• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

Gold Member
Welp
j8yk6nzy5sma1.jpg

Well thats not bad for me I guess.
But isn't another leaker claiming this one is fake and that she is indeed geo?
Can't really say I like those leakers throwing "leaks" at each other.

SSfox

Well thats not bad for me I guess.
But isn't another leaker claiming this one is fake and that she is indeed geo?
Can't really say I like those leakers throwing "leaks" at each other.
She was meant 5* geo back then but it was old concept it seems

Pejo

Wonder if the skill descriptions are accurate or if they're old now too.

Like 10~ new gaming outlets just covered the #BuffDehya thing, including the UK trash rag "The Sun". Good news, it must be driving clicks for them to all jump on like that. I mean the pressure has to be getting to MHY right? We already got our first fix/buff!

oq11brzxfoma1.png

At least they're tackling the important stuff first.

3.6 possible banner leak:
k52lo3w5rqma1.png

Last edited:

Fake

Gonna try Nilou C1 at least.

About the cat now being a dendro, maybe I'll give a try. Sword users are so luck with tgeir weapons, there is a good variety of 4* weapons.

It all comes down to what the Dehya fans and media do when MHY doesn't listen to the complaints, because I don't think they will.

Kind of a shame Momoka won't be geo. I get that dendro is underrepresented, but it's a bit much when it's the element of five consecutive releases. I also thought the cat girl was gonna be from Liyue, but apparently she's from Inazuma? And there was another teased Inazuman character too. Lots of love for that region all of a sudden.

But yeah, I think most people will just save for Fontaine and the archon. Seems like the safest bet. Hydro is so powerful too and it can work with almost any other element really well. I feel like dendro has already peaked with Nahida.

Pejo

Gonna try Nilou C1 at least.

About the cat now being a dendro, maybe I'll give a try. Sword users are so luck with tgeir weapons, there is a good variety of 4* weapons.
Well the new leaks are saying catgirl is 4* anyways, so she's gonna be the side attraction to some rerun banner, most likely.

I might go for C1 Nilou as well. Now that she has some options to make her Bountiful Core team work better, I could see myself using it more often.

Fake

Well the new leaks are saying catgirl is 4* anyways, so she's gonna be the side attraction to some rerun banner, most likely.

I might go for C1 Nilou as well. Now that she has some options to make her Bountiful Core team work better, I could see myself using it more often.

4* is OK for dendro. I don't like geo because is no fun.

Both team China and two leakers are confirming the cat as 4* sword.
I have tons of swords here, so for me is a win to win sittuation.

The first cons of Nilou is what I'm looking for, so if I get more even better. Her hydro cutter in conjuction with Xingu/Yelan burst do decent numbers.

Saber

Gold Member
It all comes down to what the Dehya fans and media do when MHY doesn't listen to the complaints, because I don't think they will.

Kind of a shame Momoka won't be geo. I get that dendro is underrepresented, but it's a bit much when it's the element of five consecutive releases. I also thought the cat girl was gonna be from Liyue, but apparently she's from Inazuma? And there was another teased Inazuman character too. Lots of love for that region all of a sudden.

But yeah, I think most people will just save for Fontaine and the archon. Seems like the safest bet. Hydro is so powerful too and it can work with almost any other element really well. I feel like dendro has already peaked with Nahida.

Yeah, but I don't think this on the same level as Zonghli for instance.
I mean, the Geo Archon to be a piss is basically the worst and most retard joke ever made. Dehya? She is basically a nobody with a drip story market, they probably will make people forget her in no time.

As for geo honestly I kinda feel like MHY doesn't want to make changes to geo at all. I think their fanbase already know what to expect from new 4-star geos. Just the fact that she is now dendro suddenly felt more interesting to me, while as a I already have like 3 geos, one of them as a shielder. I like to talk to my brother about suggestions on geo reactions, but I'm done ever giving them any ideas or suggestions so they can steal them for easy money.

At this point is there anybody here not saving for Fountaine? Kinda speaks alot about their current character release roster.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah, but I don't think this on the same level as Zonghli for instance.
I mean, the Geo Archon to be a piss is basically the worst and most retard joke ever made. Dehya? She is basically a nobody with a drip story market, they probably will make people forget her in no time.
I dunno, sure I'm actually invested in the outrage this time, but I don't remember any character getting reactions like this outside of Zhongli. I think there's a real chance that MHY does SOMETHING for her. Even if it's just bug fixes for her awful buggy burst and some % buffs for her moves, that's enough to make her "ok". I don't think that's a particularly high ask for MHY.
As for geo honestly I kinda feel like MHY doesn't want to make changes to geo at all. I think their fanbase already know what to expect from new 4-star geos. Just the fact that she is now geo suddenly felt more interesting to me, while as a I already have like 3 geos, one of them as a shielder. I like to talk to my brother about suggestions on geo reactions, but I'm done ever giving them any ideas or suggestions so they can steal them for easy money.
Geo is really an unfortunate element. They designed it way back when they were lying to themselves about defensive mechanics mattering at all while simultaneously designing content that was hyper-offensively focused. I'd love to see a rework on the element eventually. I don't think a single player would cry about losing access to crystallize shields. Then again, from the smooth brained posts I've seen about Dehya, maybe some idiot somewhere would defend it.
At this point is there anybody here not saving for Fountaine? Kinda speaks alot about their current character release roster.
Fontaine seems dead in the water (ha!) as far as excitement. Focalors has one of my least favorite female designs in the game yet. The only one I'm even mildly curious about at this point is the Bloodborne girl that supposedly will come with Mondstadt's Port Douman expansion. Character Designs have been getting worse, character kits are either copy/pasted from other characters or strictly inferior to characters that came before. They're lucky their quest content is improving, or else I think they'd start to see a large dropoff of players. Imagine if we were still getting Inazuma Archon quest tier content on top of these shit characters.

And all of this is coming after them making money hand over fist, constantly breaking banner sales records (Dehya banner excluded obviously). I'd love to see the game start tanking in $$ to force them to stop sniffing their own farts for a while and re-evaluate their game direction.

I still play Tower of Fantasy from time to time, and while it's an inferior game in almost every conceivable way, it does one thing right in making the actual core gameplay fun to play. Characters aren't all locked in to the same 5 animations and body types. Some weapons allow you to fly just because. There's a grappling hook for getting around, there's jetpacks. They aren't so afraid of opening up the gameplay and letting the players have a good time within the world. Character balance is decided in terms of overall game content, not just based on the first characters they released in version 1.0.

Genshin is primarily a single player game with no real leaderboards or stakes or anything. Their hyper focus on keeping characters at or below version 1.0 characters is really stupid at this point in the game. We still have 3 nations and whatever endgame they have planned for part 1 of Genshin Impact, so thats' what, another 60 characters minimum? They need to loosen the grip a little bit and start doing some cool shit. The only ones holding them back are themselves.

Saber

Gold Member
I dunno, sure I'm actually invested in the outrage this time, but I don't remember any character getting reactions like this outside of Zhongli. I think there's a real chance that MHY does SOMETHING for her. Even if it's just bug fixes for her awful buggy burst and some % buffs for her moves, that's enough to make her "ok". I don't think that's a particularly high ask for MHY.

I said the same about Xynian, end up giving up on asking for a simply fix.
Though Dehya is 5-star, but they could use the excuse that she goes to standart banner. I really wish you the best, but the way MHY is handling this this screams like they give a single fuck about her.

Geo is really an unfortunate element. They designed it way back when they were lying to themselves about defensive mechanics mattering at all while simultaneously designing content that was hyper-offensively focused. I'd love to see a rework on the element eventually. I don't think a single player would cry about losing access to crystallize shields. Then again, from the smooth brained posts I've seen about Dehya, maybe some idiot somewhere would defend it.

We both have being here since the start of GI and knew how boring and tedious geo is. Maybe the only good thing about it is when you go to that domain that keeps throwing you unbalanced amount of cryos at you in the hope you give up. My Noelle could change to an another element, wouldn't make any difference for me. Which also reflects on 5-star geos that need to have high numbers/damage dealers for nature otherwise they are not worth.

Currently I have 3 geo characters which I play. Noelle, Ningguang and Yun Jin. Out of the 3, Noelle is the only one I play often for its shield and healing mechanics.
The other 2 even though I like them, I rarely play. Usually when I go to the cryo crap domain for talents.

Last edited:

deanote666

Remember Eula? People all over the place was accepting she would flop, until MYH release some fanservice trailers (male traveler and Eula dance).
nbF9gbh.gif

If the 3.6 banners are real, I'm thinking about Nahida cons. Don't care about dendro dude unless he has some hook. Don't use Ganyu that much. Don't have Nilou. Got Nahida C2, 4* weapon.

Last edited:

Fake

4* swords I have right now:
Favonius Sword
The Flute
Sacrificial Sword
Lion's Roar
Prototype Rancour
The Alley Flash
Festering Desire
Cinnabar Spindle
Kagotsurube Isshin
Xiphos' Moonlight
Toukabou Shigure

SSfox

Wait, you want us to believe you're not Hittler reincarnation?

Nice try.
What bothered me is that he literally just send message in German, like he immediately assumed stuffs out of his lame brain, it would have been fine if he just asked me at first what your nickman means or something, but no it's much better to assume random stuffs of people you don't even know

Fake

What bothered me is that he literally just send message in German, like he immediately assumed stuffs out of his lame brain, it would have been fine if he just asked me at first what your nickman means or something, but no it's much better to assume random stuffs of people you don't even know

Is insane what the GI community is turning on. For things like that I put a huge 'go away pronoun users' in my profile. This act like a force field to keep them far away.

Look on the good side, he could mistake SSFox with Super Simp Fox.

Last edited:

Pejo

HAHAHA they fucking nerfed Dehya's artifact set. You can't make this shit up. Talk about being tone deaf with this whole #FixDehya thing, holy shit.

Dehya's problem was never the artifacts anyway. Tenacity is good for her in a support role, Emblem is good for increasing her burst damage. This new set was only a slight boost at C4 (which fixes her energy issues) but it's more resin efficient to keep farming other domains.

Fake

They nerfed Baizhu kit and cons, but buffed his main weapon... This reminds me that huge Alhaitham nerf that make me lost the interess of getting him.

GI community should understand that Dehya is a lost cause.

Last edited:

Pejo

Dehya's problem was never the artifacts anyway. Tenacity is good for her in a support role, Emblem is good for increasing her burst damage. This new set was only a slight boost at C4 (which fixes her energy issues) but it's more resin efficient to keep farming other domains.
That's running under the assumption that you were using her for her awful burst instead of her awful elemental skill. Tenacity is ok for her, but I'm already running it on Shinobu, so I don't need a second set.

I've had reasonably good success with a team of Childe/Dehya/Collei/Shinobu, and the only thing she brings to that team is the knockback resist and an occasional Burgeon. Let's be real, she's not "Best in Slot" for any team, so it's not like this nerf particularly matters, it's just the optics of it all. I think we're up to like 20 some articles written about it now, and they continue to nerf her explicitly. This artifact set isn't equal or better than another set for literally any other character for any reason, outside stacking the 2pc HP+20% for shield characters.

GI community should understand that Dehya is a lost cause.
Oh yea, they specifically hate her for some reason and want her to be bad. But with her kit and now Baizhu getting pretty damning nerfs, I think it shows a particularly nasty trend of new characters sucking. I don't think anyone would want a character they've been waiting for to be bad when they finally release. I dunno if the 1.0 character designers got fired or moved to another project or what, but the team in charge of anyone since 3.0 (outside of Nahida) should really step back and take a look at themselves. If Dendro as an element wasn't absolutely busted for not only itself, but for Electro and Hydro, there would be a lot more complaining.

Last edited:

Fake

Oh yea, they specifically hate her for some reason and want her to be bad. But with her kit and now Baizhu getting pretty damning nerfs, I think it shows a particularly nasty trend of new characters sucking. I don't think anyone would want a character they've been waiting for to be bad when they finally release. I dunno if the 1.0 character designers got fired or moved to another project or what, but the team in charge of anyone since 3.0 (outside of Nahida) should really step back and take a look at themselves. If Dendro as an element wasn't absolutely busted for not only itself, but for Electro and Hydro, there would be a lot more complaining.

Is pretty obvious a pattern here. MHY releasing terrible 5* while MHY creating overpowerful open world boss with get even worst inside the abyss.

One thing I find curious is this pattern pretty much confirm MHY indeed read 'EVERY' community of this game, to twitter/reddit to even here on neoGAF or facebook. Look at our old conversations.
We talk about how tedious is to farm artifacts because the RNG aspect of this game. So, some of us started to get 5* characters just to have fun and etc, etc, me for example, just happy getting a 5* character without any constellation and we're good to go... I guess MHY is really reading our conversation (if reddit have some besides posting fanart 24 hrs a day) and doing those modifications based on that. I mean, you put very weak 5* characters, but make powerful 5* artifacts that only get good if you get luck with their main attributes and make powerful foes with problematics mechanics.

Well, we posted here that we wouldn't give them feedback anymore, so one more reason to force them to read our conversations.

Pejo

That means I can skip the twink and get his sister. I call this a win. I was scared she was going to be his puppet and an "all in one" unit.

Last edited:
That means I can skip the twink and get his sister. I call this a win. I was scared she was going to be his puppet and an "all in one" unit.
Unless they're on the same banner.

Also, still waiting for a 5 star anemo girl. It's an untapped market MHY, get on that!

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Pejo Pejo

Apparently they dropped this in the last livestream with no explanation

If this is the "tech updates" they were talking about that would be pretty sick.

deanote666

Lol. Doing Dehya's story quest. Her trial version has 90% CR/CD, C3, and the fight lasts 5 seconds so you can't see her numbers. Still early in the quest though.

Top Bottom