• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

I've been away for a very long time, and even I remember doing all that. Nothing better yet, eh? Did they ever add planet element, Dendro or whatever it's called? Did they do a good job with it? Did they do any more events that added a new environment? Did the Chasm turn out well? Are they still crazy prudes with the character designs? Are they still stupidly limiting item placement in the teapots? Any nice quality of life additions?
There's been some ups and downs. Chasm and the last few areas (we have an "underwater" area that I really liked with 1 bad mechanic that nearly ruins it) have been mostly great. The world design team, lore, and music teams have been the shining stars of Genshin since you quit.

Dendro is coming in 3.0, whenever that is. The game's currently on a ~1 month delay due to COVID issues in Shanghai. We don't know how good the element is going to be, but it straight up ignores Cryo/Geo/Anemo in its most recent leak, so in that aspect it kinda sucks.

We had 1 event where they re-used an alternate version of the underwater area, but all other events have taken place in permanent areas.

Character design bounces back and forth, they were forced to censor Amber/Jean/Rosaria/Mona in CN, but the other servers just got those costumes as optional alternates. The 2 newest characters are these two, so it's up to you to decide where their censorship policies are currently:
GftDixW.jpg
fmMLwLj.jpg

Teapots have been on "maintenance" for over a month now. They're changing something big with it, but nobody knows what yet. My suspicions are that they're trying to find a way to maximize player load with minimizing the impact on their servers or on PS4's RAM issues, but that's just hearsay. We can't currently do anything in our teapots other than collect coins and use the shops and things that were already set before the "maintenance" started. They're giving us 5000 teapot currency per week that it's been down.

As far as QoL, I'm sure there were things, but I can't think of them now. If you were at all interested in Chasm and liked the game at one point, it's definitely worth jumping back in and just playing through the story and as much of the exploration of it that you feel like doing. Keep in mind, there's an "outside" Chasm (which mostly sucks and is a chore to get around in), and the underground part (which is the great part).

Saber

Gold Member
I though the problem was mobile users, not PS4 users. Everything made has to accomodate them, so thats why their videos of promises failed. Unless it was not case?

Honestly, already basically quitting the game(again). Chasm was dissapoint to me, the Golden Arch was a way better exoerience and content they ever released. With all those forced dialogues about Sumeru and the fact the writting team made Traveler a mute dumb fuck who needs Paimon to answer for everything, I feel less hopefull of what Sumeru can bring.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
- shorts
- boring color scheme
- moles under eyes. Ugh. I have a lot of unpleasant things to say about that and the reasons behind it, but I better shut up.
- shorts
- no moustache
- open shirt. You need to ventilate your armpits? YOU'RE HAIRLESS LIKE A CHILD!
- FUCKING SHORTS

I would have liked his design if it weren't for those problems, tbh. Honestly, surprisingly enough, there's a lot I like about his design. But mihoyo always had those 3-4 details to ruin them.

oh no

Last edited:

crumbs

Olympic Channel Sport GIF by Olympics

This Heizou design couldn't handle a powerful mustache.

To make things right, whenever Varka is released, he needs a proper Sam Elliott mustache with advanced facial hair physics.

Fake

Will be very hard to like him with that simple design. His kit really need to shiny, but anemo usually have the best fun kit in the game besides Xiao damage dealer.

crumbs

Is Heizou rumored to by 4 or 5 stars?

As anemo catalyst users, it will be interesting to compare the design of his kit versus Sucrose.

Saber

Gold Member
Well...if his kit is something similar to Sucrose or Kaede that will be alright, no?

Last edited:

Pejo

Man I know it was wishful thinking to have a non-twink male character, but based on the design leaks in the "mustached" days, I was expecting an anime butler-esque design.

enriques-butler-1.jpg

(Obviously not as ugly as this guy, but that general aesthetic.)

Will be very hard to like him with that simple design. His kit really need to shiny, but anemo usually have the best fun kit in the game besides Xiao damage dealer.
Yea my initial impressions by design was that Kaz was going to suck, and he ended up being one of the most fun characters in the game to play. I'll wait and see what Heizou's kit is. Anemo we already knew, but catalyst is a surprise.

Saber

Gold Member
Yea my initial impressions by design was that Kaz was going to suck, and he ended up being one of the most fun characters in the game to play. I'll wait and see what Heizou's kit is. Anemo we already knew, but catalyst is a surprise.

That was exactly the same impression I had with Kaede. He is fun and usefull as fuck, one of best characters they made.

In worst case scenario he will be more like Garou(like SSfox SSfox suggested). And frankly that would be lame imo.

Pejo

Looks like the 2.8 beta starts in 2 days. Expect leak-a-palooza. I think with them revealing Heizou, we can be sure that we're getting a 2.8 in Inazuma, and not a 3.0 in Sumeru for the next patch. Question now is - will we have 2.9 or will we skip to 3.0 afterwards?

Pejo

When i compare to Gouro i mean he will buff the main DPS Xiao. Like Yunjin with Ayato, Shenhe with Ayaka/Ganyu or Gorou with Itto
Man I hope we've seen the last of mono-element supports. Nobody plays mono-element teams because they're boring and you could potentially get nullified by a slime.

Pejo

I love my mono Geo team :messenger_beaming:

Yunjin wasn't mono though
Yun Jin was a great step in the right direction. Buff a character trait (normal attacks) instead of an element. I approve of the direction that they're headed with that, I just hope they don't double down and make Anemo Damage support the next thing. The only character you even play as Anemo damage instead of Swirl is Xiao.

Mono Geo might be strong for certain content, but it's against everything the game teaches you to completely ignore reactions. If the crystallize shields offered small buffs based on the color of them, that would make Geo a lot more interesting to play.

Pejo

zAPkXlt.png

Nah. Me glitching below the water. Don't think it's limited to mobile.

End of the world is where you get teleported trying to go to Inazuma from Liyue.
I'm surprised there aren't any easter eggs down there. Devs usually love hiding weird stuff in places like that.

Pejo

Looks like the Diluc/Fischl skins are real, coming in 2.8. No previews or impressions yet though.

Also, looks like we get a bow character with elf ears like Klee in Sumeru. How original!

I don't mind though, cute elf archers are classic and one of my favorite tropes.

584adec3137bdef97db73b2c3b80a37a320d96d6.jpg

*edit*

2.8 going to have a new Mondstadt related island location. People are saying it's not the same archipelago, but...

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I really hope the costume styles of Sumeru characters are vastly different than the Liyue stuff. Inazuma characters all manage to feel cohesive in its Japan-iness, but that was a relatively easy one to do. Mondstadt was a mix of western cultures, and Sumeru is going to be a mix of a lot of middle east/indian/etc cultures. I'm excited to see what the design team can do.

Pejo

retards.jpg
How are you always drawn to this type of thing? It's gotta be in your algorithm now. Your own fault too, for clicking all of that Gorou content.

This is just the other side of the coin from the people that are into Yelan's pits or literally any anime character's feet. I chalk it up to "I don't understand, but you do you"

Pejo

A few more leaks. Looks like Collei's making it in early. She was rumored to be 4* Dendro bow, but who knows at this point.

• 3.0 will have 3 new characters, 2 5* and 4* (Collei)
  • Cyno is Hydro Spear
  • Heizou has double jump like Kaz, has a "punching animation"
  • Dendro archon in 3.1
Compilation and reddit discussion can be found here:

Cyno being Hydro spear is I think one of the only element/weapon combo we didn't have yet. Hydro Claymore is the only other one I can think of, off the top of my head. Also weird considering his design, but that is a blue spear in his hands, so...
iu

I'm curious to see what they do with Collei on her new design. It's been a few years since the manga, so it could be anything.
iu

*edit*

OH SHIT

yqpmu8ogluz81.png

Amber gets a real skin instead of censored garbage.

*edit 2*

Lol, YukiOnna YukiOnna , you'll get a kick out of this.

11kin8stbuz81.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Pejo Pejo those skins could be all censored as far I could guess. I mean, one of main concerns about censorship was how much of impact they can cause on future relases, since no way one could believe they would spend workload making 2 skins every time they release a sexy outfit.

As for the leaks, I remember this character from the manga but honestly find rather boring. Wonder if this means we will face Doctore at some point. Pretty happy for a polearm hydro and having hopes for Heizou now that its kit is being relevealed.

Anyway good stuff if true

crumbs

A few more leaks. Looks like Collei's making it in early. She was rumored to be 4* Dendro bow, but who knows at this point.

• 3.0 will have 3 new characters, 2 5* and 4* (Collei)
  • Cyno is Hydro Spear
  • Heizou has double jump like Kaz, has a "punching animation"
  • Dendro archon in 3.1
Compilation and reddit discussion can be found here:

Cyno being Hydro spear is I think one of the only element/weapon combo we didn't have yet. Hydro Claymore is the only other one I can think of, off the top of my head. Also weird considering his design, but that is a blue spear in his hands, so...
iu

I'm curious to see what they do with Collei on her new design. It's been a few years since the manga, so it could be anything.
iu

*edit*

OH SHIT

yqpmu8ogluz81.png

Amber gets a real skin instead of censored garbage.

*edit 2*

Lol, YukiOnna YukiOnna , you'll get a kick out of this.

11kin8stbuz81.jpg

Interesting. Skin leaks seem to be increasing, hopefully they're decent.

Cryo catalyst is one of missing combos that people seem to want.

Last edited:

Pejo

Funny you think it won't be censored.
Pejo Pejo those skins could be all censored as far I could guess. I mean, one of main concerns about censorship was how much of impact they can cause on future relases, since no way one could believe they would spend workload making 2 skins every time they release a sexy outfit.
Well, the butt lines are out, and cleavage is a no no, but I think they can creatively get around that stuff. I'm just happy to hear it's not "it's Amber's outfit, but a different color with a few wavy pieces of cloth", well hopefully at least.

Here's a brand new character from Honkai, a patch after they had to retroactively go censor a bunch of characters.
aponia_disciplinary_perdition.png

I could see her getting an "Alice in Wonderland" type costume, with a bit of spice thrown in like this:
womens-alluring-alice-costume-main.jpg

Interesting. Skin leaks seem to be increasing, hopefully they're decent.

Cryo catalyst is one of missing combos that people seem to want.
Ah yeah, forgot all about that one. The combination that's apparently too strong for the game.

Pejo

WTF What happened to Kusanali?
NEET's a hell of a drug, apparently.

It's funny too, because some people viewed Ei as a bit of a shut in since she just collapsed into her own realm, supposedly for eternity. Dendro's taking it up a notch. I'm all for a character that's not the same "I work hard and am always busy and that's my personality XD" bullshit we always seem to get. I get that visions are handed out to those with ambition, but holy shit we need more Hu Tao/Sayu characters and less Keqings. I would have previously put Yae in the "good" pile back when she was morally grey and mysterious, but the last 3 patches have turned her into "hey I own a publishing company, that's all you get from me!"

SSfox

I just got another one of these today too with the shop blue wishes that I forgot to buy this month. GAF perma-banner luck day. Everybody do a pull.
Weapon_Primordial_Jade_Winged-Spear_3D.png
I mean i wanted Jean so bad that i lvl Qiqi and Sayu to get 2 pulls and give a try, i was 74 and got it at 76. At least it's not some Keking or Qiqi (already have both at C1 and not my favorite characters). I have the Jade staff so i'm glad i didn't get that one also, glad i got a weapon that i don't have before, also this gonna be a considrable buff for my bennet, i had him that 4* forgeable weapon (best F2P weapon for him)

Hoping my next 50/50 lost will be Jean.

Last edited:

Asher17

Neo Member
So I guess I'm a minority in this thread when it comes to clearing Abyss? I think it's a lot of fun honestly, I wish they would give us more of this stuff to play around with.

eWTazqW.png

BJK

I just got another one of these today too with the shop blue wishes that I forgot to buy this month. GAF perma-banner luck day. Everybody do a pull.
Weapon_Primordial_Jade_Winged-Spear_3D.png

Did a 10-pull. Got Skyward Pride. Was hoping for Mona (only basic 5* I don’t have), or Amos Bow (b/c Ganyu) but I also didn’t have a 5* Claymore, so beggars =/= choosers.

I was also due for soft pity on the banner…so I didn’t need much convincing.

Pejo

So I guess I'm a minority in this thread when it comes to clearing Abyss? I think it's a lot of fun honestly, I wish they would give us more of this stuff to play around with.

eWTazqW.png
I play Honkai so I get my fill of weekly endgame content meta grind from there, Genshin is more my "just chill and explore" game to unwind. Cool to see Mona getting some play there though, haven't seen her used much.

Did a 10-pull. Got Skyward Pride. Was hoping for Mona (only basic 5* I don’t have), or Amos Bow (b/c Ganyu) but I also didn’t have a 5* Claymore, so beggars =/= choosers.

I was also due for soft pity on the banner…so I didn’t need much convincing.
Skyward Pride is a fun weapon. I used it on my Eula until I got her signature weapon. I usually heavily favor ER weapons though, I just like pressing buttons more often and my artifacts are usually ass, so it makes up for those.

So I'm not sure what changed recently, but apparently I can't play on my PS5 for longer than 20-30 mins anymore, Genshin included. The input gets all fucked up on my TV and throws it into a reboot loop. It's only my PS5 that does this too, not my PC or Switch, both hooked up to the same TV.

I don't mind playing Genshin on my PC, but I kinda got used to those load times being short. Maybe it's time I upgrade my gaming drive to a faster SSD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom