• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
VfCqfoX.jpg
fJP6oXE.jpg
K8VsHIg.jpg
8Qxq8UI.jpg
iPTHSb8.jpg
OYpYAo9.jpg

Have no idea where's the key or what's inside. Never went there, never bothered to do any research. Google knows nothing too.

So eh... whatever is inside it's ain't no primos which means...

aint nobody got time for that GIF

Pejo

VfCqfoX.jpg
fJP6oXE.jpg
K8VsHIg.jpg
8Qxq8UI.jpg
iPTHSb8.jpg
OYpYAo9.jpg

Have no idea where's the key or what's inside. Never went there, never bothered to do any research. Google knows nothing too.

Rotating mini-map? And I thought we were friends...
🤮

The grate we see I believe is probably the exit. It looks like one of those grates that moves aside by using a switch on the inside that will plop us outside when we're finished with it. There's no prompt around there for using a key or whatever. I also went all the way to the ocean and down the crevice to see if I could find another entrance out that way. No dice.

Here's a view from the underside of the Kazari quest area where you can see how big it is. I have been trying to glitch through the floor with Qiqi for a while, but no luck.

DhCbjEv.png

Here's a good shot of the inside. I was able to camera glitch through the floor just a minute ago with Qiqi. There's foliage visible from this side and a table with a candle on it visible from the grate side, so we're definitely supposed to get in there eventually. The undeveloped areas never have those added.
d2MGj5h.png

Last edited:

Pejo

It's easier this way xD

LMAO, scrapping the bottom of the barrel but still can't get enough of GI...

The Simpsons Beer GIF
It's the curiosity more than anything that's motivating me. And from my searches so far, nobody else has even thought about trying to get in there very much. Maybe it's an ARG where the first one to get in there wins an all expenses paid trip to MHY headquarters where they are treated to dinner by women in cheongsams dressed like Ganyu and then stabbed in the parking lot by unhinged CN fans.

BlackM1st

Banned
It's the curiosity more than anything that's motivating me. And from my searches so far, nobody else has even thought about trying to get in there very much. Maybe it's an ARG where the first one to get in there wins an all expenses paid trip to MHY headquarters where they are treated to dinner by women in cheongsams dressed like Ganyu and then stabbed in the parking lot by unhinged CN fans.

zjw0gqeljui71.jpg

Tonight Show Time GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

BlackM1st

Banned
dose the story have a conclusion? or is the campaign just a set up.
It's an ongoing story of you searching for your long lost sibling.

You travel from 1 region to another and meet different Gods in hopes to get some answers.

So far there's only 3 region released (there's also 1 giant Ice Mountain, but it's not a country).

Not-Europe
Not-China
Not-Japan

Map is freaking huge.

Game is story heavy, have a lot of personal characters quest, open world quests etc.

Pejo

dose the story have a conclusion? or is the campaign just a set up.
We're 1 year into their 7 year schedule with the game, so no conclusions anywhere. Each area gets its own little "wrap up" but it's likely we'll be going back and seeing more of each area as time goes on.

Yeah boys, we have to suffer a short return to dragonspine with the Geo dudes patch, but then we can finally go back home with the lunar new year event. Can't wait! It's been sooooooooo long since we've been to Liyue!

Pejo

First Ayato leaks. Feels pretty similar to the description about him a month or so ago.

rirr3dakway71.png

Also, fun little Amber/Shogun trick.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I really hope he's one of the "extremely overprotective of his sister" types. That'd be a fun new direction for a Genshin character, with how hard they're pushing the waifu vibes with Ayaka.
Would be a nice change of pace and contrast to Itto who is likely going to be a full on goof, or maybe my perception is tainted by those comics posted here...

Pejo

Would be a nice change of pace and contrast to Itto who is likely going to be a full on goof, or maybe my perception is tainted by those comics posted here...
Yea the fans certainly have taken off on that angle. I hope Itto is that rowdy immature short fuse character, it's a fun archetype if done well.

YukiOnna

Yea the fans certainly have taken off on that angle. I hope Itto is that rowdy immature short fuse character, it's a fun archetype if done well.
It would fit with an oni if he had that, too. I think it'd be nice if some characters were kind of detached from the typical human personality/characteristic. At least his character story should be fun with possibly more Sara.

Pejo

It would fit with an oni if he had that, too. I think it'd be nice if some characters were kind of detached from the typical human personality/characteristic. At least his character story should be fun with possibly more Sara.
The Domain event really did Sara dirty...AGAIN.

You know this big thing in Inazuma happening that Sara is in charge of sorting out? Let's have her in like 2 cutscenes and then just fucking off offscreen for the rest of the event. Cool? Cool.

Between the Archon quest and the Sheekee Tai-show event, she's been shit on in representation almost as bad as her kit.

Still like her though...

RN8N4cL.jpg

3 buffs is all it would take to make her more usable.
  • Longer duration on her attack buff. 10sec is fine. Make it a constellation, who cares.
  • 60% CDMG buff for any element, not just Electro for C6.
  • While she has crowfeather buff, her autos do Electro damage. Lasts 6 seconds. Should be an ascension passive or part of her E Skill.
This would make her a competent Electro reaction character with a Hydro character or a decent Overload supplier with Thoma/Xiangling if you wanted to actually play as her instead of just using her buff and swapping her out, or it would make her fit in a much wider variety of team compositions as a buff bot. Then she goes from one of the worst feeling characters to use that are only useful in 1/20 team comps to somebody that can fit in lots of different teams. Even if they don't want to give a universal 60% CDMG buff, they could do 60 for Electro or 30 for other elements. Makes no sense how bad her kit is. Gorou is the only other character announced so far that is a "one team comp only" character. I don't like the idea of filling the game with characters that only work in one situation.

BlackM1st

Banned
I really hope he's one of the "extremely overprotective of his sister" types. That'd be a fun new direction for a Genshin character, with how hard they're pushing the waifu vibes with Ayaka.
Jokes on him and his gorgeous hairs then. I ain't pulling him.

SSfox

I know it's gonna be look like a fake, but for first time I pull on weapon banner,. Hoping I get the sacrificial sword, and got 3 Homa in my 10 pulls lol!!!

Btw didn't know about a Genshin OT. that's cool been enjoying this game since a bit.

Last edited:

SSfox

Your spear characters are set for life lmao

BTW do you even have Hu Tao, Xiao or Geo Lord?
Haha. The only spear character I had was Xiangling. This also fucked up all my plans, i was saving my ressources and pity for albedo. But then this happened and I felt forced to pull Hu Tao, si I pulled her and I'm lvl her since a week now.

No I'm still bit new, i only have Diluc and Qiqi as 5*, and of course HT also. Now gonna have to farm a shit out of primos to guarantee Albedo he's my favorite character in the game.

For Xiao I already have Primordial Jade spear that got in perma banner and also with 0 pity lol I know it's sounds unbelievable. Spears seems to love me in this game. I don't have Xiao and I plan to pull if I'll have enough primos, I want albedo Xiao and Zhongli. Itto and Yae also looks interesting to me but gonna have to skip those.

BlackM1st

Banned
I already have Primordial Jade spear that got in perma banner

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Say whaaaat

Diluc and Qiqi as 5*
Good enough, they can work together.

I felt forced to pull Hu Tao
I mean yeah... same happened to me after I pulled Raiden's spear. Made me to pull for her constellations.

Hu Tao is Ok, kinda annoying to play, but eh, with Homa she's doing some beastly damage.

SSfox

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Say whaaaat

Good enough, they can work together.

I mean yeah... same happened to me after I pulled Raiden's spear. Made me to pull for her constellations.

Hu Tao is Ok, kinda annoying to play, but eh, with Homa she's doing some beastly damage.
Haha yeah, I found HT super fun tho, even tho I wasn't planning to pull her at first because mainly Albedo should be in next banner.

I didn't lvl up qiqi, at least not yes. But did for Diluc and he is awesome, my team since a while now been: Xinqui, Beidou, Diluc, and Diona.

SSfox

You can drop Beidou to make a room for Hu Tao. Can also drop Diluc and switch him for some support. Thoma if you have him.
Never gonna drop Beidou shes the best girl and most fun to play character. I'll put HT in a second team for Abyss and/or gonna switch her w diluc for some time for some change.

Yes luckily I got Thomas he's super fun too but I don't think I'll put him with Hu Tao cause he may eat XQ vapes and that's not something you want lol

Mr Moose

VfCqfoX.jpg
fJP6oXE.jpg
K8VsHIg.jpg
8Qxq8UI.jpg
iPTHSb8.jpg
OYpYAo9.jpg

There's not much in there, just an empty cage, some training dummies and some torches.

GenshinImpact2021110.png

5ebGenshinImpact2021110.png

BlackM1st

Banned
Yes luckily I got Thomas he's super fun too but I don't think I'll put him with Hu Tao cause he may eat XQ vapes and that's not something you want lol
Nah. He was made for Hu Tao.

The only way to get the Staff of Homa is the weapons banner right?
Right.

Never gonna drop Beidou shes the best girl and most fun to play character.
Yeah, she's fun. She makes GI play like a Souls game lol

There's not much in there, just an empty cage, some training dummies and some torches.

GenshinImpact2021110.png

5ebGenshinImpact2021110.png
LMAO

But how did you get there?

I'm kinda sad they started Inazuma with waifu overload. I had to skip most of 'em and don't have much to look forward to in terms of new characters now. Yae will come at some point but without knowing anything about her kit it's hard to get excited. I'm not that into her design or personality. The rest are all dudes, except for maybe the two ladies from Liyue. I'm pretty done with Liyue though. I'm hoping for Dendro soon, but the current rumors don't say much about that so I doubt that's coming anytime soon.

Next patch is looking pretty rough. If we're getting Albedo as rumored, Itto and Gorou it's a patch focused entirely on Geo dudes. Who thought that was a good idea? Absolutely 0 variety. Geo is already one of the least interesting elements, and having literally nothing else on offer doesn't sound great, especially for what I presume to be a filler patch. There's gonna be the new boss which I'll never do because I ain't leveling Geo characters. Not too optimistic about the near future of this game. Weird choices all around.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm kinda sad they started Inazuma with waifu overload
Laughs in Ayaka and Baal. You had your chance. Now people who refused to see their light should suffer in Geo bois ghetto. Mwuahahah.

except for maybe the two ladies from Liyue
Which both looks subpar and 1 of them is a 4☆.

I'm hoping for Dendro soon, but the current rumors don't say much about that so I doubt that's coming anytime soon.
I heard quite the contrary, something about the Chasm coming soonish. Otherwise I see no meaningful content on the horizon.

Maybe Inazuma's underground? Regardless, we had no new region content leaked except for that unfinished rendering of the giant tree city.

Geo is already one of the least interesting elements
Zhongli GIF

To each his own, Geo Lord is absolutely broken, same goes to C6 Noelle. Plus geo resonance in general is amazing.

Who thought that was a good idea? Absolutely 0 variety.

nEDs2Be.jpg

Apparently MiHo decided to balance things out and release an avalanche of dudes to make Japan happy.

And I can't be more happier about that. Precisely because I'm skipping em all and it gives me enough time to save up xD Raiden was fucking expensive.

Weird choices all around.
Yep. Tart's 3rd rerun was a hilarious disaster. He still sold good enough in JP, but seriously... nobody asked for this lol

Laughs in Ayaka and Baal. You had your chance. Now people who refused to see their light should suffer in Geo bois ghetto. Mwuahahah.
I had to skip Ayaka and Yoimiya because I was expecting a Ganyu rerun soon. Who could've guessed that they'd delay her for a full year? Inconceivable.

I heard quite the contrary, something about the Chasm coming soonish. Otherwise I see no meaningful content on the horizon.
In terms of character leaks we have the two Liyue girls, the Inazuma guys and Yae Miko. That's three patches worth of content at the least if we assume some reruns along the way. That's at least 4 months without Dendro or Chasm. It ain't happening anytime soon, unless the Chasm releases during lunar new year, which I wouldn't expect.

Zhongli GIF

To each his own, Geo Lord is absolutely broken, same goes to C6 Noelle. Plus geo resonance in general is amazing.
Yeah he's broken, but is he interesting? Hold E for shield is not exactly riveting gameplay. I'm sure you can make powerful Geo teams with the resonance (and it seems that's what they're pushing for with this patch and Gorou) but you basically sidestep elemental reactions entirely. That's the core of the combat in Genshin, so ignoring it leaves you with boring gameplay IMO. Zhongli is still on the bench on my account, sitting at lvl 20, never to be used. Get fucked Zhong.

Apparently MiHo decided to balance things out and release an avalanche of dudes to make Japan happy.
That's just their strat to get people to pay. Can't have them all without paying up, and if you don't get them now you'll be waiting for months on end for anything of interest. Very sneaky. Not sure it's the way to go.

And I can't be more happier about that. Precisely because I'm skipping em all and it gives me enough time to save up xD Raiden was fucking expensive.
I'm sitting here with 275 wishes burning a hole in my pocket...

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm sitting here with 275 wishes burning a hole in my pocket...
Pull for Homa haha I assure you, the moment you'll spend all your wishes any time left till Cocogoat rerun will be "too soon". That's exactly how I feel about Yae now.

I was expecting a Ganyu rerun soon. Who could've guessed that they'd delay
Yeah, my friend skipped Baal because he was waiting for Cocogoat. No dice lol

and if you don't get them now you'll be waiting for months on end for anything of interest. Very sneaky
Seriously. You either pull on the 1st run or you'll stuck in limbo for God know how long. Ofc unless you're a Tart fan lmao

Plus re-run banners are also tricky to leak/know in advance because character models are already in game and Re-run can happen at any moment.

Yeah he's broken, but is he interesting? Hold E for shield is not exactly riveting gameplay.
He let's you play almost on autopilot and do things you find interesting instead.

I just pop him up, use his Ult (petrified is still unique) and use other 3 ultimates. (Thanks to Raiden I can repeat it indefinitely. But usually 1 rotation is enough xD)

That's at least 4 months without Dendro or Chasm. It ain't happening anytime soon, unless the Chasm releases during lunar new year, which I wouldn't expect
Who knows, maybe lunar new year wouldn't suck this time? ;D Get ready for another free 30$ value package!

Pejo

Ganyu rerun is clearly their next "we need an influx of income" button. Out of all the upcoming characters, I'm most excited for Yae and Shenhe. I just hope the initial rumors of Shenhe's kit are changed/wrong, because she's just a 5* souped up Rosaria at this point. Hydro polearm would be a much better combination than another Cryo polearm.

BlackM1st

Banned
Ganyu rerun is clearly their next "we need an influx of income" button. Out of all the upcoming characters, I'm most excited for Yae and Shenhe. I just hope the initial rumors of Shenhe's kit are changed/wrong, because she's just a 5* souped up Rosaria at this point. Hydro polearm would be a much better combination than another Cryo polearm.
j955votwp4x51.jpg

I remember when she was initially leaked lol Been ages ago.

Isn't she a 4☆?

Pejo

j955votwp4x51.jpg

I remember when she was initially leaked lol Been ages ago.

Isn't she a 4☆?
Not sure if she was back in that pic, but she's 5* now. Also, supposedly signs at the Wangshu Inn hint that she actually IS Cloud Retainer and she has a yandere crush on the traveler. I wouldn't have believed it myself if it weren't in the game.

Top Bottom