• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley will not be attending E3

Longtime gaming journalist and personality Geoff Keighley, host and creator of The Game Awards, will not be attending the Electronic Entertainment Expo for the first time in 25 years. To that end, he will not hold the E3 Coliseum event, a highly anticipated newsbreaking platform with panel discussions of game developers providing more details on their biggest titles.

[/URL]

6T3vuUy.jpg

Last edited:

meirl

Banned
Of course. Why should he? Basically a competition of his game awards, so why should he support them? His competition.

He's going all in on The Game Awards. Eventually that will take E3s place completely. Going to be a full weekend complete with press conferences and all.

my bet
This is my belief as well. After the fallout from last year's E3 surrounding doxxing journalists and the changing of how E3 has been presented, I think a competitor arising was the next logical step.

TheMan

It is a shame. E3 was kind of like Christmas in June. That said, this year's pivot towards influencers and youtubers sounds gross and not at all what I expect from them. Geoff has the right idea with the VGAs- non stop trailers, reveals, associated discounts on your favorite storefront. He has a great base to build and expand upon.

So an influencer and interviewer thinks hes the shit to announce via PR that hes not attending E3. I get that the event is dying slowly, or more like contracting due to the times. But he needs to get off his high horse.

Nero_PR

Banned
E3 is saved by this news.
At this point, E3's salvation is only death. It is clear as day, the E3 management just want the money from the legion of fools who will follow their e-celebs there. No point for big companies or investors to stay if it doesn't bring them money.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Geoff should have been banned from E3 for leaking the Xbox One X price before Microsofts 2017 E3 show.

That's not how media journalism works. If Microsoft told him that information with the understanding he couldn't report it, that would be one thing. Him finding that out through his own sources, it is fair game.

This is how all journalism works - not just video games. He didn't owe MS (or any other company) anything.

His parents should have been banned from naming kids until they learn how to spell better though.

Last edited:
I only watch the conferences anyway, all the other stuff is just rehashing what you have already seen.

Oh except Giant Bomb and Phil Spencer interview, that’s always worth a watch.

Top Bottom