• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Dregnel

I don't have her yet, so it's all conjecture, but I think she's meant to play as a fire applicator/sub dps that buffs team crit rate. I don't think she's supposed to be on field carry like everyone seems to be trying to force her into. That's why I actually got interested in her. I don't need another fire carry, but fire supports/lighters are always welcome for the powerful reactions and the usefulness of pyro is in general.

I only wish her crit buff lasted a bit longer.
i kicked out every healer and she works much better, mona + xiangling + zghonli i am using the lava set and that set is suppose to be worse but still 80k damage with ulti between 12k-15k with charged attacks similar to my klee, i need to test her more but she is probably stronger than my klee but i need better artifacts to be sure

Pejo

I just finished Hu Tao's story quest, not bad. Decent length, some good exposition on the character, the dungeon threw a few ideas at you. I'd be perfectly happy with more quests of that quality, if we got more than 1 per patch. Overall a step up from Xiao just being brooding and angsty, but I guess that's his character so it sorta makes sense.

BlackM1st

Banned
The real question is who comes after Venti. Maybe Rosaria and Squirrel girl in 1 go, like it was before? Would be great to have a double banner again. Or maybe MiHo hates money and it will be Jean... xD

The Mondstadt festival will probably be quite similar to the Xiao lantern festival. I expect it to last a month, and feature two Mondstadt 5 stars, in which case Venti and Jean would make sense. If I were Mihoyo I'd throw Rosario in with the Jean banner to get people to pull on what is otherwise a pretty boring banner.

crumbs

I mean that would be the best outcome. Since I love Jean as a unit.

I really hope they don't pull the 3 banner shit again.
Yeah, looking at my current lineup, I would only use resources to level up Jean or Zhongli, should they appear on future banners. I have plenty of DPS units, so getting an all-around utility character like Jean with heals, buffs, and cleansing ability would be nice. Zhongli could supply shielding, which my current group is lacking.

Lack of shielding and cleansing becomes apparent when you're doing some of the Lvl 90 domains or later abyss levels.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You mean 3 banners each lasting for 2 weeks? Oh, I'm afraid that 14 days is the new norm for banners. MiHo cranking up FOMO up to 11. Probably the biggest FU to the community...
Oh man that's gonna suck. So 3 character banners and 2 weapon banners. F2P's not gonna have any gems for all of that. Just ouch.

BlackM1st

Banned
F2P's not gonna have any gems for all of that. Just ouch.
why do you hate us so much lemony snickets a series of unfortunate events GIF by NETFLIX

Pejo

Yeah, looking at my current lineup, I would only use resources to level up Jean or Zhongli, should they appear on future banners. I have plenty of DPS units, so getting an all-around utility character like Jean with heals, buffs, and cleansing ability would be nice. Zhongli could supply shielding, which my current group is lacking.

Lack of shielding and cleansing becomes apparent when you're doing some of the Lvl 90 domains or later abyss levels.
Jean is an amazing character and one of my staples in the main team. She has so much utility packed into one unit, it's insane. She can Swirl for VV, she can blast small enemies off of cliffs and into each other for grouping, she has heals, she can float even large enemies with a few charge attacks, party cleanse, and her heal hits the whole party regardless of if they're on the field or not. On top of all of that she hits decently hard if you really want to make her a phys DPS. I prefer to stack ATK and Energy Charge though just for the utility. If she gets her own banner and you don't have her, I think it's a really good pull.

Regarding the upcoming stream, there's a chance the characters on there could just mean that they have the VAs featured on the stream of those characters. I wouldn't mind if it was Venti rerun followed by Jean with Rosaria on banner. That would be a pretty good banner honestly.

crumbs

When you've been doing daily commissions almost every day, it's really irritating to know that there's certain new commissions that are stuck in some RNG hell that you haven't seen. Here's a couple I've haven't encounter yet or only once even though I'm AR50+:

1. Apparently you can cure the sick girl near the fountain in Mondstadt. Never received a commission that dealt with her or her boyfriend brother. (Thanks to Fake for the correction).
2. I did the Winds of Winter and the follow up quest once, but apparently you need to do it multiple times to get the achievement.
3. I still don't have the third version of playing pirates with the kids in Liyue Harbor commission. You need to do all 3 versions of the commission for the achievement.
4. I've only received the Godwin commission once, but you need to do it 5 times for an achievement.

Last edited:

Fake

1. Apparently you can cure the sick girl near the fountain in Mondstadt. Never received a commission that dealt with her or her boyfriend.

Is her brother, no?

One single quest missing to complete Mondstadt questline and still not avaliable since day one.

They really need to adress all this RNG bullshit.

One of you guys needs to Gold our thread, it's looking very forlorn with all the Gold threads around it...
Please don't. I've said it before, but I really dislike the "gold" color on this forum, that looks nothing like gold. Aside from that, the OT uses various colors, and orange text on the gold background would look awful.

I really wish the gold color looked better. I think it would get used a lot more.

BlackM1st

Banned
They really need to adress all this RNG bullshit
All they need to do is have at least 1 new quest each week that is separate from rng. Having rng without any pity system on top of constantly increasing pool of quest is a fundamentally broken system.

Fuz

Banned
Getting soooo bored. Nothing interesting to do anymore*, just log and do dailies to get the primos and spend resin, which has become a chore. And since I'm saving for an eventual future banner (120/180 now), I don't even have the little joy from pulling. Not sure how long I'm gonna resist - and I'm positive I'm not the only one.

* Oh, right, the SUPER EXCITING LOGIN EVENT... which even takes place outside of the game. Forgot that.

Getting soooo bored.
What, you don't like the new event where you send people on expeditions to get free primogems? I mean, that's the type of content you could spend at least 10 seconds a day on, bro!

But yeah, welcome to the club. At least the daily homework doesn't take very long.

Pejo

Getting soooo bored. Nothing interesting to do anymore*, just log and do dailies to get the primos and spend resin, which has become a chore. And since I'm saving for an eventual future banner (120/180 now), I don't even have the little joy from pulling. Not sure how long I'm gonna resist - and I'm positive I'm not the only one.

* Oh, right, the SUPER EXCITING LOGIN EVENT... which even takes place outside of the game. Forgot that.
BRO come on, if you've been doing the daily outside of game login event, you got 3 fowl today. Some people are just so entitled.

3 fowl. C'mon!

I'm bored as fuck right now too. Good thing Honkai is having their anniversary and I can put this game on the backburner for a while.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Fowl as log in rewards is for people that didn't get Ganyu Slayer of Pigeons. The main villain to Little Timmy.

Edit: I'm personally playing other games. No real reason to play until the character I want to play as and experience Teyvat with them in it's entirety. The rewards are generally crap and the events are crap too.

Exploration is where I get the most fun out of this game.

Finding the glowy thing and zergfests aren't my idea of fun.

Last edited:

Dregnel

BRO come on, if you've been doing the daily outside of game login event, you got 3 fowl today. Some people are just so entitled.

3 fowl. C'mon!

I'm bored as fuck right now too. Good thing Honkai is having their anniversary and I can put this game on the backburner for a while.
yeah these are the best days to start honkai you can get god kiana for free after the livestream if i see pure reruns i will take a break

Last edited:

Bro this is literally how you're SUPPOSED to play gachas. A little at a time, every day. They are designed to be played this way. If you want to hardcore grind something for 8 hours a day for months, MMO's are that way ------->

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Bro this is literally how you're SUPPOSED to play gachas. A little at a time, every day. They are designed to be played this way. If you want to hardcore grind something for 8 hours a day for months, MMO's are that way ------->
Most of those suck tho.

Like I'll only touch FFXIV and WoW Classic. Maybe GW2 but that's about it. The rest are scams or doomed to fail.

Saber

Gold Member
I think they should once a time(or perhaps every other new patch), restore all the treasures boxes from the world and restore those one time dungeons, because once you clear them they became useless. Can't believe they forget those dungeons so easly.

They could also allow people to re-challenge quest-dungeons for prizes.

Last edited:
I think they should once a time(or perhaps every other new patch), restore all the treasures boxes from the world and restore those one time dungeons, because once you clear them they became useless. Can't believe they forget those dungeons so easly.

They could also allow people to re-challenge quest-dungeons for prizes.

I think they should add a new more difficult challenge in those dungeons for each WL and new chests should be spawned for each WL progress as well.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Anyone else pull the Lithic spear or claymore? I got both and when I equip them I am not getting the stacked attack % (or any attack bonus). Same with the claymore.

I tried it with a team consisting of one character with the weapon (Zongli with spear) and tried it with a team full of Leiyu characters (kaquiq, zongli, Chongyong, Ganyu) I got a crit rate bonus (incorrect % increase) and zero increase with attack % bonus.

Tried the same test with Chingyong, no increase.

Anyone else have/see this issue?

So I've never done a pull on the weapon banner since I started playing this in January. I got to my 5th pull on this new one and got the Staff of Homa. The RNG gods smiled upon me

Pejo

Time for some hot leaks.

New to-be censored Cryo claymore user, Shenli. This is the one people think is Cloud Retainer for some reason.
N7ARw8d.jpg

HhXYrjv.jpg

Yaoyao
0hH7My4.jpg

And some hopefully good news for Keqing/Lisa/Fischl mains out there.
RINIIL7.png

BlackM1st

Banned
Getting soooo bored
Yeah, I was just like you one time. Then I decided to upgrade my top 7 weapons to lvl 90. Who knew that ore farming could be so engaging! kill me

someone GIF

Cloud Retainer for some reason
Matching color scheme, matching region of origins. She is supposed to be just as strong as Ganyu / Xiao lore wise so people expect her to become playable character.

Fischl mains
Can't wait. I hope it's true.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It's very likely that Cloud Retainer is Shenli given the attire and that all Adeptus have human forms or can adopt human forms.

If Shenli gets censored I don't think it will be as bad because her clothing is going to make her chest look bigger then it actually is and she also never had a model shown ingame so they can make finishing touches without misleading players. Like they seem to be doing with Rosaria.

Would be nice if they were building up Shenli for 1.4 but I think she will come around at 1.5/1.6 or whenever the Chasm area is unlocked. Characters like Yaoyao and Shenli are Liyue based like the Chasm is.

From a gameplay standpoint I'd be interested in Yaoyao for Dendro element being fleshed out.

Saber

Gold Member
That guy owner of Lyue pharmacy...isn't he dendro too? I wonder if hes a mage. I would like to pick him.

Top Bottom