• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley will not be attending E3

Pantz

That's not how media journalism works. If Microsoft told him that information with the understanding he couldn't report it, that would be one thing. Him finding that out through his own sources, it is fair game.

This is how all journalism works - not just video games. He didn't owe MS (or any other company) anything.

His parents should have been banned from naming kids until they learn how to spell better though.

So I guess he shouldn't mind when E3 leaked his info.
He should be ashamed. Now he's all the "No leaks at my show" guy.

Vawn

Banned
So I guess he shouldn't mind when E3 leaked his info.
He should be ashamed. Now he's all the "No leaks at my show" guy.

Lol what? You are equating reporting a console potential price to that of thousands of people's phone numbers, addresses and emails?

makaveli60

I'm really sad that E3 is dying. As someone already mentioned, it was like a gamer Christmas in June. It was there since I started gaming and I will really miss it. I like Geoff Keighley also, one of my favorite people in the gaming industry but this move doesn't seem fair. Just because they accidentally leaked info of some "journalists" they are punishing them? If that's what this is then it's really pathetic.

YukiOnna

Man, this sucks. I love Geoff and the content he produces, I always enjoy his E3 live stream hosting and Coliseum program since it gives a lot of insight from various developers games + keeps me engaged throughout the 3 or so days. Ah well, that definitely kills a lot of E3 for me. At least he'll still be hosting the Gamescom Opening.

I've lost interest in Giant Bomb for the most part, but I still tune into their E3 shows.
Ever since they split into East and West, I've lost a lot of interest. Plus, Dan Ryckert or w/e his name was sucked.

Silvawuff

E3 hasn't been relevant for years imo. It did give us Giant Enemy Crab and "Riiiiidge Raaacer!" Both of these are timeless memes and we should respect E3 for that.

Rim

Rip E3
giphy.gif

Arkam

Havent been to E3 since 2016... and I feel I havent missed a thing. Beside the fight to leave staples center parking garage at the end of the day.

Hinedorf

Banned
Holy crap I had no idea about the ESA leak, I'm surprised more haven't backed out to be honest. The only reason it probably wasn't cancelled was due to prior commitments.

Butz

Banned
E3 2020 is gonna suck some serious ass isn't it.

Because Geoff isn't there to interview Boogie and ask him what he thought of the conferences? Nah.
I'd say this one's going to be very exciting because studios and publishers want to showcase their next gen games.

Hostile_18

Banned
He's not really saying much, it's all so vague... like why he isn't attending? Either make a statement against E3 or don't IMO.

No. Half. Measures.

After Sony now Keighley. How will E3 survive a blow like that?
They can't.

E3 has been dying for years now. Sony pulling out was a smart move. I highly doubt Microsoft will be back next year. They may be their last year too.

EDIT:

Looks like Geoff tweeting he's not attending E3 this year has struck a nerve with some people in this thread lol

Last edited:

DonF

And fat out of touch video game personalities who stupidly refer to their audience as stupid for having enthusiasm about video games will soon be shut down by CBS. Good luck on that impending Gamespot merger.

what a dumb dude. I cant believe he is gaming press. Trailers are hype enough to me that they feel like a "present". He might have lost the joy for the hobby, perhaps for him its just a job now.

Last edited:

ghairat

The reason? And also did Sony hire him? I have a hard time buying the argument “since Sony isn’t there I won’t be there”.

Top Bottom