• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

YukiOnna

Well Honkai only has female playable characters, and most of the men are villains, so there wasn't really anywhere else for it to go.

Genshin's stuff on the other hand is just people purposely ignoring lore and flavor text. Like Beidou and Ning don't even like each other, but respect each other's hussle, but shippers have been spewing that garbage since launch. The only ones I'll forgive are the Lumine ships because she is a MC.

Amber is basically the only friend that Eula has, and pities how nobody else will talk to her, but now somehow that means that they munch carpet together.
Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Somehow Ganyu having a positive opinion about Keqing turns into them in bed.
Lumine ones are pretty good regardless of the character... except Childe. Screw Childe.

Do we lose everything? From the video it seems like they will be removed from the house and we have to redecorate again from our inventory.
Sorry if that was misleading, but I just meant that you lose all of the choices you made when you placed the furniture the first time.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Isn't Mihoyo known for pushing yuri to the point Honkai is known as Yuri Impact? lmao

I still don't know how GanyuxKeqing became a thing...

the CCP made yuri a mental illness some weeks ago, mihoyo deleted the manga where they had yuri and and they re-uploaded it again, there is fear with the propaganda so don't expect a big deal.

Last edited:
Sorry if that was misleading, but I just meant that you lose all of the choices you made when you placed the furniture the first time.

Got it. I am assuming because the house layout would be different it would be difficult for the game AI to know where to place the sets and items based on how we had put earlier in the other house.

Pejo

So CN version is implementing Multi Factor Authentication this week. Here's hoping it's making its way west soon.

Also, some guy on Reddit hit rank 8 teapot, and some interesting bits:

• Your cumultive coziness across all realms is tied together, and you don't get bonus adeptal energy for having more than 1.
  • You can use the same furniture once in each realm - so if you have a crafting table in your first realm, you can also use it in your second realm
  • You can essentially because of the above have 1 realm that's just maxing out your energy and ugly as fuck, then work on your second realm to make it look nice without worrying about load or fitting shit in just to get coziness.
Kinda a bit of good news, kinda a bit of bad.

Fuz

Banned
Official word on MFA:

I really fucking hope it's not mandatory. I bloody hate 2FA and sometimes those codes take a very fucking long time to arrive in my mail.

BlackM1st

Banned
So... LVL 90 Pyro domain.

Our glorious team:
  • My Cocogoat
  • lvl 70 Popsicle boy
  • lvl 70 Ning
  • lvl 70 Xiao
I say no lvl 70. They say "no, trust me".

I say switch to water. They say "no, no water bro".

Ok. We start and I just watch.

And gasp, what a surprise, our glorious trio fails to kill even 1 fire slime!

Then I was called mean. Obviously.

Called out for "not helping". When I said that I tried to help when I said to add water they kicked me.

This whole thing was sad and hysterical in the same time lmao.

Pejo

Our glorious team:
  • My Cocogoat
  • lvl 70 Popsicle boy
  • lvl 70 Ning
  • lvl 70 Xiao

Called out for "not helping". When I said that I tried to help when I said to add water they kicked me.

You finally hit a scenario that you couldn't Klee your way out of.

crumbs

Our glorious team:
  • My Cocogoat
  • lvl 70 Popsicle boy
  • lvl 70 Ning
  • lvl 70 Xiao

At least they didn't bring an electro character. Some folks just ignore the leyline disorder to predictable results.

crumbs

Fuz playing co-op:

Akira Kurosawa Arson GIF by Maudit

BlackM1st

Banned
You finally hit a scenario that you couldn't Klee your way out of.
God knows I tried to help them...With my words of wisdom. I even gave them a fighting chance and just stayed in the corner and watched. Turns out I was a bad guy all along lol
I used Klee together with my Cocogoat next time because my coop partner had Tart lol

At least they didn't bring an electro character. Some folks just ignore the leyline disorder to predictable results.
Yeah, but I knew that we were fucked the moment I saw "trust me" and "no water bro" messages lol I pressed "ready" just to see the world burn. LVL 90 Electric cat could at least smack some slimes. But. Nah. We were too cool for switching, we wanted a Cocogoat to carry us and let us feel good and pat ourselves on the back after. Tough luck bitches.
Bounce No GIF

crumbs

Yeah, but I knew that we were fucked the moment I saw "trust me" and "no water bro" messages lol I pressed "ready" just to see the world burn. LVL 90 Electric cat could at least smack some slimes. But. Nah. We were too cool for switching, we wanted a Cocogoat to carry us and let us feel good and pat ourselves on the back after.

When I did that domain co-op a couple of months ago, that was my hope as well when I saw they brought Keqing. Surely they had a physical damage Keqing and knew that causing Overload reactions would damage us, right?

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Instead we got wiped pretty quick due mostly to self-inflicted damage.

In their defense, the game doesn't show you the disorder until after you select your characters. This is something the devs could improve.

Pejo

Damn, I just got hunter for my first run of Windtrace today, found all 3 of them in less than 2 minutes and got 780~ish coins in a single round. I bet I looked like a badass, but I went to the 3 spots I had previously hid before on that map and it just so happened to be where they were. Still, as far as they know, I'm elite at hide n' seek.

Anyone else think that the hunter should have a black screen until the countdown is over? It feels too easy when you can still see them juking around the stage while it prepares.

Fuz

Banned
Anyone else think that the hunter should have a black screen until the countdown is over? It feels too easy when you can still see them juking around the stage while it prepares.
Definitely.

I personally feel that playing hunter is already much easier.

Saber

Gold Member

Our glorious team:
  • My Cocogoat
  • lvl 70 Popsicle boy
  • lvl 70 Ning
  • lvl 70 Xiao

Same feel bro.

Was doing coop at this new marvelous "spam shield" artifact dungeon(physical artifacts).
Used my main(Kaeya), while the others members were using Zonghli, Hu Tao and Keqing. All of them were lvl 90 while I was the only one at 80.

My team was pretty sweet to me. The trio faced one Geovihap while I faced the other alone.

I manage to beat him(I would spam bursts the entire time if it wasn't for the global delay), but when I notice they were still facing the other. Seriously, I though someone was making fun of me or something. How could 3 players at level 90 still battling a geovihap?

After the battle, they didn't say a thing and just kick me. The best thing about coop is being kicked. It's a warm feeling of joy doing coop games.

Btw, who is this Popsicle boy?

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I watch her streams now and I must say she's yawn inducing. It's a shame that such a cool design is wasted on a stopgap phys character... She's not bad and she's not weak, but she's as average as it gets.

BlackM1st

Banned
Guy on a stream just pulled EULA in 10 and her weapon in 10. Weapon was in first 10 after previous 5☆ weapon. Crazy lol

Last edited:

Dregnel

i'm just watching streamers about her and you need over 6-8 E(with 7 seconds CD each) to get her ulti, that is really bad but her damage is kinda decent i guess but still you need to use her ulti for full stack faster but sounds like a pain compared to ganyu where you can do that damage with only 3-4 charged attack.

Saber

Gold Member
I watch her streams now and I must say she's yawn inducing. It's a shame that such a cool design is wasted on a stopgap phys character... She's not bad and she's not weak, but she's as average as it gets.

Yeah, I said that when they annouced her kit.

She could basically create a twister(could even use her dance, producing a cryo storm) or enchant the weapon with cryo(in a similar fashion as Noelle), create Ice spikes from the ground that throws enemies at the air while create an ice area for her to "ski", etc . Anything is better than this boring kit.
If they could be ever called lazy is now.

Dregnel

Yeah, I said that when they annouced her kit.

She could basically create a twister(could even use her dance, producing a cryo storm) or enchant the weapon with cryo(in a similar fashion as Noelle), create Ice spikes from the ground that throws enemies at the air while create an ice area for her to "ski", etc . Anything is better than this boring kit.
If they could be ever called lazy is now.
based on leakers they created Eula with Shenhe's kit, a 4 star character, it's hu tao all over again but with less damage.

crumbs

Getting another cryo physical damage character after Rosaria just launched in April is underwhelming. Obviously Eula is going to be much more viable as a physical damage DPS, but at least Rosaria offers some utility as a cryo sub-DPS with her ability to apply cryo when off the field.

As mentioned above, Eula's kit feels like a 4 star setup with 5 star stats. Even her burst animation feels pretty half-assed. Maybe Eula would have been more interesting as a hydro character?

As an aside, the devs could be in a tough spot at this point with higher AR players. A lot of fans want every new 5 star to be a DPS god, but as someone at AR55, I (not FTP, but a low spender) have plenty of DPS characters that can handle the game's current content. Pulling Zhongli on the last banner was much more interesting to me as his support abilities are something that I was lacking. If I'm still playing this game in the future and I find that my DPS characters are struggling with more difficult content, then I will pull on whatever the latest DPS monster's banner. Otherwise it feels kinda pointless to pull Eula, spend a ton of resources and time to build her to viability at WL8, only to have her work as well as my current DPS characters. Yes, she fills out her body suit nicely, but there's a plenty of other spandex-covered asses in this game. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

BlackM1st

Banned
, she fills out her body suit nicely, but there's a plenty of other spandex-covered asses in this game
Yeah, those dorks who say to not use sprint in game are obviously missing the point...Or don't have Cocogoat.

3-4 charged attack.
4 for me. With no setup, no team bonuses. Just a Geo resonance but that's it. Not even using Geo Lord's shield. Just point and click. That's why I was very disappointed when I heard the news about next fire bow user to be a support. In what way it makes her "similar to Cocogoat"??? Bah.

Pejo

Yeah, those dorks who say to not use sprint in game are obviously missing the point...Or don't have Cocogoat.

4 for me. With no setup, no team bonuses. Just a Geo resonance but that's it. Not even using Geo Lord's shield. Just point and click. That's why I was very disappointed when I heard the news about next fire bow user to be a support. In what way it makes her "similar to Cocogoat"??? Bah.
I've been wanting a good off-field Pyro support for the longest time now that isn't Gouba, so I'm actually really excited to see Yomiya's kit.

Getting another cryo physical damage character after Rosaria just launched in April is underwhelming. Obviously Eula is going to be much more viable as a physical damage DPS, but at least Rosaria offers some utility as a cryo sub-DPS with her ability to apply cryo when off the field.

As mentioned above, Eula's kit feels like a 4 star setup with 5 star stats. Even her burst animation feels pretty half-assed. Maybe Eula would have been more interesting as a hydro character?

As an aside, the devs could be in a tough spot at this point with higher AR players. A lot of fans want every new 5 star to be a DPS god, but as someone at AR55, I (not FTP, but a low spender) have plenty of DPS characters that can handle the game's current content. Pulling Zhongli on the last banner was much more interesting to me as his support abilities are something that I was lacking. If I'm still playing this game in the future and I find that my DPS characters are struggling with more difficult content, then I will pull on whatever the latest DPS monster's banner. Otherwise it feels kinda pointless to pull Eula, spend a ton of resources and time to build her to viability at WL8, only to have her work as well as my current DPS characters. Yes, she fills out her body suit nicely, but there's a plenty of other spandex-covered asses in this game. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Unlike Rosaria, Eula cannot run a freeze comp, which is a significant weakness IMO. Freeze allows for some shenanigans that you otherwise won't be able to get with any other team, but Eula removes the fantastic CC of frozen enemies for shatter - a physical reaction that scales on Elemental Mastery. So like...what asshole in their right mind is going to build a Physical character with a ton of Elemental Mastery. On top of that, you'd have to keep reapplying Hydro to make that type of thing work and she has no constant Cryo application like Rosaria has to be able to swap back and forth. So the numbers might be better, but she's actually worse in practice than Rosaria for one of Cryo's big advantages. I do wish that Eula was Hydro or even Anemo instead of Cryo, but they probably had to lean on Superconduct to make her physical based kit not hit like a wet noodle, so we have Cryo anyways.

That's why I was very disappointed when I heard the news about next fire bow user to be a support. In what way it makes her "similar to Cocogoat"??? Bah.
One Ganyu isn't enough for you? You just want one for every element?

Just kidding, but the actual question is what makes her a support. The answer is that she's probably not gonna do any significant damage.

As an aside, the devs could be in a tough spot at this point with higher AR players. A lot of fans want every new 5 star to be a DPS god, but as someone at AR55, I (not FTP, but a low spender) have plenty of DPS characters that can handle the game's current content. Pulling Zhongli on the last banner was much more interesting to me as his support abilities are something that I was lacking.
On the one hand yes, on the other all of the most popular 5 stars (Venti, Zhongli and Ganyu) can be used as supports. Ganyu's the only one that can really function as DPS. I think it's mostly the F2P who want more DPS characters because that's the one you spend most time with.

Pejo

she does around 150-170k with f2p weapons and c0, meanwhile if she is c6 and weapon she does around 776k damage, they blocked all her damage in the constellations. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
150-170k damage how? In a burst? Per second? I don't understand the metric.

BlackM1st

Banned
Top Bottom