• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

It's pretty garbage that she doesn't have any way to generate energy for herself apart from basic attacks. They should definitely change that, and not hide it behind a constellation.

About housing: I don't care whatsoever about the housing thing. I don't see the point of it, and I'm only putting any effort in because there's free primogems to claim. I don't care about building generic house #47 from the same blocks all the other buildings in the game are built from.
My goal with the housing system: do enough to get the 2 weekly BP (non co-op) Teapot missions and then completely ignore it the rest of the time.
You guys are missing the big picture. At rank 6 you can buy resin and xp books every week. If you only get to that and tap out, it's still worth it.
She's fine. Fine as a main healer. Not gonna change your life but will make it much easier anyway. Not every hero should be diverse or have a wide set of skills. If you improve her, she will make most other healers obsolete. But now most people can pick her up and play without overthinking how to build her. She will heal , that's everything what most people want from a healer hah.
For a random ass 4*? Sure, I agree they can do one thing and do it well and that's enough. Qiqi is a 5*, she should at least have SOMETHING about her kit that is unique and fun to play. It sounds like you haven't been spooked enough by her to really understand yet.

BlackM1st

Banned
ya, i just drop shit any old where, besides aint no one coming to my house.
People in genshin tend to stick to a solo play or playing with friends only. Their loss, I had crazy fun with some randoms and never felt the need 4 having a dummy accounts to help me with the BP progression.

Sure, sometimes I met some SJW 18 yo girls obsessed with Geo Lord's ass, but most of the time I'm enjoying myself. Also, you guys simply would not believe how many "whale" girls are out there. The saddest/funniest thing is that it mostly their IG / TikTok simps who are paying for their GI addiction lol

Dregnel

i still need to do the quest to build my house, am i losing big benefits? I'm pretty lazy these days, I think I'll try when I get home today.

BlackM1st

Banned
i still need to do the quest to build my house, am i losing big benefits? I'm pretty lazy these days, I think I'll try when I get home today.
Not losing much for now. All the good stuff is time gated, so sooner you start, sooner you will see some gains. But it will not be immediate. I would compare it to the bloodthirsty tree from the Ice Mountain.

Pejo

The quest itself is a decent intro to Yanfei's character, and the rewards are cumulative, so the earlier you start, the more you get over time. I would recommend making some time to at least get it unlocked so you can start earning currency (you earn it based on the funiture you have placed over time). It's one of the biggest limiters right now other than time itself and waiting for recipes to finish.

crumbs

You guys are missing the big picture. At rank 6 you can buy resin and xp books every week. If you only get to that and tap out, it's still worth it.

Yeah, I started late last week on the housing, so I'm working my way through the Trust Ranks.

I'm just trying to get to the point where I can put the housing on auto-pilot and collect some rewards for as little time investment as possible. I'm glad people are enjoying it, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Edit: Looks like you need Trust Rank 8 for the new artifact EXP material. So I guess that will be my goal.

Last edited:

Pejo

My Trust Rank isn't high enough to verify, but there's some info here.

It's one transient resin per week and 20 Hero's wit.
Damn, 1200 currency? I guess that's fine though. By rank 6 you have at least 2 outdoor areas unlocked and should be making quite a bit per hour. Once you unlock 2 entire realms and furnish them, the currency probably comes rolling in.

Dregnel

My Trust Rank isn't high enough to verify, but there's some info here.

It's one transient resin per week and 20 Hero's wit.
that is around 120 resin

YKmlZn1.png

Pejo

My girl Amber is finally getting her nail in the coffin it looks like....

There's a new Pyro bow character that leaks are showing references to that is a woman that has "sexy clothes" and is themed around shooting exploding/pyro arrows and fireworks. So far nobody's leaked the model, but we have some skill descriptors:

Name: Yoimiya

"AimShoot_BombArrow"

"Hanabi"

"AlertCircle"

"Arrow_Bomb"

ayaka's voiceline of her:
"Organizing festivals and ceremonies is the responsibility of the Shabukyo and the Shrine Maidens. And our handler of fireworks really knows how to build an exhilarating atmosphere. Although this summer I've decided not to ask her to oversee the fireworks… because I don't want Tohama having to apologize to the firefighting teams again."

yuxxed5acxq51.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

today i found out you cant farm trees for lumber in your teapot world?

after i bought and plant all these different trees...

fuckin gay.
You CAN however farm the little pine trees in the city at Mondstadt for Pine wood. They each drop 3 wood a piece just like the big pine trees on Dragonspine.

Pejo

Slightly more info on new Pyro Bow:

More Yoimiya Info​

renderTimingPixel.png

I'm not a native Chinese speaker/reader, so someone with a better grasp on the language can correct any errors here.
What we know so far
Name: Yoimiya
Star Rating: Five Stars
Element: Pyro
Weapon: Bow
Ascension Material: "No Phase Fire" (Not sure what this means, this is what auto-translate gives)
Description: Girl body type, wears sexy/revealing clothes, "combined with a witch/sorceress identity".
Skills:
  1. Aimed shot "fire burst arrows"
  2. Elemental skill is a simple Pyro enchantment
  3. Elemental burst is likely to be a single-hit, high multiplier nuke.
Release date: During the July 21st 1.7 (aka 2.0) update
Source: https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=26622711

*edit*

Also, regarding placing characters in teapot in 1.6 - they apparently earn Friendship points over time while placed in your teapot, like 10 an hour or something. Number is probably not final.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Also, regarding placing characters in teapot in 1.6 - they apparently earn Friendship points over time while placed in your teapot, like 10 an hour or something. Number is probably not final
#Gamechanger

Not like I care about friendship levels. It's absolutely useless...

Pejo

#Gamechanger

Not like I care about friendship levels. It's absolutely useless...
Well for now it is, but who knows if they ever add something worthwhile for it in the future. I can't imagine the mechanic is only in the game for character specific namecards.

BlackM1st

Banned
Well for now it is, but who knows if they ever add something worthwhile for it in the future. I can't imagine the mechanic is only in the game for character specific namecards.
Yeah, good feature to have as passive income of nothing is still a passive income and it's always welcome but right now I couldn't care less about "friendship" with characters that I'm actively avoid to use lol

Saber

Gold Member
Guys if you want me to visit your houses or vice-versa, just give me a sign. I'm up for lazing around and doing nothing.

crumbs

Character specific color-matched gliders would have been a perfect reward for getting to friendship lvl 10, but I assume they plan to sell us those in the future.

Changing voicelines from characters when you reach higher friendship levels would also be a nice reward. Take Keqing for example, instead of b*tching at me about procrastinating, maybe she can be a little nicer since we're lvl 10 friends.

Pejo

Character specific color-matched gliders would have been a perfect reward for getting to friendship lvl 10, but I assume they plan to sell us those in the future.

Changing voicelines from characters when you reach higher friendship levels would also be a nice reward. Take Keqing for example, instead of b*tching at me about procrastinating, maybe she can be a little nicer since we're lvl 10 friends.
Yea I like both of these ideas. I was also thinking that they could get their kit powered up in various ways with the Traveler in the party, at higher friendship. It would be a reason to at least sometimes use Traveler. Like at rank 10 with Traveler in the party, Amber can fire support fire arrows every 10 seconds in combat without being on the field, or something like that. You could use those fire arrows to charge up his Anemo Swirl moves etc. It would be a cool mechanic, but a lot of work for little payoff to the devs, so who knows if we see anything like that.
Guys if you want me to visit your houses or vice-versa, just give me a sign. I'm up for lazing around and doing nothing.
Did you figure out which server you're on yet?

Last edited:

Pejo

Cheez, I forgot about that. My country is Brazil, so I believe I'm on brazilian server of PSN...I guess.
According to the wiki, you're on the Americas server:

GAME SERVERS​

The Genshin Impact game servers are officialy split into 3 regions with the following countries as default select:

• Europe:
    Africa. and Middle East Countries/Regions Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar. Romania. Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia. Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates. United Kingdom.
  • America:
    Argentinia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Savador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, United States, Uruguay.
  • Asia:
    Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Oman, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam.
  • SAR:
    Taiwan, Hongkong, Macao
Note that this is the default intended distribution. You are free to select the server region to play on!
Make sure to take ping into consideration since it can affect your gameplay experience.

It is not possible to play with people on different server regions.

My friend code # is 601525905

Any other americas server GAF, feel free to add me too.

Fuz

Banned
Furniture list with bonuses

Pejo

Furniture list with bonuses

This is funny because people were smashing in those screen furniture things with the ship art in their bedrooms and calling them bitcoin farms, now I get it.

Also, something I just learned. If you set your house to "open", people on your friend lists can join your teapot whenever during the day and if they talk to your Tubby, they can speed up your active crafting timers by like 2 hours. Sounds like we need to get more of you lazy asses visiting teapots.

*edit*

Took me a while to figure out how to enable that setting, it can be found in the map looking at your teapot, click the "no guests currently" button at the top.

2021042716081860379.gif

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Seems like I can visit Pejo's house, even if hes offline. Thanks Pejo.

Just go your friend list and see info and then request to visit tea house.
Strange, I tried that these days and I always get "The player is offline" error message.

Saber

Gold Member
My UID for anyone interested:

Strange, I tried that these days and I always get "The player is offline" error message.

Maybe your friend didnt let the house visit request open. What I do is allow people to join without requesting permission.

Pejo

There are 2 different join settings. One is about joining your regular world, that one is unrelated to the teapot one. The post i made up above shows you how to open >only< the teapot for visitation, which can apparently happen online or offline.

BlackM1st

Banned
Your teapot is located on a completely independent server. You can't even leave it without coming back to your own Story mode. Same with your visitors. They will also always be back to their worlds. So yeah, you should have a serious talk with your so called "friend". Looks like he just doesn't want you in his teapot because you touch his stuff and break things.

crumbs

I have 2 cats guarding the interior entrance to my teapot house. They may look disinterested and spend most of their time staring at the walls, but I can assure you that they are plenty fierce.

For exterior security, I have a crane that can be pretty intimidating when it squawks and unfurls its wings.

Pejo

I want to make this in my teapot:

Anyways, new leaks are saying that Shenhe/Shenli (the cloud retainer colored adult woman) has been shelved for the time being with no plans to release her. If true, that's a bummer for everyone that wanted her. Probably wanted to avoid boob-gate 2.0 when they shrunk her down to the size of snow peas.

Dregnel

This is the reason why I always recommend to pull for what you really like, this is an example of how honkai impact, the other game of mihoyo was affected by the power creep, today the first herrscher is the worst and they even gave it away recently.

Last edited:

Pejo

3401c16zphx61.png

This is the reason why I always recommend to pull for what you really like, this is an example of how honkai impact, the other game of mihoyo was affected by the power creep, today the first herrscher is the worst and they even gave it away recently.

Wow I've been playing Honkai for a few years now, and I had no idea the balancing was THAT bad. I'm not a meta-slave so I don't chase #1, so a lot of this was irrelevant to me as a player. Interesting to see how badly they creep their units though.

How much time until the next banner?
18th of May I believe?

Top Bottom