• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah before I could even read it was gone.

Fortunatelly the reddit still has threads like "This is how to be a female GI player" and I was "welcome to internet".

Fake

Read those commentaries gave me cancer.

So they think the 'blame feminist theory' is conspiracy, but blame racism for Dehya state is valid?

The feminist group in China is different from the feminist group over west. They have to adapt over China policies.

Either both are true or both are false.

Last edited:

Pejo

The reddit post was removed.
Good ol' reddit shill/paid mods.

Here's the post from reveddit:

I am a CN player, and I would like to briefly describe part of views of CN community players

1.skin and popularity

From what I can tell, the vast majority of CN players love this character. The character's popularity is relatively high.

Her suspected homosexuality actually added to the character's popularity. brown skin is considered attractive.

1. Community debate for strengthen control
Some argue that the current Cryo and Dendro are designed to be strong,

In order to avoid the appearance of an overpowered, out-of-control Pyro character (like xiangling) in the eyes of the numerical planner,

(For example, the Pyro role could not further strengthen ganyu)

So she became a victim,

A strong Pyro character strengthens the previous Cryo, Dendro character and prevents the business department from making more money

She was forced to becomes a "support" character, but not as "supporting" as most four-star characters

1. Conspiracy theories it may not be true
Other conspiracy theories say,

This was the work of the extreme feminists on the production team (who had considerable influence in the city of CN),

and Related to office politics,

they said They have done this several times, deliberately modifying the game itself, not caring about the content of the game, not caring about the opinions of the players, not even caring about the desires of the creators, who are colleagues of the game.

and For Dehya, her E and Q retain plenty of malicious design

Their example: In recent years, a CN game companies have publicized incidents in which a female core creative member of the game stealthy strengthened the male characters and weakened the female characters. While another event a female creative designed herself as a female main character in the game and had a romantic relationship with the male character.

4.reporter

Another example: Some extreme female gamers (thought to be probably not real gamers, just social activists) reported serval game that 'female characters as too attractive , immorality'. Then the conservative administration forced the game to make changes to its female characters. These events have created mistrust amont players.

5.zhongli Event

Some people later believed that Genshin had multiple groups of numerical planning, some of them had poor design ability,

and the first version of zhongli was a failure of their design.

So, in this case, extreme-female players, normal female players, extreme -nationalists, and other players who only want a strong character, all banded together to put pressure on mihoyo and finally forced mihoyo to remake zhongli.

As for Dehya, it is possible that she was designed by same incompetent numberical designers

Since a lot of female players are now satisfied (getting a lot of strong male characters), and players who only want strong characters are also satisfied (they just ran out of money in the previous banner and are happy to see a weak new character),

It's hard to get enough CN players to press. Most disgruntled CN players are hoping that foreign players will put pressure on mihoyo.

They also believe that the words of foreign players are more powerful to mihoyo than those of CN players.

1. Discussion of "kokomi" and "yae miko"
There are a few players who believe that Dehya will be enhanced in future versions like kokomi and miko.

More players think that kokomi was already strong while her start with, and then miko got the new element reaction in the Dendro version (After a year).

The way to enhance Dehya to a reasonable level,

but Will make other Pyro characters unreasonably strong, so it's unpossible.

1. Puppets mechanics
Some of them pointed out that mihoyo doesn't design useless mechanics.

Therefore, in the Hydro version, there 'should' be a new Puppet mechanism. The new roles use Puppet for collaborative attacks.

Dehya can take the damage for these low hp puppets.

There is a subset of players who support this and want her to be enhanced in the future. They think other players need to be patient.

While others strongly disagree, calling it a "future loaner" and a "stupid dreamer"

8.standard banner

When some players learned that dehya was joining standard banner,

So interpreting her design inappropriately as "standard banner" would be weak

Another new theory is that she was originally designed as a "standard banner" long before, which is why she was weak

There are also players who think that ‘if you like a character, you shouldn't ask her to be strong, and if you want her to be strong, it's not liking'

(My personal opinion: None of them make sense, there are a lot of characters that should be reworked including standard banner, and there is a clear unfairness between the characters.)

9.the Only Three-Star

Before the banner went on sale,

Some players and meta guide authors have been doing calculations and making Dehya team for over a month based on the leaked data and have concluded that dehya is too weak, but dehya is still further weakened in the test Server

I will be very welcome one main Dam characters , or one new support characters ,

or 0.5 main + 0.5 support characters , but no 0.25 main + 0.25 support characters .

it was said by community Most characters can be counted as 8 Point to 12 Point characters (for average 10 Point), Even adding with support abilities, dehya is only a 5, and some community players believe she is currently the Only Three-Star character on 'C0'

1. What can I do
When most of the powerful characters were released in banner,

You will alway see arguments in the CN community, "My new character is stronger", "No, he/she is not as strong as xxx", "the new character is better with xx weapons", "Should I draw C2 or C6"

Now, all you can see in the CN community is "What team does dehya fit into?" "How to Save dehya" "wow , she even can do 200k damage with this! "

At the moment my mood is angry, but I don't know what to do

Interesting to read CN's reactions to Dehya. I have seen some of those rumors before, about women developers and their supposed influence. You often see them in Genshin's trailers and streams. That story doesn't make much sense for Dehya though. There's the lesbian teasing, as well as her tan and her badassness. Wouldn't feminists/women want her to be strong for those reasons? Or are they just that salty that men find her hot? Impossible to say. This game's had waves of husbando-bait followed by waves of waifu-bait from the start, so it's not that weird to see a lot of guy characters now.

Like them I've just lost all hope and I don't see a scenario that could significantly boost her. I think she's just doomed and MHY will never do anything to buff her.

In other news, here's the rumored banners for 3.6:

Fu9Y39h.png
They just threw all the long-awaited 4 stars on these banners. Also some earlier than expected reruns. Not too bad for me though.

Saber

Gold Member
Interesting to read CN's reactions to Dehya. I have seen some of those rumors before, about women developers and their supposed influence. You often see them in Genshin's trailers and streams. That story doesn't make much sense for Dehya though. There's the lesbian teasing, as well as her tan and her badassness. Wouldn't feminists/women want her to be strong for those reasons? Or are they just that salty that men find her hot? Impossible to say. This game's had waves of husbando-bait followed by waves of waifu-bait from the start, so it's not that weird to see a lot of guy characters now.

I think because the feminist from there are very different from western feminism.
Not entirelly sure but feminism there is all about female rights, not exactly female didactors. I think they believe in women rights but I don't think they agree with the mentally ill distribution of "genders" and they still believe women can be all strong while remain feminine at same time. I remember reading an article long ago that they don't like unisex restrooms or sharing a restroom with any other than female.
Which reminds me of an event, dunno if was E3 or something, that a female director of a japanese company acted all cute and social media and Reera completelly lost their minds wanting her to be fired and go back to learning camp.

They don't wanna female to be the stars because they drool for the males. And I remember reading here that GI has a bigger female player ratio, even though it was infested with female characters which later more males were introduced. Which is hilarious that we have reddit retarded threads saying how is to be a female player in GI. I mean, why she don't ask all others who play and don't give a fuck?

Last edited:

crumbs

Like them I've just lost all hope and I don't see a scenario that could significantly boost her. I think she's just doomed and MHY will never do anything to buff her.

Fu9Y39h.png
They just threw all the long-awaited 4 stars on these banners. Also some earlier than expected reruns. Not too bad for me though.
Would they rerun Scaramouche that soon?

That said, I'd be happy with that Nahida + Shinobu banner.

Would they rerun Scaramouche that soon?

That said, I'd be happy with that Nahida + Shinobu banner.
Yeah that one's awfully soon. He was available only two updates ago. This rumor seems kinda sketchy, but I'm just reporting it.

Pretty bad picks for me. I can give Nilou a try, but that banner sucks.
What else would you want on that banner? I think these are pretty valuable 4 stars for most players.

They don't wanna female to be the stars because they drool for the males. And I remember reading here that GI has a bigger female player ratio, even though it was infested with female characters which later more males were introduced. Which is hilarious that we have reddit retarded threads saying how is to be a female player in GI. I mean, why she don't ask all others who play and don't give a fuck?
Well, understanding feminists is a fool's errand anyway. From what I've read Genshin does have a more balanced player base, but it's still mostly men spending their money and that's reflected on the banners' performance. Husbandos just don't sell as much, even with strong kits and heavy shilling.

Fake

What else would you want on that banner? I think these are pretty valuable 4 stars for most players.

Razor instead of Shinobu maybe. When you have a 5*, but none of the 4* stars you use, thats my problem. For me, this banner do no favors.

That's a good point, but maybe they reran Cyno since he's featured in the windblume festival event?

True, but again looking at the windblume storyline quest and there is a load of 5* chars in this event.

Eula

Razor instead of Shinobu maybe. When you have a 5*, but none of the 4* stars you use, thats my problem. For me, this banner do no favors.
I think you're about the only guy on the planet who would rather see Razor than Kuki. Razor is obsolete, old as fuck, been on the banner numerous times, C6 on many accounts. Kuki got a huge buff with dendro's introduction and everyone and their mom is trying to get more cons for her.

But hey, if you happen to like Razor that's cool. I hope you get some cons soon.

Saber

Gold Member
The only ones that interest me are Faruzan and Candance...and I already have their most usefull cons, so its a pass for me as well.

crumbs

True, but again looking at the windblume storyline quest and there is a load of 5* chars in this event.

Eula
I'm surprised you haven't already C6"d Razor.

Wasn't Eula originally rumored to have a banner on this version? Would have made sense although she's barely in the event so far.

Maybe they wanted Cyno to help pimp TCG in-game?

Wasn't Eula originally rumored to have a banner on this version? Would have made sense although she's barely in the event so far.

Maybe it's those fem devs shoving male characters in events where they have no business being.

This is the Windblume update and there's not a single Mondstadt 5 star on the banner. That's messed up. They're releasing a dedicated 4 star support for Eula, and she's not here. They even gave Eula a TCG card. Still no dice. They must just hate her or something.

Fake

I think you're about the only guy on the planet who would rather see Razor than Kuki. Razor is obsolete, old as fuck, been on the banner numerous times, C6 on many accounts. Kuki got a huge buff with dendro's introduction and everyone and their mom is trying to get more cons for her.

But hey, if you happen to like Razor that's cool. I hope you get some cons soon.

I tried him last year and like his kit. I have Shinobu here, but dislike the way her kit work. I hate the way her elemental skill works.

I don't think his kit is outdate, in fact I prefer his burst than Cyno by a mile. The problem with new characters are they start to feel as same as the old characters, 'oh create a area' or 'infuse with elemental'.

One of Razor cons make his elemental skill reduce DEF, so I use his elemental skill in a target affected with cryo and got a good boost on my damage overall.
My playerstyle differ a little from those who 'explode' target. I like to do more basic attacks than using instant damage. I would reject Xiao because his burst infuse, but I like his extra jump + plumd and Anemo is by far my favorite element.

Other good thing about Razor is he make a good team with Yaoyao.

edit: Other thing I forgot to mention, I got Song of Broken Pines and tried in every Claymore character I have, but without sucess. Tried on Razor and work like a dream.

Yeah, Eula and Albedo if rumors are correct. I tried Razor last year and end up like playing with him.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

Isn't she the one who orders Mika I think? And this guy only increments physical I guess.
Its one of those cases where MHY is too greedy and would rather make people spend on 2 separate banners.

I tried him last year and like his kit. I have Shinobu here, but dislike the way her kit work. I hate the way her elemental skill works.

I don't think his kit is outdate, in fact I prefer his burst than Cyno by a mile. The problem with new characters are they start to feel as same as the old characters, 'oh create a area' or 'infuse with elemental'.
Well, he's a 4 star, and 4 star DPS characters just aren't very good. Even if you invest a bunch in him, he's never gonna be as good as a 5 star (except maybe Dehya & Qiqi). His damage is also split between electro and physical. Physical dmg unfortunately is just kinda trash in this game. That's why I think he's mostly obsolete, though you can of course make him work.

Fake

Well, he's a 4 star, and 4 star DPS characters just aren't very good. Even if you invest a bunch in him, he's never gonna be as good as a 5 star (except maybe Dehya & Qiqi). His damage is also split between electro and physical. Physical dmg unfortunately is just kinda trash in this game. That's why I think he's mostly obsolete, though you can of course make him work.

I understand, but I have Diluc as well to cover his damage output. Diluc still do high numbers.

Eula is probably more powerful than Razor (dps claymore), but you still need to 'like' the character you look, design, kit, apparence... My Nilou don't do huge numbers (would require time), but I like her kit and still having fun trying to make her bloom works.

In the end you need to mix a good character kit with having fun while playing with him, or you will end up into the meta thing looking for numbers.

My Fischl's physical damage is higher than a lot of 5* I have.
I doubt she can compete with characters that have actual elemental reactions to profit from. Many enemies have increased phys resistance, and physical attacks don't break shields. You're needlessly making the hardest content in this game even harder by relying on phys dmg.

Fuz

Banned

Fu9Y39h.png
Man those 4 stars are all pretty fucking good for me. :\

Fake

Some 4* are indeed strong if you put some investment.

I can easily do >20k on basic attack with Razor. More damage per second than Dehya.

Man those 4 stars are all pretty fucking good for me. :\
Yeah, if you're not pulling in 3.6 it's gonna be rough in terms of 4 stars. There's not much else they can put on future banners that would actually be interesting.

Some 4* are indeed strong if you put some investment.

I can easily do >20k on basic attack with Razor. More damage per second than Dehya.
You can beat the Spiral Abyss with just 4 stars. If you're really into Razor or Noelle or whoever, you can make them work. All I'm saying is that, with equal investment, 5 star characters will do more damage than 4 stars, and usually way more. The multipliers just work that way.

Phys dmg makes things even worse. I mean, you can do 20k with Razor's basic attack. Can you swirl that with VV for that juicy 40% resistance shred? Can you vape or melt that for 1.5 - 2 times the damage? Does it break (elemental) shields? You can stack a bunch of bonuses for phys dmg, but you're fighting an uphill battle with virtually no benefits, and you still won't be able to achieve the same damage output as elemental-based characters. Eula's strongest team right now is a hyperbloom team where you basically slot her in just for the sake of it. Physical is just not very good.

Saber

Gold Member
My teams were almost composed of 4-stars(used to cry alot about being moraless lol). My main team still composed of 4-stars, which aways lead to me thinking that current MHY would love to nerf those in order to make people move on from them. I got a feeling they didn't want new 4-stars being good like the other ones, so they would instead nerf the old characters.

Nowadays I have a fair amount of 5-stars like Ayaka, Kazuha, Shenhe and Keqing.

deanote666

I doubt she can compete with characters that have actual elemental reactions to profit from. Many enemies have increased phys resistance, and physical attacks don't break shields. You're needlessly making the hardest content in this game even harder by relying on phys dmg.
x0OecCF.gif

You dare insult my queen?

Fake

Yeah, if you're not pulling in 3.6 it's gonna be rough in terms of 4 stars. There's not much else they can put on future banners that would actually be interesting.

You can beat the Spiral Abyss with just 4 stars. If you're really into Razor or Noelle or whoever, you can make them work. All I'm saying is that, with equal investment, 5 star characters will do more damage than 4 stars, and usually way more. The multipliers just work that way.

Phys dmg makes things even worse. I mean, you can do 20k with Razor's basic attack. Can you swirl that with VV for that juicy 40% resistance shred? Can you vape or melt that for 1.5 - 2 times the damage? Does it break (elemental) shields? You can stack a bunch of bonuses for phys dmg, but you're fighting an uphill battle with virtually no benefits, and you still won't be able to achieve the same damage output as elemental-based characters. Eula's strongest team right now is a hyperbloom team where you basically slot her in just for the sake of it. Physical is just not very good.

I indeed beat Spiral with team 4* only, but I must confess that floor 12 I earn no stars.
Not a single one. But the others I got 9 stars on each.

I'm pretty much dependent on the abyss blessing and the cards effect. Some cards are really shit and don't help me beat sponge foes.

I agree with you. Physical is not a good effect. I got Rosaria C6 and her burst don't help that much. I would prefer DEF reduction instead of physical reduction.

Last edited:

Pejo

This is great news if true. I didn't like this character's design at all. Chance for the Archon to have a better design.

Anyways, I took a few days off from the game, went back in today and finished Dehya's quest and the new archon quest. Both of them were really good. Way better than the last couple of voiced quests.

Dehya's was surprisingly touching, I really like the mystery they set up with it. Now to wait until 2035 until they circle back around to chapter 2 for all of their character quests.

Archon quest, I have a few thoughts:

Calibert - did he turn into Kaeya, or reincarnate as Kaeya, or is it a red herring and he died on that cliff as the last of the Albreich line on his mistress's side. "Eide" admmited that he had a tryst and that's how Caribert was born, so that may have been his mother buried outside the hut with Albreich. Also, apparently the twin sibling was the Prince/Princess of Abyss before Albreich took over, so some of what Kaeya and Dain know about the situation is off, or Dain is being purposefully misleading. I'm also wondering what Kaeya's eye looks like under the eyepatch now, since he cleary has his (father?)'s eye to the one he leaves exposed.

My personal guess is that Kaeya is a transformed Calibert with the "sinner" living within his right eye.

They still make the whole timelines of the twins showing up in Teyvat really hard to understand. I hope it's not 6 months before the next Dain quest.

Also, touching moment when Traveler hugs Paimon at the end. I don't particularly like her most of the time, but even I thought that was a nice end to the quest. If nothing else, she provides Traveler with some stability in Teyvat.

Eide's voice acting was pretty good. Maybe a little much at times, but at least it didn't sound like one of the same 5 dudes talking in a completely disinterested way like in most quests.

Overall, I'm really happy with both quests, I hope they keep the quality up in future quests.

Pejo

Well, looks like i was wrong about that leak Fake Fake - I read the thread and that IS Focalors, but she is a sword user, and the Claymore (pictured) is for the other character, Soutine, who we have not yet seen.

Shit.

Also, just another scoop of shit for the pile:

crumbs

Calibert - did he turn into Kaeya, or reincarnate as Kaeya, or is it a red herring and he died on that cliff as the last of the Albreich line on his mistress's side. "Eide" admmited that he had a tryst and that's how Caribert was born, so that may have been his mother buried outside the hut with Albreich. Also, apparently the twin sibling was the Prince/Princess of Abyss before Albreich took over, so some of what Kaeya and Dain know about the situation is off, or Dain is being purposefully misleading. I'm also wondering what Kaeya's eye looks like under the eyepatch now, since he cleary has his (father?)'s eye to the one he leaves exposed.

My personal guess is that Kaeya is a transformed Calibert with the "sinner" living within his right eye.

They still make the whole timelines of the twins showing up in Teyvat really hard to understand. I hope it's not 6 months before the next Dain quest.

Also, touching moment when Traveler hugs Paimon at the end. I don't particularly like her most of the time, but even I thought that was a nice end to the quest. If nothing else, she provides Traveler with some stability in Teyvat.

Eide's voice acting was pretty good. Maybe a little much at times, but at least it didn't sound like one of the same 5 dudes talking in a completely disinterested way like in most quests.

Overall, I'm really happy with both quests, I hope they keep the quality up in future quests.
I thought it was a decent quest, I like they how they presented the story.

Not sure if the timeline matches up for Kaeya to be a transformed Caribert. Kaeya was a kid when Diluc's father adopted him, but Dain says that Eide/Chlothar disappeared 100 years after founding the Abyss order. So the Caribert incident was at least 100 years ago.

Caribert could still factor into the story once we find out more details on the "Loom of Fate".

Chlothar may have fathered other children after the Caribert incident, of which Kaeya could be a descendent.

I think it was weird that Dain agreed with the idea that the other buried body was Chlothar. He needs to get CSI: Teyvat to analyze this body because it's kinda a big deal if Chlothar was actually able to die.

Fake

Thats a shame. Foutine design looks fucking horrible.

So, is very hard to MYH to miss on Dainslaif quests, so I was already expecting a good overall questline. Dehya on the other hand surprise me. After Nilou I almost gave up doing those quests, but is quite a good one.

Strange about Traveler having acess to his sister memories...

Saber

Gold Member
The worst music mini game so far.

I'm more concerned about the hardcore button press this song event demands.
The game on normal is like "press thisthisthisholdthithithithisholdthisthithithithis-" and I was like "I'm not even gonna try".

This event so far has being terrible for me.

Last edited:

crumbs

I'm on PC and playing on a controller and I found the music game to be a bit easier after going into the mini-game's options and changing it so that the notes drop straight down rather than at an angle (I assume this is also an option on PS4/5). I'm still terrible at it, but I can at least get all the rewards at Pro difficulty.

Guess I played too much DJMAX because that rhythm game is super easy for me. I might miss a couple of notes on the pro difficulty but I'm too lazy to try again since it doesn't earn me anything.

deanote666

This is great news if true. I didn't like this character's design at all. Chance for the Archon to have a better design.

Anyways, I took a few days off from the game, went back in today and finished Dehya's quest and the new archon quest. Both of them were really good. Way better than the last couple of voiced quests.

Dehya's was surprisingly touching, I really like the mystery they set up with it. Now to wait until 2035 until they circle back around to chapter 2 for all of their character quests.

The curse made them immortal, they never said sterile.

Pejo

The curse made them immortal, they never said sterile.
When's the last time you saw a baby in Teyvat? Also, if you were a woman, would you with Chlothar in his current state?

I thought it was a decent quest, I like they how they presented the story.

Not sure if the timeline matches up for Kaeya to be a transformed Calibert. Kaeya was a kid when Diluc's father adopted him, but Dain says that Eide/Chlothar disappeared 100 years after founding the Abyss order. So the Caribert incident was at least 100 years ago.

Caribert could still factor into the story once we find out more details on the "Loom of Fate".

Chlothar may have fathered other children after the Caribert incident, of which Kaeya could be a descendent.

I think it was weird that Dain agreed with the idea that the other buried body was Chlothar. He needs to get CSI: Teyvat to analyze this body because it's kinda a big deal if Chlothar was actually able to die.
Good point, but usually offscreen deaths are done for a reason, especially with how Calibert played out. I don't think it's possible that Chlothar fathered other children AFTER the part in the archon quest, even if just due to his mental state. He does still have his actual wife and that family line (since Calibert was the result of a tryst with another non-Khaenri'ah woman), so I guess it's possible that Kaeya comes from that line.

I still think there's some sort of relation with Kaeya and Caribert though. Why would they specifically have Kaeya show up for 5 mins in the beginning of the quest, reveal his name, do a bunch of closeups of his "good" eye, and then he fucks off for the rest of the story? Depending on the mother, if she was tan skinned, could explain Kaeya's complexion when every other native Khaenri'ah citizen we've seen has been pale. Might also explain the bit of "Calibert - don't ever take off the mask" if he had heterochromia or something evil going on or whatever is up with his covered eye.

Also, wasn't Pierro linked directly to Khaenri'ah royalty in either some official material or leaks? I can't remember the details but he has the same eye as Kaeya and Chlothar.

Strange about Traveler having acess to his sister memories...
I looked up the various definitions of "loom" from "Loom of Fate"
a frame or machine for interlacing (see INTERLACE sense 1) at right angles two or more sets of threads or yarns to form a cloth
So it could be taken as the threads of fate weaving together (most likely intention, considering the twins seem to be living the same general "path" through Teyvat, but there's also:
the indistinct and exaggerated appearance of something seen on the horizon or through fog or darkness
So that might play into it somehow. But yea you're right, the Dain quests are always pretty good because they're actually moving the plot forward, even if it's frustratingly slow.

Guess I played too much DJMAX because that rhythm game is super easy for me. I might miss a couple of notes on the pro difficulty but I'm too lazy to try again since it doesn't earn me anything.
I had a hard time at the drum-a-long version in Inazuma, but after having it "click" with the controls (I play controller on PC), i've been able to ace Pro without issue. I actually really like this music minigame and I love Eula's theme, so I've just been playing it for fun. At any rate, it's more fun than their botched attempt at Pac-Man.

Fuz

Banned
I'm on PC and playing on a controller
nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Dainsleif quest Basically never see Dainsleif
Caribert isn't Kaeya, he's just a descendant of Eide, according to reddit loremasters.

Good point, but usually offscreen deaths are done for a reason
Mihoyo being cheap and saving money on animation.

This is not Hollywood.

Last edited:

Pejo

Caribert isn't Kaeya, he's just a descendant of Eide, according to reddit loremasters.
Did they give a reason or just because they said so?
Mihoyo being cheap and saving money on animation.

This is not Hollywood.
Genshin has made more money than a lot of Hollywood films. Plus they actually did real animations in this story quest that weren't just canned microwave spin and walk straight/hand on heart animations

Saber

Gold Member
I'm on PC and playing on a controller and I found the music game to be a bit easier after going into the mini-game's options and changing it so that the notes drop straight down rather than at an angle (I assume this is also an option on PS4/5). I'm still terrible at it, but I can at least get all the rewards at Pro difficulty.

Theres alot of options on PS4 as well. I changed some as soon as I noted.
I though it would help, but the musical notes still appears way too fast for my taste. Even on normal.

Last edited:

crumbs

Good point, but usually offscreen deaths are done for a reason, especially with how Calibert played out. I don't think it's possible that Chlothar fathered other children AFTER the part in the archon quest, even if just due to his mental state. He does still have his actual wife and that family line (since Calibert was the result of a tryst with another non-Khaenri'ah woman), so I guess it's possible that Kaeya comes from that line.

I still think there's some sort of relation with Kaeya and Caribert though. Why would they specifically have Kaeya show up for 5 mins in the beginning of the quest, reveal his name, do a bunch of closeups of his "good" eye, and then he fucks off for the rest of the story? Depending on the mother, if she was tan skinned, could explain Kaeya's complexion when every other native Khaenri'ah citizen we've seen has been pale. Might also explain the bit of "Calibert - don't ever take off the mask" if he had heterochromia or something evil going on or whatever is up with his covered eye.

Also, wasn't Pierro linked directly to Khaenri'ah royalty in either some official material or leaks? I can't remember the details but he has the same eye as Kaeya and Chlothar.

I looked up the various definitions of "loom" from "Loom of Fate"

So it could be taken as the threads of fate weaving together (most likely intention, considering the twins seem to be living the same general "path" through Teyvat, but there's also:

So that might play into it somehow. But yea you're right, the Dain quests are always pretty good because they're actually moving the plot forward, even if it's frustratingly slow.
This quest did a good job of giving some info, but leaving just as many questions (I do wish Dain was in the actual quest a bit more). For me, these are the main unanswered elements:

- How many immortally cursed pure blood Khaenri'ans are still out there in the current Teyvat? We know of Dain & Pierro.
- Another possibility for Kaeya's lineage is that Chlothar found another pure blood Khaenri'ah woman and they had a kid. Her motive would be continuing a pure blood line. However, I think your point about Chlothar possibly already having legitimate children pre-apocalypse is more likely scenario.
- Dain's claims to have muddled memories, but he could be using that as an excuse to not reveal info to the traveler? Chlothar seems to be suffering from mental issues, but that could be related to the Caribert situation.
- Was the buried male body actually Chlothar? This would mean he was able to end the curse.
- If Kaeya is part of the Loom of Fate plot, why would Celestia grant him a vision?

Top Bottom