• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley Confirms The Game Awards 2015

EDIT: Watch the full Keynote here: http://www.twitch.tv/pax/b/614931456 . The bit about continuing it this year occurs around the 53:40 time mark.

While speaking at his opening Keynote at PAX South ( http://www.twitch.tv/pax ), Keighley was going over his career's history and while speaking about the Game Awards he said he was looking towards doing another Game Awards show this year. It got a lot of cheers from the crowd and he seemed pretty excited about it.

Overall his keynote in general was really great to listen to as well. The guy seems to be one of the most intensely passionate people in the industry pushing for new things and getting the industry more publicity and understanding.

samn

Are any recordings of these things made available online?

edit - nevermind, saw it was on Twitch so I'm guessing it'll be on youtube sometime.

rhandino

Banned
Good, now drop the fluff and focus on the Awards and people that is being celebrated.

Pretty please =D

Edit: Also, please not more than 2 hours T_T

I really enjoyed it this year so I look forward to it. Really thought it made strides in legitimizing and maturing the art form as worthy of proper respect.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
2014's awards were great .. but maybe drop the musical acts and spend more time giving awards on the stage please ?

Not dissing Geoff's effort, he basically did the whole thing himself, which is amazing .. but there's always room for improvement.

Very cool. My favorite parts of the show were probably the music acts. Get more of that going. Was awesome.

As long as it is videogame soundtrack tunes and composers or bands doing covers of songs or whatever.

Just keep the crowd away from the Mics this time please.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vinc

This. Don't hand them out like junk.

Yep!

Maybe cut down on the amount of awards, make them more meaningful, take the time to let the winners speak. World premieres are great, but I wouldn't mind less of them and a better integration of them into the show.

If the overall thing is still as long as last year in the end, I will not mind. I don't think most people will mind either. When people say "it was too long", they really meant "it wasn't well paced." and "The content wasn't interesting enough to me."

I know the point of the show is to increase visibility of games and evangelize them to a greater audience, but quality makes that happen naturally. Give the show a tighter focus and less variety or quantity for more quality. People will love it, word will spread, popularity will rise.

Eventually, the world premieres can become the show's ads, making it the "Superbowl" of gaming where the ads are as interesting as the show itself, and helping finance it as well.

Derpyduck

Banned
Cool. But it needs to be much shorter. I lost all interest in it after 1.5 hours. There's no need for it to be as long of a show as it was. Tighten it up.

Courage

Last year's show set a good foundation, but it was wayyyyyy too long. Condense it into an hour and a half, take out the fluff, and I'm sure it'll be good.

ito007

Woop woop! If the whole show was like the second half of the last one I think it can be killer. So far best game awards show I've ever seen (didn't have much competition though)

HELL YES GEOFF! So happy for you brother, your hard work paid off last year as overall I enjoyed the show quite a bit.

Could use a bit of tweaking still (especially audio levels with the crowd) but was a great first attempt. Had some awesome moments like the Zelda medley at the end.

Sign me up to watch again this year!

Top Bottom