Amber is the worst character" they just shat her out again with a new coat of paint.

Amber would literally be better than Ganyu if they made Baron Bunny immobile after deploying and extended the duration of her burst. Kinda fucked up.

Reactions: Fuz

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ganyu. Xingqu, Xiangling and Noelle next banner

Less than a month into my Genshin Impact career.

Need to constellation my Xingqiu and Xiangling since I basically just found out they are actually both beasts.
Dont have a Noelle because some men just want to watch the world burn.
Have no 5* characters and no Cryo characters.....got a lvl 10 Kaeya dont know if that counts.

So this banner seems fine.
Im just regretting I didnt pay attention to what duplicate characters actually do, I coulda had a decent Bennet and Sucrose by now.
Instead ive been pulling the permanent wish because I thought once you had the character that was that.

Top Bottom