• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

I guess I should start paying closer attention to the details on this teapot stuff. When does the traveling sales teapot show up? I was visiting another teapot (Thanks Pejo Pejo , nice teapot setup you got there, tried to speed up your furniture crafting, but the speed was already maxed out), but there wasn't a traveling sales guy wasn't there.

Last edited:

Pejo

I guess I should start paying closer attention to the details on this teapot stuff. When does the traveling sales teapot show up? I was visiting another teapot (Thanks Pejo Pejo , nice teapot setup you got there, tried to speed up your furniture crafting, but the speed was already maxed out), but there wasn't a traveling sales guy wasn't there.
Vendor NPC shows up on Friday for everyone. You can buy his merch in your own teapot only for 24 hours after he gets there. On Saturday, the shop gets opened to anyone visiting your teapot (where you get the weekly BP mission stuff). Stock is limited to what you see, so if somebody else buys out your teapot's vendor, it's gone until the next week.

So Why are Fatui still allowed in Mondstadt? Didn't they attack their Archon right outside the cathedral? Even if no one witnessed it I am sure Traveller would have informed Jean and others about it. That should be considered an act of war pretty much IMO.

Pejo

So Why are Fatui still allowed in Mondstadt? Didn't they attack their Archon right outside the cathedral? Even if no one witnessed it I am sure Traveller would have informed Jean and others about it. That should be considered an act of war pretty much IMO.
It's been so long since I did the Mondstadt story, but basically they want to avoid further complications and tensions with Schneznaya by accusing them and having to admit to the people of Mondstadt that Venti was Barbatos. It's loose storytelling because they don't want to give up the reason that Venti basically gave up his Gnosis yet, IMO. I think once we meet the Tsarista we'll have a better idea of why these gods are just giving up their power left and right.

Pejo

Survey time! I know it's a little early, but I put a bunch of feedback on skins to hopefully get them to reconsider a bit. Basically just how tame/lame the currently leaked ones are and how they shouldn't cater to twitter who won't even play their game or buy the skins to begin with. Then I also asked them to not use Skin Gacha in Genshin because it's pure shit in Honkai. I'd rather be able to buy them outright or earn them in game. I don't feel that's asking too much. If there's a chance to get them to change anything, it's probably best before they've officially been announced, so let them hear it.

Also mentioned my current beefs with the housing system, mainly that nothing is interactive except things that you sit on, and that you can't lay down pavement/cut the grass. I also mentioned that it'd be nice if your "sets" would show the number of items you own even if they're already placed. Right now they only show as "owned" if you crafted them but haven't placed them anywhere, which makes it a nightmare to build these sets.

Fuz

Banned
Windtrace is shit.

This happened after I got caught and just alt tabbed away waiting for the match to end:
Wind-Trace-Is-Shit.jpg

Lost the time, lost the coins, temporarily banned.
Who the fuck designed this crap?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I already gave them a fair warning about Xynian.

If I had to answer I would say "and I took that personally".

crumbs

Man, it might be a long while before I pull on a banner. Eula is an easy skip and I already have Klee. Unless Kazuha really surprises with his demo, probably won't pull until 1.7.

More time to save, I guess.

Pejo

I've been having a lot of fun with my Rosaria team lately. I still wouldn't use it for the hardest content in the game since their artifacts/talents/weapons are nowhere near max, but freeze comps can be surprisingly flexible. They're a very good alternate method for taking out the large shielded enemies for instance, and they're very active as far as using skills frequently and swapping. I pretty much do all of my dailies and resin burning with them, and there's only a few situations that it's undesirable. Rosaria's moveset has grown on me too. It's very low cooldown so you're always spamming the skill along with combos and charge attacks. The moves themselves are simple but they do what they need to without breaking up the gameplay since you can use her skill mid combo and keep going.

Fuz

Banned
I've been having a lot of fun with my Rosaria team lately. I still wouldn't use it for the hardest content in the game since their artifacts/talents/weapons are nowhere near max, but freeze comps can be surprisingly flexible. They're a very good alternate method for taking out the large shielded enemies for instance, and they're very active as far as using skills frequently and swapping. I pretty much do all of my dailies and resin burning with them, and there's only a few situations that it's undesirable. Rosaria's moveset has grown on me too. It's very low cooldown so you're always spamming the skill along with combos and charge attacks. The moves themselves are simple but they do what they need to without breaking up the gameplay since you can use her skill mid combo and keep going.
Need to level her up.
Too bad I'm a Scrooge with my resources.

Aenima

The hide and seek game was more fun than i expected if you are the one hidding. If thers a tree around i climb a tree and no one finds me. Works every time. :D It sucks to be the hunter though.

From the upcoming banners seems im only pulling on Klee, already have Cocogoat and Qiqi so dont need another ice user. Eula looks nice but its a skip. Saving my primos for klee and thunder God. They need more water 5 star chars as well.

Last edited:
I've been the hunter once and wasn't able to find anyone. I was using that skill that scans in a radius around you, because there's a mora reward for using that, but it's way too small to spot anyone. I feel like hiding is much more fun (and easier) than seeking.

Pejo

Must hit soft pity to be the hunter, and then the game drop you a team full of Qiqis. Same old RNG.
I've been hearing that Mona is the OP character in this one because she moves faster and can go underground. I personally don't plan on going for those Mora rewards achievements, so I don't give a crap about that. As long as I get the xp books/Primos, I'm out.

Fuz

Banned
I've been hearing that Mona is the OP character in this one because she moves faster and can go underground. I personally don't plan on going for those Mora rewards achievements, so I don't give a crap about that. As long as I get the xp books/Primos, I'm out.
You can fix matches with friends for those mora achievements.

Speaking of which, any EU player want to make a quick buck? :3

It looks like your house and everything in it goes away if you use a new house. So much for having more than one house in your teapot at once. Really kind of dumb, IMO, because it makes the idea of earning new houses in the future come with the massive downside of losing everything you already have. I really hope they improve this in a future update.

Last edited:
So I still haven't had a chance to be the "hunter" on Windtrace. I still haven't been found either. Qiqi finally is OP at something.
Yep. Ignore the groups of haystacks, boxes, and scarecrows, and just go hide in a bush instead. It's pretty nice.

Saber

Gold Member

It looks like your house and everything in it goes away if you use a new house. So much for having more than one house in your teapot at once. Really kind of dumb, IMO, because it makes the idea of earning new houses in the future come with the massive downside of losing everything you already have. I really hope they improve this in a future update.

In terms of coming with new ideas and stuff, they aways walk 2 steps fowards and 1 backwards.
Look at how much time you lost just talking with the teapot. Every option you choose and goes back ends his conversation.
Same goes for recipes. You waste unnecessary amount of time going to your inventory just to read each new recipe.

Do we lose everything? From the video it seems like they will be removed from the house and we have to redecorate again from our inventory.

Pejo

Supposedly this guy is a reliable source of leaks:

Interesting that Shenhe/Shenli/Cloud Retainer has been wiped out of the game files and Chasm has been permanently delayed until they figure out Dendro. Also interesting that every Archon is apparently going to be support instead of DPS, though I don't hate that idea.

BlackM1st

Banned
Look at how much time you lost just talking with the teapot. Every option you choose and goes back ends his conversation.
It works exactly the same in all dialogue options unfortunately. And if you think that they will change it just for the teapot bird... Well, I dunno man. I hope they will address all other dialogues as well.

Yep. Ignore the groups of haystacks, boxes, and scarecrows, and just go hide in a bush instead. It's pretty nice.
I love to hang out on the rooftops lol. Still didn't figured out how to exploit Mona's sprint, but I like this mini game so far.

Definitely more engaging than the brain dead tower defense or terrible Diona event. Barely got 17k and said F it.

I'm pretty sure MiHo doesn't care about the "valuable feedback" people gives to them. Or they just can't create something new beyond the tired and universally hated system.

As a guy who are constantly play in coop I can say that people fucking hate the last event and constantly beg me/other randoms for help. And this is the first event I'm actively avoided to help people with. It's just opposite of fun and tiresome.

I'm sure Mihoyo cares about feedback to some degree, as long as it doesn't interfere with their money-making scheme. I think they're just scrambling for content right now, and so have to come up with quick and easy additions.

Saber

Gold Member
It works exactly the same in all dialogue options unfortunately. And if you think that they will change it just for the teapot bird... Well, I dunno man. I hope they will address all other dialogues as well.

I know, but doesn't change that all this make the experience a drag and untuitive. You should waste time deciding where to put your furnishings and design your house. Instead you waste way more time going back and foward, plus the cluncky confusing mechanics of placing system.

BJK

I get the feeling that Windtrace is going to be a "keep trying until you max out on rewards" type of experience...moreso than something I actually enjoy. That being said, I won my first game, by basically doing what I saw someone else do while I played hunter: climb to the tallest point, glide down when the hunter climbs up and tries to get you, then turn invisible and find a new hiding spot.

Pejo

Ah sorry forgot to post it...

Also, nice little Amber cameo at the end.
God damn localizers going to cause more lesbian ship shit now. In the other versions the line was "want to dance with a sinner/criminal?" What is it with this game and yuri? Anyways, Amber once again is the best.

I finally got a few rounds as the hunter in Windtrace. It's more fun than being a rebel IMO. This mode isn't particularly fun, but it's not a big time commitment like the Tower Defense mode either, so I don't mind it. Managed to buy the teapot vendor resin tonight before the reset, it lasts for 8 days.

I'm slowly getting my most played characters to lv90. It's a long slog, and most of that is the boss specific ascension materials. Somehow I ended up with a huge surplus of the elemental gemstones.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

God damn localizers going to cause more lesbian ship shit now. In the other versions the line was "want to dance with a sinner/criminal?" What is it with this game and yuri? Anyways, Amber once again is the best.

I finally got a few rounds as the hunter in Windtrace. It's more fun than being a rebel IMO. This mode isn't particularly fun, but it's not a big time commitment like the Tower Defense mode either, so I don't mind it. Managed to buy the teapot vendor resin tonight before the reset, it lasts for 8 days.

I'm slowly getting my most played characters to lv90. It's a long slog, and most of that is the boss specific ascension materials. Somehow I ended up with a huge surplus of the elemental gemstones.
Isn't Mihoyo known for pushing yuri to the point Honkai is known as Yuri Impact? lmao

I still don't know how GanyuxKeqing became a thing...

Pejo

Isn't Mihoyo known for pushing yuri to the point Honkai is known as Yuri Impact? lmao

I still don't know how GanyuxKeqing became a thing...
Well Honkai only has female playable characters, and most of the men are villains, so there wasn't really anywhere else for it to go.

Genshin's stuff on the other hand is just people purposely ignoring lore and flavor text. Like Beidou and Ning don't even like each other, but respect each other's hussle, but shippers have been spewing that garbage since launch. The only ones I'll forgive are the Lumine ships because she is a MC.

Amber is basically the only friend that Eula has, and pities how nobody else will talk to her, but now somehow that means that they munch carpet together.

Top Bottom