• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Trying to think of who would want this new craftable Inazuma sword. I love the look. I think Albedo could make good use of this, and I think it's going to go really well in general with that new artifact set if you play a swordie that doesn't need to use their burst often (the one that takes 15 energy away every time you use your elemental skill but gives you buffs). You'd ideally want a strong DPS candidate that has a really low elemental skill cooldown. I guess it's fine for Keqing too, but she's going to want that new 5* sword hotness.

8fvt9x2cd2671.jpg

crumbs

Trying to think of who would want this new craftable Inazuma sword. I love the look. I think Albedo could make good use of this, and I think it's going to go really well in general with that new artifact set if you play a swordie that doesn't need to use their burst often (the one that takes 15 energy away every time you use your elemental skill but gives you buffs). You'd ideally want a strong DPS candidate that has a really low elemental skill cooldown. I guess it's fine for Keqing too, but she's going to want that new 5* sword hotness.

8fvt9x2cd2671.jpg
Sword seems pretty good for a 4 star craftable weapon, especially in comparison to the current prototype swords.

It's also interesting to see the ascension materials. Looks like a a type of branch (this is probably the domain material since it has a gold version), new type of ruin machine drop, and what looks like a sword's guard, so maybe a drop by the samurai enemies we've seen.

Plus there's the purple stone. Hopefully there will be an Inzauma expedition that I can send Xinyan on to gather :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Pejo

Sword seems pretty good for a 4 star craftable weapon, especially in comparison to the current prototype swords.

It's also interesting to see the ascension materials. Looks like a a type of branch (this is probably the domain material since it has a gold version), new type of ruin machine drop, and what looks like a sword's guard, so maybe a drop by the samurai enemies we've seen.

Plus there's the purple stone. Hopefully there will be an Inzauma expedition that I can Xinyan on to gather that stone :messenger_grinning_sweat:
The stones at least are the new blue crystal ore from current areas. Just a mineable resource.

Fake

8fvt9x2cd2671.jpg

Its a good sword, but my I can't see my chars doing much with him. Maybe a claymore version for Dilluc.

crumbs

Ended up knocking out all the character gifts in the Teapot today. They still make it awkward to tell what furniture pieces you already have and if/where they are placed, so I went to my third realm, which is empty. That way I could quickly place sets and characters since all my inventory was available. Once I collected the gifts, I could remove the set and move to the next one. Didn't take long to finish all the indoor and outdoor character gift sets.

Pejo

Ended up knocking out all the character gifts in the Teapot today. They still make it awkward to tell what furniture pieces you already have and if/where they are placed, so I went to my third realm, which is empty. That way I could quickly place sets and characters since all my inventory was available. Once I collected the gifts, I could remove the set and move to the next one. Didn't take long to finish all the indoor and outdoor character gift sets.
That's actually a great idea. I've been just crafting extras because I can't be assed to look to see where I put all of that stuff, but I like your idea better.

I don't know how I missed this being added to the game, but you can transform elemental gemstones of any type into each other. Here I've been sitting on like 18 Tier 4 Geo gemstones with nothing to use them for, and I have to farm the fire/electro bosses like a billion times for their gemstones. Problem now partially solved. I only found out that you could do this by accident when I was transforming some of the boss drop talent materials for the first time and noticed that the gemstones were listed right below. You have to hit the little option button (Square on controller) to change the type of gemstones to use as a maerial. This is one of those things they should have included a tooltip about, I feel.

Man it's sudden and obvious how little there is to do in the Archipelago after you get all the achievements. I don't understand why they don't throw some repeatable grinding events in there to let players go nuts. Surely at this point in the game there's no need to be so stingy with XP books or ores or something like that. I would even keep doing the floatsam or camp killing events just for a few blue xp books per run.

*edit*

Grain of salt time...
c6bhmh7dvb671.jpg

Render of Raiden, Yae, and Sara

adzrlq63ea671.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I did exactly the same.

Fake

Its not like we can solve the wait problem. In fact, we are almost the next update to put finally a new territory with new chests, plot, workship, chars, etc...

After all, those claymore don't quite match the ninja player style, maybe this new update can put some new ones.

Pejo

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that the Ayaka banner is going to bomb. No new 4*, and it feels like in every community that I read about her, the hype is dead for the character. Yoimiya came up and stole her thunder, and a lot of people are planning on doing Fuz Fuz 's plan of Kazuha -> skip -> Yoimiya.

Personally I'll likely skip both Kaz and Ayaka to see if I can increase my chances of C1 Yoimiya and a few copies of Tanuki.
Meh, I don't care about waiting, it won't fix Sayu's fundamental problem : I like my ninja girls with some (a lot) more life & hometown.
I'm almost positive we're going to see more ninja girls down the road in Inazuma. There's no way that Saku is the only one.

Pejo

A few more leaks, semi reliable it seems.

1. Sayu Testing Details:
- Sayu > QiQi
--Pros About Sayu :
Amazing healing capabilities, the same or better than Qiqi. Constellations are all very good Simple to build
--Cons About Sayu :
Damage is low when running full EM ER issues if she has no battery
[She struggles producing particles for herself]

2. Mirror Maiden having this much invincibility frames in the new Abyss is a a hate crime..

3. Ayaka Testing Details:

Her burst is very easy to miss
C2 is not needed.
Burst can stick on heavy enemies and sometimes frozen enemies doing almost max damage on them. (OP) It looks busted but it's also very easy to miss. Freeze is recommended to have it hit easier.

4. Yoimiya Testing Details:
Vape Yoimiya is really not that good IMO for her AA with Xingqiu Xingqiu vapes most of the hits More prominent of the flaw at C6. After more optimization with gear, Yoimiya at c6 R5 new Bow can hit upwards to 70k+ per AA. Might test crafted bow next.

5. About Inazuma Abyss:
The Spiral Abyss currently in the Inazuma update as of now is one of the hardest Spiral Abyss players will have to face. To clear it with all 9* will be a huge undertaking according to what I'm hearing. It's difficult for even maxed con and 5* weapons/characters.
I am strictly speaking about Floor 12 for now.
It may be nerfed. All subject to change based on final release.
My thoughts, I feel this will be great for content creators and those who like to challenge themselves with the hardest content.
You will get way more primos than you've ever had before in the inazuma update.

Credits: BaizhuMains - https://twitter.com/BaizhuMains

What is up with these leaks mentioning full constellation, full refinement 5 star weapons damage? Like, no shit you're gonna get high numbers when you pay $1000+ for one character.

I'm skeptical about most of these new characters, and the wait is honestly killing me. I wish the banners would change quicker. Throw in a repeat banner or one of the standard 5 stars or something. Better than looking at the same old chars I'm not interested in.

Fake

5. About Inazuma Abyss:
The Spiral Abyss currently in the Inazuma update as of now is one of the hardest Spiral Abyss players will have to face. To clear it with all 9* will be a huge undertaking according to what I'm hearing. It's difficult for even maxed con and 5* weapons/characters.

Is that because of the Samurai boss? Was already hard to beat the Heralt Hydro with that sponge hit point, two of those Samurai with loads of HP and the ley line curse will be a pain on the ass.

Pejo

I've been trying to get Dvalin's Claw from StormTerror Challange level 70+ and it hasn't dropped yet.

I've gotten 2 billets and no Dvalin's Claw. I figured the billets were the rare drop and Dvalin's claw was the common drop because it is used for talents upgrading. o_O
You can actually transform boss drops at the alchemy table. Go in and it's the 2nd tab over from where you craft usual ascension materials.
What is up with these leaks mentioning full constellation, full refinement 5 star weapons damage? Like, no shit you're gonna get high numbers when you pay $1000+ for one character.

I'm skeptical about most of these new characters, and the wait is honestly killing me. I wish the banners would change quicker. Throw in a repeat banner or one of the standard 5 stars or something. Better than looking at the same old chars I'm not interested in.
Beta tests give the players the ability to set any constellation or weapon that they want to test out the characters. Naturally for most people that means blasting it to 11 and looking at big numbers.
Get fucked.
Yea it's completely unrealistic by all but the biggest whales, but the concerning thing about that is 70k auto attacks. That absolutely dwarfs any other character including current best DPS (by a large margin), Ganyu. With how often and fast Yoimiya can shoot auto attacks, wew boy. It also likely means since this is the beta, she's gonna get nerfed to hell before we see her.
Is that because of the Samurai boss? Was already hard to beat the Heralt Hydro with that sponge hit point, two of those Samurai with loads of HP and the ley line curse will be a pain on the ass.
Consensus is that the new water abyss witches have a shitload of invulnerability time. My least favorite mechanic in the whole game.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Woah! Thanks. I can at least get one from a transformation. But at least that is better then nothing. Now I don't mind getting Dvalin's Plume if I can transform it.
Transformation is a relatively new function. Without it... Boy, it was a rough ride. Wolf refused to drop Klee's mats for months for me!

Exentryk

Progress Update:
Went and completed Abyss up to 3-3 with the party of Noelle (40), Fischl (50), Sucrose (40), Barbara (21). It was quite easy and got 3 stars in all of them. So unlocked Xiangling and added her to the team and replaced Barbara. Guoba and Oz are a complete riot. Add Sucrose to spread that nonsense around and it makes it even better, lol.

After this, I spent a few days venturing into the Dragonspine. Must say that this whole area was really enjoyable. The sheer cold mechanic meant your exploration had to be a little more linear, which was a nice change of pace. Also enjoyed the aspect of finding all the secrets like those agate stones, which had better rewards than the usual -culus stones. Finding some of those secret chambers at the end was also nice, and the rewards were worthwhile as well. So overall, even though there wasn't an extravagant ending, it was still an awesome experience.

Also did a few more pulls. I got the Rust bow and Xinyan. Currently 70 pulls on the character banner and no Klee in sight. Not sure I'll be able to get her before the end of the period. Let's see.

Currently AR34. Need AR35 to progress the Liyue questline. So going to have to do random chores to raise this rank now. I wish the AR requirements weren't as high for someone that just wants to enjoy the main questlines.

Pejo

Progress Update:
Went and completed Abyss up to 3-3 with the party of Noelle (40), Fischl (50), Sucrose (40), Barbara (21). It was quite easy and got 3 stars in all of them. So unlocked Xiangling and added her to the team and replaced Barbara. Guoba and Oz are a complete riot. Add Sucrose to spread that nonsense around and it makes it even better, lol.

After this, I spent a few days venturing into the Dragonspine. Must say that this whole area was really enjoyable. The sheer cold mechanic meant your exploration had to be a little more linear, which was a nice change of pace. Also enjoyed the aspect of finding all the secrets like those agate stones, which had better rewards than the usual -culus stones. Finding some of those secret chambers at the end was also nice, and the rewards were worthwhile as well. So overall, even though there wasn't an extravagant ending, it was still an awesome experience.

Also did a few more pulls. I got the Rust bow and Xinyan. Currently 70 pulls on the character banner and no Klee in sight. Not sure I'll be able to get her before the end of the period. Let's see.

Currently AR34. Need AR35 to progress the Liyue questline. So going to have to do random chores to raise this rank now. I wish the AR requirements weren't as high for someone that just wants to enjoy the main questlines.
Just curious more than anything, do you get to do the event in Dragonspine with Albedo where he gives you the free 4* sword, or do you have just a basic questline for that area?

Exentryk

Just curious more than anything, do you get to do the event in Dragonspine with Albedo where he gives you the free 4* sword, or do you have just a basic questline for that area?
No, I didn't have anything with Albedo, or any other character interaction for that matter. I got the 4 star pole arm (via crafting) and a 4 star claymore from the secret room. Both these weapons have the same ability of that icicle dropping.

Was there more to Dragonspine before when it launched?

BlackM1st

Banned
What the hell? Why would they take that one quest out if the rest of it is all in?
Probably to provoke FOMO and make people play more/come back to the game. That's why you should complete current events/limited quests asap because there's no guarantee that any of it will come back lol

MNpyHRP.jpg

VzqxIfm.jpg

Last edited:
What the hell? Why would they take that one quest out if the rest of it is all in?
The rest of it is not in, unfortunately. Although that was the only event quest so far that took place on Dragonspine. Now that it's gone, there's just no lore quest in that area at all, sadly. We pretty much all agree, it's a dumb choice the developers have made.

Here's another example of a lot of lore that was placed behind a limited time event, and this is only the first part of the quest.

Last edited:

Pejo

That's a shame.
I'd like to assume that they'd eventually get added to that "unlockable with keys" section of quests, down the road. It makes no sense to hide lore-containing quests behind limited time events. Even if they don't give you the event bosses or shops, you should at least be able to do the quest parts.

In-game shots of Sara, Komimi, Yae, Shogun.

7w6703fyvk671.jpg

zeakk8gtpk671.png

kyytt59ptk671.png

nhv7wrsl3l671.png

Last edited:

crumbs

I'm probably pulling on Ayaka's banner and then waiting for future Inazuma character banners. Currently, I've saved about enough for 105 wishes and I'm at 45-ish wishes in on the character banner, so I hoping to quickly hit the soft pity on Ayaka's banner and then bank the rest and keep saving for the future. Of course, this is a 50/50 pity, so Qiqi is always lurking to ruin my plans.

I had initially leaned toward Yoimiya, but I'm not feeling AAing with a bow user as the primary attack method. I think sword users would be easier to integrate into how I prefer to play.

Top Bottom