• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

I don't know if you're staying completely F2P or what, but the BP sword is nearly the best in slot sword for her from there. The new Jade sword and the Aquilo sword or whatever are better, but it'd be a cold day in hell before I roll on a weapon banner.

I would second this, especially since the weapons banner is a bad value.

I've been using Keqing since pulling her on the Zhongli banner and the Black Sword from the Battle Pass works well if you build her for physical/crit damage. I think the Lion's Roar, as a 4 star gacha option, would work if you build her more toward electro damage. If you go totally FTP, maybe craft the Prototype Sword or for a 3 star option, refine a Harbinger of Dawn to hold you over until you pull a better sword.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I got one (smiles). 3 pulls but there goes my pity. She's nice, seems to be half cat (or ear shaped hair buns) or something?

Also does sucrose have furry ears too .. because they're a different color underneath.
There are some animal people in the game like Sucrose and diona, but Keqing isn't one of them, it's just a braided hairstyle with buns in the shape of triangles/cat ears.

YukiOnna

I got one (smiles). 3 pulls but there goes my pity. She's nice, seems to be half cat (or ear shaped hair buns) or something?

Also does sucrose have furry ears too .. because they're a different color underneath.

Anyway the game refuses to give me more than one low rent Dark Iron Sword .. so maybe it's time for the weapon banner. Words I thought I'd never say.
Do you see the resemblance...
cat.png

x@3f*oo_e!

I don't know if you're staying completely F2P or what, but the BP sword is nearly the best in slot sword for her from there. The new Jade sword and the Aquilo sword or whatever are better, but it'd be a cold day in hell before I roll on a weapon banner.
I've been tempted by those CritRate weapons for a while now, the sword (and maybe the bow too), but when I do the $math for a full refine I probably just buy primogems and take my chances elsewhere. (now if that heal was group heal I would 100% worth it)

Actually got an unused Sacrificial Sword which she could use for now

x@3f*oo_e!

Noob here.
I should ask, is the initial character useless?
According to the game she/he's a 5*. The starting anemo element is way better than geo imo, and elemental skill is good.

Just a shame about the burst skill which will just move though bosses, great for mobs. And does elemental absorption which needs learning. Worth coming back to later.

Better than Jean (slightly, but I didn't crunch any numbers) but not cuter and no healing.

crumbs

I've been tempted by those CritRate weapons for a while now, the sword (and maybe the bow too), but when I do the $math for a full refine I probably just buy primogems and take my chances elsewhere. (now if that heal was group heal I would 100% worth it)

Actually got an unused Sacrificial Sword which she could use for now
The $10 battle pass isn't a bad value if you are playing everyday, which would make it pretty easy to complete in the timeframe required. By Lvl 50 you end up a decent amount of wishes, mora, and character and weapon EXP materials (on top of the weapon). They also added fragile resin to the rewards with the 1.3 update. That said, if you don't complete it, or only get to lvl 30 for the weapon, I'm not sure it's worth it.

If you go with the Sacrificial sword, I would lean toward an electro build. Keqing's skill has a low cool down to begin with, but I guess you could spam it with the sacrificial sword passive. I know folks are not big on Keqing because of issues with electro in this game, but the ability to build her for various damage types is what I find appealing.

Last edited:

Silvawuff

I'm sitting on a ton of primos quietly waiting for Klee banner to come around again. It might be a while tho...

Also, I do battle pass and welkin. I play daily and can justify getting them. I think they enhance my enjoyment of the game a bit and support it. I'm almost to BP level 30 and torn on getting the Serpent Spine for Diluc. I have Zhongli in my main comp to keep him pretty shielded to avoid the buff knockoff, so it could theoretically be a good sword for him. Thoughts?

Last edited:

crumbs

The Keqing banner looks like a good one for players who are just starting out. All the 4 stars are useful, especially when you're starting out and need healing or buffs. They also all have decent C1 or C2 unlocks. If you do luck out and pull Keqing, she's easy to use and doesn't require farming 2 bosses for ascension materials (ahem, Xiao).

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Noob here.

Not at all. All of them can be excellent characters, if you care to invest on them.
MC can mostly spam his skill, deal damage to about all enemies while regaining orbs for the burst. Burst can be used to farm pigeons too(yeah lol).

I use Kaeya as main damage dealer, even though he's considered a support. Low time between skills coupled with recharge bonus from some ascencions make him a Burst+skill spammer. Not only that, if you ever want to change your character, just burst and change to another character for elemental reaction spams.

Use them and see if you like their playstyles. If you feel one or two of them are for your likes, try the other ones from banners.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Noob here.
I'll add something to what other people said.
He's not... bad, especially when you're starting, I actually really like anemo MC kit (geo can go fuck itself), but I strongly advise against investing too much in him/her/zhir. Nobody build a team around the main character. Nobody. And you'll need resources for your other gacha characters.
Same goes for all free characters.
But in any case, if you like a character for some reason, just ignore the power levels and play/invest on them. The game is mostly approachable by any character - just don't go over AR 45.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Noob here.
Yes.
Don't believe other people lies. They're trying to not hurt your n00b feelings, but trust me, bitter truth is better than sweet lies. Don't bother with starting characters and don't waste resources on them beyond lvl 50(you will get free wishes from leveling them). Unlock MC constellations and use him/her for puzzles and nothing else.

Also:

• don't level up 3☆ weapons (it's all trash)
  • don't waste rainbow wishes on Keqing banner, she can be obtained from the blue wishes banner
  • don't buy blue wishes with gems
  • Next limited banner will have Hu Tao, read about her before pulling her. I personally wouldn't recommend her to anyone, especially to the new players, but that's just my opinion.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So is it over? I used up all my pulls and Xiao was the only one I didn’t get...
The banner? yes.
Not sure what you are getting at with the second half of that sentence....unless you spent 180 wishes on his banner, you do realise you only have a 0.6% chance on every wish to get him right?

Pejo

I read some really questionable leaks that said that Rosaria is coming up in like a month or 1.5 months on an Albedo rerun banner. Talk about a monkey's paw if true.

BlackM1st

Banned
I read some really questionable leaks that said that Rosaria is coming up in like a month or 1.5 months on an Albedo rerun banner. Talk about a monkey's paw if true.
No way haha Cocogoat banner start to feel like a lightning in a bottle lmao. What's wrong with MiHo xD

crumbs

Mihoyo is making it easy to skip these banners, especially if you've been playing for awhile.

- The Xiao banner was weak and his character is straight-up annoying to play. I'm already tired of his "edgy" dialog.

- I like all the characters on the Keqing banner, but I already have all the 4 stars with multiple constellations and I don't see getting Keqing to C1 as worth the wishes.

- Hu Tao could be interesting, but her character design is pretty meh and health based damage gameplay sounds iffy.

- They really need some new 4 stars, but I would be disappointing to put them on banner reruns like Albedo.

I'll probably just keep saving for a Zhongli rerun or a Jean rate up banner. Those are the 2 characters that would be useful with my current lineup.

BlackM1st

Banned
They really need some new 4 stars, but I would be disappointing to put them on banner reruns like Albedo.
Vampire nun sounds awful, a true 4☆, just like Diona.No way I'm wasting my wishes on her.

New players have it rough, just before and after Cocogoat there was nothing note worthy. I hope MiHo knows what they're doing or when Inazuma and its 5☆ will be released most people will already move on...

Pejo

Vampire nun sounds awful, a true 4☆, just like Diona.No way I'm wasting my wishes on her.

New players have it rough, just before and after Cocogoat there was nothing note worthy. I hope MiHo knows what they're doing or when Inazuma and its 5☆ will be released most people will already move on...
I have to admit, if her Elemental Skill works like Xiao's dash, now that I've had a chance to try it, I'm going to be reallllly disappointed. I only hope it works more like Keqing's and has similar range. Not this nubby little hop bullshit.

Still going to pull for her when she arrives though, I'm sure I can make it work.

Dregnel

based on the most popular chinese tier list diona is only one rank behind venti support, diona is a battery even better with ganyu because you get more energy if you take your own type of elemental energy.

Larxia

Weird situation but this is the first time I'm scared of getting a 5*.
I already have Keqing, and I was interested in getting Ningguang from the free event character, I never got her.

The problem is that her (Ningguang) first constellation is really useful / mandatory, so I would have liked to summon on the current banner since she's there, but I'm also at about 25 wishes from the soft pity of a 100% (I got mona on the venti banner) guaranted 5*, so I really can't risk wasting my pity just to get a 4*, so in the end, I won't try getting her...
I tried a few singles (I was scared though) to reach the next 4* and I got bennett instead, I won't risk it anymore.

I'm not interested in Keqing first constellation and I'm F2P so having a guaranted 5* character like this is precious for a future banner.

Last edited:

Pejo

Weird situation but this is the first time I'm scared of getting a 5*.
I already have Keqing, and I was interested in getting Ningguang from the free event character, I never got her.

The problem is that her (Ningguang) first constellation is really useful / mandatory, so I would have liked to summon on the current banner since she's there, but I'm also at about 25 wishes from the soft pity of a 100% (I got mona on the venti banner) guaranted 5*, so I really can't risk wasting my pity just to get a 4*, so in the end, I won't try getting her...
I tried a few singles (I was scared though) to reach the next 4* and I got bennett instead, I won't risk it anymore.

I'm not interested in Keqing first constellation and I'm F2P so having a guaranted 5* character like this is precious for a future banner.
It's almost guaranteed that Ning will show up in the shop one of these months. I wouldn't chance it any more personally.

Top Bottom