• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

The frickin' teapot stuff is starting to creep into my normal gameplay. I'm running over to do a commission and get distracted by the trees in the area....

Fuz

Banned
The frickin' teapot stuff is starting to creep into my normal gameplay. I'm running over to do a commission and get distracted by the trees in the area....

Flanders.jpg

Last edited:
may 18th eula confirmed, june 8th klee and after that kazuha based on leakers.
I was thinking about getting Kazuha to C4+ but I'm not too fond of seeing that he is heavily reliant on EM and has more of a support role. His best in slot sword is Mondstadt based. I'll pull for him but I really wanted him to be DPS focused like Xiao.

crumbs

I was thinking about getting Kazuha to C4+ but I'm not too fond of seeing that he is heavily reliant on EM and has more of a support role. His best in slot sword is Mondstadt based. I'll pull for him but I really wanted him to be DPS focused like Xiao.
C4+ you say, hmmm...

scrooge mcduck GIF

Yeah, I'm on the fence about pulling on Kazuha's banner. I'll wait for more impressions before deciding.

Last edited:

Pejo

The next will be Klee or still another banner?
Next one is Eula, then it's speculated that it will be Klee -> Kazuha. Then if you really want to stretch it out based on heresay, it's gonna be a triple banner in 1.7 (like Liyue festival patch) with Ganyu Rerun, the new sexy pyro bow, and rumors of either Sae, Baal, or Ayaka. The 1.7 stuff is all pretty far out there though.

Rumors are also stating that 2.0 (Inazuma proper release) is on July 21st, and Chasm has been delayed indefinitely until they figure out Dendro.

In other news - Saber Saber i tried to speed up your crafting timers but you aren't making anything. Get crafting!

Also, just unlocked my 2nd island in my teapot. I definitely see more potential now, so I think later tonight I'll move my main house to the 2nd floor and put all the plebian houses on the first big island. I also like the floating cloud domain a lot more now that I can go up higher, it just looks cooler from up there. We need to be able to make paved walkways now, creeks, fountains, ponds, and at least cut the grass so it's not knee-high everywhere.

Anyone up for co-op on the event challenges later? I've been putting them off.
C6 is what you want if you want him to main carry.

black friday success GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
In other news - Saber Saber i tried to speed up your crafting timers but you aren't making anything. Get crafting!

I started a 3 new ones today. Everytime I log I try to at least start building some shit and going arount other houses helping the building stuff.

Currently I'm building walls lol

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
This is the reason why I always recommend to pull for what you really like, this is an example of how honkai impact, the other game of mihoyo was affected by the power creep, today the first herrscher is the worst and they even gave it away recently.

This is cool, but let's not pretend like HoV isn't still very powerful, she's also very simple to play and most importantly I can see mihoyo giving her a core update because of kiana being in control now (together with blue eyes costume unlock).
Just as easily as she slipped off, she can come back like a rocket ship.

But yeah pull for what you really like, I have dea anchora, but I use gloria much much more, she's just easier and more straightforward to use.

Pejo

This is cool, but let's not pretend like HoV isn't still very powerful, she's also very simple to play and most importantly I can see mihoyo giving her a core update because of kiana being in control now (together with blue eyes costume unlock).
Just as easily as she slipped off, she can come back like a rocket ship.

But yeah pull for what you really like, I have dea anchora, but I use gloria much much more, she's just easier and more straightforward to use.
Kinda off-topic, but I'd really like to use BKE, but I don't "get" her playstyle at all. She seems terrible until you have enough SP to use her Ult, is that how she's supposed to be?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Kinda off-topic, but I'd really like to use BKE, but I don't "get" her playstyle at all. She seems terrible until you have enough SP to use her Ult, is that how she's supposed to be?
Kinda, she wants you to loop her charged attack over and over, so you do the 5th attack, do charge attack and then the next attack should be your 4th, so you just start over. This charges her ULT because the charge attack restores SP.
She can also do her charge attack after her parry/block, so think of playing her like playing metal gear rising, just keep looping your attacks and just stand still and block/parry everything for huge damage.

Pejo

Kinda, she wants you to loop her charged attack over and over, so you do the 5th attack, do charge attack and then the next attack should be your 4th, so you just start over. This charges her ULT because the charge attack restores SP.
She can also do her charge attack after her parry/block, so think of playing her like playing metal gear rising, just keep looping your attacks and just stand still and block/parry everything for huge damage.
Ok then I guess I've been doing it mostly correct. The loop is just so boring to play and for me, she doesn't actually "start" until you can Ult. Shame, I really like her elf costume design, and she's hella fun after you can use her stronger moves in Ult form.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Ok then I guess I've been doing it mostly correct. The loop is just so boring to play and for me, she doesn't actually "start" until you can Ult. Shame, I really like her elf costume design, and she's hella fun after you can use her stronger moves in Ult form.
Yeah sp support stigmata like shrödinger band (B) and Dirac (B) work well on her for that reason. You could also use Bronya -sloth-(B), but then you'd have her switched out for most of the time, just so you can spam her ULT.

Next one is Eula, then it's speculated that it will be Klee -> Kazuha. Then if you really want to stretch it out based on heresay, it's gonna be a triple banner in 1.7 (like Liyue festival patch) with Ganyu Rerun, the new sexy pyro bow, and rumors of either Sae, Baal, or Ayaka. The 1.7 stuff is all pretty far out there though.

Rumors are also stating that 2.0 (Inazuma proper release) is on July 21st, and Chasm has been delayed indefinitely until they figure out Dendro.

Also, just unlocked my 2nd island in my teapot. I definitely see more potential now, so I think later tonight I'll move my main house to the 2nd floor and put all the plebian houses on the first big island. I also like the floating cloud domain a lot more now that I can go up higher, it just looks cooler from up there. We need to be able to make paved walkways now, creeks, fountains, ponds, and at least cut the grass so it's not knee-high everywhere.

Anyone up for co-op on the event challenges later? I've been putting them off.

C6 is what you want if you want him to main carry.

black friday success GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski
Not willing to spend that much on character that I know I might not even main for a month or two. I'm looking forward to Baal, and Ayaka, plus every 4* that comes out with Inazuma.

Nothing in the game will make me go full on whale mode hahaha.

Pejo

Not willing to spend that much on character that I know I might not even main for a month or two. I'm looking forward to Baal, and Ayaka, plus every 4* that comes out with Inazuma.

Nothing in the game will make me go full on whale mode hahaha.
They'll find your fetish alright, just you wait.

Pejo

Stay strong.....I already see my downfall coming with the Klee banner.

I have her...but I NEED her C6 (I don't...but I do...but...)
I had to look up what Klee's C6 even did. Pyro boost and energy charge. Honestly not bad. Not gamebreaking, but not bad.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I had to look up what Klee's C6 even did. Pyro boost and energy charge. Honestly not bad. Not gamebreaking, but not bad.
I have her at C0 and I do ~35K damage on my charge attacks, I figure getting to C6 would just take her from "easy button" to...well...whatever is easier than easy button.

crumbs

Klee's C2 (Jumpty Dumpty Mines lower enemy defense) and C4 (Massive explosion when leaving the field while her Burst is still up) both look pretty interesting and would add some team utility to her kit.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Even her C1 (Attack have chance to add 120% of Sparks'n'Splash damage) is beast mode. The buffs to both her super and ult would be great as they would take me past the current limit.

I joke about pulling on her though. I will throw about 6k of primos at her (what I have have saved up after early Yanfei pull) but no way would I spend $1400 (worst case) to get all her constellations....besides I have a C6 Waterboy and C6 WindLass (Sucrose, not Jean)...what more could I possible need???

Last edited:

Pejo

What score are you guys looking at in the challenge? I think this might be the first one that I'm not going to be able to clear shop for. You need 20k total to get all of the currency, so 5k per domain. The best I'm managing right now is a little over 4k on the first 3. I can probably add a little more to the 2nd and 3rd ones, but that Geovishap one with the ice and freezing is just too damn frustrating. Am I missing an easy way to get 5k+ on these?

BlackM1st

Banned
need 20k total to get all of the currency, so 5k per domain. The best I'm managing right now is a little over 4k on the first 3.
14600 after all 3. And I'm not gonna bother with another 400 points. Event is terrible. Cocogoat is basically an easy mode as she can freeze everything around her, but all the additional challenges/modifications are just straight up trash and I have no patience for this shit. Plus, "good news everyone", next patch is gonna have similar event again. It's like they can't properly balance challenges/heroes so they just cutting out our abilities and call it a day. Ridiculous. Why not let us use our heroes as we please? Bah.

Saber

Gold Member
I got 3k on the first 2 and 2k on the third.
Got no patiente for this challenge. This is the far I will waste on it.

I actually like the harder even it meanss not clearing the shop, well, at least not alone. I rely on the discord people for helping/help. Even if I'm more of a lone wolf myself, we actually need some player interaction on some events (Liben, Teapot rank up, Hypostasis, and the current one).

Fuz

Banned
I actually like the harder even it meanss not clearing the shop, well, at least not alone. I rely on the discord people for helping/help. Even if I'm more of a lone wolf myself, we actually need some player interaction on some events (Liben, Teapot rank up, Hypostasis, and the current one).
Not if we don't get a matching tool in game.

crumbs

What score are you guys looking at in the challenge? I think this might be the first one that I'm not going to be able to clear shop for. You need 20k total to get all of the currency, so 5k per domain. The best I'm managing right now is a little over 4k on the first 3. I can probably add a little more to the 2nd and 3rd ones, but that Geovishap one with the ice and freezing is just too damn frustrating. Am I missing an easy way to get 5k+ on these?
I've been targeting and hitting right at 5k. Having a geo shield character is obviously important and probably the main reason I can clear 5k. Not needing to heal plus avoiding interrupts while attacking are key in all 3 challenges so far.

I also keep playing around with amplifier stones to match the best setup for the team I'm using in that particular challenge. For example, I've found that the ones which boost your elemental burst damage were helpful on the ruin guard/hunter/grader challenge. Things get pretty chaotic during that challenge, so I relied on my bursts more than usual.

Ultimately, I don't know how useful any of this is since you still need good characters with good gear. I've used Ganyu, Diluc, and Zhongli in each challenge <insert easy mode joke here>. As for the 4th member of the team:

- 1st challenge, I started with Keqing, but ended up with Fischl for superconduct/overload from Oz.
- 2nd challenge, I started with Xingqui, but had more success with Mona (her taunt and range worked better for dealing with Pyro fatui gunners at the end)
- 3rd Challenge, back to Keqing for super conduct/overload and her low cooldown burst.

BlackM1st

Banned
sEcuAW9.jpg

Next girl is EULA - Cryo
Next girl is Klee - Pyro
Next girl (rumored) - Pyro Bow

So uh... is there a pattern or what??? xD

We can probably expect a lot of electro characters from Inazuma when that releases. That might be why those seem to be lacking right now. I definitely think there's room for improvement though. They keep releasing element & weapon type combo's that are already present in the game, which seems like a bit of a waste at this point in time.

As for the Twisted Realm, I'm at 14625 score currently. I'll have to try the two earlier ones again to get 5000. I appreciate the challenge, but at the same time they're pretty cheap in how they increase the difficulty. Yesterday's challenge was a low point for me, with a damaging orb just spawning every 20 seconds or so. The only way to avoid that damage is to activate a burst at exactly the right time. Lame.

Pejo

Thanks for the responses. The general theme I'm seeing here is just co-op them and depend on the 4x players on the field at the same time to make up for any holes in strategy. I'll try that out tonight.

We can probably expect a lot of electro characters from Inazuma when that releases. That might be why those seem to be lacking right now. I definitely think there's room for improvement though. They keep releasing element & weapon type combo's that are already present in the game, which seems like a bit of a waste at this point in time.

As for the Twisted Realm, I'm at 14625 score currently. I'll have to try the two earlier ones again to get 5000. I appreciate the challenge, but at the same time they're pretty cheap in how they increase the difficulty. Yesterday's challenge was a low point for me, with a damaging orb just spawning every 20 seconds or so. The only way to avoid that damage is to activate a burst at exactly the right time. Lame.
I think they're having a hard time balancing certain weapon/element combos. Cryo catalyst especially I suspect is going to be tough to prevent perma-freeze with Barbara/Mona to the point that nothing will ever be able to move. I'm curious to see if we ever get a Geo Bow healer. I think that particular combination would be OP for survival.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Things like 50 points effects that restores Ruins HP makes me scratch my head and think if they deserve the meta fetishes they got.

Now all the sudden, the feedback is about artistic design with a "thank you, your feedback is important to us" at the end.

I really could write a big fuck you for ignoring Xynian so far but nah...not worth it.

Fake

Digital Foundry made another Genshin Impact video. Fun fact: John said to me a time ago that DF have no interess of making a video about Genshin Impact.

crumbs

I really could write a big fuck you for ignoring Xynian so far but nah...not worth it.

It's pretty sad.

These are the devs that knew that the "Playing Pirates with the Kids" achievement was broken (because it wouldn't trigger the 3rd scenario) since release, but only recently fixed it for the 1.5 update.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I read that the characters you can give feedback on are randomized. If you want to leave specific feedback, you can back out and re-enter. I am considering doing this until I get Rosaria (for the usual reasons), in a sign of solidarity with Aranea Aranea .

Saber

Gold Member
So I read that the characters you can give feedback on are randomized. If you want to leave specific feedback, you can back out and re-enter. I am considering doing this until I get Rosaria (for the usual reasons), in a sign of solidarity with Aranea Aranea .

If only I knew that earlier...damn it.

Pejo

Boy do I regret reading the reddit thread on character design feedback.

"Give more female characters pants!"
"Make female characters not have heels"
"Where's the old lady characters?"

Why can't these....people.... leave animu alone? They've already ruined female character design in western games. Jesus christo.

crumbs

Haven't had a chance to see the latest survey yet, but do they ask about the teapot stuff?

My feedback would be:

1. Add a back button option when talking to Tubby so you don't need to exit and restart the dialog with it.
2. Why do we need to "learn" blueprints from the inventory screen? Once we buy/obtain a blueprint, just skip the learning process and have it available in the crafting menu in the teapot.
3. This isn't very important, but would be nice to have. When picking up a item, like a type of wood, it would be helpful to also show the total quantity of that item in your inventory. Something like "1 x Pine (150)" or something.

Last edited:

Pejo

Cool, after a few resets I got to give feedback on Rosaria/Amber/Bennett/Fischl

Talked about the censorship of Rosaria, how Amber was the best girl and her design dictates that she needs a buff, Bennett needs a full pair of pants and an actual Male's voice, and Fischl was pretty cool but they can tone down on the 45 second chat lines. I also mentioned that Fischl is 100x better when she accidentally breaks character, and hoped for more of that in her hangouts.

Top Bottom