• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I think Genshin just has shit events, a shit stamina(resin) system and revolves around daily commissions since it is balancing around being a console/PC and mobile game at the same time.

It has great production values but is still a shit gacha game.

Also Aloy.

Punishing Gray Raven is a pretty hype game outside of from what I hear of it being on a different content release schedule which makes it difficult to have enough currency/resources to do harder stuff.

DFFOO is still the best Gacha game to me. I literally can't complain.

------------------------
You can hate on FFXIV all you want but the NieR collab was damn good and is something most MMO's don't even bother doing plus the raid series is a permanent thing and isn't some 3 week special.

Saber

Gold Member
I giving a time from it, hope that sends them a message.

I mean, it's not like I stopped gaming, just stop touching their game lmao

Fake

IMO not giving stamina as a reward for exploring Inazuma was by far the worst decision ever made. I can't believe they're dennying players to get more strong/easy way of exploring the world they created.

Is so unethical.

BlackM1st

Banned
I can't believe they're dennying players to get more strong/easy way of exploring the world they created.
It's not about exploration at all.

It's about charged ATK stamina consumption.

Stamina management is crucial for characters like Klee for example. Probably MiHo designed original heroes with a set amount of stamina in mind.

Fake

It's not about exploration at all.

It's about charged ATK stamina consumption.

Stamina management is crucial for characters like Klee for example. Probably MiHo designed original heroes with a set amount of stamina in mind.

Dude, they can balance the way stamina can be used inside the game. Just make charged attack scale with percentage instead of fixed numbers and boom, problem solved.

And Abyss/Ley Line curse can use the same premisse. Is, not, that, hard...

BlackM1st

Banned
Dude, they can balance the way stamina can be used inside the game. Just make charged attack scale with percentage instead of fixed numbers and boom, problem solved.

And Abyss/Ley Line curse can use the same premisse. Is, not, that, hard...
Revamp a stamina system just to increase the amount of it available for overworld exploration? I don't see MiHo bothering with it.

Fake

Revamp a stamina system just to increase the amount of it available for overworld exploration? I don't see MiHo bothering with it.

Now you're moving the goalposts. MiHo never cared about anything, just 'listen the feedback' is their way of implement new ideias without paying devs to do it.

And was never my point of the argument. They don't give a shit? Fine, but still a stupid decision to make players exploring 100% of Inazuma without giving a proper reward.

Pejo

Now you're moving the goalposts. MiHo never cared about anything, just 'listen the feedback' is their way of implement new ideias without paying devs to do it.

And was never my point of the argument. They don't give a shit? Fine, but still a stupid decision to make players exploring 100% of Inazuma without giving a proper reward.
They asked Beta players before 2.0 what they wanted from statue rewards, the options were like "more stamina/faster stamina regen/primogems and wishes" I think the rewards got offloaded onto the Sakura tree and you saw what the idiot community picked.

BlackM1st

Banned
Apparently Mihoyo removed the community anniversary rewards post off hoyolab?
https://www.hoyolab.com/accountCenter/postList?id=1015537
I don't see it either.
Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

LMAO, GG MIHOYO , I can respect that unapologetic "fuck you, got my money" attitude xD

middle finger GIF

To move a goalpost I need to have 1 in the first place haha. You asked for stamina rewards for exploring the overworld, I said why MiHo opted to not do it. That's it. What you want or what you think is fair I don't really care, hah.

Um... so... how many we got? I honestly can't remember because I couldn't be bothered with leveling the tree or the statues. Stopped around 30% I think.

Pejo

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

LMAO, GG MIHOYO , I can respect that unapologetic "fuck you, got my money" attitude xD

middle finger GIF

To move a goalpost I need to have 1 in the first place haha. You asked for stamina rewards for exploring the overworld, I said why MiHo opted to not do it. That's it. What you want or what you think is fair I don't really care, hah.

Um... so... how many we got? I honestly can't remember because I couldn't be bothered with leveling the tree or the statues. Stopped around 30% I think.
According to https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Sacred_Sakura's_Favor

Of the rewards we know of so far, there's 14 blue wishes and 6 pink. If you use the chart as a predictor, we should get a total of 20 blue and 10 pink by level 50.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
IMO not giving stamina as a reward for exploring Inazuma was by far the worst decision ever made. I can't believe they're dennying players to get more strong/easy way of exploring the world they created.

Is so unethical.
Predatory actually. And by making it harder to traverse the world due to stamina it pads out the game. If they had treasure chests respawn every 1-2 weeks I'd probably still be playing.

As the game is now I'm still holding firm onto my "will play when the game is finished" mantra.

LOLCats

Banned
It pisses me off the event mobs usually dont drop any loot. Like i need a ton of these spectre hearts, spectres are in short supply as it is... bam like 10 of them for the investigation... then event mobs drop nothing!

anyway d2:resurrected is out, probably going to try to ween myself off genshin. We'll see how that goes

Pejo

It pisses me off the event mobs usually dont drop any loot. Like i need a ton of these spectre hearts, spectres are in short supply as it is... bam like 10 of them for the investigation... then event mobs drop nothing!

anyway d2:resurrected is out, probably going to try to ween myself off genshin. We'll see how that goes
It's not like there's going to be anything worthwhile in the game until 2.2 anyways, so not a bad idea. I've been playing through Tales of Arise. It's really fucking with me in combat, because the visual style is similar to Genshin's 3rd person combat, but the buttons are all different. R1 to attack instead of dash, etc. I look like a spaz playing it.

I think for event/challenge enemies, they don't drop anything because the player can respawn them at will and in theory just farm the shit out of them for drops. I don't get why THAT is a big deal, but apparently MHY thinks so.

BlackM1st

Banned
then event mobs drop nothing!
It's by design. Otherwise you could kill 9 out of 10, collect the drops and restart the mission again.

anyway d2:resurrected is out,
Really wanted to get it, but then I saw the user interface and fonts that they are using...Yeah, I'm too old for this shit, had enough of this eye raping when the original was released. Pass. But I heard very positive things about it, so have fun!

BlackM1st

Banned
In my head it's canon that she transforms into a mermaid every time she's swimming

This and Sara's wings used inserted of a glider is pretty big missed opportunities for MiHo I think. But eh, money talks and I can't see them to ever implement something like this even for select characters.

YukiOnna

Yea i dunno what it is exactly about the design, but Kokomi fanart is especially good.

And it's both SFW/NSFW putting out fire ones. More for the collection.

This and Sara's wings used inserted of a glider is pretty big missed opportunities for MiHo I think. But eh, money talks and I can't see them to ever implement something like this even for select characters.
Would have been nice to have some lore relevant inclusions since Sara is a Tengu IIRC.

Fake

Predatory actually. And by making it harder to traverse the world due to stamina it pads out the game. If they had treasure chests respawn every 1-2 weeks I'd probably still be playing.

As the game is now I'm still holding firm onto my "will play when the game is finished" mantra.

Yeah, GI is my first and probably my last Gansha. IDK why prevent people from using stamina while climbing is a big deal at all.

They asked Beta players before 2.0 what they wanted from statue rewards, the options were like "more stamina/faster stamina regen/primogems and wishes" I think the rewards got offloaded onto the Sakura tree and you saw what the idiot community picked.

Like I said just corn for pigeons. No offense for those who like electro traveler, but If the next country they follow the same rule this game will get boring more fast than they thing.

I like the plot, but from now I'll watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

Last edited:

Pejo

So never? :messenger_smirking:
Did you see the potential lore drop that
Durandal is actually Modified Kiana Kaslana (the real one, not K-423), who has forgotten who she is and been changed to some degree by Otto? Fucking crazy but I could actually see it.

Reizo Ryuu

Did you see the potential lore drop that
Durandal is actually Modified Kiana Kaslana (the real one, not K-423), who has forgotten who she is and been changed to some degree by Otto? Fucking crazy but I could actually see it.
Yeah I did, not sure about how that would work, but I guess it technically could; Theresa is a bit of a wrench in that theory though, since she should know where/who she was.
Also Mei is gonna fuck her shit up lol

Pejo

Yeah I did, not sure about how that would work, but I guess it technically could; Theresa is a bit of a wrench in that theory though, since she should know where/who she was.
Also Mei is gonna fuck her shit up lol
Certainly hope so. She needs a win.

Pejo

Finally got that Gourmet Supremos daily Inazuma quest, which then unlocked the world quest. I think I'm all done with Inazuma world quests until they release the last 3. Then back to Mondstadt to try to get those fucking fatui dailies.

LOLCats

Banned
It's by design. Otherwise you could kill 9 out of 10, collect the drops and restart the mission again.
Yeah but they could just as easily design it so only the first set of mobs drop loot but whatever I hear ya I just don't like it and it's that whole time gated bullshit
Really wanted to get it, but then I saw the user interface and fonts that they are using...Yeah, I'm too old for this shit, had enough of this eye raping when the original was released. Pass. But I heard very positive things about it, so have fun!
i'm playing on the Xbox SX on a 65 inch TV and it looks great to me... I don't know... I personally don't have a problem with the fonts

It's not like there's going to be anything worthwhile in the game until 2.2 anyways, so not a bad idea. I've been playing through Tales of Arise. It's really fucking with me in combat, because the visual style is similar to Genshin's 3rd person combat, but the buttons are all different. R1 to attack instead of dash, etc. I look like a spaz playing it.
yeah I still really like the game and my characters and haven't missed a daily set since I started playing yet LOL. I also don't burn through the content that quickly at this point, so I still have tons of InaZuma stuff to do

have you tried button remapping? Most games i do a little remap And it usually works great there are a couple games where it screws everything up but otherwise I remap almost every game to some extent. If the game doesn't allow it, i do it through the accessibility options on a Console or PC

Last edited:

Fake

Finally got that Gourmet Supremos daily Inazuma quest, which then unlocked the world quest. I think I'm all done with Inazuma world quests until they release the last 3. Then back to Mondstadt to try to get those fucking fatui dailies.

Damn RNG. Never get the 'Equivalent exchange' quest.

LOLCats

Banned
Good for you, I hope you and other people would enjoy and buy enough of D2 to make D4 a decent game. But I simply can't get over dark blue text on black background. Like why? Ugh.
Ah ya, that would be a fair gripe. also inventory is shit... but its sure addictive

Pejo

So I was just watching the Dragalia Lost anniversary stream. Granted it's apples and oranges, and Cygames has a history of great anniversaries, but they blew Genshin out of the water with the very first announcement.

Daily free 10 pulls on rotating banners with all of their limited "premium" type characters, for 38 days, followed by a free 100 pulls on the last day, and that's just the free pulls.

They're also doing multiple login bonuses, daily scratcher tickets, triple drops nearly across the board, etc etc.

But no worries guys, we get 10 free pulls spread out over a week. It's pretty much the same.

CGiRanger

Banned
So I was just watching the Dragalia Lost anniversary stream. Granted it's apples and oranges, and Cygames has a history of great anniversaries, but they blew Genshin out of the water with the very first announcement.

Daily free 10 pulls on rotating banners with all of their limited "premium" type characters, for 38 days, followed by a free 100 pulls on the last day, and that's just the free pulls.

They're also doing multiple login bonuses, daily scratcher tickets, triple drops nearly across the board, etc etc.

But no worries guys, we get 10 free pulls spread out over a week. It's pretty much the same.
I did laugh at how the chat was full of "Genshin would never" and "MiHoYo could learn a thing or three"

Really shows how awful they bungled their anniversary.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Destiny Child does circles around Genshin Impact when it comes to free shit.

The anniversary event for Genshin is some backwards ass thinking when they ask players to do IRL stuff instead of doing stuff in the actual game itself. And the rewards are poop.

It's the same kind of jank with the whole log into this website and not the game for rewards.

I know there is a comment somewhere where someone said they can make a commission for fanart and make $450 instead of the $5 they are offering.

If you are going to celebrate your game try to do it ingame no? Would offer incentives. But lolnope I guess.

YukiOnna

At this point I think it's the Producer. From CyGames it's well known just how important that was and the changes GBF went through when the old Producer left. Only thing that explains the discrepancy from Honkai.

BlackM1st

Banned

Amateurs. Learn from a pro:

DQtSyWy.jpg

200 random pillows! Pillows. 200. Random.

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

At this point there's no way that MiHo is not trolling on purpose xD

Top Bottom