• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Boy, phase 2 of the event was laughably easy. you just keep picking up the magatama and just standing there and the event completes itself.

*edit*

Man they are really stretching out that Tatarasuna questline. One little fetch quest per day.

Last edited:

Pejo

Is there any way to quicken the character's elemental skill?

As far as I know, the energy recharge you can add to your character only affects their Elemental Burst, correct?

I couldn't find anything that says how you can quicken the elemental skill.
The stat for cooldown reduction exists, but so far there aren't many good ways to do it. I think Anemo resonance (2+ Anemo characters in your team at the same time) is the only way we have right now. Expect to eventually see artifact sets or weapons with it.

This is a thing now

Nice, thanks for the heads up! I thought this was going to be some sort of streaming thing, but it's more of those amazon rewards things.

Last edited:

Pejo

Ah, that's right. I forgot about "cool down"

So, energy recharge rate = Elemental Burst and Cool Down = Elemental SKill.

Thanks.
Elemental Burst also has a cooldown though, but in addition to that, yes it has an energy requirement (that you usually get by using your elemental skill or killing things). A shortly upcoming character will reduce cooldowns on Burst and supply energy, so keep an eye out.

Pejo

Does the Pc version of this still have bad anti-cheat spyware? Been playing on PS5 but would like to try it on Pc.
Nah that removed that very close to launch. It still has anti cheat in the launcher, but it closes when the game does.

Pejo

Was that web event a "one and done" thing?
yea I think if you couldn't get all of the best rewards on the first day (the ones with the sparkles around them), then you could keep trying to refresh the options up to 10 times per day until you got it.

YukiOnna

The shamisen bgm at Tatarasuna. I am in heaven.

Also, Yoimiya was really boring to play. Maybe I was an idiot and played her wrong or something.

Fake

IDK if Yoimiya have a 'right' way to play. To me, she act like a melee with elemental add to her basics attacks, so no much from her I guess.

The Ninja girl on the other hand, based on her kit, looks a rather different player style to adjust.

Pejo

The shamisen bgm at Tatarasuna. I am in heaven.

Also, Yoimiya was really boring to play. Maybe I was an idiot and played her wrong or something.
Sadly as someone that was so hyped for her, I agree. I didn't like her personality or her gameplay much. Sucks. I'll try her out a bit more when she gets her trial period during her banner, but eh. Maybe the JP voice is better too to make her more likeable. I wish we could select VAs based on the character instead of at a system level. Xinyan, Bennett, Lisa, Xiao and (presumably) Yoimiya would be JP for sure.

Anyone else feel like they're taking the piss with the Tatara quest? "Go get me 3 bugs" was the latest gripping task in the quest. I wouldn't mind if each day we had a new interesting quest with good dialogue and interesting lore bits, but the way they did it just feels like HARD time gating in the most annoying way.

Also, daily commissions fucked up for me today. I have Inazuma selected for my region and I had 3/4 commissions on the islands, but then for whatever reason I had a random ass hilichurl slaying quest at the very northern tip of Mondstadt. I thought I was retarded for not being able to find it on the map, only to realize it was on a separate continent.

YukiOnna

IDK if Yoimiya have a 'right' way to play. To me, she act like a melee with elemental add to her basics attacks, so no much from her I guess.

The Ninja girl on the other hand, based on her kit, looks a rather different player style to adjust.
What is Sayu like?

Sadly as someone that was so hyped for her, I agree. I didn't like her personality or her gameplay much. Sucks. I'll try her out a bit more when she gets her trial period during her banner, but eh. Maybe the JP voice is better too to make her more likeable. I wish we could select VAs based on the character instead of at a system level. Xinyan, Bennett, Lisa, Xiao and (presumably) Yoimiya would be JP for sure.

Anyone else feel like they're taking the piss with the Tatara quest? "Go get me 3 bugs" was the latest gripping task in the quest. I wouldn't mind if each day we had a new interesting quest with good dialogue and interesting lore bits, but the way they did it just feels like HARD time gating in the most annoying way.

Also, daily commissions fucked up for me today. I have Inazuma selected for my region and I had 3/4 commissions on the islands, but then for whatever reason I had a random ass hilichurl slaying quest at the very northern tip of Mondstadt. I thought I was retarded for not being able to find it on the map, only to realize it was on a separate continent.
Every 5 star (and most 4 stars) have something interesting going for them in their gameplay. Going from Ayaka to her is like night and day. And I retract my previous statement to you, she talks a fuck ton. Her kansai accent definitely makes it, but jesus do you talk, girl.

On the bright side, the Raiden Shogun segment was awesome. Really cool to see the actual Vision Hunt Decree in effect in gameplay. They even gave her domain expansion from Jujutsu Kaisen.

Fake

What is Sayu like?

Her elemental skill is like doing spindash, spin attack foward the enemy with a mix of offensive and repositioning. Her burst she put a doll that could either heal if no enemies are inside the area or split anemo shots on the enemy.

She use claymore, increase elemental mastery by ascention, so I still figuring out a way of create her perfect player style. Besides the new claymore from Inazuma, not a good quantity of claymores is up to the task.

Thats the kind of player style I talking about. As much Yoimiya design is great, her kit is rather boring, reminds me Eula.

Last edited:

Pejo

What is Sayu like?

Every 5 star (and most 4 stars) have something interesting going for them in their gameplay. Going from Ayaka to her is like night and day. And I retract my previous statement to you, she talks a fuck ton. Her kansai accent definitely makes it, but jesus do you talk, girl.

On the bright side, the Raiden Shogun segment was awesome. Really cool to see the actual Vision Hunt Decree in effect in gameplay. They even gave her domain expansion from Jujutsu Kaisen.
I didn't feel like Ayaka has anything cool (no pun intended) with her kit either though. They should have kept her finisher move and just put it on like a 15-20 second cooldown. Her ele skill is fine but boring, and so is her burst. The best thing she has going for her is the special dash like Mona and the cryo imbue after dashing. I played the demo stage quite a bit and she still feels weak to me. But yea, Raiden/Sara is the new hotness as far as I'm concerned, and Kokomi has a pretty weird kit, I'm all for checking it out.

Also, what kind of weeb are you. Domain Expansion? Pft.

Archer-UBW.jpg

Use basic attacks imbued with pyro until your burst is ready. Cast it, and switch to another party member to detonate the mark left on your opponent. That's literally it. She has the potential to be quite powerful because the mark deals a lot of damage. She forces players to use their sub-DPS more, which could be a positive depending on how you like to play. But it leaves Yoimiya with a underwhelming kit. There's nothing to her apart from her basic and charged attacks.

Sayu seems really fun to me, but she's a 4 star, so who knows how useful she'll be. I really want her, but I might have to skip to preserve my pity. Wouldn't want to trigger an early 5 star when Baal's right around the corner.

Pejo

Use basic attacks imbued with pyro until your burst is ready. Cast it, and switch to another party member to detonate the mark left on your opponent. That's literally it. She has the potential to be quite powerful because the mark deals a lot of damage. She forces players to use their sub-DPS more, which could be a positive depending on how you like to play. But it leaves Yoimiya with a underwhelming kit. There's nothing to her apart from her basic and charged attacks.

Sayu seems really fun to me, but she's a 4 star, so who knows how useful she'll be. I really want her, but I might have to skip to preserve my pity. Wouldn't want to trigger an early 5 star when Baal's right around the corner.
The way you describe it is what I was sold on, but in practice, at least with the artifacts/weapon she had in her quest, it took for-goddamn-ever to fill her burst. Her ele skill itself doesn't seem to provide any particles, and her infused hits also don't provide many if any at all. Which means you really need 3 things to make her work: Herself built for CRT/ATK/EM, a cryo/hydro sub DPS for melt/vape, and now seemingly a pyro or electro battery just to make her burst available. for a reasonable amount of uptime. I feel that they should give like 10-15 energy on skill activation if they genuinely want people to use her how her kit is designed. The way her burst works off-field, it's always going to be the one that procs the reaction, so you can't waste EM slots on Energy Recharge if you want big numbers. It's like a Xinyan situation with her kit is at odds with itself, and it's pretty damn frustrating to me.

Obviously the easy solution is for them to also sell you Shogun, if you actually want to use the brand new Yoimiya you just rolled. Right after you drained your resources for her and have to spend $$$, that is.

*edit*

Now that I think about it, seemingly a perfect team for her would be Yoimiya/Rosaria/Baal/Benny.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz
Obviously the easy solution is for them to also sell you Shogun, if you actually want to use the brand new Yoimiya you just rolled. Right after you drained your resources for her and have to spend $$$, that is.
That's the idea I assume. Yoimiya probably isn't popular enough to justify that kind of investment though. I don't know if electro Traveler could be a Baal replacement for this scenario.

YukiOnna

I didn't feel like Ayaka has anything cool (no pun intended) with her kit either though. They should have kept her finisher move and just put it on like a 15-20 second cooldown. Her ele skill is fine but boring, and so is her burst. The best thing she has going for her is the special dash like Mona and the cryo imbue after dashing. I played the demo stage quite a bit and she still feels weak to me. But yea, Raiden/Sara is the new hotness as far as I'm concerned, and Kokomi has a pretty weird kit, I'm all for checking it out.

Also, what kind of weeb are you. Domain Expansion? Pft.

Archer-UBW.jpg
It's my bias towards PC's that include special dash. It's just fun to use with the added cryo effect. You're right that she still doesn't seem that strong.

Sorry, I'm a failure. It's a reality marble, not a domain expansion...

Fuz

Banned
I have Inazuma selected for my region and I had 3/4 commissions on the islands, but then for whatever reason I had a random ass hilichurl slaying quest at the very northern tip of Mondstadt. I thought I was retarded for not being able to find it on the map, only to realize it was on a separate continent.
Do you have all teleports unlocked in Inazuma?

Pejo

Do you have all teleports unlocked in Inazuma?
Yep. All domains/waverider points etc too.

That reminds me - regarding domains. I really enjoy those 1 and done domains where you go in and solve puzzles, fight dudes, and get a chest at the end. I think I'm going to start adding that to my feedback. A new weekly domain that's randomized or built by the team would be a lot of fun. Even better if it was a "raid" that we could do in multiplayer, with branching paths so we could solve puzzles etc. For those of you that played destiny, something like their raids. That would be badass and finally get us out of the stupid pattern of timed HP sponge battles with a slew of debuffs for players.

Last edited:
I've also had one of my commissions pop up in Mondstadt despite setting it to Inazuma. Happened multiple times now. I've also had repeats already. I have the achievement for unlocking all teleports, so that shouldn't be the problem.

The bounties in Inazuma are much better as well by the way. No looking for tracks anymore. Still have to turn them in though to get the Mora.

Pejo

I've also had one of my commissions pop up in Mondstadt despite setting it to Inazuma. Happened multiple times now. I've also had repeats already. I have the achievement for unlocking all teleports, so that shouldn't be the problem.

The bounties in Inazuma are much better as well by the way. No looking for tracks anymore. Still have to turn them in though to get the Mora.
Agreed. Bounties without the "find the clues" crap are so much better.

Fake

Is a bug, no matter if you choise Inazuma, sometimes you'll get Mondstadt comission. Will report as soon as happen again.

Fuz

Banned
That reminds me - regarding domains. I really enjoy those 1 and done domains where you go in and solve puzzles, fight dudes, and get a chest at the end. I think I'm going to start adding that to my feedback. A new weekly domain that's randomized or built by the team would be a lot of fun. Even better if it was a "raid" that we could do in multiplayer, with branching paths so we could solve puzzles etc. For those of you that played destiny, something like their raids. That would be badass and finally get us out of the stupid pattern of timed HP sponge battles with a slew of debuffs for players.
Yep, I've said this months ago. Less stupid arenas, more dungeons. Nice to see them going in the right direction, but they're "one and done". Why invest resources in a place used only once per player?

Yep. All domains/waverider points etc too.
Then it's kinda weird. I've got the three on Inazuma and one in Mondstadt two days ago, but I thought it was because I didn't unlock the third isle pillar yet.

special dash. It's just fun to use with the added cryo effect.
It's the best part of her kit, imho. Cryo application 100% of the time.

Pejo

Man I couldn't find what I was supposed to do with those seeds, good shit.

*edit*

Got prototype sword and bow from weekly bosses this week. Made my refinement 5 Amenoma Kageuchi after some purple ore farming, now the question....who wants it? Right now I have it on Traveler just because, but his electro element version skill cooldown is too long to really make use of it. Out of the swordies I have, I guess either Jean, Kaeya, or Keqing would want it, but Jean has Skyward Blade, Keqing has r4 Black Sword, and Kaeya I haven't leveled.

Almost makes me wonder why I made it, other than the rule of cool™

Last edited:

Fake

The sword and the bow are by far the best f2p weapons by now. Can't say about the spear/claymore/cat because of their terrible secondary attribute.

Pejo

ugh, so many sidequests hinged on that damn Tatara Tales quest, and still ANOTHER day of filler tasks for it. I wonder if it's an inside joke at MHY when they were designing the quest. This is the kind of time gating that this game does that drives me insane.

LOLCats

Banned
ugh, so many sidequests hinged on that damn Tatara Tales quest, and still ANOTHER day of filler tasks for it. I wonder if it's an inside joke at MHY when they were designing the quest. This is the kind of time gating that this game does that drives me insane.
Bleh havnt even started that one yet.

Pejo

By the way, I found a grate at the pin in this image, with a visible switch to open it from the inside. I've explored all over the ground level and below where the final part of the root cleansing was. there's a little section with planks covering it that also shows the area from underground. Anybody figure out how to get in there?

N2k8080.png

Bleh havnt even started that one yet.
I recommend you do, it's like a week long of boring daily "get me 3 bugs" type quests until you can finish it.

Last edited:

What is this Tatara tales quest and where do you get it from?

Pejo

What is this Tatara tales quest and where do you get it from?
There are quite a few hidden time gated quests this time around in Inazuma. This one can be found by talking to Xavier who stands around here:

RssexX2.png

The other ones are gated behind like 3-4 real life days (server resets), but this quest in particular is at least 7 days of boring tasks to keep it moving.

Also, for those of you that are mostly done with Yashiori Island and the hidden quests there, this is a great summary of the lore behind it and Higi Village. Really worth the read, I love the lore bits they have added all over Inazuma.

Pejo

The Furnace place is a hell of place.
I love it. I also liked Yashiori island more until we permanently stop the constant thunderstorms via the quest. I thought these two areas had a nice sense of danger, I just wish those magatama shards lasted longer for the furnace part.

Top Bottom