• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

The Albedo cursed sword is quite decent depending of your char. And take into consideration those wish weapons and the way the level rank up works, those event weapons are great.

BlackM1st

Banned
The Albedo cursed sword is quite decent depending of your char. And take into consideration those wish weapons and the way the level rank up works, those event weapons are great.
Well, Dodoco tales is just as good as some 5☆ catalysts, so I can't complain. Yeah, events are limited, but weapons are good, even great.

Fake

Well, Dodoco tales is just as good as some 5☆ catalysts, so I can't complain. Yeah, events are limited, but weapons are good, even great.

Yeah, but I talking about the way you need to increase the level up their ranks. 5 star are strong, but you need luck to get another one to increase their rank, unlike this sword.

crumbs

Is Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers still a good thing to use even if it is a 3 star? I have it on Barbara as I usually switch to her, do something quick and switch to someone else. Figured this catalyst is perfect for her.
Yes, it's still a good option for Barbara since it scales on HP (which helps her healing) and the passive works well since you mostly swap her in and out quickly, plus you can easily max refine it.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah, the only downside is that you still use Barbie lmao...
She's a staple on my Diluc/Goat/Xiangling team. Provide constant access to vape and freeze, heals, and with Thrilling Tales, gives a 48% ATK boost. Can't go wrong with her for that team. Plus it's nice for a Diluc team since he's always getting himself damaged by the burning grass due to his playstyle and she has a nice HoT to compensate.

Fuz

Banned
I just discovered that those balloon throw puzzles repop. I just found one that I've already done the first days (the annoying one with the rotating circle). And a few days ago I found another one in plain sight on a spot where I'm sure I did one of those puzzles, but it was a bit different. They can pop with a semi-random selection, I guess, and this would explain why I saw a different one I didn't had on youtube, some days ago.

EDIT: Of course I had to find the most annoying one of the bunch. It might also be bugged, on two [four now] attempts the ball went straight through the target without triggering it. I'm going to porcodio a lot.

Last edited:

crumbs

I just discovered that those balloon throw puzzles repop. I just found one that I've already done the first days (the annoying one with the rotating circle). And a few days ago I found another one in plain sight on a spot where I'm sure I did one of those puzzles, but it was a bit different. They can pop with a semi-random selection, I guess, and this would explain why I saw a different one I didn't had on youtube, some days ago.

EDIT: Of course I had to find the most annoying one of the bunch. It might also be bugged, on two attempts the ball went straight through the target without triggering it.
I think a couple (maybe 2-3) new ones appeared when the 4th phase of the event started. Not sure if new harpastum puzzles have appeared since because I haven't been back to the islands after clearing the last event shop. I'll look around tonight to see if any other new ones appeared.

Fuz

Banned
Yeah this shit is making me rage hard. "Completed" it 6-7 times and the ball goes in just a little on the side, hitting the "leaf" and going through without triggering it.

Of all puzzles that could have repopped...

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I made some tests with weapons (=I only leveled up one spear and often forget to swap it back between Xiao/Rosaria), and I'm quite surprised how low the weapon level impacts on the damage. I didn't see the drop in damage that I was expecting. Of course it hits for less, but I was expecting to hit like a wet noodle while, in fact, I was hitting like a dry noodle.
Anyway. Seems to me that leveling artifacts has a much bigger impact than leveling weapons.

Last edited:

Fake

Depends of the weapon and artifacts are in more number than the weapon himself.

5 star weapons usually get a huge boost in comparison with 4/3 stars.

Pejo

I made some tests with weapons (=I only leveled up one spear and often forget to swap it back between Xiao/Rosaria), and I'm quite surprised how low the weapon level impacts on the damage. I didn't see the drop in damage that I was expecting. Of course it hits for less, but I was expecting to hit like a wet noodle while, in fact, I was hitting like a dry noodle.
Anyway. Seems to me that leveling artifacts has a much bigger impact than leveling weapons.
I have such a mental block with leveling artifacts. I hate dumping time/materials into stuff that will easily be replaced when the next hotness comes out. I know you still get like 80% of the xp when using one as a material, but that's still a lot of wasted Mora, xp, and time. That's why I've left artifact leveling until last despite it being a pretty big boost to your overall character strength. I've been focusing on getting every character I own to level 81 at least (90 for the DPS carries) since character level affects all sorts of things such as reaction damage and overall damage vs. enemy level. I've also been keeping up on my weapons, at least the good ones, because they're something that will never completely become worthless. I can always give them to different characters or save them for specific uses. Talents are important, but they're second to last in my mind just because of the huge Mora sink that they are. I leveled 2 of Childe's talents this morning and after the first one I already had that weekly "spend 500k mora" achievement for the BP. That's more than a little stupid. Still, even those are permanent, and a good investment for a variety of reasons depending on how you use a character.

With so many existing artifacts and sets, and the new ones coming out in most major updates, it just seems like a huge money/time waste to dig deep into them until I have everything else maxed out. In my mind at least. I'm sure it's probably a stupid idea. That's why my DPS characters are running full Gladiator/Wanderer's and supports are running mixes with Exile/Berserkers, mostly all around artifact level 12. I still to this day have never run a single artifact domain.

That said, I now have at least 4 full unique teams worth of characters that are all "endgame" viable, and 3 really powerful dps carries in Childe, Eula, and Ganyu. Diluc is a little behind them, but he can still hang with the level 90 content for now. It's nice to have lots of options for how I want to approach a given situation. I've always been that guy that levels side characters in RPGs though, whether they're good or not.

Fuz

Banned
Depends of the weapon and artifacts are in more number than the weapon himself.

5 star weapons usually get a huge boost in comparison with 4/3 stars.
Xiao with good artifacts and lvl 1 spear hits much more heavily than Rosaria with shit artifacts and lvl 80 spear.

Edit: just realized he also has higher talents. Mmmmm.

I have such a mental block with leveling artifacts.
Oh, don't talk to me about this. I bloody hate farming them, and sure as fuck I'm not gonna level up mediocre ones. Most of my characters have lvl 1 sets.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
In my mind at least. I'm sure it's probably a stupid idea.

Most of my characters have lvl 1 sets.
200.gif

Animated GIF

What the fuck haha

I have such a mental block with leveling artifacts. I hate dumping time/materials into stuff that will easily be replaced when the next hotness comes out.
Isn't that what this game's about? You're gonna get new weapons, characters and artifacts that blow the old stuff out of the water, and there's nothing you can do about it. Artifacts are probably the best and safest investment from that list. They're cheap to get and level up, can be used as fuel for new, better artifacts if you ever get them, and can be transferred to other characters. Comparatively, leveling up each character you own is incredibly costly and quite risky. Who knows if that character is gonna be relevant in the future? But hey, play the way you want. Whatever makes you happy.

crumbs

I've only really started farming artifacts the last two months. It's not really satisfying because even when you finally get a artifact with the desired main stat, it can have shitty sub-stats or it will level up the one sub-stat you don't want (Looking at you DEF & DEF%). That said, I can knock them out pretty quick with condensed resin and I prefer mixing and matching artifacts to leveling up characters that I don't enjoy playing.

If I could tweak the artifact system, I would make it so that every 5 star artifact started with 4 sub-stats and that you could choose the which sub-stats to upgrade, with some kind of limit on how many times you could upgrade an individual sub-stat. There would still be RNG in getting the artifact with the right stats an sub-stats, but at least the player would have some control over how that potentially rare artifact levels up.

Fake

Isn't that what this game's about? You're gonna get new weapons, characters and artifacts that blow the old stuff out of the water, and there's nothing you can do about it. Artifacts are probably the best and safest investment from that list. They're cheap to get and level up, can be used as fuel for new, better artifacts if you ever get them, and can be transferred to other characters. Comparatively, leveling up each character you own is incredibly costly and quite risky. Who knows if that character is gonna be relevant in the future? But hey, play the way you want. Whatever makes you happy.

Artifacts are safe, but still at mercy of RNG. Trying to get the right attribute or increase the right attribute is a pain on the ass.

Lupingosei

Banned
Artifact farming is pain in the ass, but if you do not insist on the perfect artifact, it works and just level that. If later the perfect one drops, you can just use the new one.

As a new player, I am missing those constallations; they are such a huge damage buff. I know it will change with time, but still.

Should have an option to rewatch all the cutscenes on the game.
Weirdly enough, I just recently noticed in the menus you can find and listen to every line of dialog in every story quest that you've played.

I thought there might be a video showing how, and sure enough there is:

Last edited:

Fake

Weirdly enough, I just recently noticed in the menus you can find and listen to every line of dialog in every story quest that you've played.

I thought there might be a video showing how, and sure enough there is:

Yeah, some cutscenes are good, but we need either go to youtube or make a game from zero.

Pejo

Should have an option to rewatch all the cutscenes on the game.
Don't hold your breath there. Honkai is a disgusting mess if you want to rewatch the story. Their official channel doesn't even keep all of the event CGs either, so you have to depend on fans to record it and host it. Luckily Genshin fans are even more obsessed, so people are doing just that.

*edit*

Interesting leak this morning:

According to sources, 1.7 will feature a fishing rod, which you can use to go fishing in water, especially the contaminated water areas in Inazuma, which may yield artifacts and materials (max 5*), but the chance is very low. Also mihoyo is very likely to make the game a bit more realistic, such as sitting and sleeping, adding momentum to gliders, and Millelith and Favonius knights will fight monsters in the wild

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Interesting leak this morning:

According to sources, 1.7 will feature a fishing rod, which you can use to go fishing in water, especially the contaminated water areas in Inazuma, which may yield artifacts and materials (max 5*), but the chance is very low. Also mihoyo is very likely to make the game a bit more realistic, such as sitting and sleeping, adding momentum to gliders, and Millelith and Favonius knights will fight monsters in the wild

If true it would be awesome news.

I keep repeating on my feedback that the lack of fishing rod is such a stupid idea. You pass your game swimming trying to get a fish, did this make any sense to them?
Sitting and sleeping would be a neat idea, could make use of a better healing without the need of towers(and could be even used to pass time).
The knights fighting would be a good idea but I need a bit more of context. Would this be a random event or they naturally attack enemies? There are indeed places where theres a knight wandering doing nothing close to possible enemies. And I'm not sure it would be for all tastes, I for one find the idea great.

Last edited:

Pejo

If true it would be awesome news.

I keep repeating on my feedback that the lack of fishing rod is such a stupid idea. You pass your game swimming trying to get a fish, did this make any sense to them?
Sitting and sleeping would be a neat idea, could make use of a better healing without the need of towers(and could be even used to pass time).
The knights fighting would be a good idea but I need a bit more of context. Would this be a random event or they naturally attack enemies? There are indeed places where theres a knight wandering doing nothing close to possible enemies. And I'm not sure it would be for all tastes, I for one find the idea great.
Yea anything to make the world feel more alive would be great. Momentum on the gliders is great too, it's always so jarring how you can be falling or jumping or running and your glider only has the one speed. Fishing was a no-brainer, and I knew they'd have it in eventually.

*edit*

This in-game shogun looks more underwhelming than I ever could have imagined. I really hope they change something before she's playable.

46v8qmyzbu671.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Nope, hydro. I cheesed it with Ningguang's construct.

kkw9ia8eis671.png

I saw this and you people need to see it too.

People will rage on twitter to take away this female abobination, while keeping the guys there because "women has a long history of forced sexuality".

Pejo

People will rage on twitter to take away this female abobination, while keeping the guys there because "women has a long history of forced sexuality".
Technically in JohnLee's lore, the game does state that he took the form of a female at least once.

Top Bottom