• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

After testing her I already knew she wasn't much of deal. Cool concept, but she has the same problem as Hu Tao(instant huge HP sacrifice on skill) . The only difference is that Hu Tao heals only herself with burst, while she heals herself or others with skill.
After you build her out, the HP thing is a complete non issue. Mine's still level 80 with level 0 artifacts and a level 50 Iron Sting, and she's already healing for almost 2k/tick. I've seen that she maxes out around 3500/tick if you really invest in her. The bigger issue is that outside of Superconduct teams, she doesn't really do much besides heal. I'd consider her BiS for superconduct physical teams (currently) though, with her role compression of doing electro pulses frequently and healing.

Dori is going to eat her lunch pretty much completely though, and probably won't have the HP loss at all. Another great character visual design ruined forever with a bad/outdated kit. She'll hang out with Amber, Sara, and Xinyan on the bench I guess.

Actually, both Amber and Sara could be saved if they just made a bow that does healing to the party like the Prototype Amber catalyst.

crumbs

GI could definitely use a couple of decent new 4-star characters, but you just know the devs will break them in some very specific ways (split scaling, specific character support, mono-element support, etc) to keep them from being too interesting. :messenger_frowning_

Pejo

GI could definitely use a couple of decent new 4-star characters, but you just know the devs will break them in some very specific ways (split scaling, specific character support, mono-element support, etc) to keep them from being too interesting. :messenger_frowning_
The thing that kills me is that if they're not going to nerf Bennett and the OG 4* gang, why not make other 4*s good so people actually use them over the OGs once in a while. It's not like by making Sara suck for any non-electro team suddenly makes people not use Bennett anymore. I like the idea of what they did with Yelan for instance. Basically Xingqiu but more active and fun. Same role, similar strength and usefulness. Now you can use one or both, or have 2 teams with characters that fill that role.

Having Sara's buff last 12 seconds or giving the CDMG buff to any element at C6 would have made her a strong choice and people could pick which buffer they wanted for any given encounter. Now it's like "are you using Burst Shogun or Keqing (lol)? No? Then take Sara out of your party".

Pejo

So leakers calling themselves reliable (ha!) are saying that 2nd half of 3.0 is Zhongli/Ganyu reruns. So it looks like Tiggy and the gang is all we're getting for 3.0 from Sumeru.

Pejo

I'll be honest, I kinda enjoy this type of leaking. So the leakers give a description of the new characters, then artists try to recreate it, and the leaker gives feedback.

This is the latest iteration on the "tall hydro lady" leak. (on the right is the one made after feedback)

Leaker said the skin is like Xinyan, and that halo thing is supposed to be a moon crescent.

*edit*

And Dori

21sgtg0yv1891.jpg
ine5cg0yv1891.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Man, I though the dancer looking girl was meant to be either pyro or dendro.

Still looking foward, I dig her design.

Fuz

Banned
And egyptian/genie design is not bad either, for me at least.
Agree, too bad she's a child.
But she could be a little greedy piece of shit and I'll end up loving her.

I'm gonna bet those artist renditions will actually be very far from the real deal. Leakers proved time and again to be blind when describing upcoming characters.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man this delayed "drip marketing" is killing me. I want to see Collei's design. First (small) group of beta testers start tomorrow, but it's not the randomly selected regular users, so who knows if we'll get leaks from them.

SSfox

I like a lot the hydro woman design. That's pretty much the type of design i was hoping to see in Sumeru, at least based this fanart.

And for Tighnari i also feel he's cool, but gotta see gameplay wise, if he's fun i may even pull.

Last edited:

Fake

Man this delayed "drip marketing" is killing me. I want to see Collei's design. First (small) group of beta testers start tomorrow, but it's not the randomly selected regular users, so who knows if we'll get leaks from them.

Are those leakers get secret 'paid' for leaking?

I mean, sometimes people indeed pay for get those info.

Pejo

Are those leakers get secret 'paid' for leaking?

I mean, sometimes people indeed pay for get those info.
Nah, the official Paimon twitter account usually releases the new character designs a few days before the beta starts to beat the "leakers" and they call it "drip marketing". I think they started doing it at the Eula/Yanfei patch.

Pejo

I still hope we get the tan elf eared girl from that picture a few weeks ago with the gray twintails. I really liked that design.

Pejo

Bunch of stuff coming up. Looks like those early beta testers couldn't wait to leak. Probably gonna see a bunch more lawsuits I'd guess.

ly6ymuxj6g891.png

Yuck at this design if it's close. Looks like Shinobu's not losing her job after all.
o3zkvs6lgf891.png

8zhh0a93uf891.png

Nilou (from my leak above) is sword
2ezzw4t5kf891.jpg

Tall Hydro lady (I think this is the one in purple clothes), is FINALLY a Hydro Polearm.
fip2b4t5kf891.jpg

mshz04t5kf891.jpg

Ok Cryo Catalyst, Hydro Claymore, you're next.

Don't like fox boy. He has a blank expression on his face and I can't tell if he has long hair, wears a cape or just has multiple tales or something. Also he's another furry character.

Collei doesn't look or sound that exciting to me. I haven't read the comics so I don't have any prior interest in her. If she mimics Amber we're in for disappointment. She's also likely to be on Tighnari's banner which means I ain't pulling. I won't have much Dendro to work with for a while, it seems.

I like Dori's outfit and theme, but don't care too much for her overall. It's probably the glasses. They always look dumb in this game. At least she looks smug so hopefully she'll have a fun personality. Doubt I'd pull on the rumored reruns just to get her though, so another non-factor for now.

Overall pretty disappointing for Sumeru's and Dendro's introduction. Hopefully the area itself will be good, because in terms of characters I'll be waiting for 3.1.

Dregnel

Honestly, I didn't like any of the characters. I don't know if I'll change my mind in the future after seeing their gameplay, but the designs seem very basic and generic to me.

Pejo

That Fischl skin is TRASH. They might as well have just created a censored skin at the same time as Jean/Mona/Amber. Hideous.

Collei is 1000x the best design out of this batch. She looks so good, and I'm really happy about it.

Tiggy looks less bad than I was expecting. No exposed midriff goes a long way into making a character not...well... Gorou.

Genie gal looks less bad than I was expecting with that recent drawing.

Diluc skin looks like a biker skin. I'm more curious if it fixes his face being so low relative to his head. I don't hate it, but no way is that worth 30 bucks or whatever they're planning to charge for it.

Holy shit I like Collei so much. They did a really good job with her.

*edit*

In game Collei:
wv1auyrcyk891.jpg

She's even got the same "vision dressing" as Amber, cute!

Apparently all the leakers are scrambling and going offline for this one. Sounds like some people are about to get into some serious shit with MHY's legal team.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Meanwhile, twittards are already screaming that those Sumeru characters aren't brown enough.

FQVjCadVgAYnM5g.jpg

Good luck expecting black characters from China. Just go see their Marvel movies posters.

Saber

Gold Member

It's me or her eyes reminds me of Kaeya and Dans?

Meanwhile, twittards are already screaming that those Sumeru characters aren't brown enough.

FQVjCadVgAYnM5g.jpg

Good luck expecting black characters from China. Just go see their Marvel movies posters.

And if they were brown they would be complaining about sexuality, lgbt or whatever the fuck. Just ignore them.

Last edited:

Dregnel

She looks ok. Less TeriTeri than I was expecting.
that is is 0% TeriTeri, that leaker also said that she was a kind of new model and taller than klee.
anyway i find her design fine and i would play with her because i have klee, i want to them together for some reason.

Pejo

FQVjCadVgAYnM5g.jpg

What do you mean?
GettyImages-1310265169-1.jpg

h7x7gl80if841.jpg

that is is 0% TeriTeri, that leaker also said that she was a kind of new model and taller than klee.
anyway i find her design fine and i would play with her because i have klee, i want to them together for some reason.
Yea. I'll be honest I'm not really feeling the design. I'm sure she'll be a strong Dendro support though, so it's probably worth rolling for her. I just can't get into playing as the kid characters. At least Qiqi and Diona are swap in/swap out types, but Klee felt awful to move around and attack with (to me).

I was really hoping we'd get a new model (even just for the archon).

They could have just lifted her Kongming and put leaves on it, and I'd have been happy.
fovg691pnz061.jpg

hm6vc7j3zv151.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom