• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff: No Metal Gear Rising 2 tease at Taipei Game Show | NeoGAF: That tweet was CG

Was Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at the Taipei Game Show?

Results are only viewable after voting.
The ign article said the tease was spotted by a keen eyed gaffer. If thats true than it started somewhere here. Pity its a fake, never played the first game but tricking people is not cool. Can feel the gaf pain.

The 2 itself isn't fake. You can see it for yourself if you watch the twitch archive.

I upped the contrast on the image and put it side by side with a pic of Raiden:

429EU91.png

I've only loosely been following this so sorry in advance if I'm mistaken, but are you saying God Hand 2 is confirmed?

JazzmanZ

uh I'm pretty sure Rising 2 is happening regardless of the validity of the 2.

There was a survey maybe half a year ago that had some questions about the prospect of Metal gear rising 2, and Kojima has been tweeting pictures with some of the Platinum heads.

I think it's interesting that it appeared at all.

It appears as part of the sizzle reel when someone says "two", but it otherwise has no reference to anything other than being reminiscent of the the Rising font. You then have to ask why Sony would include such a thing in their reel.

JPS Kai

Think about it from a different angle.

What if it's not RISING 2 and instead they call it something else?

And instead of Raiden, we finally get
the Grey Fox character action game some of us wanted all along.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member

No, I kinda hope MGR2 will do a reverse MGS2 and you play a "tanker" mission as Raiden and then you play as Grey Fox in a "shell" mission. Think about it.

Since I saw the 2 with my own eyes during the stream I know that it exists. Is there a chance it's actually for another game? What other developer outside of Kojima would show a 2 for 4 frames in the middle of a stream showing upcoming PS4 games at an Asian conference?

There's no way it's Snatcher 2 or a game that Kojima is directing himself as he's going to be too busy with Silent Hills

Lethe82

Banned
This is just phase 2 of the PR marketing tease for Rising 2.

Or someone fucked up somewhere and didn't get the memo about the removal of permission to include in the reel.

But seriously guys, Kojima has gone next level sillyness with his PR pranks. MGSV wasn't even MGSV and was being made by a fake studio and they were using 3D printed bandage faces.

And who was involved with that? Dorito Pope.

Rising 2 is real, modbot closing the old thread was stupid, and we'll see Rising 2 soon enough after MGSV is out.

Nibel

mgr2ulpy2.png

This is getting fucking weird.
KuGsj.gif

I checked the font Sn4ke checked and man it really is easy to make it work with the 2 after some adujustments. I have no doubts that this is the exact same font.

Now, the big question: why?

Like Metal Gear Something: Revengeance 2?

This is getting fucking weird.
KuGsj.gif

I checked the font Sn4ke checked and man it really is easy to make it work with the 2 after some adujustments. I have no doubts that this is the exact same font.

Now, the big question: why?

There is a question on that font site asking for the MG:R font, one of the 2 replies points to that font as the best match. Best explanation I can think of is Sony made it themselves as a tease.

Top Bottom